Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314

Thread: 2019 Spanish GP: Race

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    I think any F1 racer ever (maybe even Maldonado! ) would win in the Merc, since 2014. I am surprised Merc even have to pay their drivers considering the car is the reason they are winning.

Funny thing is this forum was rife back in 2012 with comments degrading Hamilton saying his career was over and comparing him to Villeneuve. How times have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    And everyone still thinks Hamilton is godlike and the best racer since aryton senna....please, lance stroll could put that Merc in P1 and win the WCC.

Not everyone thinks Hamilton is a god, you being a prime example. Where are you getting that from? But people can make valid arguments that he is better than Vettel or Alonso no? They can make valid arguments that he is better than Schumacher too. Nothing at all egregious about that. The same reason Hamilton is not a god, neither was Schumacher. Or Senna himself who couldn’t decisively beat Prost even though he was the quicker driver.

Very accurate post! For the most part Lewis has to win on his own. Bottas is no Rubens for sure even with regards to pole, they are both treated equal. Shumy for sure had it made. Todt Ross and Rubens worked for him .

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Very accurate post! For the most part Lewis has to win on his own. Bottas is no Rubens for sure even with regards to pole, they are both treated equal. Shumy for sure had it made. Todt Ross and Rubens worked for him .
    Russian GP 2018, embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Russian GP 2018, embarrassing.
    Embarrassing for sure. It was 2018. Back in the Shumy years that was considered normal. During most every race Rubens was on notice. I believe what success Bottas has going this year so far is Merc and Lewis' letting him know he's appreciated. Again that was one race not every race.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonecrasher View Post
    Oh the bitterness......lol
    Not everyone thinks Hamilton is a god, you being a prime example. Where are you getting that from? But people can make valid arguments that he is better than Vettel or Alonso no? They can make valid arguments that he is better than Schumacher too. Nothing at all egregious about that. The same reason Hamilton is not a god, neither was Schumacher. Or Senna himself who couldn’t decisively beat Prost even though he was the quicker driver.
    Hamilton fans exit to the left - this is a Ferrari forum. Yes, I dislike Hamilton; but my comments are more directed to the fact that Merc is light years ahead of every team. There literally is no reason for any other team to spend money or show up on the weekend. That’s sad, F1 is in a bad shape right now and needs fixing.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Marko furthers my point:

https://www.planetf1.com/news/marko-...w10-dominance/

Marko: Second-class Mazepin proved W10 dominance
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Marko furthers my point:

They are not even hiding it because 2021 is not that far. Their is no need to hide it, just win as much as you can with the obvious boring advantage that you have and have had since 2014. Great job to Luca di M. for agreing to this.

Marko furthers my point:

And? Marko or anyone complaining about Mercedes dominance got gonna achieve anything.

The real problem is teams like Ferrari or Red Bull not coming up with a great car. And as a Ferrari fan it frustrates me greatly that, even with a great budget and facilities, Ferrari not gonna win any championships this year.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    And? Marko or anyone complaining about Mercedes dominance got gonna achieve anything.

The real problem is teams like Ferrari or Red Bull not coming up with a great car. And as a Ferrari fan it frustrates me greatly that, even with a great budget and facilities, Ferrari not gonna win any championships this year.
    Don’t act like we haven’t been trying for the last 5 years...again, they cannot be beaten. Their car is just to far advanced...all the resources spent during this turbo era have just been a waste. You have to give it to Ferrari for trying though.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Don’t act like we haven’t been trying for the last 5 years...again, they cannot be beaten. Their car is just to far advanced...all the resources spent during this turbo era have just been a waste. You have to give it to Ferrari for trying though.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post

We need to think about drivers also!

I think that it may not be over yet. Not looking good, surely. But it ain't over till it's over.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Hamilton wishes
    Schumacher winning in 2004 (or even 2002)-no big deal, really
    The other years-big deal
    Rubens couldn't touch him, most of the time
    Ramilton's team mate can beat him
    LH is certainly a very good driver. Certainly in the top 4 on the grid. World class? Nope
    Last edited by Tifoso; 19th May 2019 at 22:18.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

I think any F1 racer ever (maybe even Maldonado! ) would win in the Merc, since 2014. I am surprised Merc even have to pay their drivers considering the car is the reason they are winning.
    2014-2016 yes, any driver on the grid could challenge for the title in the Merc. But 2017 & 2018 was different. Ferrari had closed some of the gap to Merc in 2017 & then completely matched them in 2018. In fact, there's a case to be made of Ferrari having the best car in 2018. Without a top driver in the Merc cars 2017 & 2018, Vettel in the Ferrari walks the 2017 & 2018 titles.

Interesting.
    IMO, there are a few drivers (not named SV or KR) that no doubt would've won the '17 and '18 WDC's driving the great cars Ferrari designed/developed those seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Exactly my point, that Merc is on another world compared to the rest....and yes I’d agree with you on that pretty much anyone on today’s grid can become WDC in that car, even Stroller.....lol

Point being, Hamster is NOT God,s gift to F1.....he’s just in a perfect car driving at a perfect time....that’s all

Yes, this years Merc is looking very much like some of the extra special Ferrari's Schumacher won championships in. And the RB's SV took to multi WDC's before reg changes and DR exposed him.
    In any event, no doubt (in my mind) that Merc's pre-season testing this year has set bar for the highest level of sandbagging ever seen.

