Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Baku 2019: Race

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    Wasnt this car built on Vettels feedback, for FOUR BLOODY YEARS. And hes not comfortable in it? But charles is?
    Enough said no?

Wow is it so, then why did bottas outqualify Lewis ... when Lewis feedback was much more than bottas ??? He’s 5WDC, merc did prioritise ham. But still at times why Lewis isn’t comfortable with the car ???

Everyone has their own driving styles?? Warm up & start procedures...!!
    I think this is enough.

Leclerc thinks he had pace. I thik so too. Leclerc put pit stop window between him and Gasly, so to say "oh he didnt have so much speed, by end of stint Gasly was faster" is pure and simply bs. Even Vettel is coming out say he doesnt feel comfortable, so that is more of a defebse because Leclerc was simply faster IMO.

But anyway, I am happy with our driving pair. What Im not happy about is everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Wow is it so, then why did bottas outqualify Lewis ... when Lewis feedback was much more than bottas ??? He’s 5WDC, merc did prioritise ham. But still at times why Lewis isn’t comfortable with the car ???

Everyone has their own driving styles?? Warm up & start procedures...!!
    I think this is enough.
    Bottas has been in the merc team for 3 years now. Car is built on both their feedbacks.
    Now our kindergarten kid has just joined this team. In his first race, he asked the pitwall if he can pass the 4 time champ. sigh.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    Bottas has been in the merc team for 3 years now. Car is built on both their feedbacks.
    Now our kindergarten kid has just joined this team. In his first race, he asked the pitwall if he can pass the 4 time champ. sigh.
    Pathetic... didn’t expect such post from you.
    Car is built on both drivers feedback. If Lec is such consistent fast why didn’t he outqualify vettel in Aus or China GP ???

Now clarify my first point, in AUS GP why did team give vettel wrong strategy & Lec the right strategy ??? Then I’ll come back to ur team order question.!!

Where ever vettel qualified or finished in all these 4races. He simply said, he’s not able to find the right balance with the car As in Barcelona testing. Which means car is sensitive to track conditions, it has very narrow operating window. Can’t say more than this.

We wanted more

28 April 2019 – Scuderia Ferrari Mission Winnow leaves Azerbaijan having taken its third podium finish of the season, but with a sense of regret at not getting a better result. Sebastian Vettel finished third for the second consecutive race, while Charles Leclerc, starting back in eighth because of his qualifying mistake, worked his way up to fifth and, at one point even led the race for 19 laps. He also took the point for setting the race fastest lap.

Sebastian maintained his third place off the grid, while Charles, on the Medium tyres dropped from eighth to tenth but, from the second lap began a great climb up the order. He picked off his rivals at the rate of one per lap, despatching them in the order Daniel Ricciardo, Daniil Kvyat, Carlos Sainz, Lando Norris, Sergio Perez and Max Verstappen, to move to third place, by the time Vettel pitted on lap 11. Shortly afterwards, Valtteri Bottas and Lewis Hamilton pitted to go from Softs to Mediums and that saw Charles in the lead.

At this point, the team opted to lengthen Leclerc’s stint as much as possible, in case a Safety Car period would mean the Monegasque driver could pit losing less time and could thus set off in attacking mode for the final stint. The opportunity never arose and Charles came in on lap 34, rejoining sixth behind Pierre Gasly, whom he took one lap to pass.

In the closing stages, Sebastian managed his lead over Max Verstappen, to finish third behind Bottas and Hamilton. Charles was running unchallenged in fifth and therefore on lap 47, he pitted for fresh tyres to go for the fastest lap of the race. He did it, setting a new track record of 1’43”009. It was Ferrari’s 250th fastest lap in Formula 1. The next round takes place in two weeks’ time in Spain.

Sebastian Vettel #5
    “That was fun driving today, although not so much in the first stint when I couldn’t get the tyres to work and I didn’t have as much grip as I’d expected. We were not quick and the performance was uneven because I damaged the tyres trying to get them up to temperature and then, once they were there, they didn’t give the performance I’d expected because, they were damaged. After the pit stop I really got a good pace and I had fun because I felt the car was fully under control and I felt free to push, even if it wasn’t enough to put our rivals under pressure. At the restart following the Virtual Safety Car, I set my fastest lap and I managed to get the gap to Verstappen to a second. I think that by then he realised he couldn’t attack me and so I was able to drop the pace a bit in the closing laps. Our pace was alright today, but not good enough. The whole team is working to the maximum and so I feel confident. I believe in this team and I know we can improve. We have a good car, but we’re not using it in the way to get the results we should be getting. It’s like a Rubik’s cube where you have to have everything in the right order. We have a lot of clever people in the team who could solve that puzzle in less than two minutes, but in this case the cube is a bit bigger.”

Charles Leclerc #16
    “We extracted the most we could have done out of today’s race. After the setback in qualifying, I started from P8 on medium tyres. It was a bit tricky in the beginning, because everyone around me was starting on the soft compound while I struggled a little bit to get up to speed. Once I got the tyres up to temperature, I had good grip and the situation improved. We had a strong first stint and were able to gain some positions there. After the pit-stop it became clear that we would not be able to move further up the order, so we decided to stop pushing to save the tyres, pitted for a new set and so I was able to bring home the point for the fastest lap at the end. Overall, it hasn’t been the best weekend but our potential was clearly there and I hope that we will have a much better performance at the next GP in Spain again.”

Mattia Binotto Team Principal
    “Our performance did not live up to our expectations today. Qualifying had not gone the way we would have wanted and, on this track, grid positions make a big difference, as starting further back makes everything more difficult. In the race, there were no Safety Car periods to take advantage of, which might have played into our hands against our rivals. Sebastian produced a solid performance, always close to the two leaders and he fully deserved to finish on the podium. Charles ran a great race, moving up the order, after losing a few places at the start, because it was harder for him to get his Medium tyres up to temperature than it was for those on the Softs. Today, our pace was not good enough and our rivals were faster. We have to go home, identify the areas where we are weak and push in our way of working, to make more aggressive choices to get back to where we deserve to be.”
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Dont worry some (gloryhunters) Ferrari fans just hate Seb, in reality he was the only driver in last 4 years that could put a major fight to the Mercedes. The only one, who was leading the championship in a new turbo era (he was leading even in 2015 at one point of the season, or I think it was equal on point after 2 races with Lewis). They so called fans should show some respect to him. Nobody is perfect.
    But people like Chinmay are blind fanboys off Vettel and ignore everything that isn't in his favor. Vettel is really good, but he needs a car with a perfect rearend. He can't adapt to a car like Max, Alonso or Hamilton. Vettel should have been champion in at least 2018.
    Even Newey has said Vettel is in need of a car very specific to his needs. He believes Max and Alonso are better because they can adapt much better. But give Vettel a car the way he wants, he is lightning fast.

I hope after this race Toto and Lewis will finally realize that nobody believes them anymore when they say Ferrari are faster than them. I also hope that the next time they do, somebody from the media will slap them in the face mid sentence to shut them up.

Seb says it's very boring watching mercedes dominate and all teams need to work harder in beating them I am sure he means Ferrari what a debacle it's become with such predictable out comes .Trying to catch and then beat mercedes will bankrupt teams my advice for all low and midfield teams pull out when the opportunity arises and stop throwing millions of euros on the never never try something new formula mercedes must end because if this does not then liberty media have purchased a lemon the only winner is Bernie.

Is winnow a jinx on the drivers? I dunno but I get more and more depressed with F1 now. It seems if Ferrari take 2 steps forward Mercedes take three. They seem totally unbeatable now and I am wondering how they can stay in front for so many yrs. Do you think they are cheating in some way ,are very very lucky or they are just far better than everyone elsr? It's miserable for non Mercedes fans

Quote Originally Posted by Cevertmyhero View Post
    Is winnow a jinx on the drivers? I dunno but I get more and more depressed with F1 now. It seems if Ferrari take 2 steps forward Mercedes take three. They seem totally unbeatable now and I am wondering how they can stay in front for so many yrs. Do you think they are cheating in some way ,are very very lucky or they are just far better than everyone elsr? It's miserable for non Mercedes fans
    I think at first it was a bit of cheating and politics, but now they are just building on previous success and making better cars. They have better staff and better discipline, better pit wall and better strategy.

I said before, something to do with the coulture at Ferrari is preventing them from building a winning car.

I don't see any other manufacturer challenging Merc for the title so if Ferrari doesn't win, it will be Merc dominance for at least another 4-5 years.

In all the races so far except Bahrain, Red Bull has been much closer to Ferrari than Ferrari is to Mercedes.

Ferrari vs Red bull Honda that's what's left forget mercedes they are in a league of there own Hamilton v Bottas and the other teams well forget.

Its the tyres!

Q: You’re clearly close to Mercedes, based on the finishing positions here. What do you think is going to be key to breaking this run of form that Mercedes has shown?

SV: Well, we need stronger pace, simple as that. We need to be faster. I’m convinced we’ve been, partly this weekend, looking very strong but overall not strong enough. So, it seems that for us it’s more of a conscious effort to get the car in the right window, whereas maybe for them it seems to click a little bit easier. Especially a place like around here, you need the confidence in the car. I’m not yet there. I can feel that I’m not driving at my best because simply the car does not answer or does not respond the way I like. And then I think it’s unnatural. I think everybody’s been there. I think all drivers know that sort of feeling: when it’s not there, then your judgement is normally right, to not go there because you end-up losing the car. So, yeah, I seem to be more sensitive at the first races than at the test. The test was really good but that’s a long time ago now. We need to look forward and improve the way we handle things, the way we work to just get faster. That’s it.

Q: (Scott Mitchell – Autosport) Seb, the feeling for you and Charles earlier in the weekend was that the team had made a step here, that the upgrades were working as you liked, and it just seemed like the circumstances of the weekend just sort of went away from you. Do you still retain that positivity from earlier in the weekend or do you feel like there is a sort of similar amount of work to do as before?

SV: Well, absolutely I think it was a step forward with our car, but I think more of a dominating factor is just the way we seem to be able to get on top of or into these tyres. I think there’s a lot of performance in that. The struggle we had here in those low speed corners is less of an aero problem, more of a mechanical grip issue. So a lot of homework for us, obviously, in the last couple of weeks, but I’m sure that once we get everything together the car is strong, and then we will be much more in the fight. At this stage, obviously, averaging the first four races we were just not quick enough.

Its the tyres!

If it’s tyres, then it will come down to ferrari’s DF level & suspension. They aren’t able to warm up they’d tyres with current design philosophy.

so realistically, Mercs will be favourites again in Barcelona.
    Monaco i don't know, perhaps RB will have a chance? And Ferrari?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Let's not give up hope. Both our drivers want to win this even more than we do so let's trust them to find a way. Maybe develop their own strategy

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    If it’s tyres, then it will come down to ferrari’s DF level & suspension. They aren’t able to warm up they’d tyres with current design philosophy.
    IMO Bakus long straight did show us, that we lack power.

We don’t have the fastest car. Until it’s resolved don’t expect us to win.
    Mercs smashing the F1 field brutally. I do appreciate their team work & drivers in bringing out such consistent performance.
    Although initially they did lot of manipulation’s, now they are at their peak performance. Should definitely congratulate them for their efforts.

Ferrari need to work a lot more than what is needed. I don’t see a chance, need to give head start for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    IMO Bakus long straight did show us, that we lack power.
    Don’t think our PU is weak.
    Ferrari doesn’t have race pace over Mercs.

Its the tyres!
    They have changed the elements of the tyres since winter testing?
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

If nothing changes until then, we will be nowhere in Monaco. The track will expose our lack of general race pace and in particular low speed corners.

Leclerc had an average race. He was great on the harder tire but then again everybody was. Only Mercedes knew how to get speed from the softer tire, that's why they won.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Leclerc had an average race. He was great on the harder tire but then again everybody was. Only Mercedes knew how to get speed from the softer tire, that's why they won.
    Must hurt you to see him doing well after you predicted he would be useless
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Must hurt you to see him doing well after you predicted he would be useless
    everyone changed their opinions after seeing him in ferrari.
    I think @kimibot too said it’s too early for him. But after seeing his performance in Bahrain, he changed his view.

Mercedes owns the corners and Barcelona and most circuits after it are all about corners, we have to up our game..