Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Spanish GP: Race

Most of you guys know this already.

We were 1sec behind...end of S2 into.S3(corners) killed us. Qualifying was telling and was a precursor of how the race would go in S2 into S3.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D6bpIOVXkAENLVh.png
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Max, for 2019, is driving with maturity.....for the moment.

Gasly is no where near Max. If he was, then RedBull would be up there in points with Ferrari.
    Something happened to Max after that crash in qualifications Monaco 2018. He's so more calm and composed now which speaks volumes of how much he has matured since then. And yeah the Red Bull is slower than us but Max manages to pull out the maximum out of their car which struggles with the rear end. Because of that Gasly can't find no rhythm and is far away from Max who obviously tamed the car. Gasly must adapt or finish often close to Max or his head will roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Something happened to Max after that crash in qualifications Monaco 2018. He's so more calm and composed now which speaks volumes of how much he has matured since then. And yeah the Red Bull is slower than us but Max manages to pull out the maximum out of their car which struggles with the rear end. Because of that Gasly can't find no rhythm and is far away from Max who obviously tamed the car. Gasly must adapt or finish often close to Max or his head will roll.
    +1

Gasly's seat will be open at year end.....Kvyat or Albon (rookie).

We should be so lucky that Gasly is "underperforming".

I'm starting to think F1 needs to stop paying Ferrari that extra amount they get every year... it would be for their own good... it will light a fire underneath them and force them to compete rather than permitting them to skate by knowing they have an additional revenue coming in for just being there since the beginning...

I feel like this team needs to feel the pressure more to react better... it's a common thing for we Italians, we never do well unless we feel the heat...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I'm starting to think F1 needs to stop paying Ferrari that extra amount they get every year... it would be for their own good... it will light a fire underneath them and force them to compete rather than permitting them to skate by knowing they have an additional revenue coming in for just being there since the beginning...

I feel like this team needs to feel the pressure more to react better... it's a common thing for we Italians, we never do well unless we feel the heat...
    I don't think it's a money issue Tony. Ferrari deserves it for not leaving the sport while others have....so does McLaren & Wiiliams. Yes, I've said before that Ferrari's historic money needs looking into.

I'll probably get yelled at for this but Ferrari F1 needs to stop being Italian. They need an F1 facility in Great Britain where everyone else is at. I've said this before.

Honda has done it and they are catching up in the engine dept.

This whole firing people does nothing for consistency in the F1 team. Look at MB and RedBull....same Toto and Horner.

Man, I still can’t digest 5 straight 1-2 for Mercedes, unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    More than that if you count last year.

Yeah, it's demoralizing to me and we still have more to go........[vomit].

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post

It’s the exact opposite, I think no other team on the grid faces as much pressure as Ferrari. Everyone expects greatness all the time. I mentioned it in an earlier post - why is the burden only on Ferrari to dethrone Merc? There are plenty of other teams (McLaren and RedBull) with the budgets and facilities in place to compete, yet they haven’t. It always comes to Ferrari - for that they deserve the extra payout.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

I can. Merc did a great job designing the car. They have a ruthless team principle who goes all in to make sure they win, can lobby for rules which benefit his team. He also knows how to play the PR game and kicks ass at misinformation. Ferrari is an utter failure when it comes to design, inovation, lobbying and PR. They fail on all front, hens they are 1 second behind and will never win unless the coulture in the team changes

Wait when mercedes hit 10 strait victories or close to they smash every body brilliant team a bullet proof out fit love there work you have to admire .On the other hand Ferrari are taking a battering in the italian press there year is over chaio send the headlines see you next year.Max was praised big time by the press like a falcon he swooped onto the hopeless Ferraris I guess it sums it up.

Camilleri: "Binotto has all my support, I'm sure he will find a solution. Now we have two days of important tests and we trust that we can benefit quickly. However, I don't have a crystal ball, I can't say when we will find a solution

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Camilleri: "Binotto has all my support, I'm sure he will find a solution. Now we have two days of important tests and we trust that we can benefit quickly. However, I don't have a crystal ball, I can't say when we will find a solution
    2020 maybe??
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Kings of sandbagging.

Ferrari and Mercedes were equally quick in testing at Barcelona...but only one team improved last weekend.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D6diTEfW0AAVrOu.jpg

I've also noticed during FP's, the MB drivers are not as eagerly to jump into the cars. Then they tell the press that Ferrari is faster or they're having problems with the tires because both Ferrari drivers are at the top of FP's. Then come quali.....BOOOOM.....front row lock-out.

Not only are they kings of sandbagging, they are masters at psyching everyone out. Like they're toying with Ferrari and the whole media circus. They're doing this on purpose and Toto is the ringleader.

This should never have happened. Damn that fuel injector.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Now kids, lets all thank Mr. Luca di Montezemolo for agreing with the rules that Mercs have been preparing for almost 5 years before hand. All together now, thank you Mr. di Montezemolo.
    wow. now you are blaming LDM for this?
    Its been 5 yrs since the turbo era started, i would imagine enough time to catch up. no? Especially a team like Ferrari.
    And its not like we were lighting the track on fire before the turbo era. We havent won a championship since Kimi won in 2007, and that too i might add because Mclaren boys were squabbling between themselves. So realistically, Schumis 2004 title was our last. (though, i would love to count Felipes 2008 title bid as ours )

We gain nothing from point fingers at people who arent there anymore.
    I think we can accept that we wont be doing great at Monaco. Maybe after that we can come back.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Kings of sandbagging.

Ferrari and Mercedes were equally quick in testing at Barcelona...but only one team improved last weekend.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D6diTEfW0AAVrOu.jpg

I've also noticed during FP's, the MB drivers are not as eagerly to jump into the cars. Then they tell the press that Ferrari is faster or they're having problems with the tires because both Ferrari drivers are at the top of FP's. Then come quali.....BOOOOM.....front row lock-out.

