Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Spanish GP: Race

Another boring race.
    Another Ferrari team errors and slow car.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Why does the task of stopping mercs dominance rest solely on Ferrari? The media and F1 world act like it’s only a 2 team championship. Yes, Ferrari were horrible today, this season will be one to forget. Our car is horrible and our strategy is worse. However, make no mistake that no team in F1 can dethrone Mercedes. This turbo era has been a complete joke...Merc has always had more power to unleash and only does when needed. Ask yourselves this:

Why would Hamilton leave McLaren (then a championship contender) to go to Mercedes (then a midfield team at best).
    Answer- he was told that he would have zero competition throughout this whole turbo era and would break every record. Merc knew what they had in there hands when they asked for this formula. Ferrari accepted it underestimating the task at hand. F1 has sunk itself by allowing this to continue. No team despite the budget will ever overturn Merc in this era.
    I accept the statement why only ferrari.
    At the same time, ferrari is the team that is getting paid huge. With the resources & history, funding there are high expectations as it is manufacturing not a works team.
    Last year ferrari had strong car although not championship winning car, platform was laid to have a better car this year. But it didn’t happen.

Why does the task of stopping mercs dominance rest solely on Ferrari? The media and F1 world act like it’s only a 2 team championship. Yes, Ferrari were horrible today, this season will be one to forget. Our car is horrible and our strategy is worse. However, make no mistake that no team in F1 can dethrone Mercedes. This turbo era has been a complete joke...Merc has always had more power to unleash and only does when needed. Ask yourselves this:

Why would Hamilton leave McLaren (then a championship contender) to go to Mercedes (then a midfield team at best).
    Answer- he was told that he would have zero competition throughout this whole turbo era and would break every record. Merc knew what they had in there hands when they asked for this formula. Ferrari accepted it underestimating the task at hand. F1 has sunk itself by allowing this to continue. No team despite the budget will ever overturn Merc in this era.
    Currently, Mercedes no longer has the advantage of power. But it has an excellent chassis and definitely the best organizations. There are also no stupid strategists like Ferrari

^enough said....could NOT have put it in any better words myself....Merc had a good 5+ years headstart on this new hybrid turbo engine and new it would be bulletproof from the word GO....Ferrari has been playing catch up eversince, and some may say that we may be on par with the Merc on engine side.....but deep down i think they're still ahead adn only releasing the power tap little by little as they need it...
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Seb had to go for that lap 1 move, the only chance for beating even 1 mercedes. Seb on a really bad strategy, came back, why the hell would you leave him soo long out on the destroyed tyres. He let Leclerc go, and then they waited 10 laps for Leclerc letting Seb go. Both had a really bad strategy, we had at least the pace to challenge for the podium, but Mercedes is unstopable.

Quote Originally Posted by Noquarter View Post
    Currently, Mercedes no longer has the advantage of power. But it has an excellent chassis and definitely the best organizations. There are also no stupid strategists like Ferrari
    how do you know that??? do YOU work for them??? didnt' think so.....mate, they are playing with us to make us think we have a strong engine.....and wehn needed, they open up hte POWER tap just enough to make them stronger....and YES their chassis is supreme compared to ours....but deep down i still think they have the upper hand in engine power compared to us
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Believe what you want, I choose to believe that Merc always had more power to unleash and still does. Whatever advantage we think we had wasn’t real. And even if it was, MercFIA made sure to remove our advantage. That, plus the tyre advantage Merc always had. Tyre tests, compound changes, PSI changes all worked and continue to work in Mercs favour. I will repeat, no amount of prize money or budget will allow any team to dethrone Merc.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Sounds quite correct to me, and today Ferrari were beaten fair and square by a Honda-engined Red Bull, mainly thanks to misguided and poor reactions from the pitwall. Where was our power boost from the upgraded engine, we couldn't even keep up with the RB-Honda, our slow corner performance is dire so there is little hope of any improvement in the next few races, and we are already way off the championship trail and our drivers lying 4th and 5th in the WDC. Embarrassing doesn't cover it and I feel sorry for Seb and Charles, something is seriously wrong in the team, I don't believe Binotto can handle the pressure alone and I've never really trusted Jock Clear since he came from Mercedes. It's a painful experience supporting this team and I see no way forward at present.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfsmith View Post
    Another boring race.
    Another Ferrari team errors and slow car.
    One in a many to follow...

As would great late Gary Moore say:
    As the years go passing by...

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    As would great late Gary Moore say:
    As the years go passing by...
    ...still no WDC or WCC for Ferrari....maybe we'll have a shot when new rules take place in 2021....then again i won't be holding my breath

Believe what you want, I choose to believe that Merc always had more power to unleash and still does. Whatever advantage we think we had wasn’t real. And even if it was, MercFIA made sure to remove our advantage. That, plus the tyre advantage Merc always had. Tyre tests, compound changes, PSI changes all worked and continue to work in Mercs favour. I will repeat, no amount of prize money or budget will allow any team to dethrone Merc.
    Even this year in Bahrain it was not seen that Mercedes has the power advantage. Rather Ferrari gained advantage on every straight and lost in the slow sector 2. If it was not for the engine, then Scuderia would be far behind Red Bull. This is currently our only strength.

Does anyone know if Leclerc's floor got fixed after he ran over the kerbs and damaged it during qualifying??

I have yet to see anything on it OR I missed it.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Like sands through the hour glass this is Ferraris life .

Toto Wolff:

We have added performance every single weekend and I think this is the main reason. They have just put in a new engine which was an upgrade, but going down fast in a straight line is not the only tool that you need, you also need to go around the corners fast.

It sounds a little bit like a no-brainer, but here it unlocked the potential of our car in the last sector.

We've changed a little bit the way we develop the car and how much emphasis we put on those slow speed corners. It'll be interesting to see if we can really translate that at Monaco and it would be great to have a big party there. I've missed that.
    Quite a big party awaits him in Monaco by the looks of it.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    ^enough said....could NOT have put it in any better words myself....Merc had a good 5+ years headstart on this new hybrid turbo engine and new it would be bulletproof from the word GO....Ferrari has been playing catch up eversince, and some may say that we may be on par with the Merc on engine side.....but deep down i think they're still ahead adn only releasing the power tap little by little as they need it...
    I seriously can't believe people believing this . It was Renault/RBR that pushed for the V6 engine, not Mercedes. Ferrari supporters give our team nothing but a bad name. Please stop this

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Fortuna View Post
    I seriously can't believe people believing this . It was Renault/RBR that pushed for the V6 engine, not Mercedes. Ferrari supporters give our team nothing but a bad name. Please stop this
    MB, along with Renault, want to go I-4's but Ferrari was not having so all agreed to the V-6 hybrid platform.

RBR don't make engines. If they had it their way, we would be seeing V-10's or V-12's.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

There is undeniable advantage of the mercedes on the corners especially the slow speed corners.
    Since after belgium last year where the got spanked by Ferrari. Toto said it belgium opened their eyes.

It is so evident looking in the comparison bottas vs vettel in qualifing. I can t believe we lost son much time in s3.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRSMAD View Post
    There is undeniable advantage of the mercedes on the corners especially the slow speed corners.
    Since after belgium last year where the got spanked by Ferrari. Toto said it belgium opened their eyes.

It is so evident looking in the comparison bottas vs vettel in qualifing. I can t believe we lost son much time in s3.
    Since Singapore 2018
    Mercedes dominates with a huge advantage in slow corners. Nobody is close.

Yes, this is obviously Formula Merc. but at least Seb tried to provoke a Merc first turn incident by doing what he did at the start.

If you combine this, https://streamable.com/uj2dg ,with the team radio after the race it's pretty clear they all knew it was the only chance to shake up a Merc 1-2. Seb is actually further ahead than both Mercs trying to see if he can drag at least one of them over the edge. It almost worked against Bottas. I admire that. That's a racing driver.

Personally, i believe they are doing something very clever with engine braking.

The way they carry so much more speed in the corners than everybody else.

Its like if they don t need to brake as much because there is a resistance slowing them down when off throttle.
    What im saying might be some conspiracy but to me thats what it looks like.

Watching quali laps between Bot and Vet its visible how much better that car is. Its easy to be balanced when you are 10% slower through the apex. Its all in chassis, nothing in engine and people going on about engine should just shut up. They put 0.7s on us in S3. Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    Watching quali laps between Bot and Vet its visible how much better that car is. Its easy to be balanced when you are 10% slower through the apex. Its all in chassis, nothing in engine and people going on about engine should just shut up. They put 0.7s on us in S3. Nuff said.
    In one very slow sector where engine power means little.

Says who?

Toto Wolff?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Totto wolf has said Ferrari have failed in there design concept.They have a car which is fast on the straits only and does not turn in or out of corners achtung Ferrari listen to the wolf he has given you the heads up.Binnotto you have provided a car which is better suited to drag racing formula 1 has corners and bends Mr Binnotto.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Says who?

Toto Wolff?
    Bahrain was the most demanding track in terms of pure power this year. Do you remember how well Ferrari fell out? Charles had a victory in his pocket.

Bahrain was the most demanding track in terms of pure power this year. Do you remember how well Ferrari fell out? Charles had a victory in his pocket.
    Actually the Baku straight was the longest and they easily beat us. We are nowhere at the moment and will be even worse than that in Monaco

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Actually the Baku straight was the longest and they easily beat us. We are nowhere at the moment and will be even worse than that in Monaco
    don't even want to think about monaco, it will be a BLOOD BATH for Ferrari

Now kids, lets all thank Mr. Luca di Montezemolo for agreing with the rules that Mercs have been preparing for almost 5 years before hand. All together now, thank you Mr. di Montezemolo.