Thread: “We don’t really have to go”: Team radio from Leclerc’s disastrous Q1 elimination

“We don’t really have to go”: Team radio from Leclerc’s disastrous Q1 elimination

To Leclerc: OK you can do another push lap if you need it. At the moment, P1.
    To Leclerc: Look for Stroll behind, he’s pushing.
    To Leclerc: Watch for traffic with Stroll. Next car Perez, pushing.
    To Leclerc: OK Perez behind pushing, watch for traffic.
    To Leclerc: Perez behind pushing, OK.
    To Leclerc: And now you have a good gap. Next car behind pushing is Russell but you have a good gap there, he’s at turn nine under the tunnel.
    To Leclerc: So next car behind pushing is Russell, nine seconds.
    To Leclerc: Mode push for last corner.
    To Leclerc: (Leclerc does a flying lap)
    OK mode charge, mode charge. Next car behind pushing is Stroll, seven seconds.
    To Leclerc: Next car behind pushing is Stroll, five seconds.
    To Leclerc: Ricciardo in front, five seconds.
    To Leclerc: You are P3 at the moment. You should try to stay in front of Stroll behind at three seconds, he’s pushing.
    To Leclerc: You have a bit of a gap now behind Stroll if you want.
    To Leclerc: Mode push for last corner, mode push.
    Leclerc: (Leclerc locks up)
    I’ve flat-spotted the tyres.
    To Leclerc: OK next car behind is Sebastian, eight seconds, he’ll be on a slow lap.
    To Leclerc: And box now, box.
    To Leclerc: Next car behind is Sebastian, he’s on a slow lap, eight seconds behind.
    To Leclerc: Do you think you can push another lap with these tyres?
    Leclerc: Can try, yes.
    To Leclerc: OK so let’s try again.
    To Leclerc: Mode push for last corner, mode push.
    To Leclerc: (Leclerc abandons the lap)
    To Leclerc: And box now, box. Next car behind is Albon on an out-lap, box now.
    To Leclerc: Weigh bridge, weigh bridge.
    Leclerc: Wait, wait, wait I haven’t…
    To Leclerc: Weigh bridge.
    To Leclerc: (Leclerc is pushed back to the weigh bridge)
    You can switch off the radio. And P zero.
    Leclerc: Do we have to go again?
    To Leclerc: (Jock Clear replies) We’ll get ready Charles, but we don’t really have to go
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Fire Jock Clear immediately

That man Clear has no place in our team, knowing what was likely to happen if they didn't let Charles go again. Unbelievably stupid and if they do this to Charles again he will be jumping ship pronto.

It’s funny how Ferrari has made so many personnel changes over the years, yet Jock still has his job. Either he is really incompetent or he really was sent from Merc to sabotage us. Either way, Ferrari are the dummies who keep him around. Unbelievable. People are calling for Binotto’s head, it’s not his fault half of the staff/pit wall is just plain incompetent
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

#FireClearImmediately

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    It’s funny how Ferrari has made so many personnel changes over the years, yet Jock still has his job. Either he is really incompetent or he really was sent from Merc to sabotage us. Either way, Ferrari are the dummies who keep him around. Unbelievable. People are calling for Binotto’s head, it’s not his fault half of the staff/pit wall is just plain incompetent
    Binotto is boss, they work for him, he has responsibility about his workers. And this is not like first time this year, every effing race weekend mistakes after mistakes. And Binotto just keeps analyzing. I really miss Arrivabene, yes we had mistakes when he was boss, but this year is something else.

Jock Clear is working for Mercedes to sabotage ferrari, I am positive of this as he cannot be that useless!! Fire him please, until he goes we'll not win.

As an aside to the thread about who should be on the pitwall and leading from the front. I was thinking who was the last Ferrari who had proper input in to strategy and make their own decisions about having an extra run or what tyres to use at what time, or even have the confidence to say they want to so something differently? Alonso? Of course did Michael but we all know how much of a dream team MSC, Brawn and Todt were.

I'm not even sure F1 has this type of driver anymore?
    Last edited by 458 Italia; 26th May 2019 at 00:23.

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    As an aside to the thread about who should be on the pitwall and leading from the front. I was thinking who was the last Ferrari who had proper input in to strategy and make their own decisions about having an extra run or what tyres to use at what time, or even have the confidence to say they want to so something differently? Alonso? Of course did Michael but we all know how much of a dream team MSC, Brawn and Todt were.

You left out Rubens ! Charles refuses to be Rubenized, and Seb left his Schumy Jr. hopes with R Bull.

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post

+1

when it's a tight call, let the driver make the final decision.