Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vettel to retire end of season?

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Should he leave Ferrari I reckon he might replace Bottas.
    Hamilton will not allow it.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    OK! Let Charles race to win. Seb will not allow it! I believe anything to pass the time between races other than talking about wrong tires and their colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    OK! Let Charles race to win. Seb will not allow it! I believe anything to pass the time between races other than talking about wrong tires and their colors.
    5-1

Bahrain who was winning ?

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    5-1

Bahrain who was winning ?
    Exactly ! That's why Charles should never be held back for the former R Bull legend. During a race is bad enough, now even quali. is being messed with! Seb just needs a little more down force , better tire choices, better steering, more braking power, and less fuel, and yeah; he will be back on top for sure !

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Exactly ! That's why Charles should never be held back for the former R Bull legend. During a race is bad enough, now even quali. is being messed with! Seb just needs a little more down force , better tire choices, better steering, more braking power, and less fuel, and yeah; he will be back on top for sure !
    oh Bahrain he took the pole & was ahead of Vet…!! So Ferrari wantedly held back vet?
    Wt happened to other races where he didn't qualify ahead of vettel . so Ferrari wantedly held back Charles to not qualify ahead of vet?
    wowwww…..you are more than Italian media.

Maybe it is not his call.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Wt happened to other races where he didn't qualify ahead of vettel
    Do we really need to talk about Baku and Monaco Qualifying some more?

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Do we really need to talk about Baku and Monaco Qualifying some more?
    It isn't Vettel's fault that Leclerc crashed into the wall in Baku. Even without crashing, there is no guarantee he would have outqualified Seb. Charles was faster in practice but past 11 years have proved that Seb's best lap comes in Q3.

Now Seb has to continue those Q3 best laps @ Ferrari! First yr. in his Ferrari ride and 21 yrs. old and Charles is being compared 1 on 1 with Seb. A big compliment weather it's meant to be or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Maybe it is not his call.
    After Nico retired, Hamilton got a lot of perks. I believe he got the veto perk too.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    It isn't Vettel's fault that Leclerc crashed into the wall in Baku. Even without crashing, there is no guarantee he would have outqualified Seb. Charles was faster in practice but past 11 years have proved that Seb's best lap comes in Q3.
    Right. It's the team's fault they put the both of them on the wrong tire. Leclerc crashed and Vettel nearly crashed. Leclerc was faster up to his crash. The difference is that Vettel knows he can't trust the boneheads to put him on the right tire. Leclerc is just starting to learn of the rampant incompetence that plagues the team.

Bottom line is Vettel is not spanking Leclerc like so many thought he would.

Disappointed Since 2010

Right. It's the team's fault they put the both of them on the wrong tire. Leclerc crashed and Vettel nearly crashed. Leclerc was faster up to his crash. The difference is that Vettel knows he can't trust the boneheads to put him on the right tire. Leclerc is just starting to learn of the rampant incompetence that plagues the team.

That's why they replaced Kimi because Kimi wasn't pushing Seb at all. Charles is a quick driver and will only improve. All I want to see is that team gets its act together in Canada so both drivers can solely focus on driving.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    That's why they replaced Kimi because Kimi wasn't pushing Seb at all. Charles is a quick driver and will only improve. All I want to see is that team gets its act together in Canada so both drivers can solely focus on driving.
    That's what we all want but the incompetence shown by the team at the tracks so far needs a good shake-up and some of the workload taken away from Binotto so that he can concentrate on the technical side and the drivers given the opportunity to do their job with equal billing.

It’s other way around lot of them thought Lec would spank vettel. Just like DR vs Vettel 2014.
    Even before start of season, it was reminded like 2014 season for vettel.
    But it isn’t. Now that Lec is also faster, vettel is giving the extreme in quali so that he can stay ahead & still the best.

It’s other way around lot of them thought Lec would spank vettel. Just like DR vs Vettel 2014.
    Even before start of season, it was reminded like 2014 season for vettel.
    But it isn’t. Now that Lec is also faster, vettel is giving the extreme in quali so that he can stay ahead & still the best.
    Bahrain was the only race Seb was slower, in other races Seb had the margin over Leclerc. And with Canada ahead, which is probably a track which suit Seb, he should be still ahead. Have a good feeling that we could fight for the pole there.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Bahrain was the only race Seb was slower, in other races Seb had the margin over Leclerc. And with Canada ahead, which is probably a track which suit Seb, he should be still ahead. Have a good feeling that we could fight for the pole there.
    If vettel gets pole or stay ahead of Lec, there are few of them calling team did a conspiracy in stopping Lec taking the pole or staying ahead of vettel.
    Unfortunately this will be the case of discussion in every race this season.
    Also we are not fighting with mercs, there’s no point of discussion on them. Wts left is vettel vs Lec, that’s it.

Wts left is vettel vs Lec, that’s it.
    Oh dear its Hamilton versus Alonso at Merc all over again.......a rookie versus 2 x WDC
    The only difference here Ham was the driver being helped to win by the team manager!!!

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Oh dear its Hamilton versus Alonso at Merc all over again.......a rookie versus 2 x WDC
    The only difference here Ham was the driver being helped to win by the team manager!!!
    That was a cracking season atleast there is other rival from other team who’s fighting for WDC. Kimi.
    So it’s straight battle between kimi vs ham vs Alonso... In fact massa was there too couple of times.

Regarding team manager Rob help to ham .. yeah I think it’s down to Alonso where he’s given ultimatum to Mclaren for not giving him preferential treatment. Which resulted him to do some tactics like controversial pit stop during quali.
    But to me Alonso was the best in that era with Ham & vettel.
    Only problem with him is his ego, if he would have made right choices at right time. Then by now he’s atleast 4 time WDC.
    I feel sad for him, at the same time it’s a lesson for other drivers too.

Vettel to retire end of season?

That was a cracking season atleast there is other rival from other team who’s fighting for WDC. Kimi.
    So it’s straight battle between kimi vs ham vs Alonso... In fact massa was there too couple of times.

Regarding team manager Rob help to ham .. yeah I think it’s down to Alonso where he’s given ultimatum to Mclaren for not giving him preferential treatment. Which resulted him to do some tactics like controversial pit stop during quali.
    But to me Alonso was the best in that era with Ham & vettel.
    Only problem with him is his ego, if he would have made right choices at right time. Then by now he’s atleast 4 time WDC.
    I feel sad for him, at the same time it’s a lesson for other drivers too.
    One correction, the Hungarian pit stop drama that you mentioned, it was Hamilton who started it by disobeying team instructions by not letting Alonso through for his qualifying run which resulted in retaliation

Latest headline on GP Today is Alonso back to Ferrari to replace Seb....have the media got nothing else to keep us amused or do they know something we don't?

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    One correction, the Hungarian pit stop drama that you mentioned, it was Hamilton who started it by disobeying team instructions by not letting Alonso through for his qualifying run which resulted in retaliation
    Ohhh my correction, I didn’t knew it at all. Till date I was thinking it was Alonso mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Latest headline on GP Today is Alonso back to Ferrari to replace Seb....have the media got nothing else to keep us amused or do they know something we don't?
    Everything is to unsettle ferrari.
    Why this media don’t talk about RB? Williams ?? Why it should be always ferrari ?

They don’t find any other news

"Leclerc no happy and wants to leave....Vettel's retiring after this year"...simply hilarious.

I wouldn't pay too much attention. This is simply click-bait attempt, nothing else. These folks too often just make stuff up or are getting their info from bad sources who themselves make it up.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    "Leclerc no happy and wants to leave....Vettel's retiring after this year"...simply hilarious.

I wouldn't pay too much attention. This is simply click-bait attempt, nothing else. These folks too often just make stuff up or are getting their info from bad sources who themselves make it up.
    Formula 1 has become a boring Mercedes snoozefest so they have to resort to this to still make it somewhat interesting. Worse time in F1 history right now folks, sorry to say it.

Formula 1 has become a boring Mercedes snoozefest so they have to resort to this to still make it somewhat interesting. Worse time in F1 history right now folks, sorry to say it.
    I agree. Almost all the F1 races this season have been deathly boring. I am not an indycar fan but tonight I watched the Detroit indycar race at my friends house and wow it was 100x more enjoyable than all 2019 F1 races so far! Good racing and very unpredictable. Totally unlike the Formula Mercedes bore

#KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Pray it isn't so!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Riccardog View Post
    Pray it isn't so!!!!!
    Totally agree but I think or rather hope its only media hype.
    I think its all linked to Flavio being employed by Ferrari to manage the team and who would he love to have with him.............his favourite Alonso!!!!
    All hype to try and keep us interested.

Forza Jules

Interesting. Though probably quite unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    Interesting. Though probably quite unlikely.
    we said the same thing in 2009 when kimi got the boot (even though he had a contract for 2010).......and come 2010 Alo was driving for Ferrari....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.