Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Baku 2019: Race

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Only if Leclerc starts beating him, at the moment it's 3-1 in favor of Seb.
    Most can see the real story here...having Kimi as a team mate has sure saved Seb for a few seasons but now we can see he ain't all that fast.
    Forza Ferrari

Yes, because of team order. Also Vettel is pretty lucky that Leclerc had an equipment failure in Bahrain.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Most can see the real story here...having Kimi as a team mate has sure saved Seb for a few seasons but now we can see he ain't all that fast.
    Totally agree, his so called speed was masked by Kimi,s underperforming speed...now that he’s actually having a fast teammate he’s prone to making more mistakes as he’s try to push harder

The sooner Ferrari realize this and give Charles the #1 status the better
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

1 MERCEDES 173
    2 FERRARI 99
    3 RED BULL RACING HONDA 64
    4 MCLAREN RENAULT 18
    5 RACING POINT BWT MERCEDES 17
    6 ALFA ROMEO RACING FERRARI 13
    7 RENAULT 12
    8 HAAS FERRARI 8
    9 SCUDERIA TORO ROSSO HONDA 4
    10 WILLIAMS MERCEDES 0

---------------------------------------------------------------

1 Valtteri Bottas FIN MERCEDES 87
    2 Lewis Hamilton GBR MERCEDES 86
    3 Sebastian Vettel GER FERRARI 52
    4 Max Verstappen NED RED BULL RACING HONDA 51
    5 Charles Leclerc MON FERRARI 47
    6 Sergio Perez MEX RACING POINT BWT MERCEDES 13
    7 Pierre Gasly FRA RED BULL RACING HONDA 13
    8 Kimi Räikkönen FIN ALFA ROMEO RACING FERRARI 13
    9 Lando Norris GBR MCLAREN RENAULT 12
    10 Kevin Magnussen DEN HAAS FERRARI 8
    11 Nico Hulkenberg GER RENAULT 6
    12 Carlos Sainz ESP MCLAREN RENAULT 6
    13 Daniel Ricciardo AUS RENAULT 6
    14 Lance Stroll CAN RACING POINT BWT MERCEDES 4
    15 Alexander Albon THA SCUDERIA TORO ROSSO HONDA 3
    16 Daniil Kvyat RUS SCUDERIA TORO ROSSO HONDA 1
    17 Antonio Giovinazzi ITA ALFA ROMEO RACING FERRARI 0
    18 Romain Grosjean FRA HAAS FERRARI 0
    19 George Russell GBR WILLIAMS MERCEDES 0
    20 Robert Kubica POL WILLIAMS MERCEDES 0

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Totally agree, his so called speed was masked by Kimi,s underperforming speed...now that he’s actually having a fast teammate he’s prone to making more mistakes as he’s try to push harder

The sooner Ferrari realize this and give Charles the #1 status the better
    And Charles is our future, not Vettel. Vettel can go wherever he wants, but Ferrari can't afford to lose Charles. Playing second fiddle to a guy who's not even faster than you must be frustrating.

Guys stop bashing drivers! No matter whom Ferrari sign, if they have mediocre car, he will be wasted and at the end frustrated. Look at Mercedes and Botas! You don't need to have to Senna in the team. That time in F1 is long gone. Now it is a time of a great machine. With that everything is possible!

What do you think about Leclerc's strategy? I think of it as trying to do a bit more. Do you think Leclerc would've gained a position if he pitted earlier? I think this way they decided to stay longer in case there's a SC.

Leclerc is every bit as fast as Vettel this season. This hasnt happened for 5 years with Kimi, its big difference.

Look at the race sectortimes at fia.com

first and third sector good but 2 sector 0.3 slower.

Quote Originally Posted by Smintlemon View Post
    Look at the race sectortimes at fia.com
    There was a race? When?

Don't play dumb with me. I'm better at it than you are.

We have a real gem in our hands with Leclerc. From the moment Ferrari showed interest in signing him I knew he must very good as Ferrari is a team who is not known for signing young drivers. They followed him in F2 and closely observed the telemetry in Sauber in which they saw massive potential.

Maybe the problem doesn't lie that much with Seb. Leclerc might be just that good. But yes, calling Vettel a non elite driver might not be an overstatement. Doubt Seb will resign after 2020. Sad to say, but he'll maybe retire.

I hope for the best though, and hope Seb will prove us all wrong as I like Seb as a personality.

Well maybe they will start to let Charles go and stop compromising his race in favour of Seb.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    And Charles is our future, not Vettel. Vettel can go wherever he wants, but Ferrari can't afford to lose Charles. Playing second fiddle to a guy who's not even faster than you must be frustrating.
    Trouble is if Charles gets fed up he will be easy to head hunt or he will do a Kimi and resign himself to play second fiddle.
    I like both our drivers but its only fair to let the faster go.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Well maybe they will start to let Charles go and stop compromising his race in favour of Seb.
    What stops Charles from out qualifying Seb? Seb 3 - 1 Leclerc

Yes, the real story is that Seb has beaten Charles in 3 out of 4 races this year.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Yes, because of team order. Also Vettel is pretty lucky that Leclerc had an equipment failure in Bahrain.
    I am still waiting for your reply to the laptimes I posted of Seb and Charles after China along with the analysis of Mark Hughes which said the same thing that Seb was the quicker Ferrari driver in China. You wanted Leclerc to be faster than Seb, truth is he isn't.

lol nice trolling

I am still waiting for your reply to the laptimes I posted of Seb and Charles after China along with the analysis of Mark Hughes which said the same thing that Seb was the quicker Ferrari driver in China. You wanted Leclerc to be faster than Seb, truth is he isn't.
    You must be proud of the fact that a four-time world champion needed team orders in two of first three races to keep his rookie teammate behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Guys stop bashing drivers! No matter whom Ferrari sign, if they have mediocre car, he will be wasted and at the end frustrated. Look at Mercedes and Botas! You don't need to have to Senna in the team. That time in F1 is long gone. Now it is a time of a great machine. With that everything is possible!
    + 1, at present our car is not in the same league as the Mercs and I feel that Charles is more comfortable with the SF90 and prepared to push it to the limit, but to write off Seb completely at this stage is unjust, we should support both drivers.

Yes, the real story is that Seb has beaten Charles in 3 out of 4 races this year.
    This is similar to Max v Ric. Leclerc starting to get faster and faster while reliability issues and his own inexperience cost him dearly, it is bound to stop, and Vettel will be losing on pure pace. Thing is, Vettels driving style is inherently slower then Leclercs (or Kimis even) so when they are on top of their game, he will come behind.

Again, its 5pts difference after 4 races with Leclerc losing 10 duo to reliability in his dominant display in Bahrain. He has pace to beat Seb, so lets wait with counting.

One more aspect that no one mentioned.
    Maybe, just maybe, Leclerc was trying too hard yesterday because he needs to be in front of Vettel in order to avoid team orders.
    Just maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    This is similar to Max v Ric. Leclerc starting to get faster and faster while reliability issues and his own inexperience cost him dearly, it is bound to stop, and Vettel will be losing on pure pace. Thing is, Vettels driving style is inherently slower then Leclercs (or Kimis even) so when they are on top of their game, he will come behind.

Again, its 5pts difference after 4 races with Leclerc losing 10 duo to reliability in his dominant display in Bahrain. He has pace to beat Seb, so lets wait with counting.
    I agree with some of it like Leclerc will get better and faster as the season progresses.

Vettel: "Especially here you need the confidence in the car. I am not yet there. I can feel that I am not driving at my best because simply the car does not respond the way I like [...] I seem to be more sensitive at the first races than at the test."

So Seb knows that he is not at his best.

Quote Originally Posted by coshida View Post
    Vettel: "Especially here you need the confidence in the car. I am not yet there. I can feel that I am not driving at my best because simply the car does not respond the way I like [...] I seem to be more sensitive at the first races than at the test."

So Seb knows that he is not at his best.
    You could see in Q3, that he was driving extra carefully, like the guy who cannot trust his car.

I think it is irrelevant who is faster, Seb or Charles, we have a bigger problem, our PU needs more horses

Not by being faster in all of them though, but your eyes are closed.
    Forza Ferrari

I have to wholeheartedly agree. More and more this is quite obvious.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Not by being faster in all of them though, but your eyes are closed.
    Faster car will most of the time find itself ahead of slow car. That's how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    I think it is irrelevant who is faster, Seb or Charles, we have a bigger problem, our PU needs more horses
    PU is fine, slow corner is where Mercedes is making all the time. Maybe an improved Q3 mode will be good but other than that, the engine is good enough.

What stops Charles from out qualifying Seb? Seb 3 - 1 Leclerc
    Qualifying speed does not equal fastest in race. There are many examples for this.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve