Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 2019 MonacoGP: Race

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    . The driving Charles showed today was kind of like what Schumacher would have done, and thats not a good thing because Schumacher never learned to drive as smart as for example Alonso.
    I wish Charles would have been with Ferrari last year, as he would have more races to learn. I am not confident he can learn enough to challenge for the title next year.
    Hmm
    I hope he's the next Schumacher goodness we could do with one after 11 and most probably 12 barren years!!!!
    Schumacher gave us 5 WDCs and helped to make Ferrari the envy of the grid and what did Alonso do????
    No there's no need telling me he nearly did.................................

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Hmm
    I hope he's the next Schumacher goodness we could do with one after 11 and most probably 12 barren years!!!!
    Schumacher gave us 5 WDCs and helped to make Ferrari the envy of the grid and what did Alonso do????
    No there's no need telling me he nearly did.................................

I’m laughing at all of you criticizing a Ferrari driver who drove with some fire when there are MUCH bigger issues with the team.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    I agree that Charles shows qualities of Mad Max when he first entered F1. He was hailed as the new golden boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I would rather see a driver who is passionate and quick rather than one who just sits there and drivers around.
    True he will make mistakes but these will help to character build and fashion him into the wonderful champion that I know he will be one day.
    Just look at how Max has developed.
    No truer words were ever spoken!!!

Charles will be a world champion before max.

Max got Seb 2nd. place on the podium! There was no need to move Charles over!! Sad to see Charles watching the Monaco race instead of being in it.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    In Monaco 2016, Lewis did around 65 laps on Ultrasofts so whoever thinks he is pitting again should know one thing that he is not.
    That was a wet race initially. Are you sure about that??? (65 laps on the Ultrasoft)
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    You should blame Ferrari's stupidity. Leclerc started from P16 because of Ferrari's boneheaded pit call, he had nothing to lose today.
    Yes to a certain degree. The whole weigh bridge-Jock Clear debacle was 50% at fault of not sending Leclerc out.

Had Leclerc posted sub 1:11's (because he did lock-up on a lap & he's posted them before prior to qualj) instead of posting sub 1:12's then he would have gotten into Q1 BEFORE the weigh bridge - Jock Clear debacle.

I give it 50/50 on both parties.

Anyways, Binotto took blame for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    That was a wet race initially. Are you sure about that??? (65 laps on the Ultrasoft)
    I just checked, turns out he did 47 laps on Ultrasofts.

As usual, the race was a snooze fest. The only thing that kept me watching was the chance of rain.
    I really feel for Charles. The team screwed up his start position and after that he got impatient. But i can understand his point of view. There was not much to be gained by waiting for others to drop out or a safety car or rain or whatever. I liked it that he took the bull by the horns and went for it. Maybe the move on hulk was a bit optimistic considering hulk doesnt play too nice when challenged (thank god it wasnt kmag, he would have totalled our car)
    Charles will learn from these experiences. But if he has to keep the faith, the team needs to stop screwing with him. That would be critical.

Think Hamilton did a splendid job. So did max. And for a change Seb played the waiting game to collect 2nd.
    Am beginning to think even WCC is out of reach now. But lets see what happens.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Max got Seb 2nd. place on the podium! There was no need to move Charles over!! Sad to see Charles watching the Monaco race instead of being in it.
    it’s like what Lewis said other day “gave free win to bottas in Baku”.
    Did vettel say hey max please give me 2nd & max obliged to it
    Every post from you is a laughing stock

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    As usual, the race was a snooze fest. The only thing that kept me watching was the chance of rain.
    I really feel for Charles. The team screwed up his start position and after that he got impatient. But i can understand his point of view. There was not much to be gained by waiting for others to drop out or a safety car or rain or whatever. I liked it that he took the bull by the horns and went for it. Maybe the move on hulk was a bit optimistic considering hulk doesnt play too nice when challenged (thank god it wasnt kmag, he would have totalled our car)
    Charles will learn from these experiences. But if he has to keep the faith, the team needs to stop screwing with him. That would be critical.

Think Hamilton did a splendid job. So did max. And for a change Seb played the waiting game to collect 2nd.
    Am beginning to think even WCC is out of reach now. But lets see what happens.
    You still hope Ferrari can win WCC or even get close to it? Everyone at Ferrari is working to solve the issue for 2020 car. No one thinks Ferrari is in the fight for 1st place. At the moment, the only fight is preventing Red Bull from taking 2nd, after all they have the faster race car.

this year's WCC goes to Mercedes, that's done and dusted.
    the current odds on Ferrari winning WCC are around 15/1, should be more like 200/1.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    How did they both survive that without at least a puncture
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Thinking the same thing...Hamilton sold his soul years ago. Luckiest driver in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    That’s what I want to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Amazing. If it was Ferrari I could bet it would be destroyed
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Luck
    Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I was just saying the Ferrari would have exploded on contact.

Max & Hamilton "bump"at the chicane

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D7hDHlkXkAEHjxX.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/11329...g&name=600x314

If you see Lap15, that ferrari car was unstable rear end with cold tyres in S1 final corner .... that was amazing control by vettel.
    Luckily he didn’t give up the position.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Great shots

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    You still hope Ferrari can win WCC or even get close to it? Everyone at Ferrari is working to solve the issue for 2020 car. No one thinks Ferrari is in the fight for 1st place. At the moment, the only fight is preventing Red Bull from taking 2nd, after all they have the faster race car.
    Yes why not. This was just the 6th race of a 20 race calender.
    of course we might need a bit of luck, but it is not inconceivable.
    If we dont play favourites with our drivers and let them race, i feel we will get better results.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    Yes why not. This was just the 6th race of a 20 race calender.
    of course we might need a bit of luck, but it is not inconceivable.
    If we dont play favourites with our drivers and let them race, i feel we will get better results.
    Please don’t start vet vs Lec again. Change in positions happened based on situation & race pace.
    It happened with vet when he was slow & same with Lec.

You said better results, change in positions internally doesn’t yield better results. They need to finish ahead of mercs.
    What you said about better results is on individual driver points.

For Lec to be dominant or show he’s fast, then he needs to qualify ahead of Vettel consistently.

We termed he’s faster than his team mate in Bahrain & Baku.
    But a mistake from him cost Baku pole position.

So he needs to be consistent in challenging Vettel. Forget about mercs, they are untouchable currently.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    it’s like what Lewis said other day “gave free win to bottas in Baku”.
    Did vettel say hey max please give me 2nd & max obliged to it
    Every post from you is a laughing stock
    So yeah, Max did not want Bottas to get the 2nd place and it worked. So yeah, the legendary 4x champion Seb gets a gift to be cherished. And; so yeah; Charles is being trained by Ferrari for when Mick comes to town!
    Did you ever notice almost every sentence from Seb in interviews starts with "so yeah" ! So yeah; it's nice to know you read and enjoy every post from me! The best to you always.

Leclerc was wrong on Sunday. He pushed way to much and lost his head. Points were on the table. Not many, but every one matters.
    Max, Seb, Bianchi, Sainz all got points starting from the bottom while being 20, 21, 23 yrs old in Monaco.
    He went way too agressive.
    Max in 18' started 20th, finished P9, Vettel in 08' in Toro Rosso started 19th, finished P5, Bianchi in 14' started P19 in box and got P9, Sainz in 15' started from the pits and got P10 in Toro Rosso. All young drivers at that point, just like Leclerc

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    So yeah, Max did not want Bottas to get the 2nd place and it worked. So yeah, the legendary 4x champion Seb gets a gift to be cherished. And; so yeah; Charles is being trained by Ferrari for when Mick comes to town!
    Did you ever notice almost every sentence from Seb in interviews starts with "so yeah" ! So yeah; it's nice to know you read and enjoy every post from me! The best to you always.
    Yeah I read it, because it’s give me a good laugh. which is healthy.
    Next what max did to bottas is applaud-able ??? Wowww even max fans don’t agree I think on that move.
    Wowwww man you are something beyond a fan. It might be a obsession.

Next about Charles, now you are counting on Mick .....
    and also great to see you calling vettel a legend ....

Quote Originally Posted by T99 View Post
    Leclerc was wrong on Sunday. He pushed way to much and lost his head. Points were on the table. Not many, but every one matters.
    Max, Seb, Bianchi, Sainz all got points starting from the bottom while being 20, 21, 23 yrs old in Monaco.
    Max in 18' started 20th, finished P9, Vettel in 08' in Toro Rosso started 19th, finished P5, Bianchi in 14' started P19 in box and got P9, Sainz in 15' started from the pits and got P10 in Toro Rosso. All young drivers at that point, just like Leclerc
    Agree with your point, but these 2019 cars are more wider ...with those toy tyres. Pretty difficult to get away with such kind of moves.

Looking at the season so far I am beginning to doubt if Jock Clear is the man to mentor Charles. The cynic in me reckons he’s still working for Mercedes!!!!
    I remember in 2006 when Felipe joined Ferrari he had a lack lustre beginning and his engineer Gabriele delli Colli was blamed as the rapport between the two wasn't working.
    I think I have a faint memory that it was Michael’s idea for the change......enter one Robert Smedley.
    I found this article from way back in 2006.

Felipe Massa's run to his first Formula One podium at the European Grand Prix last weekend coincided with a change of his race engineer.
    Following what Massa claimed were personality issues between himself and Gabriele delli Colli, the team instigated a reshuffle and promoted test team engineer Rob Smedley to work with the Brazilian.
    Smedley, who used to be Giancarlo Fisichella's race engineer at Jordan, had worked at length with Massa during winter testing and his attitude was praised immediately during the Nurburgring weekend.
    Speaking to Gazzetta dello Sport about delli Colli, Massa said: "To work well you need to have between engineer and driver a good relationship and a good atmosphere, and unfortunately this hasn't happened between us since the first race. "Maybe the fact that both of us are Latin and therefore very emotional, especially during the excited moments of qualifying, hasn't helped us. Now with Smedley I feel very well. We've got to know each other during winter testing in Bahrain."

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Please don’t start vet vs Lec again. Change in positions happened based on situation & race pace.
    It happened with vet when he was slow & same with Lec.

You said better results, change in positions internally doesn’t yield better results. They need to finish ahead of mercs.
    What you said about better results is on individual driver points.

For Lec to be dominant or show he’s fast, then he needs to qualify ahead of Vettel consistently.

We termed he’s faster than his team mate in Bahrain & Baku.
    But a mistake from him cost Baku pole position.

So he needs to be consistent in challenging Vettel. Forget about mercs, they are untouchable currently.
    Am not starting lec vs vet again. And its not as much about change in positions, its about letting the driver (may it be seb or lec) who is faster chase down the mercs.
    Its happened twice (once with seb and once with Lec) that by the time the pit wall decided to let the faster driver past, it was pointless. And thats happening because they cant seem to decide whom to favour. My point is, if there was no hierarchy, it would be a no brainer. It would be a much easier decision and a faster one. Perhaps that might make a difference.
    Silently, like a shadow

I think no one should blame Leclerc. He was in that position because of a team mistake. He had nothing to lose even if he retires from the race. At least he tried to do something and make the race more interesting. Leclerc is literally the reason why we had a somewhat exciting Monaco. And I got to say, some of his overtakes were sweet, like the one on Norris.

Quote Originally Posted by T99 View Post
    If he had pulled the move off, everyone would be singing praises. Its a very fine line.
    Perhaps he was too aggressive. Maybe he should have waited. Maybe rain would change the game or a SC might turn things around. We might as well have kept kimi then.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I think no one should blame Leclerc. He was in that position because of a team mistake. He had nothing to lose even if he retires from the race. At least he tried to do something and make the race more interesting. Leclerc is literally the reason why we had a somewhat exciting Monaco. And I got to say, some of his overtakes were sweet, like the one on Norris.
    Agree completely.
    Silently, like a shadow

There’s rumours that Charles isn’t happy and RedBull are open to a driver swap