Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011

Thread: 2019 MonacoGP: Race

This is what really goes on behind "closed doors". These guys are playing with.....everyone....and it shows. Lewis's "crying" on team radio is all for show. Those watching are all "duped" by the "drama".

We here all know this.

https://www.facebook.com/MercedesAMG...0054504214775/
    It's not how start but how you finish.

I think there are other tracks more boring than Monaco eg Spain.
    There have been many exciting overtakes there in the past even though Monaco is not billed as a track where passing is easy.
    On Sunday Charles made it look simple until he touched the barrier when trying to overtake and pass Hulk.
    Apart from that the glamour and glitz of the place makes it a fitting place for the F1 circus to visit. Even Ham's quick dip in a pool full of chemicals must raise a smile.

Forza Jules

All very melodramatic. Last year Ricciardo with engine issues, this year Hamilton with a sub optimal tyre choice while channelling the spirit of Lauda. I look forward to next year when someone with gearbox issues will win at Monaco using only odd-numbered gears. And there will be much rejoicing.
    Last edited by The Architect; 28th May 2019 at 22:33.

Quote Originally Posted by The Architect View Post
    . I look forward to next year when someone with gearbox issues will win at Monaco using only odd-numbered gears. And there will be much rejoicing.
    Not impossible in Monaco I should imagine!!!!!
    Didn't Michael Schumacher during the Spanish grand prix '94 spend 2/3 of the race stuck in 5th gear and finished second and that included 2 pit stops!!!
    The problem occurred in the end of the lap 21 before the chicane where Michael was not able to switch down as he was about to make his first pit. Mind boggling.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by The Architect View Post
    All very melodramatic. Last year Ricciardo with engine issues, this year Hamilton with a sub optimal tyre choice while channelling the spirit of Lauda. I look forward to next year when someone with gearbox issues will win at Monaco using only odd-numbered gears. And there will be much rejoicing.
    I would be surprised even with only 3 tyres car can on Monaco track next year that would be another miracle.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I would be surprised even with only 3 tyres car can on Monaco track next year that would be another miracle.
    Another miracle would be understanding what you wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    This is what really goes on behind "closed doors". These guys are playing with.....everyone....and it shows. Lewis's "crying" on team radio is all for show. Those watching are all "duped" by the "drama".

We here all know this.

https://www.facebook.com/MercedesAMG...0054504214775/
    Yeah, disgusting. I hope they get what they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Yeah, disgusting. I hope they get what they deserve.
    Not sure what was disgusting about the video or even what it’s supposed to contradict or prove.

The team already said the radio stuff was Lewis letting off steam

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    Not sure what was disgusting about the video or even what it’s supposed to contradict or prove.

The team already said the radio stuff was Lewis letting off steam
    Mercedes says in public that it was a mistake to put Lewis on Mediums but we all know that Lewis was having a party out there cruising in front in Monaco with absolutely zero worries from tyre. They know that Medium can last for those many laps without any problem and as told in video, they just wanted to created excitement probably in the minds of rival teams that they have a chance which they never really had.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Mercedes says in public that it was a mistake to put Lewis on Mediums but we all know that Lewis was having a party out there cruising in front in Monaco with absolutely zero worries from tyre. They know that Medium can last for those many laps without any problem and as told in video, they just wanted to created excitement probably in the minds of rival teams that they have a chance which they never really had.
    Yup, they have advantage or buffer over other teams such that even on wrong tires they can cruise to victory & still play lot of drama over radio.

Remember ham was not pushing at all on those tyres, he wantedly slowing down in order if any SC no other drivers in top 3 or 4 doesn’t get any advantage.
    To be clear, he had that race under his control from lap1.

We all know Monaco is know for overtakes, every year this track is producing tons of overtakes!

It was a super human effort from Hamilton, keeping Max behind on a track where it is so easy to overtake. We also know Monaco is pretty hard on tyres, 3-4 pitstops are pretty normal here. So another valiant effort from Hamilton and that god awful Mercedes car of his.

The fans packed the Monaco race $$$$$ . F-1 at it's $$$$ best ! How boring could it be? The Friday off; is just for everyone to spend millions. Max even made Lewis work a little !

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    The fans packed the Monaco race $$$$$ . F-1 at it's $$$$ best ! How boring could it be? The Friday off; is just for everyone to spend millions. Max even made Lewis work a little !
    Did Lewis work a little .... really ??

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Did Lewis work a little .... really ??
    Just enough to win! : A Ferrari 1,2 pos. start next race [either driver 1,2 !] is what Lewis needs to at least have a work out.