Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Results 361 to 390 of 550

Thread: 2019 China GP: Race

  1. #361
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    3,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Seb did look quicker so I can see why they done it, but when it was clear Seb was no quicker then should have been told to give it back. Poor management from the pit wall.
    Yeah, Seb was faster, but it took so long time to give that order, so Seb had his tires in bad shape at that time when they finally gave that order.

  2. #362
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    11,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Merc 1-2 in the opening 3 races, yeah let's calm down...

    To be honest I am. Really. I've just accepted that Ferrari will not win WDC nor CWC in any near future, so I am not getting existed at all! I am in keep calm an enjoy other nice things in life mode!

  3. #363
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N. Delhi/Helsinki
    Posts
    4,365
    Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post

    To be honest I am. Really. I've just accepted that Ferrari will not win WDC nor CWC in any near future, so I am not getting existed at all! I am in keep calm an enjoy other nice things in life mode!
    Ya that sounds so nice but I can bet a real Tifosi will bleed each time we have weekends like this one
    “I prefer to beat them on Sunday” -Fernando Alonso, Press Conference Korean GP 2010

    "Giornata fantastica !!"- Andrea Stella, European GP 2012


  4. #364
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    11,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Ya that sounds so nice but I can bet a real Tifosi will bleed each time we have weekends like this one
    I can bet that real team will do everything poasible and unpossible for weekends like this not to happen!!!! Especially one that pretends on winning WDC and CWC!

  5. #365
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    6,890
    Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Yeah, Seb was faster, but it took so long time to give that order, so Seb had his tires in bad shape at that time when they finally gave that order.
    Yeah this is right...!! Once he passed Lec, he didn’t find the rhythm or same pace as earlier laps.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance " : - Michael Schumacher

  6. #366
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,434
    Guys this time last year Lewis hasn't even won a race yet he won the wdc. We can either be negative and say this proves that this year they'll run away or we can look at it in a way that if Lewis still won so can we.

    So far imo it looks like our car is flawed. Binotto is an engine guru but not a design guru. The engine is powerful however the car overall is not great. Fighting with redbull when even Newey himself admitted their car is messed up doesn't look too good on us. (Struggling against a messed up redbull)

    Now a far fetched thought :

    Negotiations are up for F1 teams in 2021. Ferrari enjoyed an upper hand in the past however now they are losing their worth more and more each year. Doesn't anyone think that the fia is happy watching Mercedes shatter all the records held by Ferrari to weaken their heritage and hence take away their bargaining power?

    I mean in the past the FIA was quite quick to end a single teams dominance with a major overhaul of the regulations however the Mercedes dominion is the longest ever and no radical changes on the horizon, at least not ones that will cause a full reset. The fia took away free testing, limited in season updates on engine and gave Mercedes a full year head notice for the hybrid engines. Call me paranoid but it looks too convenient for them to be just a coincidence...

    Ferrari will not win, for formula 1 having ferrari fight for 2nd spot is good enough as long as the fans like us are left hoping till far into the season as possible so as not to effect ticket sales. Ferrari has the largest fan base after all.

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  7. #367
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Seb did look quicker so I can see why they done it, but when it was clear Seb was no quicker then should have been told to give it back. Poor management from the pit wall.
    Exactly, but if Vettel was actually quicker, he should have demonstrated it like Leclerc did in Bahrain. Vettel passing Bottas was pie in the sky, and they sacrificed what should have been a fourth place finish for Leclerc.


    Disappointed Since 2010

  8. #368
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    hull
    Posts
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by WRX202 View Post
    gave Mercedes a full year head notice for the hybrid engines. Call me paranoid but it looks too convenient for them to be just a coincidence...
    Yes, you look completely paranoid when you write complete rubbish like you have done above

  9. #369
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    nameless city
    Posts
    5,439
    Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Yeah, Seb was faster, but it took so long time to give that order, so Seb had his tires in bad shape at that time when they finally gave that order.
    are you trying to say that 10 laps destroys tyres so quickly? and apparently Charles does not, because they kept him out much-much longer than Vettel who kept locking up
    not gonna change my profile picture

  10. #370
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    6,474
    I will say this about Leclerc after the race. He certainly chose his words wisely and was "politically correct".

    But we all know deep down inside what he was really thinking after this race. This is where the "fervor" of a talented driver starts to chip away at his exuberance to excel knowing full well the powers that be have to be questioned.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  11. #371
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    6,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Seb did look quicker so I can see why they done it, but when it was clear Seb was no quicker then should have been told to give it back. Poor management from the pit wall.
    Rather than giving back...!!!

    They should have called Leclerc in for pit first. Which leave vet & mad max on track.
    For sure with fresher tyres, Undercut would have worked & Lec emerge ahead of vet after his routine pit stop.
    What this strategy would have done is not loose time against mad max or even if mad max gain ahead of vettel.
    Vet will have good straight line speed to pass mad max.

    So 3&4 would have been intact with Lec ahead & vet behind him.
    Last edited by nani_s23; 14th April 2019 at 15:48.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance " : - Michael Schumacher

  12. #372
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    3,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Katu View Post
    are you trying to say that 10 laps destroys tyres so quickly? and apparently Charles does not, because they kept him out much-much longer than Vettel who kept locking up
    Yes, that is exactly what I am trying to say. When driving behind other car, it does that. Charles was not behind any, but team did sacrifice him today, that is why he did not pitted earlier.
    Vettel was locking up, simply because his tires was in bad shape.

    Any other questions? Feel free to ask.

  13. #373
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    nameless city
    Posts
    5,439
    Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Yes, that is exactly what I am trying to say. When driving behind other car, it does that. Charles was not behind any, but team did sacrifice him today, that is why he did not pitted earlier.
    Vettel was locking up, simply because his tires was in bad shape.

    Any other questions? Feel free to ask.
    so if Vettel tyres were short, why to make that switch?
    not gonna change my profile picture

  14. #374
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    3,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Katu View Post
    so if Vettel tyres were short, why to make that switch?
    Yes, good question.
    It took 10 laps, before they gave the order. That was very good, but it was too late.

  15. #375
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    6,890
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I will say this about Leclerc after the race. He certainly chose his words wisely and was "politically correct".

    But we all know deep down inside what he was really thinking after this race. This is where the "fervor" of a talented driver starts to chip away at his exuberance to excel knowing full well the powers that be have to be questioned.
    If any driver who understands the situation at ferrari it’s leclerc.
    He’s part of FDA, have seen Vet-kimi era. He knew abt Alonso-massa, Schumi-barri team partnerships.
    Also ferrari never went to younger driver apart one driver I don’t recollect his name. My apologies.
    So Leclerc got a chance, for time being ferrari is giving full support n getting vettel to prove.
    In such process, if Leclerc is faster on consistent basis then that equation would change for sure.
    But in quali it’s vettel still the best, Leclerc is not far away. He’s right there under the neck of vettel.
    So we need to give more time to judge the actual pace of both drivers.

    Vettel claims he didn’t find sweet spot of the car yet, but Leclerc found it in Bahrain.

    Personally I feel, Leclerc will be given full support by the team at some point of time in this season once they judge true performances quali & race pace wise.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance " : - Michael Schumacher

  16. #376
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    nameless city
    Posts
    5,439
    Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Yes, good question.
    It took 10 laps, before they gave the order. That was very good, but it was too late.
    it was the 10th lap, if Vettel had made decent start, he wouldn't have been in that position, nobody "gave" Charles that position, unlike Vettel. and clearly Charles wasn't holding him back. you make that 10 laps look like 30 laps in Monaco behind the other car. and did Vettel try to overtake Charles? not even once, so he wasn't even in attacking mode
    not gonna change my profile picture

  17. #377
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    3,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Katu View Post
    it was the 10th lap, if Vettel had made decent start, he wouldn't have been in that position, nobody "gave" Charles that position, unlike Vettel. and clearly Charles wasn't holding him back. you make that 10 laps look like 30 laps in Monaco behind the other car. and did Vettel try to overtake Charles? not even once, so he wasn't even in attacking mode
    If they have changed positions like in lap 5, that would be different, Seb was in DRS all the time, and after switch, he could make a gap, so that Charles was out of DRS, I think it was 1.6-7s at the best, but tires did not hold, so that`s about it.
    Team should read this forum.

  18. #378
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    3,045
    They did sacrifice Charles to hold Bottas, and he did a good job there, I think he did slow him down so that Seb won 4-5 s against Bottas.
    But anyways, switch was okey, but only too late.

  19. #379
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    nameless city
    Posts
    5,439
    Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    If they have changed positions like in lap 5, that would be different, Seb was in DRS all the time, and after switch, he could make a gap, so that Charles was out of DRS, I think it was 1.6-7s at the best, but tires did not hold, so that`s about it.
    Team should read this forum.
    vettel should have tried to overtake by himself, it's still racing or am i missing something... oh right all people in Ferrari team were holding breath because no-one can be sure if Vettel can complete overtaking without spinning
    not gonna change my profile picture

  20. #380
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    761
    Even after pit stops, I doubt if Leclerc was pumping in similar laptimes to Seb. He was slower pretty much the whole race.

  21. #381
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    nameless city
    Posts
    5,439
    Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Even after pit stops, I doubt if Leclerc was pumping in similar laptimes to Seb. He was slower pretty much the whole race.
    because Ferrari didn't really care what tyres he had and the had gear problems.. but hey, why to talk about that
    not gonna change my profile picture

  22. #382
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    6,474
    Can one make the assumption after these 3 GP's, the ONLY reason Max is beating both Ferrari's has to do with pit lane strat?? Because Max certainly does'nt have the fastest car.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  23. #383
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    3,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Katu View Post
    vettel should have tried to overtake by himself, it's still racing or am i missing something... oh right all people in Ferrari team were holding breath because no-one can be sure if Vettel can complete overtaking without spinning
    That is a different matter, no comments to that.

  24. #384
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    3,045
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Can one make the assumption after these 3 GP's, the ONLY reason Max is beating both Ferrari's has to do with pit lane strat?? Because Max certainly does'nt have the fastest car.
    Like I said, team should read this forum. It looks like (almost) everyone here, is making better calls than team. Did I say that loud, I am very very sorry.

  25. #385
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    nameless city
    Posts
    5,439
    Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    That is a different matter, no comments to that.
    why is it a different matter? it's actually not. if you are faster, then overtake. vettel didn't even try to make a move
    not gonna change my profile picture

  26. #386
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    3,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Katu View Post
    why is it a different matter? it's actually not. if you are faster, then overtake. vettel didn't even try to make a move
    I did mean that spinning. I do believe that is a setup issue, at least in Bahrain, and he is not happy with the car yet. So, just wait when he is happy with the car, then we see different Seb. But again, it looks like we need more power, if we are going to fight with Mercs.

    He was faster, but not so much faster, that he could overtake.

  27. #387
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    nameless city
    Posts
    5,439
    Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    I did mean that spinning. I do believe that is a setup issue, at least in Bahrain, and he is not happy with the car yet. So, just wait when he is happy with the car, then we see different Seb. But again, it looks like we need more power, if we are going to fight with Mercs.

    He was faster, but not so much faster, that he could overtake.
    then he wasn't really entitled to have that position if he wasn't that much faster, maybe it was just DRS helping him? and to come back to spinning, is the car set-up to blame for his spins last year, too?
    not gonna change my profile picture

  28. #388
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    3,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Katu View Post
    then he wasn't really entitled to have that position if he wasn't that much faster, maybe it was just DRS helping him? and to come back to spinning, is the car set-up to blame for his spins last year, too?
    Once again, Seb was in DRS all the time, after switch Charles was out of DRS. So he was faster, but it was too late, tires was gone.

    Last year, he did too many mistakes. He did lost WDC because of those mistakes, that is my opinion.

  29. #389
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    761
    Quote Originally Posted by Katu View Post
    then he wasn't really entitled to have that position if he wasn't that much faster, maybe it was just DRS helping him? and to come back to spinning, is the car set-up to blame for his spins last year, too?
    The moment you refer to last year makes it clear that you basically have no facts to back yourself for things going this season.

  30. #390
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    4,270
    Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Even after pit stops, I doubt if Leclerc was pumping in similar laptimes to Seb. He was slower pretty much the whole race.
    I can post lap times here and show that Charles was faster...after the pitstops only Hamilton was faster than Charles. But nah...not gonna waste my time.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •