Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chinese 2019: Pre-Race news

Chinese 2019: Pre-Race news

It's not how start but how you finish.

I read from turkish f1 site that problem not in cylinder problem in injecrion.Power lost about 120 h.p but Ferrari think it is Shell new oil did a problem.And they can use this engine in China

Quote Originally Posted by farid-baku View Post
    I read from turkish f1 site that problem not in cylinder problem in injecrion.Power lost about 120 h.p but Ferrari think it is Shell new oil did a problem.And they can use this engine in China
    correct. Posted info in the Bahrain GP race thread.

I wonder how we will do here. It's a front limited circuit (like Melbourne), but it has some long straights which should play to our advantage.

I hope we can be as fast as we were in Bahrain!

We will be faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard Berger View Post
    I wonder how we will do here. It's a front limited circuit (like Melbourne), but it has some long straights which should play to our advantage.
    Pardon for my ignorance. What is the difference between front limited and rear limited circuit?

Quote Originally Posted by denskits View Post
    Pardon for my ignorance. What is the difference between front limited and rear limited circuit?
    In some tracks ,the flow of the lap and the actual corner are pushing more the front end(tires) of the car while others you need more traction from the rear and more force are pushing the rear end (tires)
    At least something like that (if I expressed it well )
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Imagine a total domination from Ferrari from now on, let the better man win the WDC, eather Seb or Charles. Toto would not just destroy the table, but the entire F1 paddock. It says a lot that Vettel never lost a world drivers championship in a dominant car, and was also never beaten by his teammate in this case. Everyone has his off years (Lewis lost his title because of mistake in 2010, and many of it in 2011), the most important thing is that you strike back, when the people at least expected it.

At todays testing, I really hope Seb gain his confidence with his car, 102 laps are were not bad. So he can find a better setup in future races.

Seb tested Leclecs car during testing day 2 at Bahrain testing -->https://translate.google.com/transla...n/&prev=search

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Seb tested Leclecs car during testing day 2 at Bahrain testing -->https://translate.google.com/transla...n/&prev=search
    Seb clearly has problems with setup. Hope he finds right settings in China.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Yup...!! I was shocked when he got passed by Lec On the straights during the race. Such was the speed of Lec.
    But as we know ferrari are fast on straights, vettel was missing that speed.
    I think he did get is car set-up wrong for both quali & race.
    You can see, rear-end of the car is not supporting as much he like.

Hopefully next race, both of them will dominate.

Seb's car set up in doubt', possibly set up wrong for him. But his engine didn't give up on him! Seb should have got on the podium. The more I think about the last race the more I believe Charles has what it takes to be the #1 guy.

I still see Seb as a faster driver in the future races, its just the feeling, that he will get his confidence back after testing. He was relative happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Seb's car set up in doubt', possibly set up wrong for him. But his engine didn't give up on him! Seb should have got on the podium. The more I think about the last race the more I believe Charles has what it takes to be the #1 guy.
    Yeah Lec is faster in the last race. I still blame seb for the car set-up, engineers work on the car set-up with his feedback provided. So he should have nailed it FP2 or by FP3 itself.

But I feel vettel will come hard & still the fastest driver among the two.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Yup...!! I was shocked when he got passed by Lec On the straights during the race. Such was the speed of Lec.
    But as we know ferrari are fast on straights, vettel was missing that speed.
    I think he did get is car set-up wrong for both quali & race.
    You can see, rear-end of the car is not supporting as much he like.

Hopefully next race, both of them will dominate.
    Seb was testing Leclerc's car because of the glitch with the fuel injector they found in Maranello.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    In some tracks ,the flow of the lap and the actual corner are pushing more the front end(tires) of the car while others you need more traction from the rear and more force are pushing the rear end (tires)
    At least something like that (if I expressed it well )
    Thank you ����

Seb was testing Leclerc's car because of the glitch with the fuel injector they found in Maranello.
    but the glitch was in Charles pu!!
    Why they had Charles chassi for testing?? And I persume that they fitted another pu (vettel's ??)Is there a chance that Vet's chassi might had broken in the broken wing inside it???!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    I still see Seb as a faster driver in the future races, its just the feeling, that he will get his confidence back after testing. He was relative happy.
    Seb is already the faster driver of the two. It's the mistakes he's making while driving so fast. 1,2 finishes is what Ferrari needs for that WCC !

Damn, if this guy is right and we do have a 0.3 sec advantage in the straights from the beginning then it already should have been an easy 1-2 for the first two races for us. Instead its Mercs 1-2. Honestly I dont mind right now bcz we seem to have a chapionship winning car yet again, but man, they really ought to sort out these reliability problems. Cannot afford any more mistakes especially with the New engine rules.

Seb is already the faster driver of the two. It's the mistakes he's making while driving so fast. 1,2 finishes is what Ferrari needs for that WCC !
    We've only had 2 races to compare them. We can't definitively say that one is faster than the other yet.

I dont want to throw half of our team under the bus but your telling me Seb, all of a sudden, starts getting setup problems with the crew that worked with Kimi.
    Our strategies better be on point in 2019.

Spoiler alert. Ferrari snatches defeat from the jaws of victory and Merc take a 1-2.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Spoiler alert. Ferrari snatches defeat from the jaws of victory and Merc take a 1-2.

Disappointed Since 2010

Thanks, that is what I thought too. We have a fastest car and when Seb gets correct setup, we can expect many 1-2 finishes.

We've only had 2 races to compare them. We can't definitively say that one is faster than the other yet.
    I left out ," Supposed to be ! " You are right, 2 races and Charles is doing great. Ferrari needs to give them the cars to do it. Honda gave Max an engine that almost got a podium.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    and Max snatches another podium

Charles engine good for China no damage to the power unit it going to be used.

And Toto said the performance gap is impossible to close. True, but luck is also impossible to close with Mercs.