Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 434

Thread: China: Free Practice and Qualifying

  1. #61
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kiato-Greece
    Posts
    2,466
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Well Bottas did shorter stint on softs, also with few back to back cool down laps which I am sure was excluded by the commentators. Vettel on the other hand did more laps onsofts with just one cooldown lap...so obviously his stint average looks worse than Bottas's.

    But I don't think we should get too excited by Friday long runs. They aren't the actual representation of Sunday's race pace.
    Thanks !!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    4,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Mercedes brought a new front wing to Shanghai and have to either modify it or they can't use it. The new front wing does not comply with the regulations in the area of the end plates.
    Source:
    https://www.auto-mot...-gp-china-2019/
    Wonderful.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    761
    No long run data or driver interviews? All I could find is that Hamilton saying they have the pace to fight this weekend.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Stowmarket. U.K
    Posts
    17,788
    Chinese Grand Prix - Free Practice 2

    Shanghai, 12 April 2019 – In the second 90 minutes of free practice for the Chinese GP, Sebastian Vettel was second fastest and Charles Leclerc was seventh.

    Seb does 33 laps. After running just the Medium compound tyres in the morning, both drivers tried the Soft and Hard ones this afternoon, thus evaluating all possibilities. Seb did 33 laps, the best being a 1’33”357. However, Charles only managed 13, the quickest being a 1’34”158, as he had to make a precautionary stop with 30 minutes remaining, for the cooling system on his SF90 to be checked, to avoid the risk of any damage.

    More free practice and qualifying. The third free practice session takes place tomorrow at 11.00 local time (5.00 CET) prior to qualifying at 14.00 local time, (8.00 CET).
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    761
    Someone at F1Technical saying Vettel's pace on soft tyres was awful.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Slovenia, Maribor
    Posts
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Someone at F1Technical saying Vettel's pace on soft tyres was awful.
    For me medium, hard are the right race tyres. Softs with to much thermal degredation and falling of the pace, but still Seb had traffic and a 40,1 on his last lap on softs shows us he had some pace in the bag. On the hard tyres we were much quicker than Bottas. Hope we would qualify in Q2 on the medium and start on them.


  7. #67
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kiato-Greece
    Posts
    2,466
    Well ,once again,everything will be cleared on Saturdays Qualy and Sunday's race.
    On Bahrain, they also said that Merc had better race pace and that they where behind in Qualy due to higher downforce levels, and we saw which was the true performance!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

  8. #68
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Slovenia, Maribor
    Posts
    611
    Praise to Seb.
    I had to show you: this guy is special. He wakes up, opens the radio and asks the mechanics to take the fans out of his car because from the mirrors he notices that a TR (which you have in the distant pits) has brakes that smoke excessively

    https://twitter.com/deadlinex/status...09926632095744

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    14
    Great picture, also Jock Clear is checking whats going on :D
    Attached Images Attached Images

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    6,474
    Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Praise to Seb.
    I had to show you: this guy is special. He wakes up, opens the radio and asks the mechanics to take the fans out of his car because from the mirrors he notices that a TR (which you have in the distant pits) has brakes that smoke excessively

    https://twitter.com/deadlinex/status...09926632095744

    yep. When Seb was pushed back to the weigh station, he noticed Albon's brakes smoking.

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D377iwcUYAA3IKt.jpg

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D377iw-UwAA1XPj.jpg

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D377ix-U4AATVSB.jpg
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    6,474
    Quote Originally Posted by Decoded View Post
    Great picture, also Jock Clear is checking whats going on :D
    https://cdn-1.motorsport.com/images/...front-wing.jpg
    The front wing endplates are illegal

    AMuS STORY [In German] - MERCEDES HAS TO CHANGE FRONT WING:
    End plate trick prohibited

    Mercedes has to change its front wing. The new version for Shanghai does not comply with the regulations, because the end plate is cut out so far that you can see from the side of the top flap.

    https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/11165...g&name=600x314
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    6,474
    Ferrari revert to old-spec control electronics in China after Bahrain issue
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    6,474
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    6,474
    After FP2, components used updated

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D38Pl1HU4AIfzAe.png
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    6,474
    Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Mercedes brought a new front wing to Shanghai and have to either modify it or they can't use it. The new front wing does not comply with the regulations in the area of the end plates.
    Source:
    https://www.auto-mot...-gp-china-2019/
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    The front wing endplates are illegal

    AMuS STORY [In German] - MERCEDES HAS TO CHANGE FRONT WING:
    End plate trick prohibited

    Mercedes has to change its front wing. The new version for Shanghai does not comply with the regulations, because the end plate is cut out so far that you can see from the side of the top flap.

    https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/11165...g&name=600x314
    RedBull too has to change their front wing endplates

    https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/11166...g&name=600x314

    Why Mercedes and Red Bull had to change their front wing designs

    https://www.racefans.net/2019/04/12/...-wing-designs/
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  16. #76
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    761
    Seb says car is like Bahrain, good in some places, not good in some. lol looks like he will have to wait for Barcelona to get back his Barcelona feeling.

  17. #77
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,434
    just a funny observation:

    Both Lewis and Bottas spun their cars in FP with the Ferrari spec front wing.

  18. #78
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,434
    https://ibb.co/SRpww43

    Apparently the FIA pointed out the issue to Mercedes before FP and they already fixed it!! How on earth did they manage that in such a short time? Can they literally 3d print components on the go?!

  19. #79
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    prague
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by WRX202 View Post
    https://ibb.co/SRpww43

    Apparently the FIA pointed out the issue to Mercedes before FP and they already fixed it!! How on earth did they manage that in such a short time? Can they literally 3d print components on the go?!
    on the right side is the wing from previous race. I think they simply reverted to it.

  20. #80
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA!
    Posts
    1,904
    Quote Originally Posted by WRX202 View Post
    https://ibb.co/SRpww43

    Apparently the FIA pointed out the issue to Mercedes before FP and they already fixed it!! How on earth did they manage that in such a short time? Can they literally 3d print components on the go?!
    I bet they just swapped end plates... I doubt it is manufactured as one piece with the main plane.
    Liberty-Guns-Beer-Trump... & Ferrari.

  21. #81
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    The netherlands
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Seb says car is like Bahrain, good in some places, not good in some. lol looks like he will have to wait for Barcelona to get back his Barcelona feeling.
    Didn't you say Vettel would train pole and drive away to the win like a champion? Ferrari looks really good, stop making excuses for Vettel. He spun last race, he should have won easily.

  22. #82
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    761
    Quote Originally Posted by Formula 1 fan View Post
    Didn't you say Vettel would train pole and drive away to the win like a champion? Ferrari looks really good, stop making excuses for Vettel. He spun last race, he should have won easily.
    And why should we believe a Hamilton fanboy like you than Vettel himself?

  23. #83
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Cyprus
    Posts
    115
    so whats the picture so far and how we conparr to mercs ? i havent watched the fps.
    also did we fix the issue occured in bahrain ??

  24. #84
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    761
    Quote Originally Posted by subfire91 View Post
    so whats the picture so far and how we conparr to mercs ? i havent watched the fps.
    also did we fix the issue occured in bahrain ??
    As per the official F1 website, Mercedes has the best long run pace by 2 tenths over the second best - Toro Rosso. Clear picture indeed.

  25. #85
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    The netherlands
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    And why should we believe a Hamilton fanboy like you than Vettel himself?
    What did Vettel say? Ferrari is looking very good again this year, just like last year. Why do you always have to resort to calling people who don't think Vettel is great "Hamilton fanboys." ?

    Why can't you just be happy that Vettel has a great car and that he messed up and threw away the title last year with all his mistakes?

  26. #86
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    The netherlands
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by subfire91 View Post
    so whats the picture so far and how we conparr to mercs ? i havent watched the fps.
    also did we fix the issue occured in bahrain ??
    Ferrari looks strong I think, especially Vettel. But it I think Mercedes, Ferrari and RBR are all looking close. Max was very quick on his race simulation as was Vettel.

  27. #87
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    C R O A T I A
    Posts
    963
    Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    For me medium, hard are the right race tyres. Softs with to much thermal degredation and falling of the pace, but still Seb had traffic and a 40,1 on his last lap on softs shows us he had some pace in the bag. On the hard tyres we were much quicker than Bottas. Hope we would qualify in Q2 on the medium and start on them.

    https://i.postimg.cc/J0hZpdpX/D38-C1-0-UYAEP2m.png
    That 40.1 is average across stint..

  28. #88
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    761
    Quote Originally Posted by Formula 1 fan View Post
    What did Vettel say? Ferrari is looking very good again this year, just like last year. Why do you always have to resort to calling people who don't think Vettel is great "Hamilton fanboys." ?

    Why can't you just be happy that Vettel has a great car and that he messed up and threw away the title last year with all his mistakes?
    Vettel said car is good in some places, car is not good in some places, this is creating issues on Saturday and Sunday, especially Sundays where Vettel was nowhere the past 2 races. Vettel threw away the title last year just like Hamilton threw away the title in 2007, 2012 and 2016. I am sure you will agree "Formula 1 fan".

  29. #89
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    761
    AMuS:
    The image of Bahrain solidifies. Ferrari rides up the competition on the straights and off. Vettel wins in the full throttle passages seven tenths on Bottas and nine tenths on Verstappen. And he loses almost everything again in the slow corners 3, 6, 9, 11 and 14. In the fast corners 7 and 8, he is equal to fast or a bit faster than the direct opponents. Now it may be puzzled why these rashes are so extreme.

    To Ferrari's demonstration of power on the straights, there are two theories. Ferrari introduces the favorable air resistance, Mercedes and Red Bull the engine power. Even more puzzling is why Ferrari looks so bad in the slow corners. Even Vettel can not explain that. There are really only two possible causes. Either the suspension does not produce enough mechanical grip, or the rear tires are not in their working window. The rivals are already assumptions, Ferrari deliberately play with low air pressure. And if you exaggerate it, as in Melbourne, for example, then you slip out of the window quite a bit.

  30. #90
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    The netherlands
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Vettel said car is good in some places, car is not good in some places, this is creating issues on Saturday and Sunday, especially Sundays where Vettel was nowhere the past 2 races. Vettel threw away the title last year just like Hamilton threw away the title in 2007, 2012 and 2016. I am sure you will agree "Formula 1 fan".
    That is kind of a "I don't know what the car is doing, but I can't drive it." answer. Ferrari has been good in both 2017 & 2018. Leclerc and Vettel dominated Bahrain and then Vettel dropped it.

    Did Hamilton threw away the title in 2007? No, absolutely not. He was a rookie and barely made any mistake. Before you call on China, that was mostly due to the team refusing to pit.
    Hamilton didn't threw the title away in 2012 either. Mclaren was very fast, but the team messed up and it broke down 3 times. Hamilton didn't do anything wrong that year. Vettel had the better car and team.

    In 2016 Hamilton didn't really throw away the title. He made a couple of mistakes and could have won the title if he was perfect. But on the other side his car broke down a lot in the race and qualify or even before the race begon.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •