Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Vettel or Leclerc

Vettel or Leclerc

Who is the number 1 driver at Ferrari. We do not need team orders. We need victories and competiveness.

This is going to go well. In before the lock.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by lzammit View Post
    Who is the number 1 driver at Ferrari. We do not need team orders. We need victories and competiveness.
    we all know Vetal is the #1 driver.....it's in his contract; Leclerc is second fiddle....aka #2
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Charlie could ignore whatever they tell him before and during the race BUT that could create tension with Seb which is what we don't need.

Currently, Charlie's "stock-value" is high so it's not like going to a top tier team would be an issue SHOULD he go "rogue" and dominate.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by lzammit View Post
    Nice first post. Took only 15 years.

I agree, team orders only when driver has no mathematical chance to win WDC .

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post

jeez, i never even noticed that....guy joined in 2004 and this is his first post?? wow.....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

ah 2004, those were the days..

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    ah 2004, those were the days..
    ahh yes, 2004. Loved the cars and loved how you could get up at 3 AM to watch the race half sleeping. Nowadays you watch half a race and fall a sleep at 3 PM.

On topic: Difficult to say, contractually Vettel is the nr1, but Leclerc is already showing to be on his level. Vettel has become a little bit unsettled since 2014 when he didn't have the best car anymore. I'd say let them race equally for couple of races and if Vettel doesn't show he is clearly better they should give Leclerc priority, but it could be to late.

Quote Originally Posted by Formula 1 fan View Post
    ahh yes, 2004. Loved the cars and loved how you could get up at 3 AM to watch the race half sleeping. Nowadays you watch half a race and fall a sleep at 3 PM.

On topic: Difficult to say, contractually Vettel is the nr1, but Leclerc is already showing to be on his level. Vettel has become a little bit unsettled since 2014 when he didn't have the best car anymore. I'd say let them race equally for couple of races and if Vettel doesn't show he is clearly better they should give Leclerc priority, but it could be to late.
    ...especially if we see another Merc 1-2 finish.....i truly hope NOT

If a driver starts the season as the "Let him pass #2 driver", and obeys, how can he have a mathematical chance to win WDC? The only way around that math is for the driver to shut his radio and drive at his " Max... imum ! Charles has what it takes to bring the WCC to Ferrari along with Seb if the team just think points and only points. The F-1 drivers pay is too good for sure. Points scored should be in the contract as to the pay check. Not move over when told, and still make a few million! And after all is said and done , no WDC, no WCC ? It's supposed to be Ferrari not Merc every year WCC.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    ...especially if we see another Merc 1-2 finish.....i truly hope NOT
    I truly hope Mercedes have a difficult race and won't mind a Ferrari 1-2 just to spice up the championship. But I hope Max will win this race and Ferrari get a 2-3.

I truly hope Mercedes have a difficult race and won't mind a Ferrari 1-2 just to spice up the championship. But I hope Max will win this race and Ferrari get a 2-3.
    mmmm why??? i'd rather have a ferrari 1-2 and max third spot.....NOT seeing any Merc on the podium woudl be sooooooooo much sweater

mmmm why??? i'd rather have a ferrari 1-2 and max third spot.....NOT seeing any Merc on the podium woudl be sooooooooo much sweater
    A Max win here and there along with podiums will bring it closer to deciding on a Charles ,Max team @ Ferrari! With no team orders! A beautiful 5 years or more with Ferrari back at the WCC !!!

Because I am a Max and Hamilton fan actually. . Max is probably the only driver that can beat Hamilton in equallish cars. But Mercedes behind Both Ferrari's and RBR would be a could weekend. Excitement is more important to me.

Cruel thing, I am Seb fan and i have to say Lewis is a better driver than Seb. No shame one has to be the better and driver with more quality. Seb on his day is untouchable, but in a car that lacks rear traction he struggles more as Lewis. Lewis can drive any car and has shown he is much better than Alonso.
    Last edited by Vettel165; 25th April 2019 at 20:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Lewis can drive any car and has shown he is much better than Alonso.
    Yeah, he was driving any car right into Massa's Ferrari while Alonso was in the title hunt.

Disappointed Since 2010

Because I am a Max and Hamilton fan actually. . Max is probably the only driver that can beat Hamilton in equallish cars. But Mercedes behind Both Ferrari's and RBR would be a could weekend. Excitement is more important to me.
    Gee, nothing like coming onto a Ferrari fan site and having someone openly swooning about their love for Hamilton and Verstappen.

Makes me feel all gooey inside as a tifoso, I must say.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Lewis can drive any car and has shown he is much better than Alonso.
    Are you sure? I would love to see him and Seb drive the same car..............no I do not want him in our team but I wonder how good they would be in each others car? I reckon Seb would enjoy a drive in the Merc whereas Lewis may find the ferrari difficult to handle.
    Do you remember Lewis and Button at Macca? Jenson held his own with team mate Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    A Max win here and there along with podiums will bring it closer to deciding on a Charles ,Max team @ Ferrari! With no team orders! A beautiful 5 years or more with Ferrari back at the WCC !!!
    When Seb retires I would like to see Charles partner one of the new young guns maybe Giovinazzi will step up.
    Last edited by racingbradley; 25th April 2019 at 22:57.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Vittorio View Post
    Gee, nothing like coming onto a Ferrari fan site and having someone openly swooning about their love for Hamilton and Verstappen.

Makes me feel all gooey inside as a tifoso, I must say.
    I'm sure the swooning will switch to Seb as soon as he starts driving like Lewis and Max. Seb has a better car than Max for sure. Lewis can be beat, Bottas did it recently. Ferrari fans want first and foremost a WCC win. The races are great to watch. A Ferrari fan is allowed I believe to enjoy the F-1 races and admit to whose on 1st. If Ferrari comes across, even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Yeah, he was driving any car right into Massa's Ferrari while Alonso was in the title hunt.
    you mean in 2007 in Montreal??? that was kimi he rammed in the pitlane

We all know that Leclerc is the future champion. Let him race and it could happen this year. If not he is well prepared for 2020. Seb is old news.

Quote Originally Posted by Lega Verde View Post
    We all know that Leclerc is the future champion. Let him race and it could happen this year. If not he is well prepared for 2020. Seb is old news.
    yup, SEB IS DONE....done like dinner

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Do you remember Lewis and Button at Macca? Jenson held his own with team mate Lewis
    and Rosberg too, but I don`t mean that Lewis is a bad driver, maybe we see him in Ferrari soon, who knows

I don't think that Leclerc will be a future champion at Ferrari. I think Vettel will be replaced with Mick Schumacher and than he will be number 1 again. That's how things works with the scuderia.

Of course Seb isn't on the level of Max or Hamilton. To get there, he must lower his driving standards and Seb is least interested in that, Folky.
    Last edited by chinmay; 26th April 2019 at 06:25.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Of course Seb isn't on the level of Max or Hamilton. To get there, he must lower his driving standards and Seb is least interested in that, Folky.
    I know you are the biggest and most blind Vettel fanboy around the internet, but if Vettel is above Max and Hamilton's level, why didn't he win the title last year?
    Why is Max in a slower RBR ahead of Vettel right now? 3 races in and Vettel has already made 1 mistake that cost him the win. Last year he made 3 mistakes that cost him a win and the title.

So explain to me how Vettel is better then Max and Hamilton?

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Of course Seb isn't on the level of Max or Hamilton. To get there, he must raise his driving standards and Seb is least interested in that, Folky.

I know you are the biggest and most blind Vettel fanboy around the internet, but if Vettel is above Max and Hamilton's level, why didn't he win the title last year?
    Why is Max in a slower RBR ahead of Vettel right now? 3 races in and Vettel has already made 1 mistake that cost him the win. Last year he made 3 mistakes that cost him a win and the title.

So explain to me how Vettel is better then Max and Hamilton?
    Oh yeah the same way plz explain from where max is ahead of vettel ???

Max made mistakes too which did cost him win ex: China GP if u want me to remind I’ll give couple of other races too ...!! Now tell me how max is ahead of vettel

Ah why are we even arguing? Maldonado is the best driver that ever raced in f1, end of the story.