Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112

Thread: 2019 CanadianGP: Practices & Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Great ! Seb got his 5th pole here. I just hope both Ferrari drivers can drive to win. either one ,two =s the same needed points.
    Hoping we get two ferraris at the front after the first corner.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-89 View Post
    Hoping we get two ferraris at the front after the first corner.
    Hoping we finally get one trouble, stupid decisions from pit wall, free race!

For those here in the states. race starts at 12:30 central (1:30 eastern) on ABC......possible commercials.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Yeah
    More than 0.2s after sector 1 and 2, sector 1 alone 0.160s behind Hamilton that is not neck and neck.

Any wrong thing??? He was fast in FPs pushing vettel a lot. Even in q1&q2. But q3 not so at all.
    Aus, Baku, China & here.
    He's quick but error prone, try's to win the WDC in every corner.

This time he made a huge error before the last king straight and had no traction out of the corner and lost 0.5 of a second.

He's young and quick and will improve, give him two seasons and he'll be good and consistent.

LeClerc also needs to learn to know he's driving for a team, not himself. We have no use for another Alonso.

It feels amazing with a Ferrari pole.
    Finally an interesting exciting race, I look forward to it immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by T99 View Post
    More than 0.2s after sector 1 and 2, sector 1 alone 0.160s behind Hamilton that is not neck and neck.
    Given Ferrari advantage in S3 I would say that’s the holding line gap from Lec.

Given Ferrari advantage in S3 I would say that’s the holding line gap from Lec.
    here's teh comparison between Seb's pole lap in comparison to Hamster's in MINI SECTORS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RBu...layer_embedded

can see how the Merc is gaining on US in the medium corners like turn 2 and then in 3,4.....but then we gain big time in every straight....especially in turn 10 out of the hair pin.....our traction is AMAZING leading to the two long straights.....that's when we leave teh Hamster in teh DUST

IF our front wing update that is rumored to come in FRENCH GP will work and give us more grip and confidence in slow to medium corners and close the gap to merc......IT'S GAME ON for the remainder of the season....that is just my opinion

Forza Ferrari and looking forward to another FERRARI WIN TODAY.....i cannot wait
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

‘Canadian pole proves Ferrari got concept wrong’

Sebastian Vettel set the pace in Saturday’s qualifying at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, a track with long straights and few slow corners.

His 1:10.240 on the soft Pirellis put him 0.206s ahead of Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton while his own team-mate Charles Leclerc was third.

Ferrari are hoping that Vettel can convert his pole position into a first win of the campaign having watched as Mercedes won the opening six grands prix.

Speaking on his YouTube channel after qualifying, Rosberg said: “Proper awesome lap from Vettel, after so many difficult races and the whole difficult start of the season and everything, so much pressure from Leclerc as well.

“He absolutely bombed it, it was a beautiful lap, perfect. Two-tenths quicker than Lewis, six-tenths quicker than Leclerc, fantastic.

“I’m really, really happy for Vettel actually. For his mental game that’s going to be really, really crucial and it gives him a great opportunity to win so that’s real powerful.”

But while Rosberg is happy for Vettel, he reckons the German’s pole position is proof that Ferrari “got their concept wrong on their car.”

He explained: “What you need to understand is they [Mercedes] built their race cars for the average track. That’s like between Monaco and Montreal; Monaco being really slow speed and Montreal being just high speed and straight lines.

“You have to build the car so it’s average and ideal for all tracks right in the middle. Then of course for Monaco it’s not going to be ideal, it’s just slow speeds so you need max downforce and Montreal isn’t ideal either because you need to be faster on the straights.

“This is where it was clear again today how Ferrari just got their concept wrong on their car.

“As soon as you go to one of the extreme high-speed tracks like Montreal, of which there’s only two because there’s only Montreal and Monza, boom they’re in front again and the fastest car – but only just.

“Then when you go to Monaco, the other extreme, they’re just nowhere. All the other tracks in the middle as well, they’re just struggling.

“They just got their concept wrong and went too far on one side. They need to move that concept back to being fast on the average track.

“They need to bring more downforce to the car and take away some of that straight-line speed but it takes time to change the concept like that. It takes a lot of time so they need to get on top of that very, very quickly.”

The German, who won his one and only World title with Mercedes, added that he does not believe that Montreal is a sign that Ferrari are back in the game.

“Are Ferrari back? I don’t think they’re back,” he said. “On this track they’re back, everywhere else they won’t be. That’s a pity and they still have a lot of work to do.”
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    here's teh comparison between Seb's pole lap in comparison to Hamster's in MINI SECTORS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RBu...layer_embedded

can see how the Merc is gaining on US in the medium corners like turn 2 and then in 3,4.....but then we gain big time in every straight....especially in turn 10 out of the hair pin.....our traction is AMAZING leading to the two long straights.....that's when we leave teh Hamster in teh DUST

IF our front wing update that is rumored to come in FRENCH GP will work and give us more grip and confidence in slow to medium corners and close the gap to merc......IT'S GAME ON for the remainder of the season....that is just my opinion

Forza Ferrari and looking forward to another FERRARI WIN TODAY.....i cannot wait
    It’s short shift from ferrari that gives them advantage coming out of that corners

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post
    ‘Canadian pole proves Ferrari got concept wrong’

Sebastian Vettel set the pace in Saturday’s qualifying at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, a track with long straights and few slow corners.

His 1:10.240 on the soft Pirellis put him 0.206s ahead of Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton while his own team-mate Charles Leclerc was third.

Ferrari are hoping that Vettel can convert his pole position into a first win of the campaign having watched as Mercedes won the opening six grands prix.

Speaking on his YouTube channel after qualifying, Rosberg said: “Proper awesome lap from Vettel, after so many difficult races and the whole difficult start of the season and everything, so much pressure from Leclerc as well.

“He absolutely bombed it, it was a beautiful lap, perfect. Two-tenths quicker than Lewis, six-tenths quicker than Leclerc, fantastic.

“I’m really, really happy for Vettel actually. For his mental game that’s going to be really, really crucial and it gives him a great opportunity to win so that’s real powerful.”

But while Rosberg is happy for Vettel, he reckons the German’s pole position is proof that Ferrari “got their concept wrong on their car.”

He explained: “What you need to understand is they [Mercedes] built their race cars for the average track. That’s like between Monaco and Montreal; Monaco being really slow speed and Montreal being just high speed and straight lines.

“You have to build the car so it’s average and ideal for all tracks right in the middle. Then of course for Monaco it’s not going to be ideal, it’s just slow speeds so you need max downforce and Montreal isn’t ideal either because you need to be faster on the straights.

“This is where it was clear again today how Ferrari just got their concept wrong on their car.

“As soon as you go to one of the extreme high-speed tracks like Montreal, of which there’s only two because there’s only Montreal and Monza, boom they’re in front again and the fastest car – but only just.

“Then when you go to Monaco, the other extreme, they’re just nowhere. All the other tracks in the middle as well, they’re just struggling.

“They just got their concept wrong and went too far on one side. They need to move that concept back to being fast on the average track.

“They need to bring more downforce to the car and take away some of that straight-line speed but it takes time to change the concept like that. It takes a lot of time so they need to get on top of that very, very quickly.”

The German, who won his one and only World title with Mercedes, added that he does not believe that Montreal is a sign that Ferrari are back in the game.

“Are Ferrari back? I don’t think they’re back,” he said. “On this track they’re back, everywhere else they won’t be. That’s a pity and they still have a lot of work to do.”
    He’s saying Canada & Monza are the only top speed tracks & ferrari got concept wrong & will work only on these tracks.
    Such a non-sense.
    Ferrari were strong in Bahrain, Baku, Canada...!!
    More tracks coming Monza, Silverstone n couple of more where I feel ferrari will be strong.

It’s short shift from ferrari that gives them advantage coming out of that corners
    Yeah, coupled that with good straight line speed and strong motor got us pole
    We just need to pile some more downforce on the car so that we’re better in slow to medium corners also

“GRANDE” SEBASTIAN! A POLE FOR THE TIFOSI
    Canadian Grand Prix - "Grande" Sebastian! A pole for the tifosi
    Montreal, 8 June 2019 – Sebastian Vettel will start the 50th Canadian Formula 1 Grand Prix from pole position tomorrow, when the lights go out at 14.10 local time (20.10 CET.) The German’s best lap was 206 thousandths faster than second placed Lewis Hamilton, while Charles Leclerc was third in 1’10”920. This is Scuderia Ferrari’s second pole of the season, following on from Charles’ in Bahrain.

Q1. In the first part of the session, Charles and Sebastian each went quicker three times, going through to Q2 in first and second places. The Monegasque did a 1’11”786 then a 1’11”481 and finally a 1’11”214. Sebastian began with a lap in 1’12”339 then 1’11”601 and in the end, a 1’11”200.

Q2. In Q2, the aim was to make the cut on the Medium tyres, so as to use them for the start of the race. Sebastian did it with two laps in 1’11”309 and 1’11”142. Charles made a mistake on his first run but soon posted a 1’11”205, which was enough to make it through to the final session, even though Q2 was red flagged after Kevin Magnussen hit the wall which meant no one could improve.

Q3. In the top ten shoot-out, both the SF90s used Soft tyres to get the most out of the car. Charles was the first of the two Ferrari men to set a time in 1’11”188, with Sebastian then doing a 1’10”681. On the final run with new tyres, Leclerc got down to a 1’10”920 while Sebastian excelled himself to deliver an amazing 1’10”240, to ensure the 56th pole of his career, his eleventh with Scuderia Ferrari, which puts him level with Rubens Barrichello on the list of Ferrari driver poles. For the Scuderia, this was pole number 221, coming almost 68 years after the first one, which came courtesy of José Froilàn Gonzàlez in the 1951 British Grand Prix.

Sebastian Vettel #5

“That was a good day for us and I’m really pleased for the team. The last couple of months haven’t been easy for us so it’s nice to get a result like today and it sends the right message to all the guys. We are flat out and the most important thing is we keep pushing.

There’s a lot of adrenaline going around in qualifying and when they came on the radio I was really delighted. It was quite tense in terms of concentration and obviously you try to put everything in that one lap or in those two attempts that you have.
    Coming here, we knew that we would have better chances and we were able to confirm that. Our pace is stronger here and we are basically sure to avoid the soft tyre in the race. We’ll take it from there. Anything can happen tomorrow and we’ll race to find out, as simple as that. We know our competitors are very quick, especially over the distance and we’ve seen this in all the races so far, but we’re starting ahead of them and hopefully we’ll stay there and fight as hard as we can. It is important that the chance was there today and we took it. But now we must confirm it tomorrow. So hopefully more singing!”

Charles Leclerc #16

“Today’s result is great for our team and congratulations to Seb for securing pole position. He was very quick today and just put everything together. He deserves it. For my part, I have to improve the way in which I anticipate the track evolution, so that I can set up the car to be on point for Q3. I will analyse this and hopefully be stronger in this department at the next race. Starting from third place tomorrow is a great opportunity and it will be fun to be in the fight with our competitors. We will keep pushing and do our best to bring home a strong result.”

Mattia Binotto Team Principal

“This pole is for our fans, who support us and are always right behind us, even when things aren’t going so well.

We are very pleased with today’s result. We have demonstrated that, on some tracks we can be competitive, given that here in Canada our performance has been good all weekend. I think that we are working well, even if the results have not reflected that fact. But the team has shown the right spirit and today’s result is a boost for everyone.
    Sebastian put together a great lap. The potential was there and he produced it at the right moment. Charles also did a good job to take third on the grid. Tomorrow’s race will be long and very tough. We have to stay focussed. The temperatures are expected to rise and tyre degradation will be a key factor for everyone. But for now, we can enjoy today’s result!”
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by erikejw View Post
    He's quick but error prone, try's to win the WDC in every corner.

This time he made a huge error before the last king straight and had no traction out of the corner and lost 0.5 of a second.

He's young and quick and will improve, give him two seasons and he'll be good and consistent.

LeClerc also needs to learn to know he's driving for a team, not himself. We have no use for another Alonso.

It feels amazing with a Ferrari pole.
    Finally an interesting exciting race, I look forward to it immensely.
    Ferrari only wishes they had Alonso in their #1 spot now. LeClerc believes driving for a team means going for the win, and all the points he can get for the team. He's not driving for Seb, he's driving for his team. Seb isn't so young and shouldn't be the one who needs a couple of more seasons to become good and consistent. Ferrari thought they were getting a champion driver, not a driver still learning, making mistakes. That would be ok to wait for Charles to improve, not $$$ Seb.

favoritism???? (coming off Stroll's possible hydraulic leak with the new spec 2 engine during quali)

this is interesting.....[AMuS]

Post race scrutineering showed Mercedes hydraulics was not 100% identical with version that had been replaced in Hamiltons car before the race. But FIA couldn't prove it was working differently and cleared Mercedes.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Ferrari only wishes they had Alonso in their #1 spot now. LeClerc believes driving for a team means going for the win, and all the points he can get for the team. He's not driving for Seb, he's driving for his team. Seb isn't so young and shouldn't be the one who needs a couple of more seasons to become good and consistent. Ferrari thought they were getting a champion driver, not a driver still learning, making mistakes. That would be ok to wait for Charles to improve, not $$$ Seb.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    favoritism???? (coming off Stroll's possible hydraulic leak with the new spec 2 engine during quali)

this is interesting.....[AMuS]

Post race scrutineering showed Mercedes hydraulics was not 100% identical with version that had been replaced in Hamiltons car before the race. But FIA couldn't prove it was working differently and cleared Mercedes.
    OMG..... so with out any clarity still they gave green signal for mercs in the race.
    But when ferrari tries winglets or keep icebag or if they are very fast on straight they react immediately & keep monitoring continuously. Great job FIA. You should have only F not IA.

OMG..... so with out any clarity still they gave green signal for mercs in the race.
    But when ferrari tries winglets or keep icebag or if they are very fast on straight they react immediately & keep monitoring continuously. Great job FIA. You should have only F not IA.
    The F I A green light gave to Merc knowing lewis can trusted because he is the best what he does at. So far Ferrari not very fast, and F I A monitoring important to keep honest them. Even Lewis in Williams would be probably winning.

The F I A green light gave to Merc knowing lewis can trusted because he is the best what he does at. So far Ferrari not very fast, and F I A monitoring important to keep honest them. Even Lewis in Williams would be probably winning.

If Lewis probably can win with Williams, then why is he not going ...is it for $$$. Or he thinks Russell can beat him

If Lewis probably can win with Williams, then why is he not going ...is it for $$$. Or he thinks Russell can beat him
    Yes for the money for sure. Claire Williams is in F-1 just to buy & sell drivers. Lewis is too big a deal for her to handle. If Toto was in charge of Ferrari, they would be the champion team , he would be smart enough to take Lewis with him. Her next buy should be Charles and then sell him to Merc. Buy back Bottas and sell him to R Bull. Then take Max and sell him to Ferrari.

Yes for the money for sure. Claire Williams is in F-1 just to buy & sell drivers. Lewis is too big a deal for her to handle. If Toto was in charge of Ferrari, they would be the champion team , he would be smart enough to take Lewis with him. Her next buy should be Charles and then sell him to Merc. Buy back Bottas and sell him to R Bull. Then take Max and sell him to Ferrari.
    Goshhhh, you didn’t say take maldonado n sell him to Bernie
    Or make him a race steward