Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Baku 2019: Race

We had no pace on the softs Charles wouldn't have caught Max even if he pit earlier. Charles ruined his race yesterday.

There are no more words left it's over.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Which year they did not use?

That’s wt I said, we are left with no options. Remember when this weekend started, Practice & quali thread was opened my first post was “another mercs 1-2, max I can hope is podium”. Win is a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Schumir9 View Post
    Should have done that! Oh man Ferrari and strategies.. I really really hope we get a win in Barcelona!
    Earlier I thought Barcelona would see Ferrari on P1 but considering Mercedes pace till now, I doubt if it would be any better.

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post
    Honestly, they need to scrap the hard tyre and soft tyre rule. Make both tyres available throughout the weekend and let the teams decide which one they want to race with. 3 stop soft tyre or 2 stop hard tyre or a mix & match...

Pirelli is dictating the races, which isn’t good for the sport. Lot of teams struggled with Soft tyres.
    But it is what is, F1 is just a circus now.

Leclerc from lap 4, was faster than top 4 (all of them on softs) and he was doing low 1m46's before his pit stop. No doubt medium was the best race tyre, that's why I think Ferrari should've pitted Charles on lap 28 for hard tyres...they should've taken the risk.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Leclerc from lap 4, was faster than top 4 (all of them on softs) and he was doing low 1m46's before his pit stop. No doubt medium was the best race tyre, that's why I think Ferrari should've pitted Charles on lap 28 for hard tyres...they should've taken the risk.
    Hindsight is 20/20, but yeah.

Disappointed Since 2010

Probably?!?!? Seriously????!!! It is big fat bold GAME OVER!

Now the actual attack starts from Italian media. We could see “sack-em all thread” active during summer back.
    Structure shake-up will start again.

But no body did try hard tyres in FP sessions ???

It's a trend this season, Ferrari is performing better on hard tyres than softs, earlier Ferrari used to get better if softer tyres were used. Mercedes is still faster on any given tyre though.

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post
    Honestly, they need to scrap the hard tyre and soft tyre rule. Make both tyres available throughout the weekend and let the teams decide which one they want to race with. 3 stop soft tyre or 2 stop hard tyre or a mix & match...
    I don't think blaming the tyre is the answer here. Tyre temperature are a result of how the vehicle's dynamics works on a track surface. Problem is Ferrari's suspension, not the pirelli's.

Hard tyres would be consistent and durable but too slow. That's why no team uses it on any track.

Don't Blame FERRARI, Look at RB right now, they have Newey for the Chassis, Horner for the Strategy (4x Champion at their belt) look at them now (but not an engine manufacturer like us), they can only match up with us but not MERC, so MERC has the perfect secret formula its the FIA... its just only my opinion.

I don't think blaming the tyre is the answer here. Tyre temperature are a result of how the vehicle's dynamics works on a track surface. Problem is Ferrari's suspension, not the pirelli's.
    Renault, Haas, Alfa Romeo suffered from the same tyres. So do they have same suspension issues???
    Don’t think so. It’s just tyres, doesn’t bode well on this track at that temp.

RB brought new suspension design for this race. It’s working for them. Shocked to see they were matching the leaders.
    At this pace, I see them as a threat during summer. Upgrade spec from Honda too is massive

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Now the actual attack starts from Italian media. We could see “sack-em all thread” active during summer back.
    Structure shake-up will start again.
    Who cares [emoji6] Ferrari in this era is not able to make the last step and be the fastest. It is deep in the structure, M-B as team is working like a Swiss watches. Ferrari is still missing something.

Odesláno z mého Moto X4 pomocí Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Yeah those sky pundits, still say Ferrari is the quickest car

Quote Originally Posted by Honzus View Post
    Who cares [emoji6] Ferrari in this era is not able to make the last step and be the fastest. It is deep in the structure, M-B as team is working like a Swiss watches. Ferrari is still missing something.

Odesláno z mého Moto X4 pomocí Tapatalk
    They caught mercs on PU. But aero wise ferrari not the best.

