Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Vettel or Leclerc

Yup, Leclerc's performance in Singapore last year was pretty impressive, definitely one of his best races driving for Sauber. I think he out-qualified Ericsson by 7 or 8 tenths and finished P9 behind Sainz's Renault.

The positive thing about a front-row start in Singapore is that if one of our cars got there and then took the start, so long as there's a gap to P6/P7 sufficient to come in before an undercut or a safety car situation within the pit window - the others would be stuck behind our fast top-end car all race long with nowhere to go. The mediums would easily make 45 laps or so around there no problem and under those temperatures, fried softs will make it impossible to overcut anyone who's got clean air.

Maybe a 20 % chance of a front row for us, a 10 % chance of a front-row taking the start, and a 5 % chance of holding it off, but if anyone could do it, I wouldn't bet against Charles in that situation to pull a rabbit out of a hat. We could be 0.7 s/lap slower in race trim and still win so long as the qualifying lap and the start are electric enough.

A shame that we dont see the peak Seb 2009-2013, 2015,2017 now in this days. I am sure he would be amazing and brought already 3-4 wins now in this season. Well its life, and racing, drivers come and go, and the memories always remains.

This is peak Seb mate. Its just that car is not WDC contender. Every. Single. One of his RB cars was comfortably best (perhaps 2012 it was close with MCL) and he took it to last race to win with these in 2 years of winning WDC. He would not have Hamiltons advantage if he drove Merc in 17/18', that much is clear. He makes far, far too many mistakes to win with not outright fastest car.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    A shame that we dont see the peak Seb 2009-2013, 2015,2017 now in this days. I am sure he would be amazing and brought already 3-4 wins now in this season. Well its life, and racing, drivers come and go, and the memories always remains.
    Which is why I’m a WCC guy first and a WDC guy second
    Having said that, let Ferrari win both in 2020. I can see that, clearly. Get it?

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    This is peak Seb mate. Its just that car is not WDC contender. Every. Single. One of his RB cars was comfortably best (perhaps 2012 it was close with MCL) and he took it to last race to win with these in 2 years of winning WDC. He would not have Hamiltons advantage if he drove Merc in 17/18', that much is clear. He makes far, far too many mistakes to win with not outright fastest car.
    I don't believe it is his peak. He drove outstanding for us in 2015 and first half of 2017. He lost it in the 2nd part of 2017, gained it back in 1st part of 2018 then after Spa he wasn't the same. Got beat by Kimi in the 2nd part of last year and now Charles looks better this year. I would through him in the midfield for 1-2 seasons to get the mojo back and when he is ready get him back.

I dont buy it. Kimi was at Ferrari for 5 years
    . In these 5 years he got 2 poles and 1 win driving considerably better cars (at least in last 2 years) then Leclerc in his 14 races for Ferrari (where he should have had one more win).

I think 2015 and first half of 2017 flatered Seb duo to driving against Kimi. Put Max (or Ric) there last 2 seasons and they would destroy him.

I forsee ferrari having some real problems for the rest of the time that Vettel and Leclerc are teamed up. Vettel will no longer play nice with Leclrec, and Leclrec has been playing innocent while —— on his team mate the whole season. There is a reason that Hamilton and Bottas do so well, and that Vettel and Kimi did so well the past few years. Look at Norris and Sainz, they are friends and respect each other and the team is benefiting. This in fighting is the one reason no one wanted Alonso. He created the atmosphere Leclerc is creating. No matter how good you are, in todays F1, its a team sport. You need to share data, strategize as a team and team qualify...and team race...
    Last edited by Tifoso; 15th September 2019 at 18:01. Reason: Language

Lol Kimi and Vettel certainly played nice. Kimi was so slow he NEVER took points of Hamilton, while Vettel, even with Kimi "niceness" achieved 0 titles. So what we got to show from this lineup? 0 titles, thats what.

Lol Kimi and Vettel certainly played nice. Kimi was so slow he NEVER took points of Hamilton, while Vettel, even with Kimi "niceness" achieved 0 titles. So what we got to show from this lineup? 0 titles, thats what.
    And even this year we will still have 0 titles. The season was lost back in Barcelona already.

And even this year we will still have 0 titles. The season was lost back in Barcelona already.
    Well, thats because this year we do not have title contender car. Last 2 seasons though? Yea, we should have won 1 title at least. If Ric/Max/Lec where there instead of Kimi, and Vettel made few mistakes less, I guarantee you we would have won at least 2 WCCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    Which is why I’m a WCC guy first and a WDC guy second
    Having said that, let Ferrari win both in 2020. I can see that, clearly. Get it?
    Right with you there !
    Team is always first, the WCC is more important.
    We should support both drivers or, to be precise we should not care who gets #1 as long as it's a red car !
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Right with you there !
    Team is always first, the WCC is more important.
    We should support both drivers or, to be precise we should not care who gets #1 as long as it's a red car !
    Sounds great. Just like in the Schumacher era @ Ferrari !

I forsee ferrari having some real problems for the rest of the time that Vettel and Leclerc are teamed up. Vettel will no longer play nice with Leclrec, and Leclrec has been playing innocent while —— on his team mate the whole season. There is a reason that Hamilton and Bottas do so well, and that Vettel and Kimi did so well the past few years. Look at Norris and Sainz, they are friends and respect each other and the team is benefiting. This in fighting is the one reason no one wanted Alonso. He created the atmosphere Leclerc is creating. No matter how good you are, in todays F1, its a team sport. You need to share data, strategize as a team and team qualify...and team race...
    Exactly how has Charles been ——on his teammate the whole season? By accepting team orders? As for disobeying team orders, vettel showed the way in 2013 in a quite unprecedented move.

Well, thats because this year we do not have title contender car. Last 2 seasons though? Yea, we should have won 1 title at least. If Ric/Max/Lec where there instead of Kimi, and Vettel made few mistakes less, I guarantee you we would have won at least 2 WCCs.
    2017 and 2018 for sure were years Ferrari should have taken the titles. We had the chance, but mostly through inferior driving from our drivers and great performances from Hamilton, we lost those. Extremely dissapointing.
    Last edited by Tifoso; 15th September 2019 at 18:00. Reason: Language

Language fellas

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Nor sebastian nor Charles is bigger than ferrari .Team work with effective communication and an understanding between the two drivers at Ferrari is paramount to any form of sucsess. All other approaches and methods will only lead to conflict and ultimately failure.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Nor sebastian nor Charles is bigger than ferrari .Team work with effective communication and an understanding between the two drivers at Ferrari is paramount to any form of sucsess. All other approaches and methods will only lead to conflict and ultimately failure.
    As long as " Team work " doesn't mean team orders just because Seb is a former champion. Winning now is what makes one driver #1 over the other.

Interesting interview by Binotto today. He still backs Vettel, but says they gonna have to have a talk regarding their goals and future. Said he is still here next year as per contract, but anything can happen till spring.

I'm thinking these 40m spend on him are now looking a bit too much.

Have you had time to think about this post, mate?

I am sure you are hurt by what's being said about Sebastian but let's not get into the realm of fantasy here.

Thanks for the complete disregard for objectivity!

Disappointed Since 2010

ESPN quoted Brawn saying : No matter who the drivers are and regardless of how good things are in the team, your first rival is always your team mate! " Let Michael pass! " No more team mate rivalry. He was and still is along with the midjet two great legends of F-1 !!!

Interesting interview by Binotto today. He still backs Vettel, but says they gonna have to have a talk regarding their goals and future. Said he is still here next year as per contract, but anything can happen till spring.

I'm thinking these 40m spend on him are now looking a bit too much.
    It takes no brains for someone to understand that 2 victories in a row, Monza especially and the way it was achieved, combined with the way Vettel lost his chance for a podium in Monza are more than enough to shift the dynamics in the team.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Binotto; while he's in charge so far; regarding Seb and Ferrari's goals and future : Merc 155 pts . ahead of Ferrari, Lewis 115 pts. ahead of Seb. and Charles, the driver Binotto doesn't want to allow to be the #1 driver "Not Yet!" is 13 pts. ahead of Seb; so far, and has two wins, to Seb's zero. The only stats that are worse than Seb's are Binotto's ! So yeah; it's all because of Down Force !!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Binotto; while he's in charge so far; regarding Seb and Ferrari's goals and future : Merc 155 pts . ahead of Ferrari, Lewis 115 pts. ahead of Seb. and Charles, the driver Binotto doesn't want to allow to be the #1 driver "Not Yet!" is 13 pts. ahead of Seb; so far, and has two wins, to Seb's zero. The only stats that are worse than Seb's are Binotto's ! So yeah; it's all because of Down Force !!
    brilliant
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I'll give Seb Canada, since at least Maranello did.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I'll give Seb Canada, since at least Maranello did.
    That guy won’t give even if vettel win any of the race this season. Becoz of Mad max fury in his mind

Totally disagree. Lec never disrespected the team orders nor he’s spoiling the team.
    He’s doing what he has to do, proving himself that he’s a championship contender not a no.2 driver.
    It’s just vettel needs to up his game, ferrari should give him a strong car. Currently he’s pushing too hard & fighting with rear-end of the car to find the grip n making mistakes. Need to admit it.
    Next year gonna be make or break for him if ferrari produces a strong car. But I still feel, he Can deliver the championship with ferrari & Leclerc too. So it’s exciting season next year.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Totally disagree. Lec never disrespected the team orders nor he’s spoiling the team.
    He’s doing what he has to do, proving himself that he’s a championship contender not a no.2 driver.
    It’s just vettel needs to up his game, ferrari should give him a strong car. Currently he’s pushing too hard & fighting with rear-end of the car to find the grip n making mistakes. Need to admit it.
    Next year gonna be make or break for him if ferrari produces a strong car. But I still feel, he Can deliver the championship with ferrari & Leclerc too. So it’s exciting season next year.
    Yup
    Vettel needs a good car. Leclerc driving same car, with w’s, though.
    Give them both a winner for next year and may the best man win.
    Drive with ——s. That’s all I ask. Oh, the WCC first obviously

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    Yup
    Vettel needs a good car. Leclerc driving same car, with w’s, though.
    Give them both a winner for next year and may the best man win.
    Drive with ——s. That’s all I ask. Oh, the WCC first obviously
    Few drivers will drive the car with less sensitive. They adapt to the car rather than car coming to them.
    Vettel isn’t in that live, car has to be in his liking zone. Then only he comes alive & unstoppable.
    That’s why I don’t rate him in Schumi, Alonso league. These drivers push like a hell whether car is strong or not, they extract everything from it.

N other point Leclerc too has the same car. Yes, he adapted to it quickly n getting better n better. May be he too is similar to Schumi & alonso who can adapt the car quickly n drive.
    One thing he’s needs to rectify is stop making mistakes, but it’s excusable it’s just his 1st year at ferrari & 2nd yr in F1.

Charles' only mistake; which he quickly corrected was letting Binotto, Ferrari, try to designate him #2 driver. As soon as he snapped out of it and went for the wins without allowing to be held back, he saved Ferrari further embarrassment for 2019 . O K I guess Binotto feels justified trying to make him#2 driver, thinking , whats 2 wins 4 poles, 7 podiums , he has not even 1 WDC . It's his second year in F-1 already.