Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Bahrain GP: Practices & Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    He didn’t flat spotted his tyres.
    good, but i was hoping that was the reason they said his race sim wasnt that impressive, aw well they chose to cut to ad just when he was going to give sebs race sim times sadly
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    that's what i thought i herard also....then again he did put some flat spots on those tires that he spun with, and if he's still using them, they will prolly affect lap times, me thinks
    yeah!! exactly!

but nani said it doesnt seem to be flat spotted so kinda takes away the chance that seb could be little quicker
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    How about Lec ??
    they not giving any data on his laps yet

sebs spin earlier

Horner says they missed the window for quali on the softs , so more pace there for redbull, he says max was quickest on mediums ( i think)

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Horner says they missed the window for quali on the softs , so more pace there for redbull, he says max was quickest on mediums ( i think)
    There is more pace for Ferrari as well (given we screwed s3 and no one really shows true pace in FP2 perf runs). God you hear everything that makes it sound bad, who cares what they say.

avg on softs

ham : 7laps 35.5
    bot 35.7 16laps
    max 35.8 10laps ,
    gasly 36.1 7laps
    leclerc 11 laps 35:7

no avg for seb

avg on softs

ham : 7laps 35.5
    bot 35.7 16laps
    max 35.8 10laps ,
    gasly 36.1 7laps
    leclerc 11 laps 35:7

no avg for seb
    Not bad. It's something that we can work on and mostly HOPE FOR!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Not bad
    atleast its much better than melbourne, im hoping we get some avgs for medium tyres , bottas impressive for such long stint on these tyres, i wonder how long the first stint will be tomorrow

1:33s for cars on the mediums much much better times according to anthony on long run sim

Bottas was able to run 34.9 a few laps, Seb was 35.3 to 35.7 in the 5-6 laps I followed. Ham was slower, Lec ran on soft tyres but ran around 35.5 to 36.0. When he switched to medium he did a 33.7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haas chose to do race sim, soft to hards, hard seemed the better race tyre in Aus, especially for ferrari, hopefully we can sneak in some looks at their data

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    Bottas was able to run 34.9 a few laps, Seb was 35.3 to 35.7 in the 5-6 laps I followed. Ham was slower, Lec ran on soft tyres but ran around 35.5 to 36.0. When he switched to medium he did a 33.7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    lol that bottas beard unlocked some monster in him

toto says session was not bad for them, they are quite happy,and also that ferrari looked similar to barca than melbourne

he says climate change made a big diff (temperature effects setup a lot)

Toto said he's happy with the 2021 meeting regulations

atleast its much better than melbourne, im hoping we get some avgs for medium tyres , bottas impressive for such long stint on these tyres, i wonder how long the first stint will be tomorrow
    Bottan did about 20 on the soft ones, and its look like the tire significantly drop in performance at 14.

The only thing is that we finally look to be on the fight for the win
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Looks like being on pole isn’t any advantage. 3 DRS zones, it’s hell of overtake fest for sure.

The only thing is that we finally look to be on the fight for the win
    yeah! hopefully we can close the gap even more by q3 time, preventing a merc 1 - 2 somehow someway would be impressive for seb and lerc if they can find a way to get between or very close

Quote Originally Posted by Need4speed View Post
    Bottan did about 20 on the soft ones, and its look like the tire significantly drop in performance at 14.

20 is a heck of a lot of laps after going on hot laps earlier on them, they seem quite good on tyre wear , Aus bottas was doing very quick times on the softs for awhile after seb and ham pit.

any idea how much his times dropped by? because if he was doing 1:34's maybe his last few laps dropped that avg

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Looks like being on pole isn’t any advantage. 3 DRS zones, it’s hell of overtake fest for sure.
    true, martin and horner said likewise

It looks pretty good. Much better than two weeks ago on friday. My biggest concern, when I saw the SF90 for the first time, was how they would manage with the cooling. Because of how skinny and neat the back of the car looks like along with the roll top intake. I hope the performance in Australia was down to a faulty setup or simply just down to the characteristics of the entire package. I guess we will find out on sunday at the latest.

As for the tyres. Last year Pirelli brought the mediums, softs and supersofts to Bahrain. Relative to this year that would equal roughly the C2, C3 and a C3.5 for the SS (no SS this year in the range). This year they've brought the C1, C2 and C3 but Isola says hard and medium tyres are somewhat softer than last year. So maybe they can be called C1.5, C2.5 and C3.25 compared to last year. They would interlap a bit more with that kind of labeling. Either way the total range at Bahrain this year is a little bit harder than last year, especially the softest compound. Last year the fastest times on friday were 1:31.060 and 1:29.817. Today we've seen 1:30.354 and 1:28.846. So they actually seem faster than last year. Last year Seb got pole with 1:27.958. They should beat that which means these cars must generate a helluva amount of downforce even though they have been "dumbed down". That's pretty impressive and may mean I was wrong. I wonder if it will be like that at every track in normal conditions? One more year with lap records.

Does anyone know what tyres are left after these two sessions ?

you guys think Ferrari may try to use medium tires in Q2??? a more durable tire for the first stint and then when the car is lighter towards the end, slap some softs until the end of race??
    I think it will be soft=12-14 , Medium=30 and soft= 30 , soft =11-10.
    Remeber how Seb almost missied the win using one stop strategy. Thanks for Bottas who chicken out at the end.

I think it will be soft=12-14 , Medium=30 and soft= 30 , soft =11-10.
    Remeber how Seb almost missied the win using one stop strategy. Thanks for Bottas who chicken out at the end.
    So you think it’s gonna be a 2 stop race this weekend? I thought this years tires are a step harder, so majority if not ALL races will be a one stopper
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

So you think it’s gonna be a 2 stop race this weekend? I thought this years tires are a step harder, so majority if not ALL races will be a one stopper
    I think they'll nurse tyres to one stop.

Looking at aus they predicted soft tyre window would be ablout 15-18 laps or something and bot and max went much longer if i remember correctly

It will be 1stopper ...!!

yeah! hopefully we can close the gap even more by q3 time, preventing a merc 1 - 2 somehow someway would be impressive for seb and lerc if they can find a way to get between or very close

20 is a heck of a lot of laps after going on hot laps earlier on them, they seem quite good on tyre wear , Aus bottas was doing very quick times on the softs for awhile after seb and ham pit.

any idea how much his times dropped by? because if he was doing 1:34's maybe his last few laps dropped that avg
    Yes Bottas was couble of times at 1:34+ in his 20 laps on the soft tyers, however the final2-3 laps were on 1:38 and 1:39

Yes Bottas was couble of times at 1:34+ in his 20 laps on the soft tyers, however the final2-3 laps were on 1:38 and 1:39
    Thanks for info
    Dang! So bottas avg more like 1:34~ conpared to the rest plus he did the most laps. . Aww shucks

Maybe our sim drivers can find more pace for us for tomorrow hopefully (hoping it stays dry)

I think Seb to go for one and Lec to got for two pit stop strategy.
    As Seb have more esperiance in nursing the tyers and defending his position, and Lec want to fly with the car.
    Remeber last year the original stratgy was two pit stops, but after Kimi famous pit stop run over a pit crew leg. It was changed to one for Seb.

Thanks for info
    Dang! So bottas avg more like 1:34~ conpared to the rest plus he did the most laps. . Aww shucks

Maybe our sim drivers can find more pace for us for tomorrow hopefully (hoping it stays dry)
    Not to worry about the rain in Bahrain. Even if it rains its usually small drizzling for very few minutes. The track design and the tar heat will not the rain to any kind of effect on the results