Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Results 211 to 223 of 223

Thread: Vettel or Leclerc

  1. #211
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    First you need to ask Max to learn some qualifying skills from Seb. Had 4 years to become the youngest ever pole sitter and beat Seb's record but failed every single time despite having fastest car in qualifying on multiple occasions last of which came in Mexico 2018 when his teammate Danny Ric stole pole from him at the very last moment. Unless you are happy with his 5 wins all his 21 years life of course.
    But Max destroyed Riccardo in Race. Verstappen is also youngest Gp winner. Do you remember 2014 how bad Sebastian looks against Riccardo.

  2. #212
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    6,892
    Quote Originally Posted by Noquarter View Post
    But Max destroyed Riccardo in Race. Verstappen is also youngest Gp winner. Do you remember 2014 how bad Sebastian looks against Riccardo.
    ultimately Max initial year with RB against DR scored less pts.
    Max when in TR, got outscored by sainz & KVYAT (if i'm not wrong).
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance " : - Michael Schumacher

  3. #213
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    761
    Quote Originally Posted by Noquarter View Post
    But Max destroyed Riccardo in Race. Verstappen is also youngest Gp winner. Do you remember 2014 how bad Sebastian looks against Riccardo.
    There is hardly anyone who thinks that Ricciardo is a better driver than Seb. Horner and Marko themselves don't rate Ricciardo much. In 2015, everyone in the paddock was asked to put their dream team consisting of best 2 drivers of all time along with best team principal and best car. They could pick any car from any team, any team principal and any driver in history. The pairing chosen by Helmut Marko was Ayrton Senna and Sebastian Vettel. The pairing chosen by Christian Horner was Nigel Mansell and Sebastian Vettel. As you can see, Red Bull themselves don't believe Ricciardo was any close to Seb let alone better. Franz Tost, team principal of Toro Rosso said the best driver they ever had was Vettel and he put Ricciardo last on the list. Now these are the guys who have worked with both Ric and Vet.

  4. #214
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Slovenia, Maribor
    Posts
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    There is hardly anyone who thinks that Ricciardo is a better driver than Seb. Horner and Marko themselves don't rate Ricciardo much. In 2015, everyone in the paddock was asked to put their dream team consisting of best 2 drivers of all time along with best team principal and best car. They could pick any car from any team, any team principal and any driver in history. The pairing chosen by Helmut Marko was Ayrton Senna and Sebastian Vettel. The pairing chosen by Christian Horner was Nigel Mansell and Sebastian Vettel. As you can see, Red Bull themselves don't believe Ricciardo was any close to Seb let alone better. Franz Tost, team principal of Toro Rosso said the best driver they ever had was Vettel and he put Ricciardo last on the list. Now these are the guys who have worked with both Ric and Vet.
    Romours were Seb had a performance clause that year, something about if he finished better than third in WDC he couldnt join other team and in this case Ferrari. RBR is usually treating their leaving drivers very bad, have amazing engine blowups, never saw so many mechanical issues on that car which Seb had that year, Australia, Monaco, Austria,Spain and many issues that accured. If Seb was driving at its best, he would easily have Ricciardo in the pocket.

    In the meantime, Danil Kvyat is better than Ricci because he beat him fair and squar in one year. All hail our new king Danil a future WDC in the making.

    https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/24182/9502143

  5. #215
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    205
    Vettlel is a driver like Alberto Ascari once. When the car is fast and has competitors behind it is unstoppable. But when he is under pressure, he will make horrible mistakes. And it loses motivation.

  6. #216
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,888
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    ultimately Max initial year with RB against DR scored less pts.
    Max when in TR, got outscored by sainz & KVYAT (if i'm not wrong).
    That's a great way of looking at Max for sure. His initial year against DR compared with the final years, Max's great driving is what got DR to tale a walk! Who would you rather see in red, DR or Max now? Also the TR days compared to now days! Unfortunately in Sebs case he's in reverse so far. From RB 4 WDCs to missing podiums to Max no less.

  7. #217
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    6,892
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    That's a great way of looking at Max for sure. His initial year against DR compared with the final years, Max's great driving is what got DR to tale a walk! Who would you rather see in red, DR or Max now? Also the TR days compared to now days! Unfortunately in Sebs case he's in reverse so far. From RB 4 WDCs to missing podiums to Max no less.
    max 2 podium finishes to Vettel 1. Season is not over. There are long races ahead.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance " : - Michael Schumacher

  8. #218
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,888
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    max 2 podium finishes to Vettel 1. Season is not over. There are long races ahead.
    And Seb has Max By 1 PT. in the driver standings. As you say; the season is far from over! The Seb , Charles combo driving Ferraris for sure will not let R Bull get ahead of them.

  9. #219
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,275
    Honestly, the Vettel-Leclerc-Verstappen rivalry is the only thing that's going to keep me watching this season. If our drivers get a win or podium, it's sauce (not gravy).
    Last edited by Giallo 550; 17th May 2019 at 11:48.


    Disappointed Since 2010

  10. #220
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    3,611
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    the season is far from over! The Seb , Charles combo driving Ferraris for sure will not let R Bull get ahead of them.
    I'll drink to that. And my heart says maybe we will catch Merc boys yet.


    Forza Jules

  11. #221
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    .
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    There is hardly anyone who thinks that Ricciardo is a better driver than Seb. Horner and Marko themselves don't rate Ricciardo much. In 2015, everyone in the paddock was asked to put their dream team consisting of best 2 drivers of all time along with best team principal and best car. They could pick any car from any team, any team principal and any driver in history. The pairing chosen by Helmut Marko was Ayrton Senna and Sebastian Vettel. The pairing chosen by Christian Horner was Nigel Mansell and Sebastian Vettel. As you can see, Red Bull themselves don't believe Ricciardo was any close to Seb let alone better. Franz Tost, team principal of Toro Rosso said the best driver they ever had was Vettel and he put Ricciardo last on the list. Now these are the guys who have worked with both Ric and Vet.

    They might want to watch the races. Vettel makes more errors in a season than Ricciardo has in his career.

  12. #222
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,888
    O K ! So will that former Seb please come back ! Where are you? Ferrari needs you; now!!!!

  13. #223
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    761
    Quote Originally Posted by Infi24r View Post
    They might want to watch the races. Vettel makes more errors in a season than Ricciardo has in his career.
    Ricciardo is a B grade driver, he is not too quick and not title worthy. Besides his mistake almost cost Vettel world title in Abu Dhabi 2012 when he started weaving erratically behind safety car and cost Vettel part of his front wing. Ricciardo = Bottas = Rosberg = Hulkenberg = Perez these are B grade drivers. Seb, Max, Charles, Lewis form the A grade.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •