Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Bahrain GP: Race

Quote Originally Posted by Super M View Post
    One piece missing
    Charles becomes lead driver.

A good April fool and fake news
    maybe Seb is not amused!!!!!
    He will be motivated to bring home a win in China.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    It was a cruel day but the safety car was a welcome sight under the circumstances at the end.

Just think this time last year Seb was on maximum points at this stage in the season but we didn't win anything.
    We can only improve from here.
    So a bad start and a great finish.......I would buy that.
    Good point racingbradley, and I'd be happy with that. Great drive from Charles, sadly robbed of a win, and Seb will be having a heap of criticism levelled at him from all directions, he definitely needs to use his head in the manner expected of a 4-times champion, Charles seems to have enough maturity for both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Good point racingbradley, and I'd be happy with that. Great drive from Charles, sadly robbed of a win, and Seb will be having a heap of criticism levelled at him from all directions, he definitely needs to use his head in the manner expected of a 4-times champion, Charles seems to have enough maturity for both of them.
    Wait until the real pressure of Ferrari kicks (it kicked Seb in the second part of 2017 and 2018) in, it destroyed even a tought Alonso (made critical mistakes in SPA, Monaco 2010 and Japan 2012). Wait until he fight for the WDC with Lewis until the end, if he can stand that pressure and win then I will call him amazing and will praise him very hard. Seb is a 4 time world champion, we cant forget that, he could soon strike back with a bang when nobody will expect it.
    Last edited by Vettel165; 1st April 2019 at 14:14.

One thing is for sure, this year Ferrari have more aces up their sleeve. Charles is quick and consistent, Mattia is nothing short of impressive. If any of you follow F1 on Sky Italy you can see how calm and composed he is when someone asks him a trick question. He is so good at not going overboard with his replies that it's quite shocking. Straight face, friendly but to the point, takes no crap and doesn't let anyone put him in a compromising position such as when asked about car issues, tactics, team orders etc.
    The man has a tonne of experience and it is already showing. Even under pressure as we have seen he has been approachable and very professional. He has all the tools to fix the flaws we had in the past and btw has anyone noticed how involved Camilleri is? So far he was present at every single race. Under that odd smile you can tell that he is a ruthless business man and I can already see Carey having a hard time taking anything away from Ferrari's past deals.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX202 View Post
    One thing is for sure, this year Ferrari have more aces up their sleeve. Charles is quick and consistent, Mattia is nothing short of impressive. If any of you follow F1 on Sky Italy you can see how calm and composed he is when someone asks him a trick question. He is so good at not going overboard with his replies that it's quite shocking. Straight face, friendly but to the point, takes no crap and doesn't let anyone put him in a compromising position such as when asked about car issues, tactics, team orders etc.
    The man has a tonne of experience and it is already showing. Even under pressure as we have seen he has been approachable and very professional. He has all the tools to fix the flaws we had in the past and btw has anyone noticed how involved Camilleri is? So far he was present at every single race. Under that odd smile you can tell that he is a ruthless business man and I can already see Carey having a hard time taking anything away from Ferrari's past deals.
    Yea, so far it is really great showing from Ferrari. 1st race was a total disgrace not being able to setup the car and having problems with cooling or whatever... and the second race, car costing Charles his 1st win with reliability issues and Seb saying the car was hard to drive... yeah, so far it's really positive.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Yea, so far it is really great showing from Ferrari. 1st race was a total disgrace not being able to setup the car and having problems with cooling or whatever... and the second race, car costing Charles his 1st win with reliability issues and Seb saying the car was hard to drive... yeah, so far it's really positive.
    Depends on how negative you want to be.

1st race we had problems with setup

2nd race we dominated and had an engine hiccup - BIG difference in 2 weeks.

Things can only get better. Ferrari turned a messy result around and only missed due to things beyond their control. Be positive, we have the tools, we have the team.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX202 View Post
    Depends on how negative you want to be.

1st race we had problems with setup

2nd race we dominated and had an engine hiccup - BIG difference in 2 weeks.

Things can only get better. Ferrari turned a messy result around and only missed due to things beyond their control. Be positive, we have the tools, we have the team.
    Absolutely

Quote Originally Posted by dfunk257 View Post
    Cant handle this Sh..t from Ferrari anymore, they r constantly breaking my heart and im seriously considering taking a break from watching. Why on earth cant we ever get the job done??? Why does this crap always happen to us???!!!
    I'm starting to think that Ferrari's inability to win may very well be a coultural issue. They have passion, but may lack dicipline. Merc seems to work with almost clockwork type precision, cold, and calculated.

[Italian Motorsport]

Ferrari 990hp

MB. 990

Honda. 952

Renault. 945
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    [Italian Motorsport]

Ferrari 990hp

MB. 990

Honda. 952

Renault. 945
    so what was Marko smoking when he said that he thinks the honda is lacking 10Hp to Merc
    Last edited by Rob; 1st April 2019 at 19:03. Reason: please do not abbreviate swearing, its still swearing. thankyou.
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Soooo Sebs rear wing should read:

MISSION SPINNOW....

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Wait until the real pressure of Ferrari kicks (it kicked Seb in the second part of 2017 and 2018) in, it destroyed even a tought Alonso (made critical mistakes in SPA, Monaco 2010 and Japan 2012). Wait until he fight for the WDC with Lewis until the end, if he can stand that pressure and win then I will call him amazing and will praise him very hard. Seb is a 4 time world champion, we cant forget that, he could soon strike back with a bang when nobody will expect it.
    I've always supported Seb since he joined Ferrari and have been one of the few people to defend him after the various spins and coming-togethers last season, but he seems to lose sight of the end result sometimes by fighting too hard when it's not appropriate. That's partly how HAM has managed to avoid trouble, although HAM has been the luckiest driver of all time in the best car most of the time. I would love Seb to bounce back and I'm sure he will, but it had better be soon otherwise he will have lost not only another chance of a WDC but a solid base of fans too. It's also probably why Seb wanted to keep Kimi in the team, rather than young Charles, but that story will unfold over the coming races.

MISSION SPINNOW....
    ......good one, totally agree...he's feeling the pressure from everywhere now....i wouldn't want ot be in his shoes
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

From what I've seen so far, no way Honda is more powerful than Renault. I'd say Bahrain exposed both Honda and Red Bull, in terms HP Honda still at the bottom and the Red Bull chassis is extremely overrated.

Aaaaaand Leclercs rear wing should read:

MISSION IWINNOW or MISSION IWONNOW.....either one I guess???

[RaceFans] Pastic bag spoiled Bottas handling during Bahrain GP....

[RaceFans] Pastic bag spoiled Bottas handling during Bahrain GP....
    haha, ha,,,,ha,,,,ha,,,,,good one Bottas.....kind of like the little, tiny, tooney piece of floor missing from hamsters car in australia.....that "robbed" him from having good pace and challange Potato head for the WIN....

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    From what I've seen so far, no way Honda is more powerful than Renault. I'd say Bahrain exposed both Honda and Red Bull, in terms HP Honda still at the bottom and the Red Bull chassis is extremely overrated.
    They did telemetry analysis and that's how they came up with these figures.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    haha, ha,,,,ha,,,,ha,,,,,good one Bottas.....kind of like the little, tiny, tooney piece of floor missing from hamsters car in australia.....that "robbed" him from having good pace and challange Potato head for the WIN....
    And the funny thing is, you can literally see the darn thing wedged in between the slats of his front wing. The things these guys come with.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    I'm starting to think that Ferrari's inability to win may very well be a coultural issue. They have passion, but may lack dicipline. Merc seems to work with almost clockwork type precision, cold, and calculated.
    I have been working in both country, and difference is huge, when it comes to working culture.

But, anyways, I do believe that Seb has setup problems, and he will sort out those problems sooner or later, and then we are back on top.

Massive respect to Leclerc, he is slowly but surely growing up on me. He looks as a humble down to earth guy, with great passion for Ferrari.

NOT THE EXPECTED RESULT
    media-
    Sakhir, 31 March 2019 – Scuderia Ferrari Mission Winnow leaves Bahrain with a feeling of regret after the second round of the Formula 1 World Championship, thinking about what might have been. All weekend long, the SF90 clearly demonstrated it had the potential to win, having rediscovered the competitive pace it had lost in Australia. However, in the end, it had to settle for a third place courtesy of Charles Leclerc and a fifth with Sebastian Vettel.

Sebastian got the better of his team-mate at the start to lead at the first corner. Charles found himself in third behind Valtteri Bottas in the Mercedes, but on the second lap, the Monegasque driver got past the Finn and closed on his team-mate. Charles had a better pace and passed Sebastian on lap 5 to take the lead.

On lap 13, Charles came in for his first pit stop, switching from the Soft to the Medium tyres, as did Sebastian on the following lap, the German rejoining behind Hamilton in the Mercedes who had stopped one lap earlier. The German took eight laps to attack and overtake his rival at Turn 4.

On lap 35, Sebastian made his second stop, once again duelling with the Englishman. The German ended up spinning and flatspotted his tyres which resulted in the front wing coming off due to the strong vibrations. He then had to pit again for a new one. Charles also came in again, on lap 36, but kept the lead setting the fastest lap with 1’33″411.

After his unscheduled stop, Sebastian rejoined ninth and charged up the order, passing Kimi Raikkonen then Lando Norris, Daniel Ricciardo and Nico Hulkenberg, to claim fifth place.

With 15 laps remaining, Charles’ car suffered a power unit problem which meant his pace slowed dramatically, The two Mercedes thus managed to pass him, but with two laps to go, the Safety Car came out to deal with two cars stopping on track at the same time, which froze the positions, so that Leclerc was at least able to enjoy the satisfaction of his first ever F1 podium finish. He thus equals Louis Chiron, the only other driver from Monaco to have made it to a Formula 1 podium, which he did in his home race in 1950, the race in which Scuderia Ferrari first took part in the World Championship.

Formula 1 is back in action in two weeks time with the Chinese Grand Prix, which will also be the one thousandth Grand Prix in the sport’s history.

Charles Leclerc #16

“It’s part of motorsport, we know that. Sometimes it’s not your day to win and today wasn’t ours. In the final part of the race we had an issue with the power unit and I had to slow down. It’s a shame because the race seemed to me to be under control. The team is disappointed and I am disappointed but there are a lot of positives to take home from this weekend. They gave me an amazing car and that is very much to their credit. The car was very easy to drive and was very good. These things happen in motorsport: we took the best out of it anyway. It’s my first podium even if I’m not enjoying it as much as I wanted. It’s life, it happens, we’ll come back stronger”.

Sebastian Vettel #5

“Not the race we wanted. We started first and second and we didn’t finish there. A disappointing evening. I had a good start but already halfway through the first lap I realised that the car was extremely difficult to drive. I think Charles struggled less as he had no difficulties in passing me. It was quite tough out there. Then we lost P2 at the pitstop but came back. In the second stint on the medium tyres maybe it was a bit better but overall we didn’t have the pace we should have had today. While battling with Lewis I made a mistake at turn 4, which is one of the trickiest corners on the track. I suddenly lost the car and I spun. In doing so, I damaged the tyres so much that I had quite a lot of vibrations, which eventually led to the failure of the front wing. It was Charles’ race today, he got very unlucky. I am sorry for him and for the team”.

Mattia Binotto Team Principal.

“It was a shame for Charles. He was in the lead for much of the race and showed that he was particularly comfortable here in Bahrain, also setting the race fastest lap. He deserved to win and it was only the reliability problem, which we must now investigate, which prevented him from doing so. That is something unacceptable from us and it shows how important it is to get every last detail right in order to win. With regards to Sebastian, these things can happen in racing when you are on the limit, therefore it is more important to consider the car, which today performed well. The team also did an excellent job, producing some really good pit stops. We head home with many positives on which to build for the rest of the season, such as our performance level and the way the team reacted. Clearly there are still various things that we have to learn and we will continue to work on them.”
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Beautiful pics. The SF-90 is a stunning red beast under lights

Toto sees a Ferrari power unit more powerful than Brixworth's and hopes that the Scuderia is forced to limit horses in China to look for reliability. Binotto replied: "Our technical problem has been limited, we will not give up performance".
    Toto Wolff is a master of psychological warfare, but this time behind his statements after the Bahrain Grand Prix there seem to be no ulterior motives:
    "If Ferrari is able to maintain the level of power seen in these days, in Shanghai I am clearly the favorites. The Chinese track enhances the power of the power unit even more, so they will be the team to beat, and with a greater margin than the one seen at the weekend in Bahrain. "

The Mercedes celebrated the second double win of the season yesterday, continuing the journey with full points, but the post-race climate in the world champion box was not the same as in Melbourne.

The doubts of Wolff, who are the same as Bottas and Hamilton, are related to the way that Ferrari will choose to try to solve the reliability problems highlighted at al Sakhir. Their hope is that in Maranello they choose to lower the power of the power unit to reduce the risk of unforeseen events, but Mattia Binotto has ruled out that this will be the way.
    "It will take a few days for the appropriate checks to take place - he clarified - but we know that it is a limited problem and that it will be easily solved. We will not change the way the power unit is used ”.

Ferrari did not get what they had hoped for, but good news came from Bahrain ...
    "The certainty of the weekend is that we were fast, although obviously this does not mean that this performance will be enough for the rest of the season. We know we have a good package, and we are working hard to develop the car with the planned packages. We are certainly disappointed with the outcome of this race, but the mood is good. We know we have a long season ahead and there are many positive aspects that come out of this weekend, so it's disappointing but we're not alarmed ”.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Training schedule for Tuesday and Wednesday. There was a sandstorm today but no sandstorms for training. Mick makes his "debut" in an F1 car.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D3Ffa_rW0AEiT3L.jpg

also

[Racer.com] Ferrari will use Charles Leclerc's Bahrain engine at the start of the Chinese GP weekend in an effort to understand the problem that cost him victory on Sunday.

MISSION SPINNOW....

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    a Ham DNF would be nice
    Be careful what ills you wish upon others people

MISSION SPINNOW....
    If he keeps it up, it might become "MISSION FINNNOW..."

Disappointed Since 2010