Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Bahrain GP: Race

Such a bad start of the season, this is how you lose a championship, by not taking advantage when you have the fastest car. Let's hope Mercedes don't find soon the speed they are missing or Ferrari will be missing all this points thrown away, including the fastest lap in Australia.

Leclerc was fantastic and Vettel... I'm more concerned about his lack of speed compared to Leclerc than the spin. Alonso was right about Vettel but people couldn't accept the reality, now is time to wake up and accept it, he is a midfield driver with some top driver qualities, but he is not an outright top driver.

Vettel is not death yet, I'm sure he will fight back.

I was looking at our quli lap comparison with mr. hammer time. The mercedes has great corner entry speed, we gave good corner exit speed. So, they are faster a little bit right at the apex, but slows down a bit a meter after. So, it means that they have a rear steer system with the brakes. They have to be on the brakes just a bit after the apex to get the car turned, but it gives them great corner entry speed. Thats why it looks like the car was sliding into the slow turn, but it was nice rotation. Ferrari needs to impliment it.

I know the result was not what we wanted or deserved, but i am so happy. Finally we have a driver who is really good!! Someone who will lead for the next 5 years at least. Charles Leclerc is brilliant.
    He should have won today. So unfortunate. Was totally gutted for him. Just hope he doesnt lose heart and comes back stronger.
    I said this after the first race, will say it again, Ferrari should have allowed him to pass Vettel in OZ. The kid is just amazing. I think this year will be fantastic!!
    Not getting too ahead of myself here, but i feel we can seriously contend for the title this year. Both titles, if Ferrari play their cards right and not get obsessed by seb.
    Speaking of whom, seeming more and more likely that he ran away from a challenge from Dani at RBR. Whats he going to do now?
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Leclerc have done a great race today.

A major reliability issue this early of the season however is not a good sign. I hope we can fix it, work around it, whatever to limit the impact to our championship
    I am wondering if it was the same problem in OZ which made us run slow, which we thought we fixed for this race. Not good if its chronic.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by hakanabi View Post
    He is probably one of the luckiest F1 driver. He is without a doubt very talented and fast but also way too lucky.
    To be fair, hes been through enough **** in his career before the Merc came good. So yes, the fortune does favour the brave.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Going to be difficult to hang on to the podium spots
    The problem wont get any better
    I hope its not that serious and a fix can be arrived at. Worst case, dont run the engine at full power. We will still be locking horns with the mercs. We dont need to be 1 sec ahead of them each lap.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Leclerc will win many
    Oh yes!! this guy is showing the promise to be one of the best ever. Am so excited for the team finally.
    AND this means the contenders for the title is increasing, which can only be good.
    Silently, like a shadow

Despite the breakdown, I think the Bahrain race was positive. He showed how good the driver is Charles and that Ferrari is really fast. Reliability will come with time.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    To be fair, hes been through enough **** in his career before the Merc came good. So yes, the fortune does favour the brave.
    Made debut in a title capable car and since driving top cars. Luckiest driver in Milky Way galaxy.

meanwhile Max is slipping under the radar, currently 3rd in the standings despite Merc and Ferrari being faster. If Red Bull and Honda improve enough he will be close.

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    Rarer than hens teeth.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Noquarter View Post
    Despite the breakdown, I think the Bahrain race was positive. He showed how good the driver is Charles and that Ferrari is really fast. Reliability will come with time.
    yup. agree. this will be a good year.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Made debut in a title capable car and since driving top cars. Luckiest driver in Milky Way galaxy.
    how about between 2007 and 2014? 7 years just escaped you is it?
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    meanwhile Max is slipping under the radar, currently 3rd in the standings despite Merc and Ferrari being faster. If Red Bull and Honda improve enough he will be close.
    The RBR chassis is hiding the Honda deficit. I dont think they will improve much. Not this season in any case. We dont have to worry about max too much, except if he starting just behind or ahead of one of our cars.
    Silently, like a shadow

Charles said after the race “we are a bit lucky in an unlucky situation because hopefully we have a safety car.i would have finished even more rearward.also,I don’t think with the fuel I would have been okay”
    So does that mean if we carried on at full pace for the rest of the race we would have run out of fuel???,if so that’s another worry for us to think about.
    One thing supporting ferrari,it’s definitely a rollercoaster of emotions,as I’m a barber and have to put up with a good amount of Lewis fans I may cut some ears off this week to cheer myself up.
    FORZA FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by trim reaper View Post
    Charles said after the race “we are a bit lucky in an unlucky situation because hopefully we have a safety car.i would have finished even more rearward.also,I don’t think with the fuel I would have been okay”
    So does that mean if we carried on at full pace for the rest of the race we would have run out of fuel???,if so that’s another worry for us to think about.
    One thing supporting ferrari,it’s definitely a rollercoaster of emotions,as I’m a barber and have to put up with a good amount of Lewis fans I may cut some ears off this week to cheer myself up.
    FORZA FERRARI
    The internal combustion engine could use more fuel because it had to compensate for the damaged electric motor.

So it's a Ferrari mercedes circus no other team will come close hens accelerating rule changes it's the only way f1 will continue to survive a 2 horse race has just about run it's last.

Cant handle this Sh..t from Ferrari anymore, they r constantly breaking my heart and im seriously considering taking a break from watching. Why on earth cant we ever get the job done??? Why does this crap always happen to us???!!!
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

Ok cheers for that Noquarter,I really hope that’s the reason

Quote Originally Posted by dfunk257 View Post
    Cant handle this Sh..t from Ferrari anymore, they r constantly breaking my heart and im seriously considering taking a break from watching. Why on earth cant we ever get the job done??? Why does this crap always happen to us???!!!
    It was a cruel day but the safety car was a welcome sight under the circumstances at the end.

Just think this time last year Seb was on maximum points at this stage in the season but we didn't win anything.
    We can only improve from here.
    So a bad start and a great finish.......I would buy that.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    It was a cruel day but the safety car was a welcome sight under the circumstances at the end.

Just think this time last year Seb was on maximum points at this stage in the season but we didn't win anything.
    Totally agree..!!

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post

The FIA "gifted" or gauranteed Leclercs 3rd place podium finish??? How nice of them.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    The FIA "gifted" or gauranteed Leclercs 3rd place podium finish??? How nice of them.
    Daniel did actually :)

Quote Originally Posted by WRX202 View Post
    Daniel did actually :)
    Here's how I look at the last few laps with both Renaults WAY out of the way.

Garry Connely was one of the race stewards. He has a "thing" for Max. Max was closing in on Leclerc thereby getting a 3rd place podium. The stewards could of called a VSC???

But then again, I'm just being facetious.

Ι fantastic race with horrible horrible result!!!!!!!
    I keep just 2 things that gives me hope for the future.
    The dominant performance of Charles and the SF-90!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

LOL April fools :p
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    LOL April fools :p

DEF!

Just thought it was classic!
    Drive it like you stole it!

Ferrari & their drivers will come back strong no worries.