Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Results 391 to 420 of 508

Thread: Baku 2019: Race

  1. #391
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    28,555
    Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Faster car will most of the time find itself ahead of slow car. That's how it works.
    Unless the team calls team orders....maybe your ears are closed as well as the eyes.
    Forza Ferrari

  2. #392
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    2,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Unless the team calls team orders....maybe your ears are closed as well as the eyes.
    A brain is needed in order to process signals from eyes.. ears etc.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

  3. #393
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    761
    Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Qualifying speed does not equal fastest in race. There are many examples for this.
    In the first stint of the first race, on same tyres with same age, Seb had built a gap of 10 seconds over Leclerc. In China, a detailed analysis is available which proves that Seb was faster than Charles. Baku can't be compared as they were on opposite strategy plus Leclerc was not pushing at all after pit stop as confirmed by him. Leclerc was faster in Bahrain.

  4. #394
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    4,270
    Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    I am still waiting for your reply to the laptimes I posted of Seb and Charles after China along with the analysis of Mark Hughes which said the same thing that Seb was the quicker Ferrari driver in China. You wanted Leclerc to be faster than Seb, truth is he isn't.
    Posted my reply ages ago.

  5. #395
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Slovenia, Maribor
    Posts
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Yup...!! Not the best but I still feel he’s not comfortable with the car.
    Absolutely, look at 2017,2015, with a car that was to his liking, he absolutely demolished, destroyed Kimi. In some Q3 he has done magical laps and put the car where it doesnt belong, I think in one of the races he was nearly 1 second faster than Kimi. In a car that lacks rear grip he cant extract the maximum, he needs that confidence.

  6. #396
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Slovenia, Maribor
    Posts
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Guys stop bashing drivers! No matter whom Ferrari sign, if they have mediocre car, he will be wasted and at the end frustrated. Look at Mercedes and Botas! You don't need to have to Senna in the team. That time in F1 is long gone. Now it is a time of a great machine. With that everything is possible!
    What a post cheers to you buddy.

  7. #397
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    761
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Unless the team calls team orders....maybe your ears are closed as well as the eyes.
    Mark Hughes report from China:

    Vettel had set the fastest lap of the race to date a lap after rejoining on his new tyres. Leclerc’s best seven laps later (around 0.4sec-worth lighter) was slightly slower. Confirming that Vettel genuinely did have better pace than his team-mate and it hadn’t just been about strategy and the team prioritising him.

  8. #398
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    4,270
    Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    In the first stint of the first race, on same tyres with same age, Seb had built a gap of 10 seconds over Leclerc. In China, a detailed analysis is available which proves that Seb was faster than Charles. Baku can't be compared as they were on opposite strategy plus Leclerc was not pushing at all after pit stop as confirmed by him. Leclerc was faster in Bahrain.
    Detailed analysis...

    Vettel wasn't faster, he got ahead because of team order and got the better strategy by pitting fast.

  9. #399
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    761
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Posted my reply ages ago.
    You didn't. All you said was they didn't pit Leclerc soon enough, doesn't explain the fact that once he did pit, his laptimes were slower than the laptimes Seb produced after he pit. Read the article I linked above.

  10. #400
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    4,270
    Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    A brain is needed in order to process signals from eyes.. ears etc.
    And if chinmay's brains were dynamite, he/she wouldn't have enough to blow his/her nose

  11. #401
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    761
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Detailed analysis...

    Vettel wasn't faster, he got ahead because of team order and got the better strategy by pitting fast.
    Keep on living in your fantasy world, truth doesn't need feet to stand. I am aware that you want Charles to beat Seb and now you are disappointed that he is unable to do so but that's the way it is.

  12. #402
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Slovenia, Maribor
    Posts
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Keep on living in your fantasy world, truth doesn't need feet to stand. I am aware that you want Charles to beat Seb and now you are disappointed that he is unable to do so but that's the way it is.
    Dont worry some (gloryhunters) Ferrari fans just hate Seb, in reality he was the only driver in last 4 years that could put a major fight to the Mercedes. The only one, who was leading the championship in a new turbo era (he was leading even in 2015 at one point of the season, or I think it was equal on point after 2 races with Lewis). They so called fans should show some respect to him. Nobody is perfect.
    Last edited by Vettel165; 28th April 2019 at 18:54.

  13. #403
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    4,270
    Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    You didn't. All you said was they didn't pit Leclerc soon enough, doesn't explain the fact that once he did pit, his laptimes were slower than the laptimes Seb produced after he pit. Read the article I linked above.
    Charles's lap times were faster than Vettel's AFTER his pit stop. Ferrari pitted Vettel first and left Charles out on track for too long, he lost more than 12 seconds by staying out longer. AFTER the pitstop he was the fastest man on track and clawed back the deficit. But Ferrari again used him as a cannon fodder to hold back Mercedes...

    I'll say again, Vettel was ahead because of TEAM ORDER

  14. #404
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Slovenia, Maribor
    Posts
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Charles's lap times were faster than Vettel's AFTER his pit stop. Ferrari pitted Vettel first and left Charles out on track for too long, he lost more than 12 seconds by staying out longer. AFTER the pitstop he was the fastest man on track and clawed back the deficit. But Ferrari again used him as a cannon fodder to hold back Mercedes...

    I'll say again, Vettel was ahead because of TEAM ORDER
    Nope it was the right strategy for Leclerc, soft tyres were useless and destroyed after 10 laps on our car like Seb said. It was the right thing to left Leclerc as long out as possible, because mediums were much faster tyres on this particular track. And look at Seb strategy, had to pit on lap 8 and had to manage 43 on this tyres, and still had the pace. Not bad at all. Both our drivers were strong, just we lacked some general pace as usually to Mercedes.

  15. #405
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Bosnia
    Posts
    1,455
    There’s no point in arguing, we’ll see who is ahead at the end of the season. I’m going to bet on Charles, if Ferrari doesn’t kill his chances with team orders. In the end all of this is useless when we can’t beat Mercedes, being 3rd or 4th isn’t really worth fighting for.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #406
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    4,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Dont worry some (gloryhunters) Ferrari fans just hate Seb, in reality he was the only driver in last 4 years that could put a major fight to the Mercedes. The only one, who was leading the championship in a new turbo era (he was leading even in 2015 on one point of the season, or I think it was equal on point after 2 races with Lewis). They so called fans should show some respect to him. Nobody is perfect.
    Unsurprising...the head cheerleader of Vettel fangirl club is upset because other's don't bow down to him or worship him.

    The only reason Vettel was there because Ferrari provided him with great cars. And he failed miserably and got his rear end handed to him by Hamilton.

  17. #407
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Slovenia, Maribor
    Posts
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Unsurprising...the head cheerleader of Vettel fangirl club is upset because other's don't bow down to him or worship him.

    The only reason Vettel was there because Ferrari provided him with great cars. And he failed miserably and got his rear end handed to him by Hamilton.
    Just telling the true facts, if you like it or not. Kimi is a WDC and we see now in Sauber that he is still very strong as a driver, much faster than his teammate, even if he is old. Age is just a number. And Seb beat a WDC Kimi fair and square in all 4 years of when they raced together.

  18. #408
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    761
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Charles's lap times were faster than Vettel's AFTER his pit stop. Ferrari pitted Vettel first and left Charles out on track for too long, he lost more than 12 seconds by staying out longer. AFTER the pitstop he was the fastest man on track and clawed back the deficit. But Ferrari again used him as a cannon fodder to hold back Mercedes...

    I'll say again, Vettel was ahead because of TEAM ORDER
    "Charles' lap time were faster than Vettel's" - Except that they were not, I had posted screenshots comparing laptimes of both drivers which showed that Charles was slower.

    Leclerc's last pit stop was later than Seb's and others so with less fuel and new tyres, he would be faster towards the end of the race? Simple?

    After pit stop, Charles with less fuel on new tyres (pitted later than Seb) should've set a fastest lap than Seb but his laptime was in fact slower than what Seb managed on more fuel. Is that really hard to understand?

  19. #409
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    3,045
    Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    PU is fine, slow corner is where Mercedes is making all the time. Maybe an improved Q3 mode will be good but other than that, the engine is good enough.
    If PU is good enough, why we did not catch Mercs today on that 2.1 kilometer long straight.

  20. #410
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,132
    Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    "Charles' lap time were faster than Vettel's" - Except that they were not, I had posted screenshots comparing laptimes of both drivers which showed that Charles was slower.

    Leclerc's last pit stop was later than Seb's and others so with less fuel and new tyres, he would be faster towards the end of the race? Simple?

    After pit stop, Charles with less fuel on new tyres (pitted later than Seb) should've set a fastest lap than Seb but his laptime was in fact slower than what Seb managed on more fuel. Is that really hard to understand?
    “I think a lot of people thought we were struggling which I don’t think we were,” Leclerc told media including RaceFans after the race. “I just didn’t push to try and close the gap because I asked on the radio pretty early in this run whether there was any possibility to come back to the guys in front and the answer was no because the gap was too big.”
    Read this. I mean, you are wrong. Leclerc was DOMINANT at start. He started 10th, and was 1st by lap 13. He cought Vettel on pure pace, and was faster then him entire weekend (same as in Bahrain).

    Leclerc was 26s ahead of Gasly by the end of their stints on M tires. So he was around 1s faster per lap then Gasly on same tire. Is Gasly slower then Max here? Yea, sure, but nowhere near 1s. So I am sure there was, as Leclerc said, plenty of pace in car. They pitted him and he was 21s behind Max with 15 laps to go. It was game over from there on, no way was he 1.5s faster on worse tire then best RB (who was faster then Vettel).

    You are kidding yourself if you think Seb was as fast as Charles today (or anytime during this week for that matter).

  21. #411
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Slovenia, Maribor
    Posts
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    Read this. I mean, you are wrong. Leclerc was DOMINANT at start. He started 10th, and was 1st by lap 13. He cought Vettel on pure pace, and was faster then him entire weekend (same as in Bahrain).

    Leclerc was 26s ahead of Gasly by the end of their stints on M tires. So he was around 1s faster per lap then Gasly on same tire. Is Gasly slower then Max here? Yea, sure, but nowhere near 1s. So I am sure there was, as Leclerc said, plenty of pace in car. They pitted him and he was 21s behind Max with 15 laps to go. It was game over from there on, no way was he 1.5s faster on worse tire then best RB (who was faster then Vettel).

    You are kidding yourself if you think Seb was as fast as Charles today (or anytime during this week for that matter).
    He cough up to Seb because softs didnt work on our car and were much slower than Mediums. When Leclerc pitted for softs he was also nowhere. You cant compare them today, they both had a different strategy.

  22. #412
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    4,270
    Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    "Charles' lap time were faster than Vettel's" - Except that they were not, I had posted screenshots comparing laptimes of both drivers which showed that Charles was slower.

    Leclerc's last pit stop was later than Seb's and others so with less fuel and new tyres, he would be faster towards the end of the race? Simple?

    After pit stop, Charles with less fuel on new tyres (pitted later than Seb) should've set a fastest lap than Seb but his laptime was in fact slower than what Seb managed on more fuel. Is that really hard to understand?
    Again, Vettel was ahead of Charles only because of team order. Is that really hard to understand?

    Pretty funny to see how you always ignoring the "you know what".

  23. #413
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    He cough up to Seb because softs didnt work on our car and were much slower than Mediums. When Leclerc pitted for softs he was also nowhere. You cant compare them today, they both had a different strategy.
    He was also nowhere because Ferrari pitted him when he, as he said in quote I provided, saw they have no chance of getting Max. No point in rushing on highest modes if you cannot catch the guy in front.

    Leclerc was faster on his M tires for long while Seb got his M's on as well (and difference in tire life was 13lap).

  24. #414
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    4,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    He cough up to Seb because softs didnt work on our car and were much slower than Mediums. When Leclerc pitted for softs he was also nowhere. You cant compare them today, they both had a different strategy.
    But you can compare them, even when one got the benefit of team order and the other told to hold position\don't overtake.

  25. #415
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,262
    Vettel and Leclerc look to be pretty evenly paced so far. we have 2 world class drivers. Our biggest problem is the machinery is not up to standard. It doesn't matter who is number 1 driver as they have no chance up against the Mercs at the moment. The championship is all but gone and its race 4.

  26. #416
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,132
    People are going around "No no Leclercs pace was nothing special, Gasly was matching him by lap 30". What they leave out is Leclerc putting pit stop worth of time between them just in 1st stint.

  27. #417
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    761
    Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    Read this. I mean, you are wrong. Leclerc was DOMINANT at start. He started 10th, and was 1st by lap 13. He cought Vettel on pure pace, and was faster then him entire weekend (same as in Bahrain).

    Leclerc was 26s ahead of Gasly by the end of their stints on M tires. So he was around 1s faster per lap then Gasly on same tire. Is Gasly slower then Max here? Yea, sure, but nowhere near 1s. So I am sure there was, as Leclerc said, plenty of pace in car. They pitted him and he was 21s behind Max with 15 laps to go. It was game over from there on, no way was he 1.5s faster on worse tire then best RB (who was faster then Vettel).

    You are kidding yourself if you think Seb was as fast as Charles today (or anytime during this week for that matter).
    That was actually about China. Yeah today can't really be compared, both were on opposing strategies, we don't really know what could have happened if Charles started in in front.

  28. #418
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    6,889
    Wow vet vs Leclerc again ..... thank you guys...!!

    You people are great. Really hatsoff to u all.

    Here are couple of points:

    1) Vet clearly said he’s not comfortable with the car. Don’t you read that ??? Did he say any such statement previous years??

    2) Now coming to Vet vs Leclerc. Wts the quali results ?? 3-1. Did team stop Lec to take the pole or be ahead of seb during quali ??

    3) Now coming to team orders, Aus GP: Ferrari did prioritise vettel it was open statement by them ahead of the race itself. Also team did compromise Vet’s race by giving him different tyre strategy & gave Leclerc right strategy .... why?? Did anybody argue on that ??? No this will not be argued. Only thing which will be highlighted is Lec was not allowed to pass.
    Now tell me if Leclerc did pass vettel will he able to challenge mercs ??? No.. already there was huge lead & ferrari didn’t have the pace itself. But still we want to argue why did Lec was not allowed to pass rather than why team did give Leclerc best strategy than vet?

    4) Bahrain : again Ferrari team did leave vettel in traffic .. his outlap was horrible which compromised his q3. But none argued. Leclerc was fast In Bahrain, team did allow them to battle & Leclerc came out ahead. Unfortunately technical
    Issue did cause Leclerc win. On pure pace, this was the race where he outscored vettel.

    5) China GP: quali, vettel outqualified Lec. In race, first few laps who was chasing whom ??? Is lec chasing ham or vettel chasing Lec?? Compare sector times vet vs Lec till vettel caught Lec. By the time team passed orders, vettel’s prime lap times were gone. But here team did wrong by not calling Lec into pits immediately after vet pit stop. Here too on pure pace vettel was faster than Lec that’s why he was ordered to allow vettel.

    6) Baku GP: Lec was fast all weekend. Did team stop him to take pole position ??? Vet clearly said he isn’t comfortable yet not able to find sweet spot with the car. Who’s fault it is?? The same when kimi was not able to take pole position last year everyone blamed him. Now again in the race, you people are finding out Team deliberately delayed Lec pit stop .....wowww crazy minds. Does anybody know working temp range of Softs ??? Why everyone who started on softs pitted early ??
    Ok, once Lec was on softs where was the pace ??? This will be not be discussed.

    What will be discussed is Vet vs Lec again, it will go on for next race n then another race n till the end.
    Stop this fiasco. If Leclerc is fast he should outqualify vettel who’s the best qualifier n show to the team. That’s it. No team orders will be deployed. End of the story.

    On pure race pace, with the same strategy till now Lec is fast in Bahrain only. Baku is another story there are lot of if’s & but’s. What happened is important, not what was supposed to be happened.

    We need strong car, so that both drivers can challenge themselves & their rivals consistently.

    When there’s nothing, few are cooking up a story n creating something out of it.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance " : - Michael Schumacher

  29. #419
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    2,545
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Wow vet vs Leclerc again ..... thank you guys...!!

    You people are great. Really hatsoff to u all.

    Here are couple of points:

    1) Vet clearly said he’s not comfortable with the car. Don’t you read that ??? Did he say any such statement previous years??

    2) Now coming to Vet vs Leclerc. Wts the quali results ?? 3-1. Did team stop Lec to take the pole or be ahead of seb during quali ??

    3) Now coming to team orders, Aus GP: Ferrari did prioritise vettel it was open statement by them ahead of the race itself. Also team did compromise Vet’s race by giving him different tyre strategy & gave Leclerc right strategy .... why?? Did anybody argue on that ??? No this will not be argued. Only thing which will be highlighted is Lec was not allowed to pass.
    Now tell me if Leclerc did pass vettel will he able to challenge mercs ??? No.. already there was huge lead & ferrari didn’t have the pace itself. But still we want to argue why did Lec was not allowed to pass rather than why team did give Leclerc best strategy than vet?

    4) Bahrain : again Ferrari team did leave vettel in traffic .. his outlap was horrible which compromised his q3. But none argued. Leclerc was fast In Bahrain, team did allow them to battle & Leclerc came out ahead. Unfortunately technical
    Issue did cause Leclerc win. On pure pace, this was the race where he outscored vettel.

    5) China GP: quali, vettel outqualified Lec. In race, first few laps who was chasing whom ??? Is lec chasing ham or vettel chasing Lec?? Compare sector times vet vs Lec till vettel caught Lec. By the time team passed orders, vettel’s prime lap times were gone. But here team did wrong by not calling Lec into pits immediately after vet pit stop. Here too on pure pace vettel was faster than Lec that’s why he was ordered to allow vettel.

    6) Baku GP: Lec was fast all weekend. Did team stop him to take pole position ??? Vet clearly said he isn’t comfortable yet not able to find sweet spot with the car. Who’s fault it is?? The same when kimi was not able to take pole position last year everyone blamed him. Now again in the race, you people are finding out Team deliberately delayed Lec pit stop .....wowww crazy minds. Does anybody know working temp range of Softs ??? Why everyone who started on softs pitted early ??
    Ok, once Lec was on softs where was the pace ??? This will be not be discussed.

    What will be discussed is Vet vs Lec again, it will go on for next race n then another race n till the end.
    Stop this fiasco. If Leclerc is fast he should outqualify vettel who’s the best qualifier n show to the team. That’s it. No team orders will be deployed. End of the story.

    On pure race pace, with the same strategy till now Lec is fast in Bahrain only. Baku is another story there are lot of if’s & but’s. What happened is important, not what was supposed to be happened.

    We need strong car, so that both drivers can challenge themselves & their rivals consistently.

    When there’s nothing, few are cooking up a story n creating something out of it.
    Wasnt this car built on Vettels feedback, for FOUR BLOODY YEARS. And hes not comfortable in it? But charles is?
    Enough said no?
    Silently, like a shadow

  30. #420
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    Read this. I mean, you are wrong. Leclerc was DOMINANT at start. He started 10th, and was 1st by lap 13. He cought Vettel on pure pace, and was faster then him entire weekend (same as in Bahrain).

    Leclerc was 26s ahead of Gasly by the end of their stints on M tires. So he was around 1s faster per lap then Gasly on same tire. Is Gasly slower then Max here? Yea, sure, but nowhere near 1s. So I am sure there was, as Leclerc said, plenty of pace in car. They pitted him and he was 21s behind Max with 15 laps to go. It was game over from there on, no way was he 1.5s faster on worse tire then best RB (who was faster then Vettel).

    You are kidding yourself if you think Seb was as fast as Charles today (or anytime during this week for that matter).
    Plz..... understand first. Both are on different strategies. On softs everyone were struggling except merc.
    Only Lec who was Mediums was able to match merc Lap times. Other were struggling n pitted earlier than expected to be.
    Then if u watch 2nd stint of Vettel on mediums he was fast n was matching merc couple of times. He was within 2sec window for quite a laps. Once 3sec window was open, then he turned his engine down for last couple of laps n you can see gap was extended to 9sec.

    Don’t compare 1st stint of Lec on mediums with full tank vs 1st stint of vettel on softs with full tank.
    Again 2nd stint of Lec on softs with low fuel vs 2nd stint of vettel on mediums with low fuel.

    Above are not direct indicatives. It’s simply ferrari doesn’t have race pace it was evident on FP2.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance " : - Michael Schumacher

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •