Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Spanish GP: Practices & Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by ferenc_k View Post
    I really hope all races will be a Merc win, and all poles will be won by them. Then there will be a chance to really think about what went wrong with F1. It is just not possible that all the rest of the teams just went dumb. And dumber...
    And the fans will disappear, advertisers as well, TVs will not show f1 anymore, people will not go to race tracks..... And THEN F1 managers might do something.

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    Every thing is wrong with this car
    And with the team - developers and pitwall.

I will just say that I cannot believe that Ferrari has no resources, or ideas, or they don't know how to build and setup a car.
    Thus, the only explanation I have is that either the competion has more ideas, or more resources. And by the later, I mean computational resources.

And no, don't tell me anything about fixed Tflops, or time in the wind tunnel etc. Those things can't be monitored/ policed. I might be very wrong, but this is my gut feeling.

Believe it or not in my dream this night I saw a 1-2 for Ferrari. And when I woke up, I remembered it was only just a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Believe it or not in my dream this night I saw a 1-2 for Ferrari. And when I woke up, I remembered it was only just a dream.
    Even luck can’t save ferrari SF90 car this year.
    Monaco, Singapore,Austria, japan, Mexico, Abu Dhabi these tracks will be absolutely festival for ferrari.
    Car will dance on these circuits.

Maybe this is why Bottas is getting extra support this year. At least make the sport a bit more interesting by challenging Lewis and perhaps even wining a title.

Compared to mercs, ferrari have extra set of mediums.
    Pirelli said it’s a one stop strategy. So softs should work till lap 27 as Pirelli chief predicted. Rest 39L would be on Mediums.

Vettel’s hint of more towards race set-up mean they are going for 2 stop strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Maybe this is why Bottas is getting extra support this year. At least make the sport a bit more interesting by challenging Lewis and perhaps even wining a title.

Ham will start negotiations within mercs team if bottas beats him this race.
    Luckily for mercs, ferrari isn’t competitive. So any negotiations would be played Down.

I took a closer look at qualifying yesterday compared to last year in Q3, pole compared to Seb (3rd both years). Last year's sectors below.

LH: 21.525, 28.316, 26.326
    SV: 21.551, 28,555, 26.199

This year.

VB: 21.488, 28.040 = 49.528, 25.878
    SV: 21.284, 28.357 = 49.641, 26.611

So last year Merc was faster in both S1 and S2. Ferrari was faster in S3. This year it's the opposite. What we gained in the first sector, we lost heavily in S3. S2 is interesting because in the video below, VB compared to SV, they are basicly neck and neck until that yellow bridge/board after 0.54. It's basicly 0.1 after S1 and S2 and all is lost in the breaking for that slow left-hander.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQHs...ature=youtu.be

S3 starts just after it (or thereabout) and you can see how much later Bottas brakes than Seb. So that 0.3 lost in S2 all basicly comes within a few meters before/after the bridge/board. But the point I'm trying to make is that this year the SF90 is great not only in a straight line compared to Merc but also through fast sweeping corners, like S1 and part of S2. Seb is clearly ahead at that point. That wasn't so last year. But then something happens. When it comes to breaking late for a slow corner and through slow corners in S3 we're losing more than a lot. Merc must have come up with something very special. I wonder what that may be? But one thing is for sure, we have closed the gap in the long sweeping corners, and even passed Merc. But again, what are they doing in the low-speed sections?
    Last edited by 512 TR; 12th May 2019 at 10:39.

I'm wondering whether the start time for quali and the race having been put back by an hour may have had an effect on comparisons with previous years' times, also the fact that it's generally cooler later in the afternoon/evening so finding the tyre window is even more critical. Our car has always tended to be quicker in hotter temperatures too. Excuses, I know, but we need something to cling on to, trying to be positive gets harder with every race. We live in hope but that is rapidly diminishing.

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    I hope you are welcomed home by a different result. Believe in miracles it's where we are.
    I've just checked and I saw result whih was obvious. Again there are no miracles!

My opinion team must stop everything on 2019 car and put all resources to 2020 car because differnce 0.6-0.8 gap now and last years gap 0.1-0.3 get hope for battle .But now its over.

"The limits of SF90 have become clearer this weekend. We have understeer and aerodynamic load problems. How long it will take to solve them is hard to say. It may also be that we have made a mistake with the concept itself."

- Binotto

Quote Originally Posted by Noquarter View Post
    "The limits of SF90 have become clearer this weekend. We have understeer and aerodynamic load problems. How long it will take to solve them is hard to say. It may also be that we have made a mistake with the concept itself."

- Binotto
    Source? Looks like a fabricated quote, I can't find him saying anything close to the last line in the actual interview.

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/919966...ot-each-corner

Quote Originally Posted by ss-89 View Post
    Source? Looks like a fabricated quote, I can't find him saying anything close to the last line in the actual interview.

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/919966...ot-each-corner
    https://www.racefans.net/2019/05/13/...-heavy-defeat/

The most worrying thing is they don't know what is wrong.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Noquarter View Post

- Binotto

By the time they fix this, the titles will be long gone. Time to focus in next year .

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    if it's the same case till year end, then next year too we are in for disaster season.
    When you analyze & don't understand ….first time it can be excused.
    But analysis going on for each race, the same problem occurring & no solutions for that. Then it's issue with talent pool.
    credibility will be questioned & scrutinised.

Ferrari, for the moment, is clueless after the SpanishGP.

The Merc's have phenomenal speed in the corners. Both cars have good straight line speed but the corners are killing us and the Merc's are on another level.

Ferrari should protest Merc's rear-end suspension just for clarification so we can see how it works to put it in the 2020 car NOW. All's fair in love and war.

Otherwise, it will be the ace-in-the-hole for the Mercs when it comes to the corners.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

If we don't know what's wrong well then the season is over.

See you all in 2020.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Exactly. They don’t know why they are slow:. That’s the most depressing part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll give you one better... They said the last race (ot the race before) they knew what is wrong and that they will work on it. Now they don't know. This frightens me out.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    I'll give you one better... They said the last race (ot the race before) they knew what is wrong and that they will work on it. Now they don't know. This frightens me out.
    wts even more frightening thing is, even after this test if they still don't know the solution or answer.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    wts even more frightening thing is, even after this test if they still don't know the solution or answer.
    I am not an engineer, but I still think it has a lot to do with the tyres and getting them in the optimal working window. Whatever it is I hope they find some sort of solution.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    I am not an engineer, but I still think it has a lot to do with the tyres and getting them in the optimal working window. Whatever it is I hope they find some sort of solution.
    You think right 100%. Most every driver interview includes the problem with tires! That's coming from the driver's point of view not just fans . Pirelli is running F-1; and I don't see them as Ferrari fans at all.

It is also worrying that it is possible someone in the organization might know and is not being heard. A chance for MB to show the change he is purported to have brought to the organizational dynamic. Just odd to me how hundreds of people are collectively scratching their heads.

Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    It is also worrying that it is possible someone in the organization might know and is not being heard. A chance for MB to show the change he is purported to have brought to the organizational dynamic. Just odd to me how hundreds of people are collectively scratching their heads.
    Yessir, fratello. It has a surreal feeling to it. I have confidence that they will sort it. Not as confident that it will be in time for this year.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    Yessir, fratello. It has a surreal feeling to it. I have confidence that they will sort it. Not as confident that it will be in time for this year.
    Ciao, kapatid! Yeah things look very bleak at the moment but it is what it is. I suppose we shall see.

Fyi, for those wishing to watch FP's at the MonacoGP, Friday is an off day so Thurs., Sat, &, Sun.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom Hearts View Post
    By the time they fix this, the titles will be long gone. Time to focus in next year .

Isn't it already obvious?!?!? It is OVER!!!! Sadly after just five races!!!