Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 2019 China GP: Race

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Seb did look quicker so I can see why they done it, but when it was clear Seb was no quicker then should have been told to give it back. Poor management from the pit wall.
    Yeah, Seb was faster, but it took so long time to give that order, so Seb had his tires in bad shape at that time when they finally gave that order.

Merc 1-2 in the opening 3 races, yeah let's calm down...

To be honest I am. Really. I've just accepted that Ferrari will not win WDC nor CWC in any near future, so I am not getting existed at all! I am in keep calm an enjoy other nice things in life mode!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post

To be honest I am. Really. I've just accepted that Ferrari will not win WDC nor CWC in any near future, so I am not getting existed at all! I am in keep calm an enjoy other nice things in life mode!
    Ya that sounds so nice but I can bet a real Tifosi will bleed each time we have weekends like this one

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Ya that sounds so nice but I can bet a real Tifosi will bleed each time we have weekends like this one
    I can bet that real team will do everything poasible and unpossible for weekends like this not to happen!!!! Especially one that pretends on winning WDC and CWC!

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Yeah, Seb was faster, but it took so long time to give that order, so Seb had his tires in bad shape at that time when they finally gave that order.
    Yeah this is right...!! Once he passed Lec, he didn’t find the rhythm or same pace as earlier laps.

Guys this time last year Lewis hasn't even won a race yet he won the wdc. We can either be negative and say this proves that this year they'll run away or we can look at it in a way that if Lewis still won so can we.

So far imo it looks like our car is flawed. Binotto is an engine guru but not a design guru. The engine is powerful however the car overall is not great. Fighting with redbull when even Newey himself admitted their car is messed up doesn't look too good on us. (Struggling against a messed up redbull)

Now a far fetched thought :

Negotiations are up for F1 teams in 2021. Ferrari enjoyed an upper hand in the past however now they are losing their worth more and more each year. Doesn't anyone think that the fia is happy watching Mercedes shatter all the records held by Ferrari to weaken their heritage and hence take away their bargaining power?

I mean in the past the FIA was quite quick to end a single teams dominance with a major overhaul of the regulations however the Mercedes dominion is the longest ever and no radical changes on the horizon, at least not ones that will cause a full reset. The fia took away free testing, limited in season updates on engine and gave Mercedes a full year head notice for the hybrid engines. Call me paranoid but it looks too convenient for them to be just a coincidence...

Ferrari will not win, for formula 1 having ferrari fight for 2nd spot is good enough as long as the fans like us are left hoping till far into the season as possible so as not to effect ticket sales. Ferrari has the largest fan base after all.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Seb did look quicker so I can see why they done it, but when it was clear Seb was no quicker then should have been told to give it back. Poor management from the pit wall.
    Exactly, but if Vettel was actually quicker, he should have demonstrated it like Leclerc did in Bahrain. Vettel passing Bottas was pie in the sky, and they sacrificed what should have been a fourth place finish for Leclerc.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by WRX202 View Post
    gave Mercedes a full year head notice for the hybrid engines. Call me paranoid but it looks too convenient for them to be just a coincidence...
    Yes, you look completely paranoid when you write complete rubbish like you have done above

are you trying to say that 10 laps destroys tyres so quickly? and apparently Charles does not, because they kept him out much-much longer than Vettel who kept locking up
    not gonna change my profile picture

I will say this about Leclerc after the race. He certainly chose his words wisely and was "politically correct".

But we all know deep down inside what he was really thinking after this race. This is where the "fervor" of a talented driver starts to chip away at his exuberance to excel knowing full well the powers that be have to be questioned.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Rather than giving back...!!!

They should have called Leclerc in for pit first. Which leave vet & mad max on track.
    For sure with fresher tyres, Undercut would have worked & Lec emerge ahead of vet after his routine pit stop.
    What this strategy would have done is not loose time against mad max or even if mad max gain ahead of vettel.
    Vet will have good straight line speed to pass mad max.

So 3&4 would have been intact with Lec ahead & vet behind him.
    Last edited by nani_s23; 14th April 2019 at 15:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Katu View Post
    are you trying to say that 10 laps destroys tyres so quickly? and apparently Charles does not, because they kept him out much-much longer than Vettel who kept locking up
    Yes, that is exactly what I am trying to say. When driving behind other car, it does that. Charles was not behind any, but team did sacrifice him today, that is why he did not pitted earlier.
    Vettel was locking up, simply because his tires was in bad shape.

Any other questions? Feel free to ask.

Yes, that is exactly what I am trying to say. When driving behind other car, it does that. Charles was not behind any, but team did sacrifice him today, that is why he did not pitted earlier.
    Vettel was locking up, simply because his tires was in bad shape.

Any other questions? Feel free to ask.
    so if Vettel tyres were short, why to make that switch?

so if Vettel tyres were short, why to make that switch?
    Yes, good question.
    It took 10 laps, before they gave the order. That was very good, but it was too late.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I will say this about Leclerc after the race. He certainly chose his words wisely and was "politically correct".

But we all know deep down inside what he was really thinking after this race. This is where the "fervor" of a talented driver starts to chip away at his exuberance to excel knowing full well the powers that be have to be questioned.
    If any driver who understands the situation at ferrari it’s leclerc.
    He’s part of FDA, have seen Vet-kimi era. He knew abt Alonso-massa, Schumi-barri team partnerships.
    Also ferrari never went to younger driver apart one driver I don’t recollect his name. My apologies.
    So Leclerc got a chance, for time being ferrari is giving full support n getting vettel to prove.
    In such process, if Leclerc is faster on consistent basis then that equation would change for sure.
    But in quali it’s vettel still the best, Leclerc is not far away. He’s right there under the neck of vettel.
    So we need to give more time to judge the actual pace of both drivers.

Vettel claims he didn’t find sweet spot of the car yet, but Leclerc found it in Bahrain.

Personally I feel, Leclerc will be given full support by the team at some point of time in this season once they judge true performances quali & race pace wise.

Yes, good question.
    It took 10 laps, before they gave the order. That was very good, but it was too late.
    it was the 10th lap, if Vettel had made decent start, he wouldn't have been in that position, nobody "gave" Charles that position, unlike Vettel. and clearly Charles wasn't holding him back. you make that 10 laps look like 30 laps in Monaco behind the other car. and did Vettel try to overtake Charles? not even once, so he wasn't even in attacking mode

it was the 10th lap, if Vettel had made decent start, he wouldn't have been in that position, nobody "gave" Charles that position, unlike Vettel. and clearly Charles wasn't holding him back. you make that 10 laps look like 30 laps in Monaco behind the other car. and did Vettel try to overtake Charles? not even once, so he wasn't even in attacking mode
    If they have changed positions like in lap 5, that would be different, Seb was in DRS all the time, and after switch, he could make a gap, so that Charles was out of DRS, I think it was 1.6-7s at the best, but tires did not hold, so that`s about it.
    Team should read this forum.

They did sacrifice Charles to hold Bottas, and he did a good job there, I think he did slow him down so that Seb won 4-5 s against Bottas.
    But anyways, switch was okey, but only too late.

If they have changed positions like in lap 5, that would be different, Seb was in DRS all the time, and after switch, he could make a gap, so that Charles was out of DRS, I think it was 1.6-7s at the best, but tires did not hold, so that`s about it.
    Team should read this forum.
    vettel should have tried to overtake by himself, it's still racing or am i missing something... oh right all people in Ferrari team were holding breath because no-one can be sure if Vettel can complete overtaking without spinning

Even after pit stops, I doubt if Leclerc was pumping in similar laptimes to Seb. He was slower pretty much the whole race.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Even after pit stops, I doubt if Leclerc was pumping in similar laptimes to Seb. He was slower pretty much the whole race.
    because Ferrari didn't really care what tyres he had and the had gear problems.. but hey, why to talk about that

Can one make the assumption after these 3 GP's, the ONLY reason Max is beating both Ferrari's has to do with pit lane strat?? Because Max certainly does'nt have the fastest car.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

vettel should have tried to overtake by himself, it's still racing or am i missing something... oh right all people in Ferrari team were holding breath because no-one can be sure if Vettel can complete overtaking without spinning
    That is a different matter, no comments to that.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Can one make the assumption after these 3 GP's, the ONLY reason Max is beating both Ferrari's has to do with pit lane strat?? Because Max certainly does'nt have the fastest car.
    Like I said, team should read this forum. It looks like (almost) everyone here, is making better calls than team. Did I say that loud, I am very very sorry.

That is a different matter, no comments to that.
    why is it a different matter? it's actually not. if you are faster, then overtake. vettel didn't even try to make a move

why is it a different matter? it's actually not. if you are faster, then overtake. vettel didn't even try to make a move
    I did mean that spinning. I do believe that is a setup issue, at least in Bahrain, and he is not happy with the car yet. So, just wait when he is happy with the car, then we see different Seb. But again, it looks like we need more power, if we are going to fight with Mercs.

He was faster, but not so much faster, that he could overtake.

I did mean that spinning. I do believe that is a setup issue, at least in Bahrain, and he is not happy with the car yet. So, just wait when he is happy with the car, then we see different Seb. But again, it looks like we need more power, if we are going to fight with Mercs.

He was faster, but not so much faster, that he could overtake.
    then he wasn't really entitled to have that position if he wasn't that much faster, maybe it was just DRS helping him? and to come back to spinning, is the car set-up to blame for his spins last year, too?

then he wasn't really entitled to have that position if he wasn't that much faster, maybe it was just DRS helping him? and to come back to spinning, is the car set-up to blame for his spins last year, too?
    Once again, Seb was in DRS all the time, after switch Charles was out of DRS. So he was faster, but it was too late, tires was gone.

Last year, he did too many mistakes. He did lost WDC because of those mistakes, that is my opinion.

The moment you refer to last year makes it clear that you basically have no facts to back yourself for things going this season.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    I can post lap times here and show that Charles was faster...after the pitstops only Hamilton was faster than Charles. But nah...not gonna waste my time.