Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Vettel or Leclerc

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Its 3-1 for Seb in qualy and race...
    Charles was much faster in the final stint in Australia and was toldnto hold position. People, even you, have to be realistic about that.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Charles was much faster in the final stint in Australia and was toldnto hold position. People, even you, have to be realistic about that.
    He was, but why? He had 14 laps younger tyres than Seb, which makes for an very big difference.

where is the nearest shell service station

Who said perfect? Will we post videos of Seb's title throwing away mistakes also?
    Forza Ferrari

So what you're saying is that Vettel is about as good now as Alonso was when he was in his early twenties?

I'm pretty sure Vettel made more mistakes in the second half of last year than Alonso made during his entire tenure with Ferrari. Not to mention the fact that his car wasn't anywhere near as competitive. Alonso, who I rate higher than Hamilton, would have won the championship last year.

Disappointed Since 2010

Vettel or Leclerc

Pretty poor way of defending Vettel, funny you had to go back like 15 years to find these. Try finding Vettel’s, you’ll get more videos from 2018 alone

Anyone else notice the OP dipped in for two controversial posts and bounced?

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    So what you're saying is that Vettel is about as good now as Alonso was when he was in his early twenties?

I'm pretty sure Vettel made more mistakes in the second half of last year than Alonso made during his entire tenure with Ferrari. Not to mention the fact that his car wasn't anywhere near as competitive. Alonso, who I rate higher than Hamilton, would have won the championship last year.
    Vettel is never ahead of Alonso. Until n unless he wins the championship with ferrari. Equation remains the same.
    Ham & vettel best qualifiers. Alonso a perfect race craft.
    To me I rate Alonso more than Ham, even to an extent of level with Schumi.

Alonso, Ham, Vettel this is the order. Ham won his 1st WDC title with tough fight between him & Massa. But still the championship fight was not between any champion driver. Rest of the 4 titles came with fastest car, just like Vettel.

Where as Alonso, he fought with a true racer Schumi who already was a legend. It was tough battle between him & Schumi.
    Coming top against him is something & everyone’s knew about 2010-14 era.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Vettel is never ahead of Alonso. Until n unless he wins the championship with ferrari. Equation remains the same.

Alonso, Ham, Vettel this is the order. Ham won his 1st WDC title with tough fight between him & Massa. But still the championship fight was not between any champion driver. Rest of the 4 titles came with fastest car, just like Vettel.

Where as Alonso, he fought with a true racer Schumi who already was a legend. It was tough battle between him & Schumi.
    I agree completely, although I don't have any problem with his ability to qualify. He destroyed Massa and Raikkonen.

Disappointed Since 2010

Alonso was not bad, but he made many wrong decisions, if he stayed at Mclaren he would be at least 3-4 WDC by now. He was probably best on the grid until the end 2018, I can accept that, but you made your own luck.

On pure race craft Alonso was the best and his ability to be great in high-pressure situations. On his peak he was probably the fastest driver post Schumi era on the race day.
    Peak V8 Seb Vettel was probably really the best qualifier beside Lewis on the grid. Both made some spectacular performances.

Its very true, that in the new V6, Seb never found his RBR form again. He loved the old-style cars. He had some signs of his major comeback in 2015,2017, first part of 2018, but thats about it.
    Last edited by Vettel165; 30th April 2019 at 18:23.

Yep. I try not to answer those kinda-of posts (directly) unless it's a regular/veteran poster. I've seen some pop in and out and then hardly hear from them again. Just my personal preference.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Alonso was not bad, but he made many wrong decisions, if he stayed at Mclaren he would be at least 3-4 WDC by now. He was probably best on the grid until the end 2018, I can accept that, but you made your own luck.

On pure race craft Alonso was the best and his ability to be great in high-pressure situations. On his peak he was probably the fastest driver post Schumi era on the race day.
    Peak V8 Seb Vettel was probably really the best qualifier beside Lewis on the grid. Both made some spectacular performances.

Its very true, that in the new V6, Seb never found his RBR form again. He loved the old-style cars. He had some signs of his major comeback in 2015,2017, first part of 2018, but thats about it.
    I would agree with this.

Put Lewis in a less dominant car and we would probably see the same thing from a mental aspect.

Ricciardo is starting to show signs of mental weakness.

Alonso just keeps at it no matter what the drive is. He's mentally strong in any motorsport. Unfortunately that comes with a price when hiring him.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post

True.

whos OP?
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Pretty poor way of defending Vettel, funny you had to go back like 15 years to find these. Try finding Vettel’s, you’ll get more videos from 2018 alone
    Thats true. You can literally count the mistakes Alonso made in his ferrari stint on one hand. Sigh, what a driver he was.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I would agree with this.

Put Lewis in a less dominant car and we would probably see the same thing from a mental aspect.

Ricciardo is starting to show signs of mental weakness.

Alonso just keeps at it no matter what the drive is. He's mentally strong in any motorsport. Unfortunately that comes with a price when hiring him.
    I would rephrase that and say put Hamilton with a teammate who is equal to him and you will see the skeletons crawling out of the closet. Right now (and with Nico) he knows he can beat his teammate. Soundly. Plus the extra padding of 5 WDC, keeps him calm. I doubt he has anywhere close to the mental fortitude of Alonso or Schumi.

I thought the same about Ricciardo too. I dont know if its mental weakness or just frustration with a dog of a car, but the cracks are showing.
    Silently, like a shadow

May be Vettel165 is the real Vettel.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    whos OP?
    OP stands for "original poster"i.e. the person that started this thread. Joined in 2004 and posted his 1st msg and thread. Then posted a 2nd msg and have not seen any other msg.

Copy??

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    OP stands for "original poster"i.e. the person that started this thread. Joined in 2004 and posted his 1st msg and thread. Then posted a 2nd msg and have not seen any other msg.

Copy??
    yup. i get the drift.
    Silently, like a shadow

After so much Vettel shilling you completely managed to recover your stocks with this post.
    Proud of you

The young guy in his fourth start at Ferrari equals or even overtakes a four-fold world champion. This is not good for Sebastian. Charles will be better and better with each race.

He was, but why? He had 14 laps younger tyres than Seb, which makes for an very big difference.

https://i.postimg.cc/xTRmgCKr/Brez-naslova.pngwhere is the nearest shell service station
    You are joking, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Noquarter View Post
    The young guy in his fourth start at Ferrari equals or even overtakes a four-fold world champion. This is not good for Sebastian. Charles will be better and better with each race.
    Ferrari should tell Seb they painted his former R Bull car Ferrari red for the next race and see if that trick helps.

A great choice for a short stay in Esperance.

Until our car is able to outperform the opposition or be in position to challenge consistently, it's moot talking about who the lead driver should be. At the moment we are not quite there.
    Until we are, VET as 4x WDC should logically be given some sort of priority, otherwise why pay him so much. LEC is fast otherwise we wouldn't have signed him, but he is still learning, and needs to be patient and play the team game for now. Squabbling over the minor placings (if that's the right expression for P3-P6) is not helpful at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Ferrari should tell Seb they painted his former R Bull car Ferrari red for the next race and see if that trick helps.
    lol good one!

or maybe Ferrari could paint Seb's car dark blue..
    or hire Guillaume Rocquelin to be Seb's race engineer..
    or ask Seb to drink a couple cans of Red Bull before each race..

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Yeah that’s wt max always sees red car only to hit them & his team principal too “grape juice smell”.

Ferrari fans seen to enjoy saving last years news paper reading it over and over with new interpretations everyday. Vettel has lost a step mentally, he can't win with lesser equipment like greats of the past and Max. Give Leclerc the best equipment and number one driver perks now he's the future with a mental edge, if you want him to out run Max let him drive like Max or Max will eat your lunch for 5 more years.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX132 View Post
    Until our car is able to outperform the opposition or be in position to challenge consistently, it's moot talking about who the lead driver should be. At the moment we are not quite there.
    Until we are, VET as 4x WDC should logically be given some sort of priority, otherwise why pay him so much. LEC is fast otherwise we wouldn't have signed him, but he is still learning, and needs to be patient and play the team game for now. Squabbling over the minor placings (if that's the right expression for P3-P6) is not helpful at this time.
    I'd rather not lose Leclerc to Mercedes before we get to that point. Here's Senator Palpatine already trying to lead young Skywalker to the dark side:

f4vwgfa9vtu21.jpg

If that happens, then Ferrari need Verstappen.

Disappointed Since 2010

This is why I like Seb, a humble, down to earth guy.

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...t-anerkennung/

Quote Originally Posted by mokicruz View Post
    Ferrari fans seen to enjoy saving last years news paper reading it over and over with new interpretations everyday. Vettel has lost a step mentally, he can't win with lesser equipment like greats of the past and Max. Give Leclerc the best equipment and number one driver perks now he's the future with a mental edge, if you want him to out run Max let him drive like Max or Max will eat your lunch for 5 more years.
    Like the greats of the past or Max?? Who the **** is Max?! Loool

Quote Originally Posted by T99 View Post
    Like the greats of the past or Max?? Who the **** is Max?! Loool
    He's the driver Seb needs to be as good as. Wins and podium points! No Poles required!!