Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223

Thread: 2019 CanadianGP: Race

Quote Originally Posted by T99 View Post
    Ferrari have officially applied for a review of the penalty.
    https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12...ian-gp-penalty
    And the usual suspects here bashed the team for no reason whatsoever, even when the team said they are going to request 'right to review' process like 10 days ago.

It was a sensible decision to withdraw the appeal because it was pretty much impossible to change the result, Vettel is never going to be given the win. By imposing 'right to review' motion, they're appealing the nature of the investigation, they way it was conducted.

Now let's see how the FIA responds.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    heads up peeps....update on the Vettel - Lewis verdict

Ferrari has confirmed they requested the right to review in regard to the Vettel penalty at Montreal.

Laurent Mekies worked for the FIA and he was the first to say that there are 'ways' to overturn the verdict.

hypothetical:

"Since we are approaching the #FrenchGP weekend, if the case gets re-opened again, I think there is the possibility that the stewards in Paul Ricard will look into the matter and not necessarily the stewards in Canada. So maybe that is what Ferrari was aiming for, new stewards ?"
    The review of the Vettel penalty has started. The 4 stewards of the Canadian GP have received the new evidences from the FIA, that Ferrari has collected. The stewards will be in a conference call to give their opinion on the new evidences
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    The review of the Vettel penalty has started. The 4 stewards of the Canadian GP have received the new evidences from the FIA, that Ferrari has collected. The stewards will be in a conference call to give their opinion on the new evidences

Has anyone got an inside knowhow? can we follow any developments online somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Riccardog View Post
    Has anyone got an inside knowhow? can we follow any developments online somewhere?
    not that I know of.

FIA and/or Ferrari will post on their websites and/or twitter pages along with journo's from various motorsport mags at the FIA office.

The only reason Vettel got a penalty was Lewis crying about it. The rat. He cries too much. Vettel never gained an advantage and even if Vettel came to his line, he was defending his position, Lewis should have been smarter and should have gone to the other side of the track, anticipating that Vettel will come on the line. Not complain, and ask the stewards to give a penalty. Just ridiculous. If he would have done it, they would have said, oh he lost control of his car, so where can he go. When Vettel did it, its he did it on purpose, its just crap. CRAP I tell you.

The words that came out of Hamilton's mouth was THATS DANGEROUS and that was enough for seb to lose the race stewards pounced.well crossing the rd Lewis can also be dangerous in every day life a very harsh derision.

Expect the unexpected from the stewards. Imagine penalty reversed at French GP and Ferrari winning in France with seb I will tell you know with the Ferrari coming to life it will finally be game on.The drivers championship will come to life mercedes will be concerned big time that ladies and gentlemen is the big Ferrari picture.

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    The only reason Vettel got a penalty was Lewis crying about it. The rat. He cries too much. Vettel never gained an advantage and even if Vettel came to his line, he was defending his position, Lewis should have been smarter and should have gone to the other side of the track, anticipating that Vettel will come on the line. Not complain, and ask the stewards to give a penalty. Just ridiculous. If he would have done it, they would have said, oh he lost control of his car, so where can he go. When Vettel did it, its he did it on purpose, its just crap. CRAP I tell you.
    Exactly!

Then after the race he says 'I didn't want to win this way' when everyone watching heard what he said on the radio.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Expect the unexpected from the stewards. Imagine penalty reversed at French GP and Ferrari winning in France with seb I will tell you know with the Ferrari coming to life it will finally be game on.The drivers championship will come to life mercedes will be concerned big time that ladies and gentlemen is the big Ferrari picture.
    I would love this, but I'm expecting the expected: No further action and Mercedes 1-2 at Paul Ricard. If you don't get your hopes up, you won't be disappointed.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I would love this, but I'm expecting the expected: No further action and Mercedes 1-2 at Paul Ricard. If you don't get your hopes up, you won't be disappointed.

^this....100% agree.........
    the good thing is Ferrari have pinpointed teh issues we have and that is we NEED more downforce....our car is too efficient, although good in straitline speed, it is NO where in corners
    so we'll see a bunch of upgrades by Ferrari coming to the next 4 races starting with a new front wing in France...so hopefully in 3-4 races will have a car taht will compete with Mrerc at all tracks....i'm NOT saying we'l win the championship this year, because thanks to Pirelli and MIA, that is pretty much sealed this year....

but if we mount some serious pressure in the second half of the season and have a good car challenging for WINS, i think we'll be in a better situation next season.....UNLESS FORMULA PIRELLI WILL TAILOR SPECIAL TIRES FOR MERC AGAIN.....lol
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    ^this....100% agree.........
    the good thing is Ferrari have pinpointed teh issues we have and that is we NEED more downforce....our car is too efficient, although good in straitline speed, it is NO where in corners
    so we'll see a bunch of upgrades by Ferrari coming to the next 4 races starting with a new front wing in France...so hopefully in 3-4 races will have a car taht will compete with Mrerc at all tracks....i'm NOT saying we'l win the championship this year, because thanks to Pirelli and MIA, that is pretty much sealed this year....

but if we mount some serious pressure in the second half of the season and have a good car challenging for WINS, i think we'll be in a better situation next season.....UNLESS FORMULA PIRELLI WILL TAILOR SPECIAL TIRES FOR MERC AGAIN.....lol
    Yeah they are getting it ready for mercs, special 18inc tyres. Thing is Ferrari's car is not yet ready to test those.
    Only mercs, Renault, McLaren I think so....

prior to the FrenchGP dated June 20th.

Ferrari's representatives requested to attend a hearing tomorrow with stweards related to Vettel's Canadá penalty.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D9fuFdGW4AAvatO.jpg

Bloody weak stewards it's simple over turn the result or do not.Oh that's right they are seeking mercedes instructions first what a pathetic bunch.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...-date/4477924/

Meeting tmr, fingersnilde crossed

Pre FrenchGP

Autobild found out that Ferrari wants to show telemetry data at tomorrow's hearing with the stewards. It shows that Vettel's initial speed during his rescue attempt in Turn 3 was 70km/h slower than normally. A number that underlines Seb's statements.

In addition: Ferrari wants to prove that Hamilton did not have to leave the track with all his four wheels, because only then Vettel would have had the case of "dangerous driving".

Mercedes already preparing themselves in case the stewards will change the penalty. They want to say that they choose a more defensive strategy after hearing about the 5s penalty...

So Sebastian got married congratulations .Now stewards give him the wedding gift he deserves and reverse that ridiculous penalty in Canada here is your chance boys to rewrite the wrong.

I find really hard to believe they will give the victory to Vettel and I won't be surprised if this mess has some effect in Vettel's mind. He is already starting the weekend with his mind in other place, not the track.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    So Sebastian got married congratulations .Now stewards give him the wedding gift he deserves and reverse that ridiculous penalty in Canada here is your chance boys to rewrite the wrong.
    Well he needed something to cheer him up, maybe this will be the start of a Seb resurgence, we can only hope that Seb and Charles will be on sparkling form for the next two weekends and give us something to justify our loyalty!

Ferrari's request for review rejected by FIA:

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/4...-embarrassing/
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post
    Ferrari's request for review rejected by FIA:

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/4...-embarrassing/
    Did anyone actually think the FIA would strip Golden-Boy Hamilton of his win? It’s all written in stone, he and Merc will break all of Ferrari and Schumacher’s records. Then and only then will any other team be allowed to win a race/championship. Pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

To add insult to injury, Hamilton escapes FP2 without a penalty. I will say it again, if you can’t see the Hamilton favouritism you are absolutely blind. Disgrace.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Did anyone actually think the FIA would strip Golden-Boy Hamilton of his win? It’s all written in stone, he and Merc will break all of Ferrari and Schumacher’s records. Then and only then will any other team be allowed to win a race/championship. Pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

To add insult to injury, Hamilton escapes FP2 without a penalty. I will say it again, if you can’t see the Hamilton favouritism you are absolutely blind. Disgrace.
    According to you, the sooner Lewis breaks all Ferrari; Schumy records; the better it will be for Ferrari and F-1 in general. So I guess we Ferrari fans should indeed wish Lewis the best. He seems to be moving along well. Seb needs to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    According to you, the sooner Lewis breaks all Ferrari; Schumy records; the better it will be for Ferrari and F-1 in general. So I guess we Ferrari fans should indeed wish Lewis the best. He seems to be moving along well. Seb needs to do the same.
    Maybe your right...the sooner we all come to terms with the bigger plan the better. The sooner he breaks the records and makes history the better. Then we can get onto racing again, maybe Williams or Mclaren will be competitive, heck maybe Stroll will get Racing Point into shape. Lol
    ~FORZA FERRARI~