Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vettel to retire end of season?

Vettel to retire end of season?

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    hope it's true.....his time has passed years ago when he was at red bull...........he had a good car last year and due to his numerous mistakes he lost the WDC.....betcha if Lewis was driving that SF70H he would have won it; he's a much more complete driver

but if he INDEED leaves end of year, who would replace him?? i wouldnt' mind having either the Hulk or Richiardo
    Soooooooo glad 2022 is over, a season that started so well but massive decline after TD39....Hopefully 2023 will bring us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    Romain Grosjean?

Disappointed Since 2010

He may be contemplating to retire but in the end he won't. Ferrari will do everything to make sure he stays till 2021. With major regulation changes on the horizon, Ferrari needs a top driver, if Seb leaves, Ferrari will be left with the likes of Grosjean, Perez, Magnussen etc.. Ferrari will not allow such kind of disaster to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    He may be contemplating to retire but in the end he won't. Ferrari will do everything to make sure he stays till 2021. With major regulation changes on the horizon, Ferrari needs a top driver, if Seb leaves, Ferrari will be left with the likes of Grosjean, Perez, Magnussen etc.. Ferrari will not allow such kind of disaster to happen.
    what about the likes or Hulkenberg or Rchiardo.....i would much rather get one of them, rather then Crashjean, perez or magnussen.......they would be a WAY better option me thinks
    Soooooooo glad 2022 is over, a season that started so well but massive decline after TD39....Hopefully 2023 will bring us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    what about the likes or Hulkenberg or Rchiardo.....i would much rather get one of them, rather then Crashjean, perez or magnussen.......they would be a WAY better option me thinks
    RedBull wants Hulk IF Gasly does'nt work out.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Sorry chinmay but Ferrari have allowed too many disasters already in recent times, so nothing would surprise me! Seb's body language seems to show he hasn't felt comfortable since mid-2018 and maybe he now knows he won't/can't win a WDC with Ferrari at its current level.

And what input will Seb have? We don't need a top driver to get the new rules right, make the car dominant and even the likes of a Rosberg can win title.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    maybe he now knows he won't/can't win a WDC with Ferrari at its current level.
    Maybe Ferrari feel we cant win a WDC with Seb at his current level
    Forza Ferrari

Greig said to stop vet vs lec, now again he started & being cheeky here in this thread.
    When car is good even Rosberg can win the title... you’ve said this.
    When 2018 car was good vettel committed mistakes, then why didn’t kimi won it?
    Kimi is much more better than Rosberg ....

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Maybe Ferrari feel we cant win a WDC with Seb at his current level
    It's sad to witness his meltdown. If this is the case why doesn't he move over and give his young eager team mate a chance to hassle the Mercs.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Greig said to stop vet vs lec, now again he started & being cheeky here in this thread.
    When car is good even Rosberg can win the title... you’ve said this.
    When 2018 car was good vettel committed mistakes, then why didn’t kimi won it?
    Kimi is much more better than Rosberg ....
    Thread is about Vettel not Vettel v Leclerc which is why nobody has mentioned it till you did I also said when car is dominant not just good.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Thread is about Vettel not Vettel v Leclerc which is why nobody has mentioned it till you did I also said when car is dominant not just good.
    That’s why I said... cheeky post

didn't he retire end of season 2013?

He's not what he once was since Germany 2018. Something happened to him back then and maybe now he feels that with a competitive team mate and 2nd-3rd best car his best shot at another WDC is gone for good.

Why would he retire if he’s got a contract with Ferrari for next season and he already said this season that he would stay another year at Ferrari for sure and only then he would consider his options. Last week the rumour was he was joining Mercedes this week he’s retiring, don’t know where these rumours come from but they sound ridiculous.

Seb will never leave before he has to. We all work for and want the best salary we can find ! Win or lose a WDC , next year at ferrari , the pay is there big time. If he goes elsewhere after Ferrari with how finished, I can't imagine him seeing the same pay or even close. As Flavio taught Alonso, " Basta que e sold e buon, que te ne fote ! As long as the money is good, who gives a .... ! F-1 drivers are old and ready for retirement in there late 30s. They need a good stash to continue the life their used to; and raise a family too. That for sure is why Kimi is so easy going and calm no matter where in F-1 he winds up. Seb did "A " okay for himself, record wise and $$$. The best to him.
    Ferarri's next choice of future driver needs to be the one who will give the "Max.. imum " every race to win! Charles is already to do the same.

I want Vettel to win a title with Ferrari. But I'd like to see someone like Ricciardo-Leclerc in Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    I want Vettel to win a title with Ferrari. But I'd like to see someone like Ricciardo-Leclerc in Ferrari.
    Whatever the reasons for Seb's apparent loss of form and mistakes since mid-2018, I would also like him to win a title with Ferrari but sadly it's a very long shot even if his retirement is just a rumour.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Whatever the reasons for Seb's apparent loss of form and mistakes since mid-2018, I would also like him to win a title with Ferrari but sadly it's a very long shot even if his retirement is just a rumour.
    Actually it's not just rumour. Its fake news. That's why Ferrari should go media blackout again.

Leclerc's management is looking for alternative. Vettel may retire. They drive for FERRARI, not a midfield low-budget team.

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Actually it's not just rumour. Its fake news. That's why Ferrari should go media blackout again.

Leclerc's management is looking for alternative. Vettel may retire. They drive for FERRARI, not a midfield low-budget team.
    Well said and who wouldn't give their right arm (not literally that wouldn't be good) to do the same

Forza Jules

With no competition to talk about, we are back to these drivers rumors again.

If he doesn't retire Ferrari should get rid of him, they don't need to pay that kind of money for a driver that is not going to win the championship (partially not his fault). He is not a big marketing tool either. Hire someone from the midfield, a solid driver because let's face it, Ferrari is not going to win a title anytime soon.

He's only 31, in his prime.

If he does retire or leave, how about Verstappen as a replacement?

Should he leave Ferrari I reckon he might replace Bottas.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Should he leave Ferrari I reckon he might replace Bottas.
    Vettel against Hamilton in the same car should be entertaining

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    With no competition to talk about, we are back to these drivers rumors again.
    Silly season started at Race 2 itself in this forum
    Not talking about car. It’s just vet vs Lec every race. New conspiracy creation.
    More than Italian media

Does he have a retirement package?

Here we are on a thread that is all speculation..............no announcements but it keeps us busy until the next race.
    Are we saddos or just ardent racing fans????

Forza Jules

I think Vettel should be retained but he needs to pick up his game. Lacking all over the place since mid 2018. He also should take a significant pay cut until he gets back to the form we know he can produce.