Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 394

Thread: 2019 Monaco Free Practice & Qualifying

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    norCal
    Posts
    9,256
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    This is exactly the problem with Ferrari fans. We are not winning so we must get rid of someone. This is what has kept us from being the best team the last 10 years. During Red Bull dynasty we got rid of Aldo Costa because he couldn't get to grips with EBD, now he's a superstar at Mercs. 5 races under Binotto and we must get rid of him. Why don't we give this team some time. They've designed very good, innovative cars the last couple seasons and have come out with a very efficient car this year. Yes it needs work. Let them figure it out and get it working. Every year someone is always calling for someone to be fired, maybe it's time to stop firing people and let them work out their problems. Settle down and stop being a child.
    Leading one to believe that the problem isn't the people, it's the organization.

    -Lou(is)

    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15
    27
    Totus Tuus


  2. #122
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    6,517
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Maybe instead of calling for people to get fired, maybe we should be calling for more talent to be hired?
    Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    I am always for that! Look for best one possible!!!
    We've been trying that but either they leave to another manufacturer or they simply don't want to move.

    We need an F1 facility in Great Britain. Shut down the one in Maranello or keep certain depts open with limited staff but more emphasis on the new facility.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    6,517
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Maybe instead of calling for people to get fired, maybe we should be calling for more talent to be hired?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    This is exactly the problem with Ferrari fans. We are not winning so we must get rid of someone. This is what has kept us from being the best team the last 10 years. During Red Bull dynasty we got rid of Aldo Costa because he couldn't get to grips with EBD, now he's a superstar at Mercs. 5 races under Binotto and we must get rid of him. Why don't we give this team some time. They've designed very good, innovative cars the last couple seasons and have come out with a very efficient car this year. Yes it needs work. Let them figure it out and get it working. Every year someone is always calling for someone to be fired, maybe it's time to stop firing people and let them work out their problems. Settle down and stop being a child.
    Agreed, chopping heads is not the way to go.

    This car was already designed a year and a half ago under Arrivabene. Binotto's "car" will be 2020 onwards.

    I don't believe in hiring Marlboro personnel under this hybrid era....it's too complicated.

    Our strat. dept needs work though.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    2,957
    I think I bring this up every year... I'm getting older now so my memory is clouded... but I remember back in the early 2000's, Ferrari had 2 teams designing the car in rotation... let's call them Team A and Team B and every year, one team would design a longer wheelbase and the other team would design a shorter wheelbase for the following year...

    It seems to be the case here but I might be mistaken... from memory though, it seems every time Ferrari tried to build a longer wheel-based car, the car was not as strong as the shorter wheelbase design.... sounds a bit familiar, albeit a massive oversimplification on my part.... with that said though, maybe there is just something Ferrari designers cannot understand about longer wheelbases???
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

  5. #125
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    I am always for that! Look for best one possible!!!
    Definately.

    It seems italians are accepted and fit well in anglogerman working cultures. How good are Italians to accept lets say british coworkers, especially in lower positions.

    That might be a problem, we need an inflow of other ideas, other knowledge, a larger pool of knowledge. Not better knowledge but more diverse.

    I think we meed to recruit more nonitalians in all positions, not only top ones, when that happens. I think most nonitalians got fired from Ferrari too, even Ross Brawn, its kinda weird.

    Binotti is doing a great job alltogether over the years. If we fire everyone for any small mistake we'll create a culture of fear, noone dares to do anything. Rehire Costa.

    Rome wasn't built in one day, have the Italians forgot that :)
    Patience

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    norCal
    Posts
    9,256
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I think I bring this up every year... I'm getting older now so my memory is clouded... but I remember back in the early 2000's, Ferrari had 2 teams designing the car in rotation... let's call them Team A and Team B and every year, one team would design a longer wheelbase and the other team would design a shorter wheelbase for the following year...

    It seems to be the case here but I might be mistaken... from memory though, it seems every time Ferrari tried to build a longer wheel-based car, the car was not as strong as the shorter wheelbase design.... sounds a bit familiar, albeit a massive oversimplification on my part.... with that said though, maybe there is just something Ferrari designers cannot understand about longer wheelbases???
    Exactly!
    It was a winning errrr formula then, it’d be a winning formula now
    It has nothing to do with Italian or non
    The earlier Ferrari winning years were all Italian designers, lest we forget.
    Our car (relatively) sucks (although many teams wish that they could suck like we do)
    We basically went through 20 years of suckitude
    We have 8 more years
    Patience (not directed at you, fratello 😎)

    -Lou(is)

    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15
    27
    Totus Tuus


  7. #127
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,066
    All that's needed is Charles on pole, Seb 2nd blocking for him to get a 2sec. lead. The correct tires and that's it !!!

  8. #128
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    755
    Take it easy with the italian thing they have a long reach trust me.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    42
    I'm not sure I want to watch this, I fear it's not going to be good for us. I hope and wish for the best and wish that the Mercedes crash.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    6,517
    Rain tomorrow???
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    7,193
    Ferrari trying heat gun for brake temp to front tyres.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance " : - Michael Schumacher

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    7,193
    Ferrari struggling with front end ... SkyF1
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance " : - Michael Schumacher

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    7,193
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Rain tomorrow???
    Nope
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance " : - Michael Schumacher

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    6,517
    Seb bins it
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    7,193
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Seb bins it
    Cold tyres ...!!
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance " : - Michael Schumacher

  16. #136
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    7,193
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Ferrari struggling with front end ... SkyF1
    This is what ferrari is struggling with
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance " : - Michael Schumacher

  17. #137
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    3,166
    what happened, Leclerc crashed or what, I missed that, just came home

  18. #138
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    6,517
    Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    what happened, Leclerc crashed or what, I missed that, just came home
    Seb shunts it. He's okay.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  19. #139
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    861
    Raikkonen puts his Alfa Romeo between the Ferraris, says it all.

  20. #140
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    3,166
    Thanks

  21. #141
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    3,166
    RB`s ahead Ferrari

  22. #142
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    7,193
    Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    RB`s ahead Ferrari
    You expected to be ferrari ahead on this track ?? After seeing Barcelona?
    Look at Leclerc Lap, he’s working hard with those front tyres to get into right window
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance " : - Michael Schumacher

  23. #143
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    3,166
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    You expected to be ferrari ahead on this track ?? After seeing Barcelona?
    Look at Leclerc Lap, he’s working hard with those front tyres to get into right window
    depressing

  24. #144
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    6,517
    Stroll....what an idiot!!!
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  25. #145
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    3,166
    that was close

  26. #146
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,288
    Now Leclerc speeding under the VSC that could be a grid drop. This season gets better and better

  27. #147
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    7,193
    That RB FW flexing beyond the permitted angle. Too much of load
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance " : - Michael Schumacher

  28. #148
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    7,193
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Now Leclerc speeding under the VSC that could be a grid drop. This season gets better and better
    This is another 2014 season for ferrari
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance " : - Michael Schumacher

  29. #149
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    7,193
    Good lap from Lec
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance " : - Michael Schumacher

  30. #150
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    3,166
    wow, Charles P1

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •