Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Baku 2019: Practices & Qualifying

Happy Birthday Kvyat!!!

It's looking like Albon will get Gasly's seat??
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Leclerc looking good so far. I just hope we don't see a repeat of Bahrain, Charles leading the race only to be denied by poor reliability

Long runs

Leclerc
    (Soft tyres): 1:48.270-red flag-1:48.959-1:48.907-1:51.423 (pits)
    (medium tyres): 1:49.217-1:47.779

Vettel
    (medium tyres): 1:48.690-red flag-1:50.217-1:49.526-1:53.537-1:47.782-1:50.685-1:47.788-1:47.387-1:47.778

Hamilton
    (Soft tyres): 1:48.465-1:48.285-red flag
    (medium tyres): 1:48.507-1:48.112-1:46.982(DRS) -1:47.257(DRS)-1:48.235-1:46.624(DRS)-1:48.662

Anyone have "race pace" ??!!! Ι saw that there was a lot of traffic and there where a very few good laps but if I heard that in the end Ham did 1:46s and then I saw Lec doing 1:47:7 both on mediums !!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Long runs

Leclerc
    (Soft tyres): 1:48.270-red flag-1:48.959-1:48.907-1:51.423 (pits)
    (medium tyres): 1:49.217-1:47.779

Vettel
    (medium tyres): 1:48.690-red flag-1:50.217-1:49.526-1:53.537-1:47.782-1:50.685-1:47.788-1:47.387-1:47.778

Hamilton
    (Soft tyres): 1:48.465-1:48.285-red flag
    (medium tyres): 1:48.507-1:48.112-1:46.982(DRS) -1:47.257(DRS)-1:48.235-1:46.624(DRS)-1:48.662
    We didn't run drs???
    Our times is without des???
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Happy Birthday Kvyat!!!

It's looking like Albon will get Gasly's seat??
    Wont be surprised at all. Albon has been doing a great job while gasly has completely gone off the boil.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Leclerc looking good so far. I just hope we don't see a repeat of Bahrain, Charles leading the race only to be denied by poor reliability
    I hope not I was almost crying that day. I hope he wins, he is owed one by destiny

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    We didn't run drs???
    Our times is without des???
    Yes, our times are without DRS. Also Vettel was stuck behind Raikkonen for few laps, Leclerc also had traffic.

Yes, our times are without DRS. Also Vettel was stuck behind Raikkonen for few laps, Leclerc also had traffic.
    Sorry to ask you again ,but are you sure about that???
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

We are looking good so far. But this is just Fp2.
    Merc will definitely find some pace by the time we hit quali... question is have we shown our hand yet? I think we might go faster.
    Silently, like a shadow

Sorry to ask you again ,but are you sure about that???
    I am...unless the live timing and the live footage lied...

I am...unless the live timing and the live footage lied...
    I saw Vet using it when he was behind Rai (probably to try to overtake him) but didn't saw them on their "good" laps, neither the Mercs. Is it logical to earn 1+ sec on drs??And if we accept that this are the correct lap times,is it possible that we are about 0,5 s / lap faster then Mercs ??!!!
    Don't take me wrong, I m asking you because I'm desperate to beleave those times
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

I saw Vet using it when he was behind Rai (probably to try to overtake him) but didn't saw them on their "good" laps, neither the Mercs. Is it logical to earn 1+ sec on drs??And if we accept that this are the correct lap times,is it possible that we are about 0,5 s / lap faster then Mercs ??!!!
    Don't take me wrong, I m asking you because I'm desperate to beleave those times
    Raikkonen was also using DRS to stay ahead of Vettel, so Vettel had to slow down for a gap. And Leclerc was right behind Vettel so he also had to slow down.

And you can see how much Ham's lap times jumped up and down. From 1m48's to 1m46's/1m47's, and it's only possible with DRS on the straight. Also when Hamilton did 1:46.624 his S3 was 7 tenths faster than Leclerc, which is again, only possible with DRS.

So yeah...our long run pace looks good but tbh, I wouldn't put too much attention. Friday long run pace != actual race pace.

Raikkonen was also using DRS to stay ahead of Vettel, so Vettel had to slow down for a gap. And Leclerc was right behind Vettel so he also had to slow down.

And you can see how much Ham's lap times jumped up and down. From 1m48's to 1m46's/1m47's, and it's only possible with DRS on the straight. Also when Hamilton did 1:46.624 his S3 was 7 tenths faster than Leclerc, which is again, only possible with DRS.

So yeah...our long run pace looks good but tbh, I wouldn't put too much attention. Friday long run pace != actual race pace.
    Thanks a lot!!!
    I know that evrythnig can very easily change tomorrow and Sunday, but this year the trend is Friday's picture to more or less confirmed!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Thanks a lot!!!
    I know that evrythnig can very easily change tomorrow and Sunday, but this year the trend is Friday's picture to more or less confirmed!!!

Hi, do someone know the sector times ?

Quote Originally Posted by Smintlemon View Post
    Hi, do someone know the sector times ?
    Our dear tifosi put them before!!

Leclerc vs Vettel vs Ham (fastest sectors)

Sector 1: 36.095 vs 36.380 vs 36.246
    Sector 2: 41.416 vs 41.601 vs 41.906
    Sector 3: 25.361 vs 25.313 vs 25.229
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Also the laps got quicker and quicker lap from lap. Leclerc set his fastest lap time on his third flying lap, Seb and the Mercedes guys just set two. When Seb, Leclerc were on there second lap (equal fuel, tyres), Seb was 0,180 s faster than him. We will see tomorrow. Looks like our updates work, would love a onboard lap of todays fastest lap, to see if our low speed corners traction is improved.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Also the laps got quicker and quicker lap from lap. Leclerc set his fastest lap time on his third flying lap, Seb and the Mercedes guys just set two. When Seb, Leclerc were on there second lap (equal fuel, tyres), Seb was 0,180 s faster than him. We will see tomorrow. Looks like our updates work, would love a onboard lap of todays fastest lap, to see if our low speed corners traction is improved.
    Not exactly. Seb was the 1st to come out on sorts but miss the brakes so he abandoned this 1 st lap. So at least fuel side they where equal as Merc guys (as far as how many laps they run on their "qualy" sim).If think Seb and Lec tried different downforce set ups to find the best one. And for the sector times,it looks the opposite from what we have seeing in the previous 3 races. We are a lot stronger then the Mercs in the "high downforce " section and are losing very little in the straights.
    But again this is Friday and anything can change!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Hours have passed since FP2, still no driver comments? That's what I look forward to after Friday running.

Sector 3: 25.361 vs 25.313 vs 25.229
    Correction: Sector 3

Leclerc: 25.205
    Vettel: 25.229
    Ham: 25.313

Well,from their comments,it doesnt look like there where a drs/no drs case in the Hams times in race sim. They looks confident and we look to be puzzled from their pace!!!!!!

“I think they were quite strong in the race run, so I expect them to be there for the qualy run tomorrow when they put everything together,” Leclerc said.

“I think I'm quite confident with the car, quite confident with the track, so overall it's a good day, but again, looking at their pace in the race run, I expect quite a lot more to come from them tomorrow in qualifying so it's not going to be easy.”

Hamilton and tech chief James Allison backed up Leclerc's assessment of the W10's performance in practice.

“Our long run pace looked a little bit stronger than our short run pace, so we'll need to try and find out why,” said Hamilton.

“We're not where we need to be lap for the single-lap work, but looked reasonably paced for the longer runs,” echoed Allison.

“So we have a bit of work to do overnight to tidy up the handling to give the drivers the confidence to really smash it around the lap and then hopefully we'll have a good weekend.”
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Hours have passed since FP2, still no driver comments? That's what I look forward to after Friday running.
    Their waiting to see if Ferrari is replacing Charles with Mick tomorrow! What's taking them so long???

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Their waiting to see if Ferrari is replacing Charles with Mick tomorrow! What's taking them so long???
    ha, ha....good one
    replace him for what??? FP3??
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Charles Leclerc #16
    “After a day like today, it’s difficult to get a clear picture of where we all stand, especially in terms of long run pace, when I think traffic was a factor. In qualifying trim, I felt comfortable, but also in this aspect, we will have to wait until tomorrow to get a clearer picture. However, we still have quite a bit of work to do to get the maximum out of the SF90 and that’s what we will concentrate on in the final free practice session. If we manage that, then we can be competitive.”

Sebastian Vettel #5
    “It was a rather complicated Friday, because we weren’t able to do much running and the track was slippery and dusty. But it was fun all the same. So it took a while to get into a rhythm but overall I feel comfortable with the car. Maybe tomorrow we should be able to get a better idea of where we stand, because while I felt good in the car, there’s definitely still room for improvement. Tomorrow, we will continue working as it’s vital to get into a rhythm and have a good feel for the car and be totally confident about the track. I think qualifying will be very close, because I imagine our rivals will be very fast tomorrow.”
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

To early to call but Ferrari preparing well mercedes will know exactly what the Ferrari strengths are and will prepare there car accordingly to mitigate any advantage this is what mercedes does how? This is the million dollar question they must have some super technology because they always get it right anticipate a close qualification.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    To early to call but Ferrari preparing well mercedes will know exactly what the Ferrari strengths are and will prepare there car accordingly to mitigate any advantage this is what mercedes does how? This is the million dollar question they must have some super technology because they always get it right anticipate a close qualification.
    they are just playing with us, many says so, I am starting to believe that...maybe

Stay positive don't loose sight that Ferrari are trying to end the mercedes hybrid era juggernaut we can only thank Ferrari for remaining in f1 in it's current format other wise it would be a complete and utter farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    they are just playing with us, many says so, I am starting to believe that...maybe
    Yup... that’s why I limited myself for this weekend.
    A win is a bonus, double podium is good.

I can see it now: Charles leading the race with a 5 second buffer with 12 laps to go, before Grosjean inexplicably crashes in a slow corner, SC comes out, drivers dive into pits for fresh tyres and Ham wins the race as Mercedes react quicker than Ferrari..