Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chinese 2019: Pre-Race news

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I know you like Gio because he's Italian. I like him too because I'm Italian, but Leclerc has him outclassed. When he tested a few years back he binned the cars and now that he's on the track, Raikkonen has begun his domination of him. He's a brilliant sim driver, but I expected more after his first couple of races with Alfa. Leclerc is the future of Ferrari. Hopefully, Gio is able to get that number two seat and win some races here and there. It would be great to see him win Monza in a Ferrari.
    Ok, Kimi has a few years experience on the boy; and now he's #1 driver after being under Seb, who won nothing. Like you said , only a couple of races with Alfa. Leclerc , Gio future sounds great and that's what I would like to see. Forget Gio, fans here already have Mick in that #2seat! Not cool at all . I can only imagine Charles' radio blowing up in the car; being told to move over for Mick!!

Here we go again now red bull and boff head newey and co questioning the Ferrari engine those doush bags just can not exempt that Ferrari have an engine in the hybrid era that is the new bench mark some 40hp more than Merc and red fools. Adrian newey has designed a lemon and this rubbish talk is just to detract from his own failure.

It's not how start but how you finish.

Shanghai could be a lot cooler than bahrain or melbourne. It could help us more than merc or RB.

Vettel's car setup was so awful in Melbourne and Bahrain that even Lando Norris is saying that his McLaren wasn't much slower than Vettel's Ferrari.

And even compared to Vettel, he passed me and then he didn’t pull away that much.

Who could not love this guy?

Ricciardo, Kimi and Seb the best comical drivers in f1, they always make my day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=kXyOw0m8bk0

Would love rici in Ferrari.

Any weather forecasts this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Here we go again now red bull and boff head newey and co questioning the Ferrari engine those doush bags just can not exempt that Ferrari have an engine in the hybrid era that is the new bench mark some 40hp more than Merc and red fools. Adrian newey has designed a lemon and this rubbish talk is just to detract from his own failure.
    And we haven’t won any race yet. That is how red fools are scared to be sitting ducks.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Ok, Kimi has a few years experience on the boy; and now he's #1 driver after being under Seb, who won nothing. Like you said , only a couple of races with Alfa. Leclerc , Gio future sounds great and that's what I would like to see. Forget Gio, fans here already have Mick in that #2seat! Not cool at all . I can only imagine Charles' radio blowing up in the car; being told to move over for Mick!!
    My concern is that Gio is already 25 and we have yet to see any real brilliance. I have nothing against Mick, but I have a feeling the greatest thing about him is his last name, and I will dislike it if any nepotism happens because of money made on feelings and nostalgia. Count me out of that hype train. I don't see him as another Leclerc, Verstappen, or Norris.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Vettel's car setup was so awful in Melbourne and Bahrain that even Lando Norris is saying that his McLaren wasn't much slower than Vettel's Ferrari.
    And not only that (bad set up) ,but he was referring to the last stint where Vet eas on used sifts and was almost 30 sec behind Ves ,so nothing else to fight for.So he settle there running delta times just to finish the race.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

My concern is that Gio is already 25 and we have yet to see any real brilliance. I have nothing against Mick, but I have a feeling the greatest thing about him is his last name, and I will dislike it if any nepotism happens because of money made on feelings and nostalgia. Count me out of that hype train. I don't see him as another Leclerc, Verstappen, or Norris.
    Totally agree on all counts Giallo.
    If we are going to see an Italian driving one of our cars it needs to be soon and Gio needs to impress now.
    As for Mick he may be more of the calibre of his uncle Ralf.......a very fast driver but not an outstanding driver.
    My money is still on Charles and I don't think Brembo he will be moving over for anyone soon.
    And living on the Italian border makes him an honoury Italian......................he even speaks the language fluently.
    Last edited by racingbradley; 8th April 2019 at 13:18.

Forza Jules

The Wolf is on the prowl for his next super star... According to Marko Helmet he is constantly phoning Verstappen and his father to get MV in the Merc as soon as next year. A move Ferrari should be looking into, as crazy as a Lec-Ver line up would be, it would be great for Ferrari. As for the Wolf's "buttering up" kind words for Leclerc, Ferrari need to produce a good car this year or don't be surprised to see the Wolf snatching our golden boy right under our noses.

Quote Originally Posted by RicRac View Post
    The Wolf is on the prowl for his next super star... According to Marko Helmet he is constantly phoning Verstappen and his father to get MV in the Merc as soon as next year. A move Ferrari should be looking into, as crazy as a Lec-Ver line up would be, it would be great for Ferrari. As for the Wolf's "buttering up" kind words for Leclerc, Ferrari need to produce a good car this year or don't be surprised to see the Wolf snatching our golden boy right under our noses.
    It would be nice but Leclerc and Verstappen have already clashed in the past (Karting days) but anyways, Max clashes with anyone that races him. I'd much rather if Ferrari get Daniel Riccardo (for cheap since he is definitely not at ease in that crappy Renault) to replace Vettel.

Riccardo deserves a much better car.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX202 View Post
    It would be nice but Leclerc and Verstappen have already clashed in the past (Karting days) but anyways, Max clashes with anyone that races him. I'd much rather if Ferrari get Daniel Riccardo (for cheap since he is definitely not at ease in that crappy Renault) to replace Vettel.

Riccardo deserves a much better car.
    totally agree.....Vettel is so overrated....it's always been. he was only shining due to rocketships thta Newey built him in the EBD era....put him in wheel to wheel fights and he's NO WHERE.....sorry Seb fanboys, but its TRUE....everytime he goes to try a pass in wheel to wheel racing he comes out short....spins and/or crashes

so i have to agree with you, bring Richhiardo on board to drive for Ferrari ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Vettel is a top driver but he is making too many mistakes. I was watching the Vettel vs Hamilton battle and what i can tell is that he had to much downforce on the straight. Even with DRS he was slow and before the pass, he overshot the apex at turn 1 giving Hamilton the the chance to embarass him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V327hF_IFIM

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    totally agree.....Vettel is so overrated....it's always been. he was only shining due to rocketships thta Newey built him in the EBD era....put him in wheel to wheel fights and he's NO WHERE.....sorry Seb fanboys, but its TRUE....everytime he goes to try a pass in wheel to wheel racing he comes out short....spins and/or crashes

so i have to agree with you, bring Richhiardo on board to drive for Ferrari ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.....
    Yeah ban him for life. You probably still hate him for his rbr days, cant believe what i am seeing here really on a ferrari forum. Seb at its peak has done many amazing overtaking manouvers in 2011,2012,13,14,15,16,17,18. You just have to look it up on yt. A world class driver he is, but last 2 years just isnt werent to be his. It happens, drivers have their off years. Even the best. He was the only driver who could put a fight to lewis and mercedes in 15,17,18. Try beat that, really hope he will strike back with some good results.

https://youtu.be/3MjKBtJe4Fg

https://youtu.be/b1oh-x3gZPY

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Yeah ban him for life. You probably still hate him for his rbr days, cant believe what i am seeing here really on a ferrari forum. Seb at its peak has done many amazing overtaking manouvers in 2011,2012,13,14,15,16,17,18. You just have to look it up on yt. A world class driver he is, but last 2 years just isnt werent to be his. It happens, drivers have their off years. Even the best. He was the only driver who could put a fight to lewis and mercedes in 15,17,18. Try beat that, really hope he will strike back with some good results.

https://youtu.be/3MjKBtJe4Fg

https://youtu.be/b1oh-x3gZPY
    I don’t hate him, hate is a strong word and I would never use it on anyone
    All I’m saying that he needs a PERFECT car in order for him to perform 100%, just like when at RBR, qualify on pole and run with the victory.
    When it comes to wheel to wheel racing , he makes way too many mistakes (especially the last couple of years) and tries to win the race in the first lap, kind of like Monza 2018....instead of waiting for a better spot to pass Lewis like on the straight using DRS, he got into a clash with him and ruined his own race

Maybe he’ll come around and smarten up.....we,ll see
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    I love how he passed bottas.

Two races into the season and Seb and GIO are written off as amateurs, but it only takes one race to change people's perceptions of a driver, let's hope both of them can excel in China. GIO did a great defensive drive in Melbourne with worn out tyres and Seb got carried away in Bahrain, but both deserve our support, if we're allowed to support Alfa on this site!!

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    I don’t hate him, hate is a strong word and I would never use it on anyone
    All I’m saying that he needs a PERFECT car in order for him to perform 100%, just like when at RBR, qualify on pole and run with the victory.
    When it comes to wheel to wheel racing , he makes way too many mistakes (especially the last couple of years) and tries to win the race in the first lap, kind of like Monza 2018....instead of waiting for a better spot to pass Lewis like on the straight using DRS, he got into a clash with him and ruined his own race

Maybe he’ll come around and smarten up.....we,ll see
    I understand now, and i am sorry for that i attack you. We will see, hope for the best of course.

Quote Originally Posted by RicRac View Post
    Let Verstappen go to Mercedes. We have Leclerc, and I highly doubt he is going anywhere anytime soon. A Leclerc/Verstappen lineup would destroy the team. All Ferrari needs to do is build a marginally faster car and Leclerc and whoever his teammate is will handle the opposition accordingly.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Two races into the season and Seb and GIO are written off as amateurs, but it only takes one race to change people's perceptions of a driver, let's hope both of them can excel in China. GIO did a great defensive drive in Melbourne with worn out tyres and Seb got carried away in Bahrain, but both deserve our support, if we're allowed to support Alfa on this site!!

Very happy with Seb and Charles. I really, really enjoyed the Friday- and Saturday- sessions in Bahrain with our drivers topping the lists and improving their times with nearly every single
    lap.
    And if Seb leaves, I am sure the Scuderia will find a strong driver next to Charles. For myself, I hope it won't be Max (sorry Brembo )

Wolf wolf you know what happens when you cry wolf remember this to catch a wolf you need a wolf Ferrari have a wolf his name is binotto.

Great post!! Yes he's 25, [Not 65!] but a top car like the ones he's been testing for so long @ Ferrari could show some brilliance as is the case with Charles and throw in Bottas. Seb's driving so far is a true mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Totally agree on all counts Giallo.
    If we are going to see an Italian driving one of our cars it needs to be soon and Gio needs to impress now.
    As for Mick he may be more of the calibre of his uncle Ralf.......a very fast driver but not an outstanding driver.
    My money is still on Charles and I don't think Brembo he will be moving over for anyone soon.
    And living on the Italian border makes him an honoury Italian......................he even speaks the language fluently.
    I agree 100% with you. Charles #1, and Gio in that #2 car @ Ferrari will be the best combo in a long time. And everyone will understand what the other is saying!

Any word or ideas about the grapefruit juice fuel burn smell from Ferrari mentioned by Horner? Is the Scuderia going organic?

Horner and newey do not know the difference between grapefruit smell and good italian grappa lol.

...or strega?

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Great post!! Yes he's 25, [Not 65!] but a top car like the ones he's been testing for so long @ Ferrari could show some brilliance as is the case with Charles and throw in Bottas. Seb's driving so far is a true mystery.
    I'm just saying that at least one quarter of his career is already over. Think about what Alonso, Hamilton, and Vettel accomplished in the first five years of their F1 careers.

Disappointed Since 2010

On paper China should be good for us. There aren't that many slow corners and the long straight should help us due to our supposed engine superiority over the rest of the grid.

Hoping Vettel can bounce back. Would like a Ferrari win for the 1000th Grand Prix.
    Our strategies better be on point in 2019.