Yeah those sky pundits, still say Ferrari is the quickest car
    I'm getting really tired of hearing that.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by JChan View Post
    Don't Blame FERRARI, Look at RB right now, they have Newey for the Chassis, Horner for the Strategy (4x Champion at their belt) look at them now, they can only match up with us but not MERC, so MERC has the perfect secret formula its the FIA... its just only my opinion.
    Exactly. Stability is what is needed, keep the current team and work hard. Mercedes has 100M$ budget over Ferrari, they can afford to spend so much because it is good plublicity for them as long as they win.
    They will eventually move their focus to Formula-E and reduce spending on their massive F1 budget, until then not much can be done.
    The sports will be better once they are gone since their very agressive spending and poaching strategy leaves very little chances to other teams.

Renault, Haas, Alfa Romeo suffered from the same tyres. So do they have same suspension issues???
    Don’t think so. It’s just tyres, doesn’t bode well on this track at that temp.

RB brought new suspension design for this race. It’s working for them. Shocked to see they were matching the leaders.
    At this pace, I see them as a threat during summer. Upgrade spec from Honda too is massive
    Well yes...vehicle dynamics are a result of aero and mechanical balance. And all of these teams lack downforce.

And Red Bull already said their chassis lacks downforce, they believe their barcelona upgrades will fix the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by JChan View Post
    Don't Blame FERRARI, Look at RB right now, they have Newey for the Chassis, Horner for the Strategy (4x Champion at their belt) look at them now (but not an engine manufacturer like us), they can only match up with us but not MERC, so MERC has the perfect secret formula its the FIA... its just only my opinion.
    Eeeeeeh.... they have Honda engine and still are almost beating us. I think I don't have to say more, do I?

But I still will. It was clear to see right when the unveiling of this years Ferrari was happening. Look at the cars. Look at the complexity of the cars. Look at the changes made to the cars from last year. Red Bull and Mercedes look totally different, they pushed their cars to the limits. Our car is basically the last years car with new front wing. Nothing special to look at. I thought during the pre-season tests, that maybe we have found something inside, but yeah... we didn't. And as we have probably the best engine (as we should have as we are the Ferrari and have the biggest budget in F1), the aero is probably at McLaren level or so. And what about the upgrades? It took us till this race to bring our fist updated, while the other two teams were bringing them to every race, even this one. It's our fault. No use to blame anybody else.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I'm getting really tired of hearing that.
    It never ends, until mercs win both titles.

Well yes...vehicle dynamics are a result of aero and mechanical balance. And all of these teams lack downforce.

And Red Bull already said their chassis lacks downforce, they believe their barcelona upgrades will fix the issue.
    So soon we could see RB overtake Ferrari. Because their in-season development is great.

Would the white tire been a better choice when Leclerc still had a 13 seconds and pitted then?

Frankly, it’s inconceivable that the dinosaurs at the FIA still condone the use of several set of tires during the course of a GP. In this day and age of environmental awareness and new materials renaissance, the FIA turns a blind eye on tire suppliers that produce a compound that can’t be used competitively for 50 stinking laps. Shame on you FIA!

Unfortunately you are right!
    It doesn't bring me any joy to be right, but I called it before China.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Leclerc DoD!!!
    And how many points does he get for that? Oh... none? Yay! He won Miss Congeniality! Yay! Who cares? I mean really? It's worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    I don't see Mercedes winning every race, Ferrari and RB will win.
    But the titles are gone..
    Well, you don't see it now, but when they come on 1-2 in Abu Dhabi for the 21st time this season, maybe then?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari312T4 View Post
    Would the white tire been a better choice when Leclerc still had a 13 seconds and pitted then?
    Yes it would have! Better than what they did kept him out like a sitting duck hoping they would help vettel? Cmon pit him put the white tyre or hell even put him on another medium then pit him last 10 laps for the fastest lap point he would still have been under 25 seconds to bottas in the end with that strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    It doesn't bring me any joy to be right, but I called it before China.

And how many points does he get for that? Oh... none? Yay! He won Miss Congeniality! Yay! Who cares? I mean really? It's worthless.

Well, you don't see it now, but when they come on 1-2 in Abu Dhabi for the 21st time this season, maybe then?
    Mercedes has actually won 5 races in a row with 1-2 since Abu Dhabhi haven't they?