Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 2019 MonacoGP: Race

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    Am not starting lec vs vet again. And its not as much about change in positions, its about letting the driver (may it be seb or lec) who is faster chase down the mercs.
    Its happened twice (once with seb and once with Lec) that by the time the pit wall decided to let the faster driver past, it was pointless. And thats happening because they cant seem to decide whom to favour. My point is, if there was no hierarchy, it would be a no brainer. It would be a much easier decision and a faster one. Perhaps that might make a difference.
    Yup got your point. What I meant to say is. Ferrari should change their strategies from now on. Like who’s is faster in that particular race move on with them, even push team order on the fellow team mate if he’s slow.

But still I don’t believe even team orders are passed either of the driver can catch mercs.
    Couple of races back they gave free podium for mad max. That’s the only bizzare thing where they lost points to their next rival. I mean self destruct.

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    There’s rumours that Charles isn’t happy and RedBull are open to a driver swap
    ...!! If Charles is faster in RB, rumours of mad max leaving RB will come out

Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    ...!! If Charles is faster in RB, rumours of mad max leaving RB will come out
    This might happen after 2020 assuming that top 3 teams remain in F1:

Hamilton retires with 7 titles.
    Verstappen moves to Mercedes with Ocon as his personal butler.
    Leclerc remains with Ferrari.
    Vettel moves back to Red Bull.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post

Mad max with mercs is the only thing that’s possible that too with Ham retirement only.
    Rest others are not possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    21 first/second finishes for Mercedes this year? who said that?
    I said that, I guess I was wrong. It will be 20 1-2 finishes.

Wolff says they have prepared a really good engine upgrade for Canada.

Hmm Don't you think if Ham equals Michael's achievement his ego will get the better of him and he will want to beat it.
    This is as long as the Merc is still the dominant car of course and I hope not.
    As for Ocon no way will he be personal butler to anyone I guess! remember how he and Perez raced.
    I doubt if Seb will move anywhere after Ferrari. I think he might have a plan for something else.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    As for Ocon no way will he be personal butler to anyone I guess! remember how he and Perez raced.
    He's on Mercedes payroll while he was with Force India........remember he let Lewis by at Monaco......quite the butler.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    He's on Mercedes payroll while he was with Force India........remember he let Lewis by at Monaco......quite the butler.
    OR maybe protecting his career then.
    With a race seat surely he could race his team mate like Rosburg did and Bottas is now.

Forza Jules

OR maybe protecting his career then.
    With a race seat surely he could race his team mate like Rosburg did and Bottas is now.
    Rosberg new his career would end by fighting Lewis in the most dominant car of that year.

Bottas, IMO, is being "let loose" for 2019 because no other F1 team is a threat. Had Ferrari been close to Mercedes in points, then Bottas would definitely be doing his butler role. Expect more from Bottas as this season continues against the "diva".

Porridge anyone??

http://scuderiafans.com/charles-lecl...-media-claims/
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Can't blame him really if true. Kid wants to win....BIG!! He knows, as we all do, he's talented. His stock right now in the F1 paddock is HUUUUGE.

He can practically go anywhere.

Can't blame him really if true. Kid wants to win....BIG!! He knows, as we all do, he's talented. His stock right now in the F1 paddock is HUUUUGE.

He can practically go anywhere.
    Yes, but which top teams have a vacancy? None. Maybe he will could replace Gasly? But his drives have improved lately. These are all probably silly rumors, but when theres smoke there is usually fire.

"In particular, the interest of a top-level team with potential availability towards him took shape late on Sunday.” – they concluded."
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Yes, but which top teams have a vacancy? None. Maybe he will could replace Gasly? But his drives have improved lately. These are all probably silly rumors, but when theres smoke there is usually fire.

"In particular, the interest of a top-level team with potential availability towards him took shape late on Sunday.” – they concluded."
    Gasly is still "miles" behind his team-mate. Leclerc and Max.....plus RedBull let's them race.......don't even want to think about it. Could prove disastrous for RedBull or could prove rewarding. Horner along with Marko will have to crack the whip on both "lion's".

Contracts will be broken if Leclerc leaves.....he's that "precious" [Gollum???]

Ocon will never drive for Mercedes. Leclerc will not leave Ferrari as he doesn't have anywhere to go. Hamilton will retire only after Mercedes isn't the top team or they kick him out.Gasly is an embarrassment in that RBR, so much so that people praise him when he is within a second/lap of his teammate.
    Last edited by IulianFerrari; 27th May 2019 at 17:52.

Gasly is still "miles" behind his team-mate. Leclerc and Max.....plus RedBull let's them race.......don't even want to think about it. Could prove disastrous for RedBull or could prove rewarding. Horner along with Marko will have to crack the whip on both "lion's".

Any team can’t manage two fast drivers ...!! Everyone thinks RB can manage two fast drivers, but a certain point if Lec dominates max ego will get hurt .. he walks off. If max dominates then there no point of lec’s Move to RB.
    Also RB though 2nd fastest car currently, if ferrari sort their issue. Then RB will be 3rd fastest.

Honda didn’t catch mercs/ferrari on pure quali pace. But in race pace they have that higher modes.

Any team can’t manage two fast drivers ...!! Everyone thinks RB can manage two fast drivers, but a certain point if Lec dominates max ego will get hurt .. he walks off. If max dominates then there no point of lec’s Move to RB.
    Also RB though 2nd fastest car currently, if ferrari sort their issue. Then RB will be 3rd fastest.

Honda didn’t catch mercs/ferrari on pure quali pace. But in race pace they have that higher modes.
    Mercedes would be the safe bet. Bottas only has a 1yr contract (I think???).

Mercedes would be the safe bet. Bottas only has a 1yr contract (I think???).
    The article made it seem like there was an immediate vacancy available in a top team. It can’t be Merc, so it would have to be RB with Gasly.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Maybe the team should try harder to keep him.

My feelings on this subject is maybe Jock Clear (highly thought of I know) is not the right person for Charles. I think there is more to race engineer than the job description suggests. They need to be a friend and confidant best friends really. I don;t see that relationship between Charles and Jock.
    To quote the last young driver hired by the Scuderia
    Speaking to Gazzetta dello Sport about delli Colli, Massa said: "To work well you need to have between engineer and driver a good relationship and a good atmosphere, and unfortunately this hasn't happened between us since the first race.
    Enter one Rob Smedley.
    Maybe Charles needs a Smedley type.

Forza Jules

Yup got your point. What I meant to say is. Ferrari should change their strategies from now on. Like who’s is faster in that particular race move on with them, even push team order on the fellow team mate if he’s slow.

But still I don’t believe even team orders are passed either of the driver can catch mercs.
    Couple of races back they gave free podium for mad max. That’s the only bizzare thing where they lost points to their next rival. I mean self destruct.
    The team has a lot to do in terms of strategy and pit work.
    But we need a little luck. A couple of DNFs for merc and if our car problems are solved, am sure we can put in a good fight for the WCC at least.
    Silently, like a shadow

Lol, while i can understand Charles being unhappy, i do not think he would want to move into RBR.
    If Merc was showing interest, we should be worried. He wont jump to RBR.
    Silently, like a shadow

Maybe the team should try harder to keep him.

My feelings on this subject is maybe Jock Clear (highly thought of I know) is not the right person for Charles. I think there is more to race engineer than the job description suggests. They need to be a friend and confidant best friends really. I don;t see that relationship between Charles and Jock.
    To quote the last young driver hired by the Scuderia
    Speaking to Gazzetta dello Sport about delli Colli, Massa said: "To work well you need to have between engineer and driver a good relationship and a good atmosphere, and unfortunately this hasn't happened between us since the first race.
    Enter one Rob Smedley.
    Maybe Charles needs a Smedley type.
    I share your thoughts, Ferrari need to humour Charles in order to keep him and I'd love Rob Smedley to come back to the team in that role for Charlie-baby!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I share your thoughts, Ferrari need to humour Charles in order to keep him and I'd love Rob Smedley to come back to the team in that role for Charlie-baby!
    If only that were possible Wisepie Rob would be ideal but I think he prefers a quieter life now.
    Surely there is someone within the team who could gel with the driver better than Jock.
    I am sorry to sound so negative about a well-respected engineer but it's very important to match personalities here.

Forza Jules

Charles just need a better race engineer & Team support. That's it.

I think these rumours of being unhappy & moving to other team are just speculation or PR stuff from Charles management. So that they can keep enough pressure on Ferrari.

I would agree that he's unhappy, but 50% is down to him & the other with the team on how they are handling him. But he would not leave.

Only lewis or vettel retirement would shake-up the top teams changes. Mad max is waiting for that opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by karthikn.1011 View Post
    Throw this race out of the calendar please...an absolute borefest ..utter waste of time and energy for the cars and driver's on this track
    Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Can anyone explain to me, what is so special about this so called "track"? We are looking at the same cars in same place for more than 60 laps and nothing happens!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    just a parade mate, that's all
    All Monaco needs to do is get rid of the chicane to spice up a degree of racing as well as overtakes in late braking.

Unfortunately, safety takes precedent over a "degree of racing" to spice up the track.

Flashback-->Monaco 2014 La Rascasse (JB#17) vs Monaco 2019 (CL#16)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D7mis2sXkAYt93y.jpg

Vettel's FP3 Crash, Sainz's Storming Start And The Best Onboards: 2019 Monaco Grand Prix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gXPKK9E0eo

***********NSFW*********PROFANITY*************NSFW ******PROFANITY****

Sebastian Vettel uncensored team radio after FP3 CRASH: "Sorry guys"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odNVfVu2c9Q

Leclerc UNSHOWN TEAM RADIO, Monaco GP DRAMA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPhidlLNk9o