Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Monaco Free Practice & Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I disagree. Monaco is one of my favorite tracks. Even if there isn't a single pass, I really enjoy watching the drivers go all out on a very challenging circuit.
    Sorry mate, If F1 wants only challenging circuits then they are many or they can prepare like these tracks.
    F1 cars is not about challenging tracks to driver. It is to challenge the car ahead of him & come out on top with his skills or proper racing.

Tracks with no overtaking chances & just sitting behind other car is not F1 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Thiis is getting alot of attention from F1 photo journo's. W10's pushrod "linkage" to the wheel hub. IMHO, there's probably more at the back but that area disappears under the engine cover/engine/gearbox area.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D7MGE__W0AAWhIk.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D7RFQFzWkAAmtIk.jpg

https://twitter.com/Pitwalkers/statu...12323867758597

"Cool the engines" [Boston]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D7Lx_nRXkAABt0f.jpg

New gearboxes for Stroll, Giovinazzi and Russell . No penalties.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D7RVuxoWwAMVoPf.jpg
    I think the more interesting thing is the top upright that connects to the control arm. The piece circled is only a ball joint needed because of the way the wheel pivots around it's axis. Seems to me that upright will alter the camber of the wheel through turns which should increase the bite of the tire without causing too much wear the way a lot of static camber will. It's clever. Not sure if it's unique though.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Sorry mate, If F1 wants only challenging circuits then they are many or they can prepare like these tracks.
    F1 cars is not about challenging tracks to driver. It is to challenge the car ahead of him & come out on top with his skills or proper racing.

Tracks with no overtaking chances & just sitting behind other car is not F1 for me.
    My point was that it is one of the tracks where the driver can make the difference. There is still overtaking and it's not a parade like everyone seems to think it is.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    I think the more interesting thing is the top upright that connects to the control arm. The piece circled is only a ball joint needed because of the way the wheel pivots around it's axis. Seems to me that upright will alter the camber of the wheel through turns which should increase the bite of the tire without causing too much wear the way a lot of static camber will. It's clever. Not sure if it's unique though.
    So that piece that's arrowed in the first pic and circled in the 2nd pic is a 2 piece pushrod linkage. Normally, this is one solid piece. This pushrod connects to the heave spring mechanism right behind the 2 brake fluid reservoirs when visible when the nose is off. The top a-arm and lower a-arm have ball joints.

This 2 piece pushrod linkage keeps the tire at full contact patch thru the corners as per the video.

Same thing you said.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    Mercedes is shortening the wheelbase of their car with this trick. They are lifting the suspension arm and moving the wheel toward the sidepods, making the wheelbase shorter, added with rear wheel steer to help turn the car. The outside wheel stays the same or move out slightly, increasing the width of the car giving them a wider car so better center of gravity. Its clever but illegal. I dont know how they are getting away with it.
    What makes you think it’s illegal? If it wasn’t I’m sure there would be protests already logged.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    What makes you think it’s illegal? If it wasn’t I’m sure there would be protests already logged.
    It's moving more than 5mm which is the allowed margin.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    So that piece that's arrowed in the first pic and circled in the 2nd pic is a 2 piece pushrod linkage. Normally, this is one solid piece. This pushrod connects to the heave spring mechanism right behind the 2 brake fluid reservoirs when visible when the nose is off. The top a-arm and lower a-arm have ball joints.

This 2 piece pushrod linkage keeps the tire at full contact patch thru the corners as per the video.

Same thing you said.
    The pushrod just pushes against the damper. It needs the ball joint (the circled part) because the turning axis is irregular. Upper & lower control arms do not have ball joints in F1. The arms are solidly fixed and the spindle turns on a king pin. The merc upright does not turn on a regular axis because of the way it's designed, the camber changes pretty drastically throughout its turn radius. Pretty cool and intricate.

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    If that’s the case then someone should say something...but we all know they won’t. The whole of F1 is completely satisfied with the Merc dominance. Rest assured, if that was Ferrari’s suspension, it would have been banned already and our points stripped. Horner and Wolff would be lining up at the FIA trailer to lodge a formal complaint even before a wheel hit the ground this weekend lol
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Only when stationary

Clever with this mercedes do not require the most powerful engine on the grid .Ferrari on the other hand focused on power and a longer wheel base design only.Unfortunately they have missed the brief compared to mercedes the problem can not be fixed with pits and pieces they all have not worked.Its a total redesign of the wheel base length and front end.Mr Binotto has a hard time exempting this and will probably persist with bits and pieces admitting the real problem will then open a positive path to solving it.Achieving the solution to the real problem is highly unlikely this year these are my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    My point was that it is one of the tracks where the driver can make the difference. There is still overtaking and it's not a parade like everyone seems to think it is.
    I agree 100% with you. Monaco is where it's at! Each track has it's challenges to get ahead of the driver up front. 2 days of practice and qualifying and of course if the drivers been there before should do it for any driver good enough to be in F-1 . Winning Monaco is a drivers dream and the driver's skills in full force is the main ingredient to winning. Seeing the cars coming out of the tunnel alone is worth the watch !

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I agree 100% with you. Monaco is where it's at! Each track has it's challenges to get ahead of the driver up front. 2 days of practice and qualifying and of course if the drivers been there before should do it for any driver good enough to be in F-1 . Winning Monaco is a drivers dream and the driver's skills in full force is the main ingredient to winning. Seeing the cars coming out of the tunnel alone is worth the watch !
    Allow to agree to disagree... That is the most boring, I can not say race... Especially now days with Mercedes dominance... Any way weather forecast for Belgrade is finally Sun with 25C for weekend, so I will spend two days out in the Sun with kids, enjoying, and not stay at home watching F1 and feel miserable!

The 6th 1 and 2 coming up for mercedes like it or not it's going to happen barring an incident and they do happen then again Ferrari could have an incident and that would only make our year more miserable than it already is.

I am interestid Ferrar will countinued this kind of posts in media that they have problems with tire.All of Ferrari fans know that and understand we have suspension problems and other many .They reapeat that.Nobody from team say solve they 1 of this many problems . 0.700 gap nothing change.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    The 6th 1 and 2 coming up for mercedes like it or not it's going to happen barring an incident and they do happen then again Ferrari could have an incident and that would only make our year more miserable than it already is.
    I really wish the next 1-2 to come. It should open eyes on all levels of F1 management. Finally.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Allow to agree to disagree... That is the most boring, I can not say race... Especially now days with Mercedes dominance... Any way weather forecast for Belgrade is finally Sun with 25C for weekend, so I will spend two days out in the Sun with kids, enjoying, and not stay at home watching F1 and feel miserable!
    You will feel real bad if Charles wins this Monaco Race!

That BINOTTO is annoying a man who is using Ferrari as an experiment. The man is a lab rat and no more .BINNOTTO is always looking looking and analysing only to find zero solutions a lab rat I say and no more.

good weekend plans..!!

Quote Originally Posted by ferenc_k View Post
    I really wish the next 1-2 to come. It should open eyes on all levels of F1 management. Finally.

All eyes are open & they are blinking too. But it’s just voice they are not using.

That BINOTTO is annoying a man who is using Ferrari as an experiment. The man is a lab rat and no more .BINNOTTO is always looking looking and analysing only to find zero solutions a lab rat I say and no more.
    This is exactly the problem with Ferrari fans. We are not winning so we must get rid of someone. This is what has kept us from being the best team the last 10 years. During Red Bull dynasty we got rid of Aldo Costa because he couldn't get to grips with EBD, now he's a superstar at Mercs. 5 races under Binotto and we must get rid of him. Why don't we give this team some time. They've designed very good, innovative cars the last couple seasons and have come out with a very efficient car this year. Yes it needs work. Let them figure it out and get it working. Every year someone is always calling for someone to be fired, maybe it's time to stop firing people and let them work out their problems. Settle down and stop being a child.

This is exactly the problem with Ferrari fans. We are not winning so we must get rid of someone. This is what has kept us from being the best team the last 10 years. During Red Bull dynasty we got rid of Aldo Costa because he couldn't get to grips with EBD, now he's a superstar at Mercs. 5 races under Binotto and we must get rid of him. Why don't we give this team some time. They've designed very good, innovative cars the last couple seasons and have come out with a very efficient car this year. Yes it needs work. Let them figure it out and get it working. Every year someone is always calling for someone to be fired, maybe it's time to stop firing people and let them work out their problems. Settle down and stop being a child.
    +1000

Many fired tech guys from Ferrari turn out to be great at other teams. Binotto got the job very late in pre season, it was not planned. He has been the boss for months, 5 races in and it is what it is, the solution sounds longer term but when they find it they will have a direction for the future. What I will get out of this season seeing what we are now is that at the end of the year we see a positive upturn from start to finish, not a few lucky results here and there but average gap to Mercs reducing or gone by year end in a steady improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    You will feel real bad if Charles wins this Monaco Race!
    Unfortunately I know that will not happen! That to happen, both Mercedes and Red Bull need DNF, and we know that will not happen!

Aren't they figuring out since 2008...?

NO, since 2009.....in 2008 there was STILL unlimited track testing ferrari was using in Fiorano.....we were crippled since 2009 because the unlimited track testing was cut and ferrari were caught with their pants rather ankles....they were not that good at adapting to CFD and wind tunnel only to design a good car and also improving it over a season.....

Maybe one day they’ll be on the same caliber as Red fools and Merc....maybe
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Maybe instead of calling for people to get fired, maybe we should be calling for more talent to be hired?

Maybe instead of calling for people to get fired, maybe we should be calling for more talent to be hired?
    I am always for that! Look for best one possible!!!

Unfortunately I know that will not happen! That to happen, both Mercedes and Red Bull need DNF, and we know that will not happen!
    I feel the same, stefa, and I know we shouldn't be so pessimistic and we'd love to be proved wrong, but there is little hope with the current state of affairs and our inability to make the tyres work and slow corner performance, it's hard to accept that a solution seems so hard to find. Getting Simone Resta back from Alfa could help but it's already too late.

Who cares if mercedes wins 21 races as long as Ferrari are learning and moving forward at 900 million euro a year that's a pretty expensive private school.

Who cares if mercedes wins 21 races as long as Ferrari are learning and moving forward at 900 million euro a year that's a pretty expensive private school.
    I care

Willing to write yet another season off, in exchange for a true shot at both titles next year. Losing patience a bit, though.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus