Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bahrain 2019 - Pre Race news

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Give Seb a break! In Germany last year he forgot his umbrella !
    Mad max forgot his engine message on radio

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    fify mate. yep, quite the contrast and cars are supposed to be safer today. Now, if there's a "deluge" they redflag the race. I love when it rains-->puts everyone on an even playing field and the talented drivers come out,
    Truth is exactly opposite. Best cars usually perform as good in wet conditions except Ferrari. Merc and Red Bull work very well - Brazil 2016 - despite all the drama in the wet, it was yet another Mercedes 1-2. Last year Hungary wet qualifying was another Merc 1-2 so the talented part is also wrong. Talented drivers perform well in all conditions, they will perform equally as good in rain as they do in dry.

There is no such thing as even playing field in Formula 1 in any condition - dry or rain. The only one a driver can be compared to is his own teammate. If you want to see even playing field - watch 2 day event - Race of Champions.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Truth is exactly opposite. Best cars usually perform as good in wet conditions except Ferrari. Merc and Red Bull work very well - Brazil 2016 - despite all the drama in the wet, it was yet another Mercedes 1-2. Last year Hungary wet qualifying was another Merc 1-2 so the talented part is also wrong. Talented drivers perform well in all conditions, they will perform equally as good in rain as they do in dry.

There is no such thing as even playing field in Formula 1 in any condition - dry or rain. The only one a driver can be compared to is his own teammate. If you want to see even playing field - watch 2 day event - Race of Champions.
    okay......minus Mercedes.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Leo turrini insider at Ferrari reveals that the problem in Melbourne has been found and understood expect a very different Ferrari in Bahrain quoted as saying.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Leo turrini insider at Ferrari reveals that the problem in Melbourne has been found and understood expect a very different Ferrari in Bahrain quoted as saying.
    Hopefully it’s rectified as there are few street circuits Monaco & Singapore which are quite bumpy though asphalt is different.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Hopefully it’s rectified as there are few street circuits Monaco & Singapore which are quite bumpy though asphalt is different.
    It's the odd year in which Mercedes fails at Singapore. 2015, 2017 slower. 2014, 2016, 2018 unbeatable. A trend for Ferrari as well - 2015, 2017 good cars, 2014, 2016, 2018 - promise was there but not much in the end. Same for Vettel - record breaking odd years - 2011, 2013.

Yeah claim the 2018 car was not good just to fit in with some crazy theory, a car that would have won title if not for driver errors....
    Forza Ferrari

I find it realy good and accurate!!!
    Attachment 7592
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Yeah claim the 2018 car was not good just to fit in with some crazy theory, a car that would have won title if not for driver errors....
    you seem to forget TEAM strategy errors also, oh, and not to mention pretty crappy development also after the summer break.....all those ingerdients together MAY have lost us the WDC....don't know about the WCC though
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Monaco suits RedBull and possibly Singapore given the Honda unit. Mercedes will have a difficult time at these tracks due to their LWB.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Domenicali said the same a few days ago-->Ferrari looks to bounce back at Bahrain. He was at the Melbourne GP.

Ferrari start there season in Bahrain Lewis is already on red alert.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    The 2018 car was the best Ferrari in ten years, however, I don't blame Vettel entirely, as he wasn't operating in a vacuum. Marchionne's death, infighting, failed upgrades, poor management/strategies, and a few reliability issues all created the perfect storm. It wasn't an environment conducive to performance.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    The 2018 car was the best Ferrari in ten years, however, I don't blame Vettel entirely, as he wasn't operating in a vacuum. Marchionne's death, infighting, failed upgrades, poor management/strategies, and a few reliability issues all created the perfect storm. It wasn't an environment conducive to performance.
    What reliability issues did Vettel have, other than a sensor issue in Brazil when the title was already done & dusted? Vettel had the best reliability out of all the front runners.

Quote Originally Posted by ROCHEY View Post
    What reliability issues did Vettel have, other than a sensor issue in Brazil when the title was already done & dusted? Vettel had the best reliability out of all the front runners.
    I meant collectively. Raikkonen had a few which hurt the WCC run.

Disappointed Since 2010

I meant collectively. Raikkonen had a few which hurt the WCC run.
    True that but Seb got all the "upgraded" or "spec" components; Kimi did'nt.

The only thing perfect about the "Storm of 2018 " was Lewis' driving and his car, and Max's driving, and as you said the best Ferrari car in the last 10 years. Oh! And Seb's salary about as perfect as it can get for someone who ain't won a Ferrari WDEC,WCC yet! Let's hope this year will Ferrari's and Seb's comeback year !! With Charles doing what he can!

The only thing perfect about the "Storm of 2018 " was Lewis' driving and his car, and Max's driving, and as you said the best Ferrari car in the last 10 years. Oh! And Seb's salary about as perfect as it can get for someone who ain't won a Ferrari WDC, WCC, yet! Let's hope this year will Ferrari's and Seb's comeback year !! With Charles doing what he can!

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Monaco suits RedBull and possibly Singapore given the Honda unit. Mercedes will have a difficult time at these tracks due to their LWB.
    Didn't we say the same thing last year about Singapore?

Merc was on pole and finished 40 seconds up the road from Ferrari...

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Didn't we say the same thing last year about Singapore?

Merc was on pole and finished 40 seconds up the road from Ferrari...
    Their upgrade was supreme, during summer break.
    From this race, it was almost certain that we lost title combined with driver errors, strategy calls & development.

From this race, it was almost certain that we lost title combined with driver errors, strategy calls & development.
    amen to this; could NOT have said it any better myself
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Wouldn't say that. When we went back to our ,4 month behind upgrade, we where once again on par and even quicker,so for me nothing special from their upgrate.
    In general our bad performance from Singapore witch came from a "downgrade", made Merc and RBR look better then that where.
    But again it was out fault not being able to successfully upgrade our car.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    The only thing perfect about the "Storm of 2018 " was Lewis' driving and his car, and Max's driving, and as you said the best Ferrari car in the last 10 years. Oh! And Seb's salary about as perfect as it can get for someone who ain't won a Ferrari WDC, WCC, yet! Let's hope this year will Ferrari's and Seb's comeback year !! With Charles doing what he can!
    What? Verstappen was as bad in the first half of the season as Vettel was in the second half.

Disappointed Since 2010

Rumor has it that the problem with the SF90 is a fundamental problem with the turbo/ERS.... that will put the Ferrari on the back foot for a while it true....
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Rumor has it that the problem with the SF90 is a fundamental problem with the turbo/ERS.... that will put the Ferrari on the back foot for a while it true....
    i hope not, because if it is, by the time we introduce a fix it may already be too late due to Merc being so far ahead in points.....UNLESS that fix will come in Bahrain

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Wrong rumours I believe, probably someone got it from twitter. Here are Binotto's actual words, he believes SF90 will perform as it should at Bahrain.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Wouldn't say that. When we went back to our ,4 month behind upgrade, we where once again on par and even quicker,so for me nothing special from their upgrate.
    In general our bad performance from Singapore witch came from a "downgrade", made Merc and RBR look better then that where.
    But again it was out fault not being able to successfully upgrade our car.
    After summer break, we got our upgrade merc did the same too.
    Come Singapore GP, merc thrashed it’s rivals. From then for the next 4 races too.
    Ferrari upgrades aren’t working as expected, so they did revert back to old spec. Even though that’s enough for merc, you can literally see S3 in Mexico, Abu Dhabi merc were just killing it.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    i hope not, because if it is, by the time we introduce a fix it may already be too late due to Merc being so far ahead in points.....UNLESS that fix will come in Bahrain
    I don't there's anything fundamentally wrong with the ers or the ICE itself, I think Ferrari just didn't get their setup right. I mean Mag finished P6 and Kimi was on P8, and the issues Grosjean faced during qualifying was exhaust related.

But there's no doubt the PU was a pretty big part of Vettel's problems, he was powerless to defend against Verstappen and couldn't do a FL attempt like Leclerc did. But I think Ferrari knew what was wrong it and put him on a lift and coast mode for the last 30 laps or so.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    did you guys read this?? conspiracy or TRUTH in this?? what do you guys think??

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...**_Toto_Wolff/
    I can believe it...there are probably some far reaching conspiracies in the article. However, overall I do believe that Merc has held a significant advantage since the inception of the Turbo Hybrid Era. We have all discussed it on the forum time and again how they just mysteriously find pace when needed; especially me. I have always believed and maintain that Hamilton's dominance has been manufactured. Would be very sad if it is true because it is robbing us all. To quote the article - it is "a slap in the face to everyone who follows this sport, including everyone in the paddock".

Anyway, on to Barhrain! Forza Ferrari
    ~FORZA FERRARI~