Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425
Results 721 to 730 of 730

Thread: 2019 Bahrain GP: Practices & Qualifying

  1. #721
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    646
    Ferrari engines nothing compares.

  2. #722
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    9,570
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    One thing i don't really get, is if a point is awarded for FL then why not one also for pole?
    FL point is to encourage drivers to continue pushing until the last lap.
    Like what Bottas did in the last race. Without it, it would have been a slow cruise home for Bottas.

    Qualifying result by itself is already a reward. It doesn't need further encouragement

  3. #723
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    salco
    Posts
    2,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    FL point is to encourage drivers to continue pushing until the last lap.
    Like what Bottas did in the last race. Without it, it would have been a slow cruise home for Bottas.

    Qualifying result by itself is already a reward. It doesn't need further encouragement
    not really, as it doesn't guarantee a win, or even a points finish.

  4. #724
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    6,246
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    not really, as it doesn't guarantee a win, or even a points finish.
    It's 2 fold really and depends what era or formula your referring to. The reward or rewards is: 1.) the pole lap goes towards the drivers stats 2) depending on the era, but this hybrid formula and aero formula gave the polesitter over 70% on avg. the win of the race. Same could be said for the era's of 1999 to 2005 and 2009 & 2010 to 2013.

    Tracks like Monaco and Singapore give the polesitter a HIGH probability of winning the race PLUS it has, giving a point for the FL, some historic significance but is the least reason.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  5. #725
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    2,960
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    Indeed interesting.
    It seems VET faster is most of the corners, LEC faster on straights..
    Someone wrote 2 weeks ago that Seb had more downforce than Charles, I don`t know, but it could be true, it looks like so in that comparison video.

  6. #726
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.A
    Posts
    10,231
    smart way the grid ended up if true, leclerc will speed away into the distance on low df setup and no bad air infront
    seb will have to manage on higher df in and might help tyres last slightly longer than if he followed behind on low DF

    kind of explains why ferrari were trash on tyre wear last year since they admitted they went with as little df as possible in order to get straightline speed.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

  7. #727
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    699
    Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    smart way the grid ended up if true, leclerc will speed away into the distance on low df setup and no bad air infront
    seb will have to manage on higher df in and might help tyres last slightly longer than if he followed behind on low DF

    kind of explains why ferrari were trash on tyre wear last year since they admitted they went with as little df as possible in order to get straightline speed.
    That was because last year's aero was nothing compared to Merc and Red Bull so the only option was to make up time on the straights, this year, progress has been made so a middle ground can be arrived at.

  8. #728
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Garden of England
    Posts
    699
    Welcome, Charles, to Ferrari! You are a great talent, another Gilles maybe..

    If you win anything at Ferrari, I will be as delighted as I will be amazed.

    I have followed Ferrari since the early 1980s. With one or two notable exceptions, it remains the graveyard of talent and the destroyer of dreams..
    We're doomed, Cap'n Mainwaring, doomed I tell ye!

  9. #729
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    3,127
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    Welcome, Charles, to Ferrari! You are a great talent, another Gilles maybe..

    If you win anything at Ferrari, I will be as delighted as I will be amazed.

    I have followed Ferrari since the early 1980s. With one or two notable exceptions, it remains the graveyard of talent and the destroyer of dreams..
    If you call Ferrari as "the graveyard of talent and the destroyer of dreams" then what are all the other teams? With the exception of Merc and RB no other team has won titles for the past 10 years and mclaren and williams haven't even won a single race since 2012! Ferrari is the only team that has consistently been competitive, winning races and finishing at least in Top 3 in the Constructors Championship almost every year. So stop exaggerating.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI


  10. #730
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,802
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    Welcome, Charles, to Ferrari! You are a great talent, another Gilles maybe..

    If you win anything at Ferrari, I will be as delighted as I will be amazed.

    I have followed Ferrari since the early 1980s. With one or two notable exceptions, it remains the graveyard of talent and the destroyer of dreams..
    Destroyer of talent I guess happened last race. The car not Charles couldn't make it. And yes, team orders is a destroyer of dreams for any driver who had the shot but had to move over. But... a beautiful WCC by Charles will restore fan confidence in the Ferrari name.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •