Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 270

Thread: Vettel or Leclerc

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    918
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    He's the driver Seb needs to be as good as. Wins and podium points! No Poles required!!
    Wins? How many wins? 4-5 all his life?

  2. #122
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,209
    Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Wins? How many wins? 4-5 all his life?
    I couldn't have said it better! 5 wins all his 21 yrs life; so far ! Seb rings in now at 31 yrs. old. Imagine at this pace how Max will be stats wise in 10 more yrs. You can add another 5 yrs. or more on top. Good to see you are also a big Max fan! No poles required!

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    salco
    Posts
    2,659
    But where will Max's first win come this year. I have to admit, I thought the RBH car would have been more competitive this year.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    But where will Max's first win come this year. I have to admit, I thought the RBH car would have been more competitive this year.
    R Bull's only competition is Merc so far and Ferrari barely holding on ahead. New Honda guts and all; everyone else is behind them. I have to admit, I was sure Ferrari, cars and drivers would be more competitive so far this year. Max's first win this year? Let's hope Seb gets one first! There's still a few more races to go.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    918
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I couldn't have said it better! 5 wins all his 21 yrs life; so far ! Seb rings in now at 31 yrs. old. Imagine at this pace how Max will be stats wise in 10 more yrs. You can add another 5 yrs. or more on top. Good to see you are also a big Max fan! No poles required!
    Charles is 15 days younger than Max and already got a pole which Max couldn't despite driving since 2015 and having fastest car in qualifying on multiple occasions. Imagine at this pace how Charles will be stats wise in 10 more years. And Charles is a lot more calm and consistent than Max is. Maybe Max will get his first pole after Charles gets his first title!

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Babes&Whisky
    Posts
    2,712
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    But where will Max's first win come this year. I have to admit, I thought the RBH car would have been more competitive this year.
    It's actually RBR, as in Red Bull Racing. You can say RBR Honda, but not RBH.
    They have a chance in Spain, but are favorites in Monaco. Should be 2 good races for them.

  7. #127
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,209
    Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Charles is 15 days younger than Max and already got a pole which Max couldn't despite driving since 2015 and having fastest car in qualifying on multiple occasions. Imagine at this pace how Charles will be stats wise in 10 more years. And Charles is a lot more calm and consistent than Max is. Maybe Max will get his first pole after Charles gets his first title!
    We once again agree on drivers ! Remember , Charles is in a Ferrari , Max is in a R Bull making the best of it. I'm not sure about that fastest car in quali. part. Fast yes, fastest? Max's driving made it look that way. Again there's no point in pole pos. It's the race results that add up the points. Lewis has about 85 poles I believe, and he still isn't respected here for his driving. Enjoy the next race !!

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    The netherlands
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Charles is 15 days younger than Max and already got a pole which Max couldn't despite driving since 2015 and having fastest car in qualifying on multiple occasions. Imagine at this pace how Charles will be stats wise in 10 more years. And Charles is a lot more calm and consistent than Max is. Maybe Max will get his first pole after Charles gets his first title!
    Max was 18 when he won his first race....Leclerc still hasn't got any and is 3 years older then Max was at that time. At this pace, Max will have better stats then Leclerc in 10 years...So far Max is beating Leclerc and Ferrari is the better car. Leclerc is more consistent then Max? Explain.

    PS, you still haven't responded to what I said. But that is ok, all that counts for you is VEttel.
    Remember, Max only got the fastest car in Monaco 2016 and 2018. And he failed, all other times he didn't have the fastest car.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    The netherlands
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    We once again agree on drivers ! Remember , Charles is in a Ferrari , Max is in a R Bull making the best of it. I'm not sure about that fastest car in quali. part. Fast yes, fastest? Max's driving made it look that way. Again there's no point in pole pos. It's the race results that add up the points. Lewis has about 85 poles I believe, and he still isn't respected here for his driving. Enjoy the next race !!
    True, But you got to know Chinmay will never ever respect Hamilton. Even if he wins 10 titles driving a cardboard box, he will always say Vettel is the god of racing and the best driver ever. If Vettel wins a race, all other cars were much better cars, but Vettel still won the race because he is the absolute best driver ever.

    Funny thing is that Newey has said Vettel needs a car that is perfectly suited to his needs. He can't addapt as well as Max, Alonso, Senna or Hamilton.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    But where will Max's first win come this year. I have to admit, I thought the RBH car would have been more competitive this year.
    Seb in his Ferrari is 1 pt. ahead of Max so far! That's pretty close, and he's in a R Bull Honda powered car. 1 point more competitive and he would be up to Ferrari. How much more competitive is that than everyone else ! Meanwhile Seb the legend is 34 pts. behind Lewis.

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    918
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Seb in his Ferrari is 1 pt. ahead of Max so far! That's pretty close, and he's in a R Bull Honda powered car. 1 point more competitive and he would be up to Ferrari. How much more competitive is that than everyone else ! Meanwhile Seb the legend is 34 pts. behind Lewis.
    That's because Red Bull has got a much better aero and Ferrari completely opposite so Ferrari's engine advantage is nullified in corners. On pure pace, after the first 4 races, Ferrari is about a tenth or two quicker than Red Bull on race pace.

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    2,412
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX132 View Post
    Until our car is able to outperform the opposition or be in position to challenge consistently, it's moot talking about who the lead driver should be. At the moment we are not quite there.
    Until we are, VET as 4x WDC should logically be given some sort of priority, otherwise why pay him so much. LEC is fast otherwise we wouldn't have signed him, but he is still learning, and needs to be patient and play the team game for now. Squabbling over the minor placings (if that's the right expression for P3-P6) is not helpful at this time.
    I don't agree.
    P1 should be given to whoever performs better on track. P1 has nothing to do with the car.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    7,495
    Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    That's because Red Bull has got a much better aero and Ferrari completely opposite so Ferrari's engine advantage is nullified in corners. On pure pace, after the first 4 races, Ferrari is about a tenth or two quicker than Red Bull on race pace.
    Yeah... but wt he forgot max is behind seb. , I think RB need to give Max “grape juice” . Not enough grape juice in max engine wt he is referring to.
    Max who always see Red car not mercs cars
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance " : - Michael Schumacher

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    The netherlands
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Yeah... but wt he forgot max is behind seb. , I think RB need to give Max “grape juice” . Not enough grape juice in max engine wt he is referring to.
    Max who always see Red car not mercs cars
    Max is behind just 1 point and Ferrari is the better car. Vettel has shown a couple of weak points and Max is taking advantage from it.

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    The netherlands
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    That's because Red Bull has got a much better aero and Ferrari completely opposite so Ferrari's engine advantage is nullified in corners. On pure pace, after the first 4 races, Ferrari is about a tenth or two quicker than Red Bull on race pace.
    Wouldn't say RBR have a much better aero, last year they had. Not this year. Max is just driving better then Vettel and has done so since 2017. Vettel is not driving his best and makes mistakes because he is underpressure from Hamilton and Max.

  16. #136
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    3,715
    This is how I see the whole Seb v Max v Charles comparison.
    There are a lot of similarities between Seb and Max. Both drove for Toro Rossa the junior team before graduating to RB.
    12 years ago 19 year old Sebastian secured a pole position which he converted to a win next day in a Toro Rossa at Monza in 2008. (unheard of before and I don't think it has been repeated by Toro)
    He went on the next year to provide a very close fight with Jenson Button for the championship.
    2010-2014 he was Schumacher esque.
    I like Seb and will not "run him down" but he seems to have "run out of steam" recently maybe affected by the Riccardo whitewash of 2014?????

    On reflection I would say that Seb at Max's age aces him.
    Who is to say that Max will maintain his current speed when he reaches 30 or will he have 4WDCs to his name????
    Time will tell.
    Personally I would like to see Charles and Max race each other.
    At this point in the season I do not want to see team orders even though I acknowledge that they are necessary when a championship is at stake later on in the season.


    Forza Jules

  17. #137
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    4,654
    Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    That's because Red Bull has gota much better aero and Ferrari completely opposite so Ferrari's engine advantage is nullified in corners. On pure pace, after the first 4 races, Ferrari is about a tenth or two quicker than Red Bull on race pace.
    Red Bull themselves admitted about their chassis's shortcomings, and you say Red Bull got better aero than Ferrari!

    But I am not surprised tbh, a Vettel fan boy making ***** up as usual to overhype Vettel and ****ing on Ferrari.

  18. #138
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    4,654
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    We once again agree on drivers ! Remember , Charles is in a Ferrari , Max is in a R Bull making the best of it. I'm not sure about that fastest car in quali. part. Fast yes, fastest? Max's driving made it look that way. Again there's no point in pole pos. It's the race results that add up the points. Lewis has about 85 poles I believe, and he still isn't respected here for his driving. Enjoy the next race !!
    Charles and Max would be the best driver line up, without any doubt. Unfortunately I don't think we will ever see Lewis at Ferrari, but I do hope when Vettel leaves (I hope it's pretty soon), Ferrari will offer Max a contract he can't refuse.

  19. #139
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    918
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Red Bull themselves admitted about their chassis's shortcomings, and you say Red Bull got better aero than Ferrari!

    But I am not surprised tbh, a Vettel fan boy making ***** up as usual to overhype Vettel and ****ing on Ferrari.
    Ever heard about laptimes? Red Bull was 2 tenths slower than Ferrari in China 2019 qualifying and finished 14 seconds behind Ferrari in race (around 2 tenths deficit per lap).

    In Baku, Red Bull was less than 3 tenths slower than Ferrari despite those long straights. In race, Red Bull finished 7 seconds behind Ferrari. Red Bull had issues in first 2 races, they already improved dramatically since China.

    It's always a good time to say hello to facts!

  20. #140
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    4,654
    Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Ever heard about laptimes? Red Bull was 2 tenths slower than Ferrari in China 2019 qualifying and finished 14 seconds behind Ferrari in race (around 2 tenths deficit per lap).

    In Baku, Red Bull was less than 3 tenths slower than Ferrari despite those long straights. In race, Red Bull finished 7 seconds behind Ferrari. Red Bull had issues in first 2 races, they already improved dramatically since China.

    It's always a good time to say hello to facts!
    So according to you, finishing 10+ seconds behind Ferrari = better aero...
    And the Honda engine is pretty good, as evident by Toro Rosso's straight line speed in Baku. It's not 50-60Hp behind, like it used to.

    Race pace is pretty much all about maintaining the tyres. It's the qualifying, or more precisely Q3, is the true indication of ultimate pace.

    Show us the actual evidence, like wind tunnel data or CFD data and prove that RB15 is producing more downforce than SF90.

  21. #141
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    918
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    So according to you, finishing 10+ seconds behind Ferrari = better aero...
    And the Honda engine is pretty good, as evident by Toro Rosso's straight line speed in Baku. It's not 50-60Hp behind, like it used to.

    Race pace is pretty much all about maintaining the tyres. It's the qualifying, or more precisely Q3, is the true indication of ultimate pace.

    Show us the actual evidence, like wind tunnel data or CFD data and prove that RB15 is producing more downforce than SF90.
    Red Bull was on pole in Monaco 2016 and Monaco 2018 but was slower on other tracks by more than 10 seconds on race pace, I guess that means Red Bull had less downforce than Mercedes and Ferrari.

  22. #142
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    7,495
    Quote Originally Posted by Formula 1 fan View Post
    Max is behind just 1 point and Ferrari is the better car. Vettel has shown a couple of weak points and Max is taking advantage from it.
    Ferrari better car on straight line speed? chassis ? Aero ??

    Baku, China, Baku engine related tracks ferrari did outqualify RB.
    Pitty that we are talking RB now, where we should be talking abt mercs.

    2017 ferrari won Monaco, Hungary n few other because their chassis & aero was good. Wt was missing is top speed.
    2018 they did overcome that by sacrificing aero.

    Now In 2019, till now we can see ferrari hold engine advantage. Need to check ferrari performance on tracks where aero is the talking point. Then we can judge.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance " : - Michael Schumacher

  23. #143
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    4,654
    Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Red Bull was on pole in Monaco 2016 and Monaco 2018 but was slower on other tracks by more than 10 seconds on race pace, I guess that means Red Bull had less downforce than Mercedes and Ferrari.
    And Ferrari were 1-2 in 2017, but we are talking about RB15 and SF90, you know, the 2019 cars?

    No wonder, you, as always, posting nonsense stuffs here and can't back up your claim when challenged. After all, it's a form of intellectual honesty that a person who makes a claim ought back it up when challenged, or else admit that they cannot substantiate their claim.

    I will say it again, show us the wind tunnel/CFD data.

  24. #144
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    7,495
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    And Ferrari were 1-2 in 2017, but we are talking about RB15 and SF90, you know, the 2019 cars?

    No wonder, you, as always, posting nonsense stuffs here and can't back up your claim when challenged. After all, it's a form of intellectual honesty that a person who makes a claim ought back it up when challenged, or else admit that they cannot substantiate their claim.

    I will say it again, show us the wind tunnel/CFD data.
    Need to check RB & Ferrari performance on aero tracks. Which would give better idea of car characteristics.
    Till now out of 4 races, 3 are engine related tracks. Ferrari did hold advantage.

    Charles would have been ahead of vettel & max if not technical issue at Bahrain & crash in Baku.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance " : - Michael Schumacher

  25. #145
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    4,654
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Need to check RB & Ferrari performance on aero tracks. Which would give better idea of car characteristics.
    Till now out of 4 races, 3 are engine related tracks. Ferrari did hold advantage.

    Charles would have been ahead of vettel & max if not technical issue at Bahrain & crash in Baku.
    Every single track is engine related, so don't know what you or chinmay are trying to prove here.

    China was aero track, so was Bahrain, Australia and Baku. Just because a track has long straight, doesn't mean teams will set up their car for that particular straight and sacrifice rest of the track. Ultimate lap time comes from downforce.

    Only track where engine power makes a difference is Monza.

    So Chinmay needs to back up his claim with solid evidence aka. wind tunnel/CFD data. Posting non relevant stuffs like 2016/2018 Monaco GP not gonna cut it.

  26. #146
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,209
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Charles and Max would be the best driver line up, without any doubt. Unfortunately I don't think we will ever see Lewis at Ferrari, but I do hope when Vettel leaves (I hope it's pretty soon), Ferrari will offer Max a contract he can't refuse.
    The best line up for sure! And just think about it, Max doesn't need a #1,#2 status written in his contract. Plus anywhere near what Seb gets paid will do the trick, signed on the dotted line! Also the contract should allow Max to pick his own tires each race !!
    A few more Bottas poles and wins; who knows what Lewis will do? Just joking!

  27. #147
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    918
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    And Ferrari were 1-2 in 2017, but we are talking about RB15 and SF90, you know, the 2019 cars?

    No wonder, you, as always, posting nonsense stuffs here and can't back up your claim when challenged. After all, it's a form of intellectual honesty that a person who makes a claim ought back it up when challenged, or else admit that they cannot substantiate their claim.

    I will say it again, show us the wind tunnel/CFD data.
    I am the chairman of Ferrari, can easily give you wind tunnel data.

    A few hours ago, I told my good friend Binotto that tifosi1993 was asking for wind tunnel data because he thinks Ferrari is very slow in slow corners despite having lots of downforce. Me and Binotto had quite a laugh on your ignorance.

  28. #148
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    918
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    how us the actual evidence, like wind tunnel data or CFD data and prove that RB15 is producing more downforce than SF90.
    Your logic:


  29. #149
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    4,654
    Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Your logic:


    Slow in slow speed corner = lack of downforce, nothing to do with mechanical grip
    But fast in high speed corner = !?

    Dude you're about as sharp as a bowling ball. Next you'd be saying earth is flat.

    PF1 forum is a much better place for you, you can post as many BS as you like there and use meme's to defend your claim.

  30. #150
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    4,654
    Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    I am the chairman of Ferrari, can easily give you wind tunnel data.

    A few hours ago, I told my good friend Binotto that tifosi1993 was asking for wind tunnel data because he thinks Ferrari is very slow in slow corners despite having lots of downforce. Me and Binotto had quite a laugh on your ignorance.
    I guess Trump is your buddy too.

    You have nothing to back up your claim, as expected.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •