Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Baku 2019: Practices & Qualifying

Toto is so full of it. With his we are so clever. He just gambled and he got lucky with this strategy.

I'm not sure I can watch the race start, I'm very scared of leclerc getting hit by someone on lap 1. I really really hope he has a good stArt and safe from others.

Good luck Charles and Sebastian!!!

Really upset with Ferrari strategists not the drivers. Over confident and too greedy. Yeah If I am a merc I will just wait for Ferrari to commit mistake. Like a pack of wolves just waiting for their prey.

The silver lining is SC/VSC is sure and hopefully brings us back in the race. And remember Avocado won 2017 GP starting from 10th!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Well, look what wishing for misfortunes brings.

Race is tomorrow, nothing is lost yet.
    So THIS!. I read on IG and in the live stream comments from other Ferrari supporters wishing bad luck for Mercedes/Lewis moments before LeClerc crashed and look what happened, always that negativity with some of out fellow Ferrari supporters and they keep doing it and we keep getting the shorter end.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Then the answers must be found, after all what is the guarantee that Mercedes won't be fastest in 2021 again despite the rule changes? At the moment, the only thing stronger than Mercedes is hope. Hope that Mercedes can and will be defeated. Hope never dies!
    The only hope is another German manufacturer to beat Mercedes is what i believe and preferably Porsche cause i don't see BMW and Audi on Mercedes's level.

2.00-3.20

I have one question to people who blame it’s a wrong strategy by team sending their drivers on Medium tyres.

Without consent from their drivers, did pit wall took the decision of medium tyres in q2???

I don’t think so...!! After analysing all the data from FP’s & drivers info only team will go ahead n make the call.
    If mediums are not the right tyre, then vettel would have said no easily because most of the times he takes decisions individually.

To me mediums were right choice, as it will take 2Laps to get them in working range on cooler conditions.
    Infact Lec got it in his 1st lap itself. Vettel didn’t get them working.

So all in all, it’s ferrari & drivers choice to go ahead with mediums.

I’ve noticed one thing, the outlap of vettel in q3. If he would have stayed back of Renault & Alfa Romeo, Pole was there.
    Here mercs played smartly, they delayed their drivers. Else if u see the pattern they are the first runners to set a quali lap time.

Apparently, strategy is decided without any influence from the drivers.
    Also, you have to bear in mind that a strategy is decided on the available data.

So, it's possible that they believed in the medium tyre. But when conditions changed, due to Kubica's accident, Ferrari did nothing to adapt. And here is the problem I spot. Lack of versatility.

I thought drivers also have their say in tyre choice, or has that changed?

Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    Apparently, strategy is decided without any influence from the drivers.
    Also, you have to bear in mind that a strategy is decided on the available data.

So, it's possible that they believed in the medium tyre. But when conditions changed, due to Kubica's accident, Ferrari did nothing to adapt. And here is the problem I spot. Lack of versatility.
    More appropriate , Mercs ability to think out of the box. Ferrari strategists are confined to the four corners of the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I have one question to people who blame it’s a wrong strategy by team sending their drivers on Medium tyres.

Without consent from their drivers, did pit wall took the decision of medium tyres in q2???

I don’t think so...!! After analysing all the data from FP’s & drivers info only team will go ahead n make the call.
    If mediums are not the right tyre, then vettel would have said no easily because most of the times he takes decisions individually.

To me mediums were right choice, as it will take 2Laps to get them in working range on cooler conditions.

I’ve noticed one thing, the outlap of vettel in q3. If he would have stayed back of Renault & Alfa Romeo, Pole was there.
    Here mercs played smartly, they delayed their drivers. Else if u see the pattern they are the first runners to set a quali lap time.

Spot on the medium tyre strategy would have worked well Infact did work for Leclerc minus the second lap where both him and Seb could have lost their cars in turn 8.

The way merc stopped at the pit exit it is the team that told them to hold on and wait till everyone passes. I was screaming when vettel had Gio ahead of him I'm like this is what he needs a tow of another Ferrari powered car but when he passed him I am like pole is gone! He should have stuck behind it would be enough to get purple in S3.. He did have his best lap of the weekend Q3. He needs to work his ass off for the next races to be as comfortable as leclerc has been in the car otherwise it won't be good for the team. The inner team battle is something that might end up like 2014 that won't help us in both the championships.

Baku turn 1 Seb starting 3rd Lec starting 10th whatever happens I hope they come out untouched in the first lap we can win this race, need the pit crew to really be on their toes this time!

The only hope is another German manufacturer to beat Mercedes is what i believe and preferably Porsche cause i don't see BMW and Audi on Mercedes's level.
    Porsche and Audi will kick Mercs but my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Schumir9 View Post
    Spot on the medium tyre strategy would have worked well Infact did work for Leclerc minus the second lap where both him and Seb could have lost their cars in turn 8.

The way merc stopped at the pit exit it is the team that told them to hold on and wait till everyone passes. I was screaming when vettel had Gio ahead of him I'm like this is what he needs a tow of another Ferrari powered car but when he passed him I am like pole is gone! He should have stuck behind it would be enough to get purple in S3.. He did have his best lap of the weekend Q3. He needs to work his ass off for the next races to be as comfortable as leclerc has been in the car otherwise it won't be good for the team. The inner team battle is something that might end up like 2014 that won't help us in both the championships.

Baku turn 1 Seb starting 3rd Lec starting 10th whatever happens I hope they come out untouched in the first lap we can win this race, need the pit crew to really be on their toes this time!
    Agreed. That’s my point too..!! Mercs on top of the game as a team, where as ferrari is faltering when they have a good weekend.
    Lewis outlined most of the time by saying “ everytime it might not be strongest car that does win, as a team collectively who comes out of top gives you extra performance. That’s what happening with us”.

Lec would have taken pole for sure because of the margin he had over his team mate. Also if Leclerc would have stayed in q3, ferrari would have played similar tactics like mercs.

Anyways quali is done n dusted.

On pure race pace, I don’t see vettel catching mercs. It’s the start & luck factor(SC) which is needed on this track.
    Ferrari don’t have the later. Let’s c how it goes.
    Last edited by nani_s23; 28th April 2019 at 07:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfsmith View Post
    All Porsche and Audi will kick is their own reputation. They are scared of Mercedes hence giving excuses like too expensive, change this, change that. As long as Mercedes is in F1, Porsche and Audi will not enter.

the thinking behind the decision was that, you start on mediums with heavier car and warmer conditions and then where tha car gets lighter and the temperatures drop,you put the softer tires for better grip. It was not a bad decision .
    As for Q3 you just had to make a choice between better tire warm up and a tow. We had a difficultly in warming the tires compare then Mercs in the colder temperatures that's why Seb desired it. He came out behind Gio but made the choice to overtook with so he can prepare the tires better. Being behind also had a lot of risk (the Merc guys said it themselves) because if the guy in front make a mistake and come a lot closer in the middle sector everything will be destroyed. And in front of Mercs where midfield guys . But nothing happened and everything went excellent for the Mercs. IF we had adopted the same strategy with Merc and Sebs lap where ruined by the guy in front we will again smashing the team for this decision because it is very likely a midfield driver to take a mistake in Baku. I dont say that we doesnt make mistake BUT every decision you take has cons and prones. IT it looks like almost every single time , whatever decision Merc takes came on their way so they look like the absolute masters of strategy,and on the other hand whatever we do everything will happen so it will go completely wrong and the we look like ammatures.!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Mercedes have taken the Brawn effect and completely owned the competition in the last 4-5 years, it's a no brainer.

All Porsche and Audi will kick is their own reputation. They are scared of Mercedes hence giving excuses like too expensive, change this, change that. As long as Mercedes is in F1, Porsche and Audi will not enter.
    Ferrari would be 1-2 in qualy if LeClerc hadn't binned his Ferrari in a rookie mistake in the wall, it reminds me of Verstappen 2 years back in Monaco, a lesson well learned, Leclerc will larn when to have margins though, and he is quick, he'll have his time.

Vettels only chance was to get a Mercedes tow(the others are too slow and he'd risk getting in their bad air) and they did not let him. With Leclerc in the game they'd tow each other each try, as the Mercs was lined up, as all teams.

Its a team sport first.

Porsche i have no doubt but Audi ? I doubt it.

Agreed with this. In Germany they all know Mercedes is the No1 manufacturer, hence like you said Audi especially comes with poor excuses as to why not to enter F1.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    the thinking behind the decision was that, you start on mediums with heavier car and warmer conditions and then where tha car gets lighter and the temperatures drop,you put the softer tires for better grip. It was not a bad decision .
    As for Q3 you just had to make a choice between better tire warm up and a tow. We had a difficultly in warming the tires compare then Mercs in the colder temperatures that's why Seb desired it. He came out behind Gio but made the choice to overtook with so he can prepare the tires better. Being behind also had a lot of risk (the Merc guys said it themselves) because if the guy in front make a mistake and come a lot closer in the middle sector everything will be destroyed. And in front of Mercs where midfield guys . But nothing happened and everything went excellent for the Mercs. IF we had adopted the same strategy with Merc and Sebs lap where ruined by the guy in front we will again smashing the team for this decision because it is very likely a midfield driver to take a mistake in Baku. I dont say that we doesnt make mistake BUT every decision you take has cons and prones. IT it looks like almost every single time , whatever decision Merc takes came on their way so they look like the absolute masters of strategy,and on the other hand whatever we do everything will happen so it will go completely wrong and the we look like ammatures.!!!
    Yeah absolutely right...!! The thing is Wtever mercs are playing it’s paying off on the other side ferrari’s Strategies are not working. This where drama is beginning.
    With Italian & other media pressure, everyone one focus is on only ferrari. Why are the failing ? Why team orders ? Who’s the boss ? That’s it .. no other things.

To be clear, ferrari is the only team who challenged/challenging its rivals RB 2010-13, mercs 2014-2019.
    Looks at Williams, Mclaren, RB.

Quote Originally Posted by nhel1te View Post
    Mercedes have taken the Brawn effect and completely owned the competition in the last 4-5 years, it's a no brainer.
    I seriously doubt the Brawn affect, Brawn left years ago already and they are still strong and flexible.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Fortuna View Post
    I seriously doubt the Brawn affect, Brawn left years ago already and they are still strong and flexible.
    Their structure is tight & consistent. No panic. It’s all down to Management & their R&D.

Kimi starting from pitlane. Leclerc starting 8th.

Probably dont have a good feeling for today, seb and verstappen will never go good together. Suspecting a crash into turn one, with ver being agressive on the breaks and seb wont lift. Its just a bad feeling i have sorry guys. Results: easy mercedes win. We just cant catch a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Probably dont have a good feeling for today, seb and verstappen will never go good together. Suspecting a crash into turn one, with ver being agressive on the breaks and seb wont lift. Its just a bad feeling i have sorry guys. Results: easy mercedes win. We just cant catch a break.
    Vettel will have nothing in his heart. But mad max for sure doesn’t like vettel at all more than mercs. So max will not back.
    Even RB get ahead of vettel, I don’t think it will last long given straight line power of ferrari.

Porsche i have no doubt but Audi ? I doubt it.
    Agreed with this. In Germany they all know Mercedes is the No1 manufacturer, hence like you said Audi especially comes with poor excuses as to why not to enter F1.

First, VAG does'nt have the financial resources. It is currently dealing with litigation; "diesel-gate". Second, it would take 3 to 4 years and several billions of dollars, at least, for a full works team to catch up to MB & Ferrari. Thirdly, both Porsche & Audi are more interested in electric. This current hybrid formula in F1 does not suit them.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post

I have'nt seen anything confirming this..yet. His car has an issue with the front wing deflexion...it did not pass
    It's not how start but how you finish.

https://youtu.be/0TelznvcuBg
    Vettel team radio after quali...!! Seems everyone is down.

https://youtu.be/0TelznvcuBg
    Vettel team radio after quali...!! Seems everyone is down.
    Yep, the tone on both ends is "debbie-downer."

Did you here the one with Leclerc?? Yelling and screaming outside of his car.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    Okay, he's been DQ'd. So starting in pit lane.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Yep, the tone on both ends is "debbie-downer."

Did you here the one with Leclerc?? Yelling and screaming outside of his car.
    Yeah ... but the kid just need to stay calm. I think he’s taking pressure on himself to deliver the best against 4,5time WDC.
    He needs to understand that he has lot of time. Be cool & composed, deliver when it matters.

This weekend he was untouchable just like in Bahrain. He himself to be blamed.
    I hope he’ll be stronger in race, with some luck he’s in better position to win.