Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 2019 MonacoGP: Race

On a more positive note, maybe our car isn’t so blowful?

Disappointed Since 2010

The tires last too long, it makes the races much more boring. FAIL!
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

at least it's NOT another Merc 1-2.......

but on a normal track, i'm sure it would have been another 1-2 for them.......like the one i'm going to in TWO weeks....SO NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO IT......but i bought my tickets ( in Feb 2018) before i knew how BAD TEH SF90 WOULD BE THIS YEAR......oh well, Montreal is always fun to party.....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    I'm glad we finish P2

What a boring track though
    Yup, !@#$ the sentimental , this is a horrible track.

Would have taken 2nd before the weekend started. Good drive by Seb and great strategy by the team

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Would have taken 2nd before the weekend started. Good drive by Seb and great strategy by the team
    What was great? Without Red Bulls unsafe release he would have finished 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    What was great? Without Red Bulls unsafe release he would have finished 4th.
    exactly......nothing so special
    we got lucky from the blunder red bull did in teh pit lane by unsafe release.....otherwise we'd never been on the podium today

red bull outschooled us with Max beating us in Quali yesterday when it really counted....

our car is so MEDIOCRE this year....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

At least Ferrari split the Mercs thanks to the idiots on the RBR pit crew. Finally not another Merc 1-2. Seb did really well with car and tyre management. Charles was put in an impossible position by the pitwall yesterday. At least he tried to do something about it. But in the end that's another mistake by him. Lewis most likely sealed another WDC today.

21 first/second finishes for Mercedes this year? who said that?

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    At least Ferrari split the Mercs thanks to the idiots on the RBR pit crew.

Lets thanks Jocko
    For the race strategy
    Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All Leclerc needed to do yesterday was watch Vettel's race from Monaco 2017. Seb qualified behind Kimi but was in constant touch with him for 32 laps. And once Kimi pitted, unleashed his superior pace and overcut him and gained that crucial position. Leclerc on the other hand was behind the cars which were around 2 seconds slower than him, I reckon he could've finished around P8 if he showed a little bit more patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    On a more positive note, maybe our car isn’t so blowful?
    I'm sorry for saying that. But our car isn't so good. Sector 2 and 3 are terrible.

3rd9bvmfcg031.jpg

On the latest lap Rusell was 0.1 quicker than Hamilton. LH with tyres would probably finish 30 seconds ahead of Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    All Leclerc needed to do yesterday was watch Vettel's race from Monaco 2017. Seb qualified behind Kimi but was in constant touch with him for 32 laps. And once Kimi pitted, unleashed his superior pace and overcut him and gained that crucial position. Leclerc on the other hand was behind the cars which were around 2 seconds slower than him, I reckon he could've finished around P8 if he showed a little bit more patience.
    LOL hardly the same
    Forza Ferrari

Grateful to Seb for managing to bring the car home in P2, more than I expected today and Charles may have been a bit impatient and ambitious with Hulk but bless him for trying. I always said we shouldn't downplay the threat from Honda-powered cars once they got their act together and it's coming true now, I hope to God that Montreal may suit us better but I'm not holding my breath. HAM has all the luck in the world and still makes out he's struggling, give it a rest man. Would have been so much better if Charles had been given the chance to be up front where he belongs, the team need to give the drivers totally equal status from now on if they have any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    LOL hardly the same
    It's the same, only positions were different. And Leclerc had quite a big advantage as well over the drivers right in front of him. But he was already preoccupied with what he said yesterday, he will go all out - either overtake will work or he will crash. Yesterday team made a mistake and that got the better of Leclerc today. But I guess that comes with experience. Today will be a good lesson for him and he will come back stronger.

Are there any chances for a good result in Canada? Unless the new Mercedes engine specification is going to be a huge improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    It's the same, only positions were different. And Leclerc had quite a big advantage as well over the drivers right in front of him. But he was already preoccupied with what he said yesterday, he will go all out - either overtake will work or he will crash. Yesterday team made a mistake and that got the better of Leclerc today. But I guess that comes with experience. Today will be a good lesson for him and he will come back stronger.
    No not close to being the same, 2nd behind your own team mate who will probably be told to move anyway is not the same as running at the back no matter what you try and say
    Forza Ferrari

No not close to being the same, 2nd behind your own team mate who will probably be told to move anyway is not the same as running at the back no matter what you try and say
    Hamiltons race in 2017 would probably be a more accurate comparison when he jumped up from 14th to 7th just by overcutting the midfield cars. Its just down to a lack of experience. Charles reminded me of Max a few seasons ago very exciting to watch but a little bit to aggressive.

Hamiltons race in 2017 would probably be a more accurate comparison when he jumped up from 14th to 7th just by overcutting the midfield cars. Its just down to a lack of experience. Charles reminded me of Max a few seasons ago very exciting to watch but a little bit to aggressive.
    Grid is much closer now than 2014 so again not really the same.
    Forza Ferrari

Exactly. No need to go banzai like Charles did. The overtake he took himself out with WAS IMPOSSIBLE to make stick. You have to be realistic. Charles just showed impatience and was dumb. Hopefully he will learn from it.

Ricciardo was holding the field up from 6th and below, so Charles should have been more patient. Top 5 was out of reach anyways. I dont understand those who praise passing a few backmarkers on the edge of touching them and then stupidly crashing into Hulk, if Mad Max hade done the same driving, everyone would be cursing and mocking him.

Charles showed once again, he lacks the cool mentality of for example Alonso and Hamilton. Which was exactly what I thought he had coming in to this season, but I was wrong.

Exactly. No need to go banzai like Charles did. The overtake he took himself out with WAS IMPOSSIBLE to make stick. You have to be realistic. Charles just showed impatience and was dumb. Hopefully he will learn from it.
    Impossible but he done the same move before, yeah that kind of impossible but maybe you missed that....or choose to ignore it just so you can post your dislike of him.
    Forza Ferrari

Impossible but he done the same move before, yeah that kind of impossible but maybe you missed that....or choose to ignore it just so you can post your dislike of him.
    His car positioning was not the same on the Hulk attempt. The move was the same, but the car positions were different. Not hard to see. Hulk would had to really get out his way for Leclerc to have a chance to make it, and when he did not, there was no room left and Leclerct was toast.

His car positioning was not the same on the Hulk attempt. The move was the same, but the car positions were different. Not hard to see.
    Same move and not impossible as he showed previously. He should off course have just sat behind Hulk and made no move, then stuck behind Kimi then stuck behind whoever and you would be delighted.....
    Forza Ferrari

Same move and not impossible as he showed previously. He should off course have just sat behind Hulk and made no move, then stuck behind Kimi then stuck behind whoever and you would be delighted.....
    Utter nonsense. The overtake move itself was not impossible, but IN THAT INSTANCE he was not close enough to make it, thats it. Maybe on the next lap he could have been or 5 laps later. Anyway, completely useless to ever debate anything with you, I have not seen you admit you were wrong once in 13 years....sighs...

Everyone considering what Charles did was wrong.
    But to me it isn’t. Firstly it was great move on gros. At the same time gros didn’t close the door.
    On the 2nd attempt, it was against hulk. Who never gives position easily, at one point he would have waited for another lap to lunge with late break. But I can understand Charles position, he wants to deliver n show case himself.

ATM, he needs to stay calm n focused time will come for him. He’s been too emotional & showing it out.

Regarding vettel, he did good job. Delivered the maximum, he had tyre overheating problem on his car but managed it well.
    I would take this result considering our car is 3rd fastest.

Max drove well, kept pressure on Ham. Those were good moves from him, if it did paid off then would have been stunner.
    But what he did in pit wall is horrible. He needs to understand that you can’t win by doing such things.

Utter nonsense. The overtake move itself was not impossible, but IN THAT INSTANCE he was not close enough to make it, thats it. Maybe on the next lap he could have been or 5 laps later. Anyway, completely useless to ever debate anything with you, I have not seen you admit you were wrong once in 13 years....sighs...
    Yeah much better to wait and wait and wait and still be waiting to make a move round a track like this because those chances come along so often.....
    Forza Ferrari

Charles showed once again, he lacks the cool mentality of for example Alonso and Hamilton. Which was exactly what I thought he had coming in to this season, but I was wrong.
    I agree that Charles shows qualities of Mad Max when he first entered F1. He was hailed as the new golden boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I would rather see a driver who is passionate and quick rather than one who just sits there and drivers around.
    True he will make mistakes but these will help to character build and fashion him into the wonderful champion that I know he will be one day.
    Just look at how Max has developed.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    I agree that Charles shows qualities of Mad Max when he first entered F1. He was hailed as the new golden boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I would rather see a driver who is passionate and quick rather than one who just sits there and drivers around.
    Well, you could do it like Alonso and Hamilton - they drive with passion but also keeps it smart. You dont need to be stupid to have passion. Alonso was that smart already when driving for Renault. The driving Charles showed today was kind of like what Schumacher would have done, and thats not a good thing because Schumacher never learned to drive as smart as for example Alonso. Time will tell if Charles can learn and become just as smart as Alonso. Thats what it takes to have a chance of beating Hamilton. You cant gift away points by being too greedy and force things too hard.

I guess I am just sad Charles is not the immediate saviour he was painted to be, and thats whats needed for Ferrari to even have a slight chance for the title.

I wish Charles would have been with Ferrari last year, as he would have more races to learn. I am not confident he can learn enough to challenge for the title next year.

After the 2018 US GP now the

NEOW:

https://streamable.com/q68s5
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!