Seb is looking at how the Merc exhaust & aero is implemented to produce max rear DF. He knows that his driving style demands an advantage is this area in order to help him drive/win... and additionally to help him not make more driving errors than any 4X WDC in history.
    Last edited by F-e-r-r-nando; 24th May 2019 at 10:12. Reason: Grammer

Quote Originally Posted by ROCHEY View Post
    2014-2016 yes, any driver on the grid could challenge for the title in the Merc. But 2017 & 2018 was different. Ferrari had closed some of the gap to Merc in 2017 & then completely matched them in 2018. In fact, there's a case to be made of Ferrari having the best car in 2018. Without a top driver in the Merc cars 2017 & 2018, Vettel in the Ferrari walks the 2017 & 2018 titles.

You could also say: WITH a top driver in the '17/'18 Ferrari's, Ferrari wins those championships, even with HAM in the Merc.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    You might be alone on this. I am sure people would be happy that Seb tried to do something at the start after seeing the result of yesterday.

Are you serious?
    With his start he was in the perfect position to move to the inside, brake late, forcing the Merc's wide, resulting in 1st, 2nd, or at worst slipping back into a close 3rd place. Instead, SV tries to pass the best cars on the grid around the outside of turn one (lol), destroys his front left tyre, setting up the perfect blunder to blow his race (and with the help of the team) also seriously hamper his teammates race.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    We all are frustrated but no obligation to support the team and wish them all nonsense just because you’re unhappy

Exactly.
    I read all the negative posts against Ferrari early in this thread like you did, and it's surprising to me how many people seem to be giving up on the team. Sure, voice opinions of where you feel they could/should be doing a better job. Sure, get angry over mistakes you feel should not have been made. But F1 is a TEAM sport! and history has shown that even the most well funded and proven best teams of the past can go through long dry periods. My favorite NHL hockey team hasn't won a cup since 1967 (when I was five) but I would never stop supporting them, much less give up on them.

Ferrari has been at or near the top for almost forever. That's not often seen in team, sports.

That said, if I were running the team, I would be holding a private meeting where I would be telling CL that he is going to be getting #1 status, with all car development, strategy, team orders, etc. based on him. Seb is going to be your Rubens, but you/we won't tell Seb, just like we didn't tell Rubens.

Seriously, I think this is the smartest way to go. CL will only get better, while Seb was never "great" over a FULL season, even driving the best car on the grid.

I just wish Ferrari would've accepted Alonso's offer to drive on a year to year contract, instead of the sign on for life (5yr?) or we don't wan't you deal new management offered him (someone correct me if I'm wrong). I can't say how the team would be doing with a FA/CL pairing this season, but I'd bet the farm that Merc would not have scored so many 1-2's in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by F-e-r-r-nando View Post
    Are you serious?
    With his start he was in the perfect position to move to the inside, brake late, forcing the Merc's wide, resulting in 1st, 2nd, or at worst slipping back into a close 3rd place. Instead, SV tries to pass the best cars on the grid around the outside of turn one (lol), destroys his front left tyre, setting up the perfect blunder to blow his race (and with the help of the team) also seriously hamper his teammates race.
    There needs to be space on the inside to move there. Seb did exactly that in Malaysia 2016 and went inside and braked late and crashed into Rosberg and got 3 place grid penalty for the next race. If you move to inside, cars in front won't disappear, they are still there, the onus is on the guy behind to determine the correct braking point so as to not crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    Hamilton wishes
    Schumacher winning in 2004 (or even 2002)-no big deal, really
    The other years-big deal
    Rubens couldn't touch him, most of the time
    Ramilton's team mate can beat him
    LH is certainly a very good driver. Certainly in the top 4 on the grid. World class? Nope
    This is what I've been saying from long time. Ham against Alonso competition was only once intra-team battle. Both came equal with points.
    Ham with the Merc dominance won 4 titles. But never competed with strongest competitor or strongest rival car.
    He's definitely very good driver, but not a great legend to include his name with Schumi, Senna etc....

I would say, give the equal car to Alonso,Ham,Vet…..lets c who comes out on top consistently. Then you can rate, drivers talent.
    Wheel to Wheel action, Vet is vulnerable. Ham don't take risks, he compromises himself for the next opportunity. But Alonso, he makes it count.
    Vet dominant when being ahead.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

It's 2019 ,F-1 s best of the best is now Lewis until further notice. Current WCC s are still a big deal. Even if they needed a car to win with. Reruns are cool to watch and discuss in the off season. Now time is where it's at ! Esp.if Charles takes Monaco!

Charles takes Monaco after that Mad max takes Singapore after that gasly takes Mexico .... every driver takes something.
    Except Vettel, this is what someone trying to say.

[QUOTE=nani_s23;1008534.... every driver takes something.
    Except Vettel, this is what someone trying to say. [/QUOTE]

Except Seb ? How many WCCs did he take so far? OK 2019 is still here for all the mentioned drivers. Do you honestly believe these other drivers are better than Seb? I'm assuming you are someone!