Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Spanish GP: Race

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    #AMuS Peter Sauber: "Formula 1 is on the decline. If Mercedes continues to win, soon no one will be watching anymore."
    And he is right, even I as a diehard Ferrari fan stopped watching it and just checking the results.

Odesláno z mého Moto X4 pomocí Tapatalk

As I said yesterday, I was not able to watch race as I am currently in Milan airport waiting for my flight back home. It is good that I was not able to watch it. As I can see Ferrari managed to loose even 3rd!? They are.... I don't want to get banned.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    As I said yesterday, I was not able to watch race as I am currently in Milan airport waiting for my flight back home. It is good that I was not able to watch it. As I can see Ferrari managed to loose even 3rd!? They are.... I don't want to get banned.
    Glad I’m not watching Singapore GP. Can save my bucks for something else.

What a chaotic race for us.
    I agree that we have a shot at P3, but we certainly have no answers to Merc pace.

Last year we saw at times Ferrari struggled when quick decisions had to be made. Seem like this issue is getting worse. We were slow in reacting to straight forward situations, and if what Sky reported was true, the team don't even know what strategy the drivers are on.
    Seem the team have more problems on their hands now than just car pace.

I think this season is going to be a long, challenging one. While Ferrari isn't the only team that can't catch Merc right now, but we are tripping over ourself while fighting to be the best of the rest, and this is painful to watch

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    No wonder Lauda described it as "Spaghetti Culture". It may sound bad but the fact is, Brits are dominating current F1, they have always dominated F1 and will continue to do so.
    Then why dont the Brits own any of their car industry anymore?
    Funny, but poetic justice too.

Ferrari has always been an international team. remember Postlethwaite?
    It was Ron Dennis who hated Latins, hated going to Italy and wouldnt hire any.

lauda being the typical Lauda again, sad when he won 2 , almost 3 championships with Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    What a chaotic race for us.
    I agree that we have a shot at P3, but we certainly have no answers to Merc pace.

Last year we saw at times Ferrari struggled when quick decisions had to be made. Seem like this issue is getting worse. We were slow in reacting to straight forward situations, and if what Sky reported was true, the team don't even know what strategy the drivers are on.
    Seem the team have more problems on their hands now than just car pace.

I think this season is going to be a long, challenging one. While Ferrari isn't the only team that can't catch Merc right now, but we are tripping over ourself while fighting to be the best of the rest, and this is painful to watch
    Great post... without hurting our own team.

This season looked over after China tbh.
    The one thing I'm hoping for now is Merc don't win all 21.

What's frustrates me is, even when Vettel "himself" said he flatspotted his tyres and begging for pitstop and simply couldn't go any faster, they waited 4-5 laps to give the order. By that time Max was 6+ seconds ahead, but Charles, closed that gap to 3.6 seconds. Red Bull then responded by pitting Max. But Ferrari, instead of copying Max kept Charles out for another 7-8 laps. So after Charles's pitstop, the gap to Max was 10.9 seconds....

It's pretty clear to me that Ferrari has no management. They can't manage to two fast drivers and simply don't know what to do with the strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Honzus View Post
    And he is right, even I as a diehard Ferrari fan stopped watching it and just checking the results.

Well it's not Mercedes fault that others are not capable to close the gap. They are very well organized structure and even if they hit the rock on their path, they will work around that problem and solve it. Then you look at Ferrari that sadly looks like they got stuck in blind alley and cannot find exit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    I agree, but I don't see what can stop them of doing that!

I really hope they will win all the poles and all the races as 1-2.
    It is really impossible that none of the other teams, and I really mean NONE of them can come close. It is not about Ferrari only. It is about all the rest of the field.

Boycott for what? for not coming up with a great car even after spending 450+ millions?

And Mercedes haven't been always invincible, last year's Ferrari was championship worthy car and we all know the rest.
    It was only sarcasm! (Must not have come off right). It is just insane that Merc can keep coming up with cars that are miles better than the rest and no other (BIG) team can seem to find out what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by FranksterGM View Post
    Then why dont the Brits own any of their car industry anymore?
    Funny, but poetic justice too.

Ferrari has always been an international team. remember Postlethwaite?
    It was Ron Dennis who hated Latins, hated going to Italy and wouldnt hire any.

lauda being the typical Lauda again, sad when he won 2 , almost 3 championships with Ferrari.
    Welcome to Formula 1 2019.You can worry about British car industry as much as you like, but I don't really care. Today Mercedes, led by Brits scored their 5x 1-2 in a row, and Red Bull the previous dominant team, and led by Brits finished ahead of Ferrari.

And as you said yourself, Lauda won 2 WDC's with Ferrari, so he knows far better about Ferrari's culture than anyone here.

What's frustrates me is, even when Vettel "himself" said he flatspotted his tyres and begging for pitstop and simply couldn't go any faster, they waited 4-5 laps to give the order. By that time Max was 6+ seconds ahead, but Charles, closed that gap to 3.6 seconds. Red Bull then responded by pitting Max. But Ferrari, instead of copying Max kept Charles out for another 7-8 laps. So after Charles's pitstop, the gap to Max was 10.9 seconds....

It's pretty clear to me that Ferrari has no management. They can't manage to two fast drivers and simply don't know what to do with the strategy.
    Indeed, ferrari got 2 chances to get that P3 back. They wasted both opportunities.

What a shambles. We all knew they would be too slow for the win and unable to beat Mercedes, but fumbling the strategy and losing to Red Bull as well? They insist on adding insult to injury.

Monaco, Canada and France to come. They won't get anything at any of those.

Indeed, ferrari got 2 chances to get that P3 back. They wasted both opportunities.
    Than clearly people there are incompetent of that job!

Quote Originally Posted by The Architect View Post
    What a shambles. We all knew they would be too slow for the win and unable to beat Mercedes, but fumbling the strategy and losing to Red Bull as well? They insist on adding insult to injury.

Monaco, Canada and France to come. They won't get anything at any of those.
    I don't see any hope for Monaco, mechanical grip is key there and Ferrari lacks in that department massively.

Canada should be good, it's a rear limited track and favors engine power. But Mercedes will bring their spec-2 engine upgrade there....

Not sure about France.

Quote Originally Posted by Honzus View Post

Same goes for me. I have not watched last 3 races.
    Red is the only color!!!

maybe it's time to start watching other sports, the women's world cup starts in June, lol.

All websites & social media thrashing ferrari saying master class strategy which no one would have thought.

Vettel saying he’s unaware of Lec strategy .... such is our pitwall

Vet team radio :

Vettel : are we on different strategy ?
    Team radio: yup
    Vettel : well wt are we doing then ?
    Team radio: how fast can u go?
    Vettel: faster than currently I’m going on.

Vet vs Lec 2nd stint before SC.

I hope they do. With all 1-2 for the rest of the races. Rude awakening but necessary. We don’t need lame management ala Binotto

Lec: I had no problems with team orders

“There were no problems for me in the first stint. I was quicker but it was difficult when someone behind tells you they are quicker. After that they let me past and I could make my race”.

Vettel: Monaco on paper will be difficult for us because we're losing in low speed corners, we're struggling to put enough grip in those type of corners. You never know, it's Monaco where I think the driver can make the difference if you have the right set up.

Vet team radio :

Vettel : are we on different strategy ?
    Team radio: yup
    Vettel : well wt are we doing then ?
    Team radio: how fast can u go?
    Vettel: faster than currently I’m going on.

Vet vs Lec 2nd stint before SC.
    DISGRACE. FARCE. UNREAL. INCOMPETENCE!
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Five 1-2 in a row since the start of the @FIA @F1 season for @MercedesAMGF1 : impressive, what a demonstration

@Jean Todt

Vettel: In the beginning it was clear that Charles was faster, once he was putting more & more pressure I was happy to let him go.
    Second stint I wasn't aware that we were on different strategies for a long time but once it was clear I was let go... I was obviously a lot faster, I tried to put pressure on Max but with the safety car in the end it didn't really matter.

Can you summarize the last 5 years of your career?

Sebastian Vettel: you!

All websites & social media thrashing ferrari saying master class strategy which no one would have thought.
    Why does the task of stopping mercs dominance rest solely on Ferrari? The media and F1 world act like it’s only a 2 team championship. Yes, Ferrari were horrible today, this season will be one to forget. Our car is horrible and our strategy is worse. However, make no mistake that no team in F1 can dethrone Mercedes. This turbo era has been a complete joke...Merc has always had more power to unleash and only does when needed. Ask yourselves this:

Why would Hamilton leave McLaren (then a championship contender) to go to Mercedes (then a midfield team at best).
    Answer- he was told that he would have zero competition throughout this whole turbo era and would break every record. Merc knew what they had in there hands when they asked for this formula. Ferrari accepted it underestimating the task at hand. F1 has sunk itself by allowing this to continue. No team despite the budget will ever overturn Merc in this era.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~