Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: FLH – FormulaLewisHamilton – FMP – FormulaMercPirelli - The end of F1 as we know it

Quote Originally Posted by kshitijmalkan View Post
    I totally agree with you, sport actually, any kind of sport has lost the competitiveness and has been replaced with ambition and greed.

F1 screamed blue murder on grid girls (among other...), and right or wrong, I see this as an agenda that has absolutely NOTHING to do with F1, ESPECIALLY when this formula goes racing in countries where human rights are ignored outright...
    Politics and sport should NEVER mix.

Hamilton is rewriting the record books, and sadly that is ONLY due to the fact that mercedes colluded with the fia on the engine specs for the hybrid era and ensured their own dominance purely on the engine freeze rules.
    He may be a brilliant driver, but, I cannot see it based on these conditions... (1 single solitary race by Russell reinforces my opinion)

Russell in his Williams with Merc power has zero 000 points going into his 3rd season . Ferrari needs him in Lewis' car !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Russell in his Williams with Merc power has zero 000 points going into his 3rd season . Ferrari needs him in Lewis' car !!!
    Do you have an internal Russell radar? You only seem to show up when his name is mentioned. It’s getting old.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Do you have an internal Russell radar? You only seem to show up when his name is mentioned. It’s getting old.
    For you to ask that you must have a Brembo Radar. When I see Russell mentioned here I check it out because I need and have a good laugh during these tough times. For sure as you say; it's getting old comparing him to the top drivers with all those 3 seasons worth of zero points with his Merc powered Williams. I think about how Perez won that big time race managing to get it done with needing just one pit and coming from 18th place to get his #1 win. Finishing 9th behind Bottas is all that fans talk about. No mention at all here about Perez? O K he's not a Ferrari driver but neither is Russell. Hopefully next season Canada will be back on the F-1 calendar ! A Monaco podium coming up for Ferrari will be great! Four past races there with no luck at all with Charles at home; hopefully will end on the podium! And for me Mick getting a point or more this his first season will be super great .
    Last edited by Brembo; 19th May 2021 at 07:26.

Hamilton is at it again....

Hamilton wants FIA to end Red Bull’s ‘wiggle room’

https://www.planetf1.com/news/lewis-...l-wiggle-room/

Here's a thought, why doesn't Merc and Hamilton create their own racing series, where only Hamilton and Bottas can participate. This way no one can get in Ham's way and he's guaranteed every title for as long as he chooses to race. Seems like that's what he would like. He was "begging" for competition, yet now that he somewhat has it he wants it eliminated.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Mercedes front wing is flexing too look at Bottas at Spain.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Bet if it was our wing flapping about like a f*rt in a thunderstorm, the FIA (and the Rapper-in-Chief) would be down on us like a tonne of bricks!
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    Bet if it was our wing flapping about like a f*rt in a thunderstorm, the FIA (and the Rapper-in-Chief) would be down on us like a tonne of bricks!
    Too true, but what's new?!

I strongly believe the dry about the rear wing because their front wing bends too much.
    There is nothing new about bending wings.
    I remember races from AT LEAST 2018 where rear wings where bending. So, why now?

Easy answer

Mercedes complains another team has found a loop hole around the FIA's testing procedures and the FIA decide to enforce a change mid season. They are determined to ensure Hamilton wins his 8th.

Well at least ferrari are being honest with binotto openly admitting that ferrari are exploiting the flexi wing loopholes.I suppose mercedes are exploiting nothing they should be careful what they wish for.

No one is stopping Ferrari/Red Bull/Mclaren from protesting about the Mercedes car. if there is such device or devices present on the Mercedes car that exploits the rule, then I'm sure other teams would've protested. But F1 engineers are highly intelligent, knowledgeable and rationale groups of people. Since there is nothing to protest about the Mercedes car, they are not doing it.

Also DAS wasn't illegal, it is banned this year and that's about it. But there was no official protest last year and the reason was quite simple. If the steering which steers the car can move along X-axis, it can also move along Y-axis and nothing in the rule book prohibit that idea. Mercedes would've simply argued that DAS is part of the steering just like the suspension. And since other teams knew that it would've simply futile to protest, they didn't bother.

I commend F1 teams when they exploit the rule book and apply clever innovative solutions to give themselves advantage. I commend Ferrari for the 2019 PU, I commend Mercedes for the DAS and I commend Red Bull, Ferrari and Alfa for the bendy rear wings. This is part of the game and what makes F1 the pinnacle of motorsport. Such level of clever engineering is not present in any other sports.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    Mercedes front wing is flexing too look at Bottas at Spain.
    But is it anything new or illegal? Nothing is static in our universe. And it's natural for a object such as the front wing to flex/bend under huge aerodynamic pressure, otherwise it will shatter to pieces.

Why bother changing rules midway through the season when this is the last year for these cars anyways. If the wings pass all tests to date then they should be allowed like DAS was. Let Merc develop a bendy wing if they want and spend their cap money on mods rather than 3/4 of the field having to change their cars.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    But is it anything new or illegal? Nothing is static in our universe. And it's natural for a object such as the front wing to flex/bend under huge aerodynamic pressure, otherwise it will shatter to pieces.
    But if it's flexing more than others, then they should be scrutinized and maybe front wing flex tests should be changed. Apparently, the rear wings that are flexing aren't illegal, they passed all relevant testing in place for the last few years. I think this is something that Merc has held onto to use when the pressure is on.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    But if it's flexing more than others, then they should be scrutinized and maybe front wing flex tests should be changed. Apparently, the rear wings that are flexing aren't illegal, they passed all relevant testing in place for the last few years. I think this is something that Merc has held onto to use when the pressure is on.
    This is where I have a problem. All these flexing wings have passed the FIA's tests. Therefore they are legal. Just like any other loophole that gets exploited. If they want it closed, change the rules for next seasons. You can't change the testing procedure mid season just because Mercedes and Lewis Hamilton complains about it.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    This is where I have a problem. All these flexing wings have passed the FIA's tests. Therefore they are legal. Just like any other loophole that gets exploited. If they want it closed, change the rules for next seasons. You can't change the testing procedure mid season just because Mercedes and Lewis Hamilton complains about it.
    Couldn’t have said it better myself. The wings all have passed load tests and have been deemed legal and within the rules. Just because crybaby wants his 8th, and wants it without any competition doesn’t mean the FIA need to run and change the rules/testing procedures mid season. Like DAS, they should keep the wings for this season and ban them for next year or make more stringent tests for next season. But that wouldn’t appease the crybaby and Merc would it?

Remember when Merc lobbied for different tire pressures to suit their cars characteristics and the FIA and Pirelli ran right away to appease them? The sport’s favouritism and bias is more increasingly evident every day.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Another piece to the puzzle. Looks like Wolff helping out his buddy stroll as well.

Otmar Szafnauer -

"I think a little bit, it will come our way [low-rake] a little bit, maybe by on average a couple of tenths of a second per lap or something. But there are some tracks where you get zero benefit, and others it could be up to half a second."

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...artin/6513042/
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Another piece to the puzzle. Looks like Wolff helping out his buddy stroll as well.

Otmar Szafnauer -

"I think a little bit, it will come our way [low-rake] a little bit, maybe by on average a couple of tenths of a second per lap or something. But there are some tracks where you get zero benefit, and others it could be up to half a second."

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...artin/6513042/

Wolff owns a stake in Aston Martin so it's no surprise he's helping Stroll.
    It's not how start but how you finish.