Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 394

Thread: 2019 Monaco Free Practice & Qualifying

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I disagree. Monaco is one of my favorite tracks. Even if there isn't a single pass, I really enjoy watching the drivers go all out on a very challenging circuit.
    Sorry mate, If F1 wants only challenging circuits then they are many or they can prepare like these tracks.
    F1 cars is not about challenging tracks to driver. It is to challenge the car ahead of him & come out on top with his skills or proper racing.

    Tracks with no overtaking chances & just sitting behind other car is not F1 for me.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance " : - Michael Schumacher

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,353
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Thiis is getting alot of attention from F1 photo journo's. W10's pushrod "linkage" to the wheel hub. IMHO, there's probably more at the back but that area disappears under the engine cover/engine/gearbox area.

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D7MGE__W0AAWhIk.jpg

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D7RFQFzWkAAmtIk.jpg

    https://twitter.com/Pitwalkers/statu...12323867758597



    "Cool the engines" [Boston]

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D7Lx_nRXkAABt0f.jpg



    New gearboxes for Stroll, Giovinazzi and Russell . No penalties.

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D7RVuxoWwAMVoPf.jpg
    I think the more interesting thing is the top upright that connects to the control arm. The piece circled is only a ball joint needed because of the way the wheel pivots around it's axis. Seems to me that upright will alter the camber of the wheel through turns which should increase the bite of the tire without causing too much wear the way a lot of static camber will. It's clever. Not sure if it's unique though.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,274
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Sorry mate, If F1 wants only challenging circuits then they are many or they can prepare like these tracks.
    F1 cars is not about challenging tracks to driver. It is to challenge the car ahead of him & come out on top with his skills or proper racing.

    Tracks with no overtaking chances & just sitting behind other car is not F1 for me.
    My point was that it is one of the tracks where the driver can make the difference. There is still overtaking and it's not a parade like everyone seems to think it is.


    Disappointed Since 2010

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    6,471
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    I think the more interesting thing is the top upright that connects to the control arm. The piece circled is only a ball joint needed because of the way the wheel pivots around it's axis. Seems to me that upright will alter the camber of the wheel through turns which should increase the bite of the tire without causing too much wear the way a lot of static camber will. It's clever. Not sure if it's unique though.
    So that piece that's arrowed in the first pic and circled in the 2nd pic is a 2 piece pushrod linkage. Normally, this is one solid piece. This pushrod connects to the heave spring mechanism right behind the 2 brake fluid reservoirs when visible when the nose is off. The top a-arm and lower a-arm have ball joints.

    This 2 piece pushrod linkage keeps the tire at full contact patch thru the corners as per the video.

    Same thing you said.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,358
    Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    Mercedes is shortening the wheelbase of their car with this trick. They are lifting the suspension arm and moving the wheel toward the sidepods, making the wheelbase shorter, added with rear wheel steer to help turn the car. The outside wheel stays the same or move out slightly, increasing the width of the car giving them a wider car so better center of gravity. Its clever but illegal. I dont know how they are getting away with it.
    What makes you think itís illegal? If it wasnít Iím sure there would be protests already logged.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

  6. #96
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    What makes you think itís illegal? If it wasnít Iím sure there would be protests already logged.
    It's moving more than 5mm which is the allowed margin.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,353
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    So that piece that's arrowed in the first pic and circled in the 2nd pic is a 2 piece pushrod linkage. Normally, this is one solid piece. This pushrod connects to the heave spring mechanism right behind the 2 brake fluid reservoirs when visible when the nose is off. The top a-arm and lower a-arm have ball joints.

    This 2 piece pushrod linkage keeps the tire at full contact patch thru the corners as per the video.

    Same thing you said.
    The pushrod just pushes against the damper. It needs the ball joint (the circled part) because the turning axis is irregular. Upper & lower control arms do not have ball joints in F1. The arms are solidly fixed and the spindle turns on a king pin. The merc upright does not turn on a regular axis because of the way it's designed, the camber changes pretty drastically throughout its turn radius. Pretty cool and intricate.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    It's moving more than 5mm which is the allowed margin.
    If that’s the case then someone should say something...but we all know they won’t. The whole of F1 is completely satisfied with the Merc dominance. Rest assured, if that was Ferrari’s suspension, it would have been banned already and our points stripped. Horner and Wolff would be lining up at the FIA trailer to lodge a formal complaint even before a wheel hit the ground this weekend lol
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Sunderland
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    It's moving more than 5mm which is the allowed margin.
    Only when stationary

  10. #100
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    697
    Clever with this mercedes do not require the most powerful engine on the grid .Ferrari on the other hand focused on power and a longer wheel base design only.Unfortunately they have missed the brief compared to mercedes the problem can not be fixed with pits and pieces they all have not worked.Its a total redesign of the wheel base length and front end.Mr Binotto has a hard time exempting this and will probably persist with bits and pieces admitting the real problem will then open a positive path to solving it.Achieving the solution to the real problem is highly unlikely this year these are my thoughts.

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    11,183
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Sorry mate, If F1 wants only challenging circuits then they are many or they can prepare like these tracks.
    F1 cars is not about challenging tracks to driver. It is to challenge the car ahead of him & come out on top with his skills or proper racing.

    Tracks with no overtaking chances & just sitting behind other car is not F1 for me.

  12. #102
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,886
    Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    My point was that it is one of the tracks where the driver can make the difference. There is still overtaking and it's not a parade like everyone seems to think it is.
    I agree 100% with you. Monaco is where it's at! Each track has it's challenges to get ahead of the driver up front. 2 days of practice and qualifying and of course if the drivers been there before should do it for any driver good enough to be in F-1 . Winning Monaco is a drivers dream and the driver's skills in full force is the main ingredient to winning. Seeing the cars coming out of the tunnel alone is worth the watch !

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    11,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I agree 100% with you. Monaco is where it's at! Each track has it's challenges to get ahead of the driver up front. 2 days of practice and qualifying and of course if the drivers been there before should do it for any driver good enough to be in F-1 . Winning Monaco is a drivers dream and the driver's skills in full force is the main ingredient to winning. Seeing the cars coming out of the tunnel alone is worth the watch !
    Allow to agree to disagree... That is the most boring, I can not say race... Especially now days with Mercedes dominance... Any way weather forecast for Belgrade is finally Sun with 25C for weekend, so I will spend two days out in the Sun with kids, enjoying, and not stay at home watching F1 and feel miserable!

  14. #104
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    697
    The 6th 1 and 2 coming up for mercedes like it or not it's going to happen barring an incident and they do happen then again Ferrari could have an incident and that would only make our year more miserable than it already is.

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Baku,Azerbaijan
    Posts
    94
    I am interestid Ferrar will countinued this kind of posts in media that they have problems with tire.All of Ferrari fans know that and understand we have suspension problems and other many .They reapeat that.Nobody from team say solve they 1 of this many problems . 0.700 gap nothing change.

  16. #106
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    The 6th 1 and 2 coming up for mercedes like it or not it's going to happen barring an incident and they do happen then again Ferrari could have an incident and that would only make our year more miserable than it already is.
    I really wish the next 1-2 to come. It should open eyes on all levels of F1 management. Finally.

  17. #107
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,886
    Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Allow to agree to disagree... That is the most boring, I can not say race... Especially now days with Mercedes dominance... Any way weather forecast for Belgrade is finally Sun with 25C for weekend, so I will spend two days out in the Sun with kids, enjoying, and not stay at home watching F1 and feel miserable!
    You will feel real bad if Charles wins this Monaco Race!

  18. #108
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    697
    That BINOTTO is annoying a man who is using Ferrari as an experiment. The man is a lab rat and no more .BINNOTTO is always looking looking and analysing only to find zero solutions a lab rat I say and no more.

  19. #109
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Allow to agree to disagree... That is the most boring, I can not say race... Especially now days with Mercedes dominance... Any way weather forecast for Belgrade is finally Sun with 25C for weekend, so I will spend two days out in the Sun with kids, enjoying, and not stay at home watching F1 and feel miserable!
    good weekend plans..!!
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance " : - Michael Schumacher

  20. #110
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by ferenc_k View Post
    I really wish the next 1-2 to come. It should open eyes on all levels of F1 management. Finally.

    All eyes are open & they are blinking too. But it’s just voice they are not using.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance " : - Michael Schumacher

  21. #111
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,353
    Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    That BINOTTO is annoying a man who is using Ferrari as an experiment. The man is a lab rat and no more .BINNOTTO is always looking looking and analysing only to find zero solutions a lab rat I say and no more.
    This is exactly the problem with Ferrari fans. We are not winning so we must get rid of someone. This is what has kept us from being the best team the last 10 years. During Red Bull dynasty we got rid of Aldo Costa because he couldn't get to grips with EBD, now he's a superstar at Mercs. 5 races under Binotto and we must get rid of him. Why don't we give this team some time. They've designed very good, innovative cars the last couple seasons and have come out with a very efficient car this year. Yes it needs work. Let them figure it out and get it working. Every year someone is always calling for someone to be fired, maybe it's time to stop firing people and let them work out their problems. Settle down and stop being a child.

  22. #112
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    england
    Posts
    830
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    This is exactly the problem with Ferrari fans. We are not winning so we must get rid of someone. This is what has kept us from being the best team the last 10 years. During Red Bull dynasty we got rid of Aldo Costa because he couldn't get to grips with EBD, now he's a superstar at Mercs. 5 races under Binotto and we must get rid of him. Why don't we give this team some time. They've designed very good, innovative cars the last couple seasons and have come out with a very efficient car this year. Yes it needs work. Let them figure it out and get it working. Every year someone is always calling for someone to be fired, maybe it's time to stop firing people and let them work out their problems. Settle down and stop being a child.
    +1000

    Many fired tech guys from Ferrari turn out to be great at other teams. Binotto got the job very late in pre season, it was not planned. He has been the boss for months, 5 races in and it is what it is, the solution sounds longer term but when they find it they will have a direction for the future. What I will get out of this season seeing what we are now is that at the end of the year we see a positive upturn from start to finish, not a few lucky results here and there but average gap to Mercs reducing or gone by year end in a steady improvement.

  23. #113
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    11,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    You will feel real bad if Charles wins this Monaco Race!
    Unfortunately I know that will not happen! That to happen, both Mercedes and Red Bull need DNF, and we know that will not happen!

  24. #114
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    11,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    This is exactly the problem with Ferrari fans. We are not winning so we must get rid of someone. This is what has kept us from being the best team the last 10 years. During Red Bull dynasty we got rid of Aldo Costa because he couldn't get to grips with EBD, now he's a superstar at Mercs. 5 races under Binotto and we must get rid of him. Why don't we give this team some time. They've designed very good, innovative cars the last couple seasons and have come out with a very efficient car this year. Yes it needs work. Let them figure it out and get it working. Every year someone is always calling for someone to be fired, maybe it's time to stop firing people and let them work out their problems. Settle down and stop being a child.
    Aren't they figuring out since 2008...?

  25. #115
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    7,328
    Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Aren't they figuring out since 2008...?
    NO, since 2009.....in 2008 there was STILL unlimited track testing ferrari was using in Fiorano.....we were crippled since 2009 because the unlimited track testing was cut and ferrari were caught with their pants rather ankles....they were not that good at adapting to CFD and wind tunnel only to design a good car and also improving it over a season.....

    Maybe one day they’ll be on the same caliber as Red fools and Merc....maybe
    ...the new SF90 in the MATTE RED, to me it looks amazing. Let's hope it's gonna be as FAST as it looks.


  26. #116
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,353
    Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Aren't they figuring out since 2008...?
    Maybe instead of calling for people to get fired, maybe we should be calling for more talent to be hired?

  27. #117
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    11,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Maybe instead of calling for people to get fired, maybe we should be calling for more talent to be hired?
    I am always for that! Look for best one possible!!!

  28. #118
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    3,545
    Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Unfortunately I know that will not happen! That to happen, both Mercedes and Red Bull need DNF, and we know that will not happen!
    I feel the same, stefa, and I know we shouldn't be so pessimistic and we'd love to be proved wrong, but there is little hope with the current state of affairs and our inability to make the tyres work and slow corner performance, it's hard to accept that a solution seems so hard to find. Getting Simone Resta back from Alfa could help but it's already too late.

  29. #119
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    697
    Who cares if mercedes wins 21 races as long as Ferrari are learning and moving forward at 900 million euro a year that's a pretty expensive private school.

  30. #120
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    norCal
    Posts
    9,256
    Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Who cares if mercedes wins 21 races as long as Ferrari are learning and moving forward at 900 million euro a year that's a pretty expensive private school.
    I care

    Willing to write yet another season off, in exchange for a true shot at both titles next year. Losing patience a bit, though.

    -Lou(is)

    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15
    27
    Totus Tuus


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •