Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Baku 2019 pre-race news thread

Baku 2019 pre-race news thread

An unpredictable race, hopefully Mercedes don't win this one.

https://www.racefans.net/2019/04/16/...azerbaijan-gp/

tire selection per driver (Pirelli)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D4Qu1xuWkAEbiIH.jpg

Marko: Honda big power upgrade for Baku

https://thejudge13.com/2019/04/15/ma...rade-for-baku/

Current component allocation after round 3

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D4QL1roXsAEcOTq.png

(Friday) view from someone's hotel room this morning. End of the long straight into T1 (building that has the F1 poster..."Ignites the city")

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D4fCkL_UIAEmEYT.jpg

Happy Easter everyone (for those that celebrate it)
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Exciting race, last 2 races were great to watch. For Ferrari and Vettel this race will be quite important. Can Ferrari keep up with Mercedes and were Australia and China just incidental races? Because they had great pace in Bahrain.
    As for Vettel, he needs to show he is clearly better then Leclerc, sofar Leclerc is up to Vettel's pace and performance and just 1 point behind.
    But most importantly, Vettel already made a costly mistake that cost him a chance for Victory. Max and Hamilton have shown to be better and Vettel seems uncomfortable battling those 2 in my opinion.

Hope the race will be as good as last 2 years.

Watch out drivers, Kvyat looking forward to racing in Baku:

https://f1i.com/news/337814-toro-ros...line-rush.html

Quote Originally Posted by Formula 1 fan View Post
    Exciting race, last 2 races were great to watch. For Ferrari and Vettel this race will be quite important. Can Ferrari keep up with Mercedes and were Australia and China just incidental races? Because they had great pace in Bahrain.
    As for Vettel, he needs to show he is clearly better then Leclerc, sofar Leclerc is up to Vettel's pace and performance and just 1 point behind.
    But most importantly, Vettel already made a costly mistake that cost him a chance for Victory. Max and Hamilton have shown to be better and Vettel seems uncomfortable battling those 2 in my opinion.

Hope the race will be as good as last 2 years.
    You mentioned the word "Vettel" 5 times, your obsession with him is pretty extreme. Not good for health.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    You mentioned the word "Vettel" 5 times, your obsession with him is pretty extreme. Not good for health.
    You mean how you are obsessed with Hamilton and always talk him down? You are known to be a Vettel fanboy, you claim Vettel never makes mistakes and is better then Hamilton.

Maybe I mentioned Vettel 5 times, but everything I said was true. Bet you can't even come with any argument to refute my claim.

Can this thread not turn into another Vettel bashing thread please...
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Can this thread not turn into another Vettel bashing thread please...
    Well, I haven't bashed Vettel at all and I haven't done so before, so no worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Formula 1 fan View Post
    Exciting race, last 2 races were great to watch.
    '16 was great.
    '17 was good.
    '18 was great.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    '16 was great.
    '17 was good.
    '18 was great.
    Yeah, but we didn’t win in
    none of those years

Maybe 2019 will be different
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

It's important to let Charles race let him mix it with crashstappen and Hamilton we will be surprised at just how well he can handle it let him get the wood over them it's what Ferrari need this will act as a buffer for vetal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    So, if it is going to be another 1-2 Mercs, then we have to find again something positive for next race.

The Baku circuit's last straight line is gigantic. You go flat out even before it. It is hard to pass in other areas so straight line speed is huge here. Considering the strenghts of our car, this circuit should be good to us and I am optimistic.

Yeah I am feeling it, Ferrari domination incoming.
    Vettel will win it by 3,1s from Leclerc and Lewis joining in third place 10 seconds back.

And then I woke up.
    Last edited by Vettel165; 23rd April 2019 at 10:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Yeah I am feeling it, Ferrari domination incoming.
    Vettel will win it 3,1s from Leclerc and Lewis joining in third place 10 seconds back.

And then I woke up.
    3.1 sec that's quite precise
    I'm hoping Bottas can beat Ham, after what happened there last year, plus he wants to stay in the title race of course.

Hoping for a Ferrari 1-2 and a Mercedes double DNF after sucking in qualifying.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    The Baku circuit's last straight line is gigantic. You go flat out even before it. It is hard to pass in other areas so straight line speed is huge here. Considering the strenghts of our car, this circuit should be good to us and I am optimistic.
    yep, T16, T17, T18, T19 & T20 is flat out into braking into T1.

I believe Williams has the top speed down the straight at 385kph. Top speed is'nt the overall winner here.

Ferrari to bring updates to Baku. What kind will remain to be seen in the next couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Hoping for a Ferrari 1-2 and a Mercedes double DNF after sucking in qualifying.
    you and every tifoso here on the forum mate.....good fantasy though, hope will turn into reality....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

I'd like to see a very close qualification and a tight race without race deciding DNFs or crashes.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    I'd like to see a very close qualification and a tight race without race deciding DNFs or crashes.
    no crashes in Baku? seems like a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    no crashes in Baku? seems like a stretch.
    when in doubt....we can always count on Crashjean to bin it, even under the safety car.....lololol

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    I want to see the Ferraris a full second faster than Mercedes in qualifying, a Ferrari fastest lap, and Mercedes to earn zero points for the weekend without anyone getting hurt to make the championship interesting.

Disappointed Since 2010

I want to see the Ferraris a full second faster than Mercedes in qualifying, a Ferrari fastest lap, and Mercedes to earn zero points for the weekend without anyone getting hurt to make the championship interesting.
    for the Ferrari to be a FULL second faster then the mercs.....we're going to have to wait for rules changes in 2021, and even that won't be guaranteed...but i like your wishful thinking

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    for the Ferrari to be a FULL second faster then the mercs.....we're going to have to wait for rules changes in 2021, and even that won't be guaranteed...but i like your wishful thinking
    Yeah, it's not going to happen, but it would make the championship much more interesting.

Disappointed Since 2010

I like this track and wish the best for Ferrari!

So Binotto confirms they have brought updates for this race. It was about DAMN TIME! I really hope they did not plan to bring updates in 3-race stretches...

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    when in doubt....we can always count on Crashjean to bin it, even under the safety car.....lololol
    All that and still you can count on him on the podium or at least up in the points ! And to boot it looks like Max will keep Honda up there with Ferrari and Merc on the cars to watch. Much better than when in doubt.... tell Charles to move over !!! Can we Ferrari fans start counting on Seb the legend to start winning like the good old finger in the air days?

Hear, hear!

I absolutely agree. What is this obsession with wanting 'tight' races and 'close competition' after all these years of Merc domination and Ferrari mostly being runner-up or worse?

Well, I for one don't. I can do without the stress, thank you very much. I'd like Ferrari to dominate and wipe out the rest of the field from now on, Mercs included...in fact, Mercs especially. Let others bitch about us 'simply being too good' for once.

And then I want that again...and again...and again...

Because that's how it felt during the best years of the Schumacher era...just so incredibly good for a tifoso. I for one never wanted it to end. It had to end, of course, as these things always do - but it was amazing nevertheless.

Any tifoso around at that time who denies having loved seeing the Scuderia trounce the competition in 2002 or 2004 is either delusional, an emotional masochist or, frankly, not much of a tifoso.

I could do with a bit of that right now for Ferrari, to be honest.