Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425

Thread: 2019 Bahrain GP: Practices & Qualifying

Ferrari engines nothing compares.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    One thing i don't really get, is if a point is awarded for FL then why not one also for pole?
    FL point is to encourage drivers to continue pushing until the last lap.
    Like what Bottas did in the last race. Without it, it would have been a slow cruise home for Bottas.

Qualifying result by itself is already a reward. It doesn't need further encouragement

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    FL point is to encourage drivers to continue pushing until the last lap.
    Like what Bottas did in the last race. Without it, it would have been a slow cruise home for Bottas.

Qualifying result by itself is already a reward. It doesn't need further encouragement
    not really, as it doesn't guarantee a win, or even a points finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    not really, as it doesn't guarantee a win, or even a points finish.
    It's 2 fold really and depends what era or formula your referring to. The reward or rewards is: 1.) the pole lap goes towards the drivers stats 2) depending on the era, but this hybrid formula and aero formula gave the polesitter over 70% on avg. the win of the race. Same could be said for the era's of 1999 to 2005 and 2009 & 2010 to 2013.

Tracks like Monaco and Singapore give the polesitter a HIGH probability of winning the race PLUS it has, giving a point for the FL, some historic significance but is the least reason.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    Indeed interesting.
    It seems VET faster is most of the corners, LEC faster on straights..
    Someone wrote 2 weeks ago that Seb had more downforce than Charles, I don`t know, but it could be true, it looks like so in that comparison video.

smart way the grid ended up if true, leclerc will speed away into the distance on low df setup and no bad air infront
    seb will have to manage on higher df in and might help tyres last slightly longer than if he followed behind on low DF

kind of explains why ferrari were trash on tyre wear last year since they admitted they went with as little df as possible in order to get straightline speed.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    smart way the grid ended up if true, leclerc will speed away into the distance on low df setup and no bad air infront
    seb will have to manage on higher df in and might help tyres last slightly longer than if he followed behind on low DF

kind of explains why ferrari were trash on tyre wear last year since they admitted they went with as little df as possible in order to get straightline speed.
    That was because last year's aero was nothing compared to Merc and Red Bull so the only option was to make up time on the straights, this year, progress has been made so a middle ground can be arrived at.

Welcome, Charles, to Ferrari! You are a great talent, another Gilles maybe..

If you win anything at Ferrari, I will be as delighted as I will be amazed.

I have followed Ferrari since the early 1980s. With one or two notable exceptions, it remains the graveyard of talent and the destroyer of dreams..
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post

I have followed Ferrari since the early 1980s. With one or two notable exceptions, it remains the graveyard of talent and the destroyer of dreams..
    If you call Ferrari as "the graveyard of talent and the destroyer of dreams" then what are all the other teams? With the exception of Merc and RB no other team has won titles for the past 10 years and mclaren and williams haven't even won a single race since 2012! Ferrari is the only team that has consistently been competitive, winning races and finishing at least in Top 3 in the Constructors Championship almost every year. So stop exaggerating.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post

Destroyer of talent I guess happened last race. The car not Charles couldn't make it. And yes, team orders is a destroyer of dreams for any driver who had the shot but had to move over. But... a beautiful WCC by Charles will restore fan confidence in the Ferrari name.

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Horse View Post
    If you call Ferrari as "the graveyard of talent and the destroyer of dreams" then what are all the other teams? With the exception of Merc and RB no other team has won titles for the past 10 years and mclaren and williams haven't even won a single race since 2012! Ferrari is the only team that has consistently been competitive, winning races and finishing at least in Top 3 in the Constructors Championship almost every year. So stop exaggerating.
    Well said. How is the most successful manufacturer in the history of the sport the "graveyard of talent". The reality is as you point out, Ferrari are the only manufacturer that have remained competitive with the exception of last year. We don't run off for a few years and come back later, we don't get to hide for 20 plus years like Williams and have everyone feeling sorry for us. It's only a failure for us if we don't win, if any other team fails to come first it's just accepted. The pressure here is like no other (which only shows the calibre of somebody like Schumacher). Alonso and Vettel both multiple world champions couldn't handle it and were given a car to successfully win something.