Not only are they kings of sandbagging, they are masters at psyching everyone out. Like they're toying with Ferrari and the whole media circus. They're doing this on purpose and Toto is the ringleader.
    It's not sandbagging or anything like that!!! Its just that they start develop their car from 2nd test back in Fabuary and never stop.In every single race they keep putting parts on their car. We on the other hand in all these 4 months and after 4 bad races we brought 1 new rear wing,some small changes on the bargeboards and a cut on the engine cover ( the change on the front wing ,I dont consider it update at all). THIS was are ruthless development, our mighty reaction to be on the top again. And again on FPs they are doing their job , and we are running higher engine modes for no reason.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    I can. Merc did a great job designing the car. They have a ruthless team principle who goes all in to make sure they win, can lobby for rules which benefit his team. He also knows how to play the PR game and kicks ass at misinformation. Ferrari is an utter failure when it comes to design, inovation, lobbying and PR. They fail on all front, hens they are 1 second behind and will never win unless the coulture in the team changes
    Amen! You nailed it!

Honestly, you have to admire how ruthless Mercedes is right now. They are absolutely GOING for it. Every part they put on the car is not a "maybe this will help", it's a "this is 2-tenths right here". They're nailing all aspects of the sport right now.

It's what we tifoso used to have with Michael, Ross and Jean. You have to admire some one else finally being able to come close/be even with that great trio.

Ferrari must do better. In the end, people can be "nice guys", they can be "team players" but if the results are not there, then Ferrari suffers. It's about results, no?

Quote Originally Posted by h3ro View Post
    Honestly, you have to admire how ruthless Mercedes is right now. They are absolutely GOING for it. Every part they put on the car is not a "maybe this will help", it's a "this is 2-tenths right here". They're nailing all aspects of the sport right now.

It's what we tifoso used to have with Michael, Ross and Jean. You have to admire some one else finally being able to come close/be even with that great trio.

Ferrari must do better. In the end, people can be "nice guys", they can be "team players" but if the results are not there, then Ferrari suffers. It's about results, no?
    100% Yes.

Ferrari has not had a team principle worth his salt since Jean. Ferrari had clout but with every year they flounder more and more of it is lost until they will have the same influence on the sport as Williams does now. When was the last time Ferrari used their veto powers? When was the last time Ferrari had a leader with the testicular fortitude to use it? They have all been spineless and impotent. Ferrari needs a real leader not a guy who looks like an Emo Buddy Holly and most likely spends his days listening to Dashboard Confessional and crying. Stop promoting from within, when all you have is losers, you can promote your way to winning.

Quote Originally Posted by h3ro View Post

It is! And by the given results over decade, current employees are incompetent of delivering them!

Leclerc was 0.797 down on Bottas this morning at the Barcelona test. Different compounds - C3 for Bottas and C1 for Leclerc, but still a huge gap. Anyone know if Ferrari have brought any parts to test? Or has the towel been thrown in?
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Leclerc was 0.797 down on Bottas this morning at the Barcelona test. Different compounds - C3 for Bottas and C1 for Leclerc, but still a huge gap. Anyone know if Ferrari have brought any parts to test? Or has the towel been thrown in?
    yeah, i'm also curious if new parts were tested in this test
    rumors were that they wanted to test a diff front suspension, possibly one similar to the one that may have caused the damaged wheel rim in 2nd winter test
    unless that was just that a RUMOR
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Bottas on C2 white compound tyres

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Bottas on C2 white compound tyres
    Not according to motorsport.com:

Bottas set a best time of 1m16.625s using the C3 Pirelli tyres, which were the designated softs for last weekend’s Spanish Grand Prix, shortly before midday. This consolidated his advantage at the top of the timesheets over Ferrari driver Charles Leclerc, who had earlier topped the times. Leclerc improved his time shortly afterwards using the Pirelli C1 tyres, the hards last weekend, to close to 0.797s behind.

Source: https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/b...-test/4388231/
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Bottas set a best time of 1m16.625s using the C3 Pirelli tyres, which were the designated softs for last weekend’s Spanish Grand Prix, shortly before midday. This consolidated his advantage at the top of the timesheets over Ferrari driver Charles Leclerc, who had earlier topped the times. Leclerc improved his time shortly afterwards using the Pirelli C1 tyres, the hards last weekend, to close to 0.797s behind.

And just to wipe the dirt on our faces again , Bottas does a cool 1m15.511..............( Can't tell you what tyres he was on tho )
    Drive it like you stole it!

Quote Originally Posted by Super M View Post
    And just to wipe the dirt on our faces again , Bottas does a cool 1m15.511..............( Can't tell you what tyres he was on tho )
    prolly the softer of the tires, just like he did in Q3

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    prolly the softer of the tires, just like he did in Q3

Probably
    Drive it like you stole it!

my bad, other websites showed C2 …..!!

Bottas goes fastest now for Mercedes by over half a second, going purple in S1 and S2.
    That lifts the benchmark for today up to 1m16.969s. He was on the white-ringed C2 tyre compound, for anyone wondering.

@crash.net

At least Ferrari have very good engine. On fast tracks low drag car and powerful engine may bring some good results. https://www.f1technical.net/news/220...8652ea56a0b8a6

Quote Originally Posted by Noquarter View Post
    At least Ferrari have very good engine. On fast tracks low drag car and powerful engine may bring some good results. https://www.f1technical.net/news/220...8652ea56a0b8a6
    yeah, we have a VERY GOOD chance we'll win MONZA.....if we don't get denied by Merc's spec 2 engine when they'll introduce soon.....