Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2131415161718192021222324252627

Thread: 2019 Bahrain GP: Race

AMuS

Ferrari gained 4 tenths on the 4 long Bahrain straights against Mercedes. The power advantage is around 40hp according to GPS data. Rival teams and even Ferraris own customer teams are puzzled.

Newey on the Ferrari power unit:
    "With us, the speed on the straight flattens off at a certain point, because the MGU-K no longer delivers power. Ferrari is always on. The MGU-K just does not turn off...."
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    AMuS

Ferrari gained 4 tenths on the 4 long Bahrain straights against Mercedes. The power advantage is around 40hp according to GPS data. Rival teams and even Ferraris own customer teams are puzzled.

Newey on the Ferrari power unit:
    "With us, the speed on the straight flattens off at a certain point, because the MGU-K no longer delivers power. Ferrari is always on. The MGU-K just does not turn off...."
    Its always easier to make a fast car reliable, than a reliable car, faster!

Its looking good. No more words needed. We need a Seb at his 100%, and Leclerc also.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post

Its looking good. No more words needed. We need a Seb at his 100%, and Leclerc also.
    i've said that all along.....and it's been proven in the F1 world, time and time again.....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Tell that to Mclaren back in 2005. Honestly I am not impressed. At all. Leclerc bad starts(do that in Hungary or Monaco and bye bye any chance of winning), Vettel doing his usual mistakes and the car is sometimes fast but highly unreliable. It broke down a lot in testing and it keeps breaking down in races. Sorry but Ferrari is in a worse shape now compared to 2017-2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    Tell that to Mclaren back in 2005. Honestly I am not impressed. At all. Leclerc bad starts(do that in Hungary or Monaco and bye bye any chance of winning), Vettel doing his usual mistakes and the car is sometimes fast but highly unreliable. It broke down a lot in testing and it keeps breaking down in races. Sorry but Ferrari is in a worse shape now compared to 2017-2018.
    In terms of points, yes, if the performance truly is at the level we saw last race though, I'd say Ferrari are better than they were last year...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    In terms of points, yes, if the performance truly is at the level we saw last race though, I'd say Ferrari are better than they were last year...
    No doubt Ferrari is much faster then last year, but in order to win championships, first we MuST finish races without reliability issues....so Ferrari has to work hard on that department as well as keeping up with the development race throughout the year
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

You do like a good moan, although remember you made this comment in the Aus GP thread.

One race where we massively underperformed. You can't realistically expect to have a truck today and transform it into a rocket 2 weeks later. Probably we will improve, but so will our competition. Redbull have superior aero and Mercedes have superior PU, so we currently lack in all areas.
    LOL
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    You do like a good moan, although remember you made this comment in the Aus GP thread.

LOL
    Ha, ha.....good one Greig, yet he thought we were done for the season.....and RBR having superior aero? Yeah right....they’re almost looking at getting a B spec car already as Newey don’t like the results of this one....

We have a very efficient and fast car, merc, Toto and Co. are super scar3d of our speed....once we iron out our little gremlins, watch out for the monster SF90

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post

LOL
    And I stand by that. That's what Aus GP showed: Ferrari inferior to both Mercedes and Redbull. A balanced, best all around car will win championships, not fastest on some circuits but a lot slower on others.

And I stand by that. That's what Aus GP showed: Ferrari inferior to both Mercedes and Redbull. A balanced, best all around car will win championships, not fastest on some circuits but a lot slower on others.
    relax dude, it's ONLY been two races...........and as far as i'm concerned, Ferrari is/was the fastest car in Bah rain.....both in quali over a single lap as well in the race..........Ferrari have made a bad choice/decision in the set up in OZ, hence the performance wasn't there

dude, dont know what you've been watching. This is the best Ferrari car in the last 10 years.
    It is much faster than the merc in a straight line, seems stable under braking and well poised during sudden direction changes. Its the best chance we have of both championships in a long time.
    Reliability will be dialled in as we progress through. Dont think its too much of a bother anyways.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    dude, dont know what you've been watching. This is the best Ferrari car in the last 10 years.
    It is much faster than the merc in a straight line, seems stable under braking and well poised during sudden direction changes. Its the best chance we have of both championships in a long time.
    Reliability will be dialled in as we progress through. Dont think its too much of a bother anyways.
    True that. I haven't seen a Ferrari like this in a while. It's a true speed monster. It's gonna win a lot.

True that. I haven't seen a Ferrari like this in a while. It will win a lot for sure.
    I will take this Ferrari any day rather than the one in 2014

You described the Ferrari car to a tee !!! The best car in the last 10 yrs. for sure. Why does Seb blame the car, set up and so on for his not winning? His mistakes during the race are on him, not the car set up. Charles is on lucky guy!! He's with the best team and in the best car, and he's showing he deserves where he is!

Yes it is fast no doubt about that, but so far it has been so unreliable. We already have even more issues in China. The car first needs to be reliable to bring those championships. Honestly I would have preferred to be a bit slower(0,3-0,4s per lap) but bulletproof. It's just painful to watch your favourite team having a lightning fast car that can break at any given time in the race.

Yes it is fast no doubt about that, but so far it has been so unreliable. We already have even more issues in China. The car first needs to be reliable to bring those championships. Honestly I would have preferred to be a bit slower(0,3-0,4s per lap) but bulletproof. It's just painful to watch your favourite team having a lightning fast car that can break at any given time in the race.
    And with a car 0.4s slower we wouldn’t win anything as we would have to wait for Mercedes to have a DNF or make a mistake. I’d rather be able to win outright, reliability will come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    And with a car 0.4s slower we wouldn’t win anything as we would have to wait for Mercedes to have a DNF or make a mistake. I’d rather be able to win outright, reliability will come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ditto.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules