Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 2019 CanadianGP: Race

Ferrari didn't tell Leclerc Seb had a penalty

https://www.racefans.net/2019/06/09/...ttels-penalty/

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    For me, Le Mans is the event of the year. Even now, when the LMP1 is kinda meh. But it will be better in the years to come with the new rules. It is certainly worth to watch.
    Thanks for the info . Will try to watch. Atleast we have proper racing.

Vettel made a huge mistake under pressure. Than he did a Schumacher one. Fighting for first place should allow hard defenses. Is not like passing a backmarker.
    I really hoped that Vettel would slow down and crashed with Hamilton. Senna style. Unfortunately not.
    He showed some balls in the end but would prefer if he didn't went to podium. If they wanted to disqualify him for that, so do it. Is not like Ferrari will win any title.

Ferrari should leave this farce and go back to sport cars. Honor Enzo, he always preferred sport cars, and go for Le Mans.
    F1 is so boring. I only watch it for Ferrari. Otherwise I watch motogp.
    This is just ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by nuni View Post
    Vettel made a huge mistake under pressure. Than he did a Schumacher one. Fighting for first place should allow hard defenses. Is not like passing a backmarker.
    I really hoped that Vettel would slow down and crashed with Hamilton. Senna style. Unfortunately not.
    He showed some balls in the end but would prefer if he didn't went to podium. If they wanted to disqualify him for that, so do it. Is not like Ferrari will win any title.

Ferrari should leave this farce and go back to sport cars. Honor Enzo, he always preferred sport cars, and go for Le Mans.
    F1 is so boring. I only watch it for Ferrari. Otherwise I watch motogp.
    This is just ridiculous
    Yeah he did a mistake, but still vettel didn’t gain anything he had the car ahead of ham.
    Ham too was locking down the hairpin...!!

Vettel given two penalty points for forcing Hamilton to take “evasive action”

Sebastian Vettel has been given two points on his licence for the incident with Lewis Hamilton which cost him victory in the Canadian Grand Prix.

The Ferrari driver was given a five-second time penalty for forcing Hamilton to take evasive action when he drove onto the racing line immediately after coming off the track at turn three.
    The stewards ruled “car five [Vettel] left the track at turn three, rejoined the track at turn four in an unsafe manner and forced car 44 off track.

“Car 44 had to take evasive action to avoid a collision,” the added.

Vettel has now collected seven penalty points for the current 12-month period.

Vettel’s post-race team radio

Vettel defended his driving as he returned to the pits after the end of the race:

To Vettel: OK and mode slow.
    Vettel: No, no, no, guys. No, no, no. Not like that. Not like that. No, no, no. Seriously, you have to be an absolutely blind man to think that you can go through the grass and then control your car. I was lucky that I did not hit the wall. Where the hell I am supposed to go? This is a wrong world, tell you, this is not fair. Great crowd, great race, grazie ragazzi.
    To Vettel: OK Seb I think you win the race on track, that’s more important. Grazie mille. We appreciate your efforts. Keep your head down.
    Vettel: I’m not staying calm. This is not fair. It’s just not fair.
    To Vettel: And cool the brakes, please.
    Vettel: I am cooling the brakes.
    Vettel: I’m angry. And I think you know why. And I have a right to be angry. I don’t care what people say.
    To Vettel: And into the pit lane.
    Vettel: Copy that.

https://www.racefans.net/2019/06/09/...vasive-action/

I'm pretty sure had the roles been reversed today then Lewis would not have been given a 5 second penalty. He was wasn't given one in Monaco a few years ago when he did basicly the same to Ricciardo after the chicane. He also didn't get a penalty for cutting through the grass prior to the pit entry at Hockenheim last year. Lewis has clearly been driving to a different set of rules than all other drivers, especially in his hybrid V6 turbo era. There's no way else to put it. It's political correctness gone horribly wrong.

I did not think this "so called" sport could go any more ridiculous than it already was but today FIA has proved me wrong...Merc is already the dominant car, but when they finally have some challenge, and actually lose, because they lost, well FIA find a way or another to hand them the victory. It's been going on since 2017, with the obvious aim of creating a fake legend, aka Lewis hamilton. Well FIA, Liberty, Mercedes and Lewis should know that people are not blind...What a shame to see what this great sport has become...

Anyways, car was finally out there on top today, Lewis was absolutely not faster, and Seb did a great job. Unfortunately he made a small mistake in the only chicane of the track (if not the only corner) that does not have concrete escape.

If Lewis had a brain he would have slowed down and crossed the line at the exit of the chicane to end up ahead before next chicane and there would be no discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Any changes to car after quali, it should be under parc ferme. That’s the rule

But I cannot imagine Mercedes breaking any rules there ................and if they do there will be more further action.

Forza Jules

Why wont the Ferrari protest the results? Cmon have balls.

Vettel: I didn’t want to join in with anything. I was angry and disappointed, I think everyone understands why, but I think it’s respect to show to Lewis and Charles and the representative from Mercedes to be part of the podium.
    Certainly it’s not the place I wanted to be, at that point I wanted to get out, being there is not of my free will but I had to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Can't protest steward decisions made during the race.
    Forza Ferrari

Ferrari should have 2 wins by now, Bahrain and Canada.

They did
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

%100 agreed
    Red is the only color!!!

The stewards in Canada.

Gerd Ennser (GER)
    Emanuele Pirro (ITA) a notorious Ferrari hater
    Mathieu Remmerie (BEL)
    Mike Kaerne (CAN)

Remember that until the next time.

It is strange how lucky Hamilton is, he wins even when he does not win the race.

Seb pushed Lewis off the track, how? Did they crash.

Donkeys, well the WDC hopes were over since race 5, I can go to sleep in peace now. Seb won the race for us today! For me a hero, Forza.

Seb pushed Lewis off the track, how? Did they crash.

Donkeys, well the WDC hopes were over since race 5, I can go to sleep in peace now. Seb won the race for us today! For me a hero, Forza.

https://i.postimg.cc/T3R71W0w/621718...72609024-n.jpg
    It was pretty clear as soon as that wording of the decision was released that it was based on corruption. As I wrote above, had the roles been reversed, and Lewis would have been the one making the mistake, he wouldn't have been given a penalty. He wasn't at Monaco a few years back and he wasn't in Germany last year for cutting through the grass. Always reprimands only.

The stewards blew that call and they know it. That was

Liberty will lap this up.

Leadership needs to make a decision on whoever runs Charles' strategy.

Grande, Seb. Grande, Charles. Forza Ferrari.

Well one things for sure, it's hard to push a car off the tracks when there's a wall right after the curbing... if Hamilton went off the track, he would have hit the wall and flipped over the fencing, which clearly didn't happen...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Ferrari have reported to the FIA their intention to appeal the sanction to Vettel.

Ferrari have 96 hours to formalize the appeal and present new evidence.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

If this was a race to determine the world championship I wonder if the race stewards would have handed out a penalty for same incident.I would say not .Liberty media are fuming and probably regretting ever going into f1 what was finally going to be a real ding ding battle was diffused by the stewards. As Toto wolf said we rather our wins on the track.

Fia are a group of maggots. Ferrari are the only pure blood team based in italy all other teams are bits and pieces mercedes included .The whole hybrid mercedes era smells totally of collusion with large and powerful bodies this is to stop.F1 is going to he'll in a hand basket.The bias shown to British drivers is astounding . This is all about having Lewis as the all time best a be it to dethrone the legend schui. Mercedes have turned on there own using a British driver in a so called bits and pieces German car to put the knife in I would understand if nico rosberg drove for mercedes .

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Ferrari have reported to the FIA their intention to appeal the sanction to Vettel.

Ferrari have 96 hours to formalize the appeal and present new evidence.
    Good decision by Ferrari. Even if it leads to nothing (as in-race time penaltines can't be appealed) then it might help in the future and to keep those corrupt (most often than not) stewards aware of what their interference leads to. Which slowly but surely means the death of F1.

Look. Everybody was taking all the available road.

Vettel gave plenty of space to Hamilton... AE0E34C9-D74B-40DC-9568-F0B98E3A5EC0.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    Good decision by Ferrari. Even if it leads to nothing (as in-race time penaltines can't be appealed) then it might help in the future and to keep those corrupt (most often than not) stewards aware of what their interference leads to. Which slowly but surely means the death of F1.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    It is strange how lucky Hamilton is, he wins even when he does not win the race.
    I've been saying for years that Hamilton is the luckiest driver of all time. Everything goes his way and he's constantly gifted wins and even when he hits people he never comes off worst.

Today was heart breaking and both titles are now Mercedes for sure. It kills me that this idiot is going to end up with 8-10 titles because Mercedes have the FIA/Liberty backing and no one is allowed to beat them. Schumachers records are all going to be gone because ham lucked into joking Merc and with the backing of pirelli/FIA/Liberty no one can challenge them. As soon as we get close, tyres are changed rules are changed or something on our car is banned.

We are not allowed to fight fairly , Ferrari should pull out of F1

Andretti, Mansell and others baffled by Vettel's Canadian GP penalty http://flip.it/6eMqSh

Quote Originally Posted by Cevertmyhero View Post
    I've been saying for years that Hamilton is the luckiest driver of all time. Everything goes his way and he's constantly gifted wins and even when he hits people he never comes off worst.

Today was heart breaking and both titles are now Mercedes for sure. It kills me that this idiot is going to end up with 8-10 titles because Mercedes have the FIA/Liberty backing and no one is allowed to beat them. Schumachers records are all going to be gone because ham lucked into joking Merc and with the backing of pirelli/FIA/Liberty no one can challenge them. As soon as we get close, tyres are changed rules are changed or something on our car is banned.

We are not allowed to fight fairly , Ferrari should pull out of F1

Hi, I’m very disappointed at the end results, but pleased that the majority of professional commentators are backing Vettel. Does anyone have a link of the post race driver interviews? Cannot find anything!

If in race penalties cannot be reversed then why are we appealing ?
    Stewards really **** this one up. I hope somehow seb gets his win back.
    Compared to ham, for me Seb is an old time racer who hates dishing out penalties for any driver. He's been very clear about it so it's sad to see this happening to him for this type of incident. I think that's why he's even more upset.