Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2019 FrenchGP: Race

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Yup... that’s wt I see too..!! Atleast this season they need have a direction to end merc dominance next year.
    I believe in our drivers & Mattia.
    We have two strong drivers, now we need to have a strong car.
    Either of them will give Ham nightmares next season.
    Dude, I did not like Binotto at all, but now I have chanced my mind, I can see what he is doing, he did change everything in Ferrari hierarchic and it takes some time to get results, just because they have been working so long wrong.

Loved the end race flyover.

Dassault Falcon flanked by 2 Rafale's.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

DR skills are race pace, Max is robust. Ham didn’t have that strong opponent with a strong equal car.
    Else we would have seen ham mistakes or cracking under pressure
    Ham had Alonso as his team mate, someone far far stronger than Webber or Kimi or Hulkenberg etc etc, and he handled him quite well.

Dani Ric is quite good, but last year Max made him look quite ordinary. Ham is going to win his 6th title this year and will definitely beat Schumacher's record before he retires.

It's bit strange to under-rate a driver of Hamilton's caliber.

Glad that’s over. Will be nice when the season ends.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Glad that’s over. Will be nice when the season ends.
    I know what you mean, but there is a light end of the tunnel, Binotto did change everything that what you have been talking about, cultural thing.
    I am sure we will see good progress all ready in this season.

So Vettel couldn't beat Verstappen, why?.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Ham had Alonso as his team mate, someone far far stronger than Webber or Kimi or Hulkenberg etc etc, and he handled him quite well.

Dani Ric is quite good, but last year Max made him look quite ordinary. Ham is going to win his 6th title this year and will definitely beat Schumacher's record before he retires.

It's bit strange to under-rate a driver of Hamilton's caliber.
    I’m not under-rating his caliber. He’s definitely strong driver but not at the level of Schumi, senna, Mika, Alonso.
    These champions did over come their competitors with some hard racing & with strong opponent cars.

To me Ham never had that kind of competition. 2014-2019.
    Vettel the same 2010-2013, but atleast Alonso gave him hard time.
    But ham having it easy doesn’t show legendary status

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    I know what you mean, but there is a light end of the tunnel, Binotto did change everything that what you have been talking about, cultural thing.
    I hope so.... I feel that the team has been lacking in recent years when it comes to in-season development so, thinking long-term, some progress there would be fantastic. Right now, although some wins would be better, if the team can close the gap a bit before the end of the season I'll take it :)

For me, Max is the driver of the day. A car with a weak engine kept the pace of Ferrari. And Gasly did not even score points.

Quote Originally Posted by Ree View Post
    I hope so.... I feel that the team has been lacking in recent years when it comes to in-season development so, thinking long-term, some progress there would be fantastic. Right now, although some wins would be better, if the team can close the gap a bit before the end of the season I'll take it :)
    Will not happen with an Italian boss. 12 years is the proof.

Nothing to complain about today's race result.

I'm curious of Bottas had some issues towards the end, Lec could have gotten him if we had a couple more laps.
    But otherwise Merc is again in a different league.

ps: Wish we could stop with the name calling against our own drivers. Like it or not, they are driving for Ferrari and we are here to support the entire team.

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    What is life without hope?

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post

I'm curious of Bottas had some issues towards the end, Lec could have gotten him if we had a couple more laps.

ps: Wish we could stop with the name calling against our own drivers. Like it or not, they are driving for Ferrari and we are here to support the entire team.
    I think Lec could have gone faster before that as supposed on radio, he was asked if he could have gone faster, and he said yes but didn’t want to take life out of the tyres... if only started earlier

Bottas supposed had trouble get tyres back up to heat after the vsc but I’m sure he was already going slower before that?

Quote Originally Posted by Noquarter View Post
    For me, Max is the driver of the day. A car with a weak engine kept the pace of Ferrari. And Gasly did not even score points.
    His engine settings got sorted out...!! If it’s that much weak, vettel would have got him.
    I think except mercs & Ham, everyone suffered on Hard tyres getting them in working window.

I will openly admit that I haven’t been paying that much attention once the championship was over (after the 3rd race) but I don’t think I see a cultural change.

Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post

Nothing to really complain about given the starting positions, and I agree with you Hornet on the name-calling and the reason we're on this site, to support our team and drivers. But sometimes we need somewhere to let off steam when something is bugging us, and with F1 in its current state and Merc's domination, there's plenty of reason for that! Good drives from Charles and Seb today, but Merc are indeed on another planet called Formula Hamilton.

A boring race on a boring circuit and boring result.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari312T4 View Post
    A boring race on a boring circuit and boring result.
    its just F1 cars. F2 and F3 were good close races also when sportscars race there ts good racing.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

I’m not under-rating his caliber. He’s definitely strong driver but not at the level of Schumi, senna, Mika, Alonso.
    These champions did over come their competitors with some hard racing & with strong opponent cars.

To me Ham never had that kind of competition. 2014-2019.
    Vettel the same 2010-2013, but atleast Alonso gave him hard time.
    But ham having it easy doesn’t show legendary status
    Agreed 100%

now watching the race. OH WOW how terrible. Cannt see how the commentry teams and media still find it easy to get excited about this anymore.

And how they cannt see this Merc show is killing the sport, sorry show.

15 laps left just turned off watch Indy Car.

What is he changing?

I know they are trying to get new personal and strategist.
    Last edited by JPZ; 23rd June 2019 at 18:01.

Yeah looks like he is making changes so hopefully they work, I guess with the team being a bit of a shambles then it might take a few months, years for it all to come into place so we will maybe need to be patient. Todt arrived to us when we were a shambles also and it took him years to get us winning titles but there was clear progress being shown so hopefully we can see the same with Binotto.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Yeah looks like he is making changes so hopefully they work, I guess with the team being a bit of a shambles then it might take a few months, years for it all to come into place so we will maybe need to be patient. Todt arrived to us when we were a shambles also and it took him years to get us winning titles but there was clear progress being shown so hopefully we can see the same with Binotto.
    What progress are you seeing, Greig?

Finishing 19 seconds off the lead is “progress?”

long term progress maybe.....NOT overnight
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Signs of progress

Le Castellet, 23 June 2019 – Scuderia Ferrari comes away from the French Grand Prix with a third place courtesy of Charles Leclerc, the Monegasque driver finishing right behind Valtteri Bottas and a fifth place from Sebastian Vettel, who thus finished two places higher than he started, following a difficult qualifying on Saturday. The German also set the fastest race lap, which is a new lap record.

Start. When the five red lights went out, Charles went wheel to wheel with Max Verstappen, getting the better of the Dutchman before closing in on Hamilton and Bottas. Sebastian hung on to seventh place, keeping out of trouble which is often a factor in the middle of the pack.

Overtaking. In the opening laps, Leclerc managed to pull away from Verstappen, while a bit further back, Vettel thrilled the French crowd with a handful of spectacular passing moves. He stuck to the McLaren of Lando Norris, getting by on lap 5. At this point he set his sights on the other orange car, that of Carlos Sainz. The German closed up to him on lap 6 and passed him to go fifth on the following lap.

Pitstop. Both men started on the Medium tyres and Charles was the first to stop on lap 21, taking on the Hard tyres, rejoining fourth behind Vettel. The German came in a few laps later, the aim was for him to have fresher rubber at the end of the race so that he could profit from any drop off in performance from the Dutchman rival. Sebastian rejoined fifth on lap 26, just over six seconds behind Verstappen.

Tyre management. At this point, for both drivers the main task became tyre management, as there was a risk of degradation because of the high track temperature. Charles made a very good job of this so that, towards the end, he was able to close right up on Bottas, sitting on his tail for the final lap and tried to get alongside him a couple of times, although a pass was never really on the cards.

Fastest lap. Sebastian also managed his tyres well, but he couldn’t really close the gap to Verstappen. So on lap 51, the team brought him in for a set of Soft tyres and he went off in pursuit of the race fastest lap. The German took the chequered flag in fifth place having achieved that goal with a time of 1’32”740, which was also a new lap record. This was Charles’ third F1 podium following on from those in Bahrain and Canada. The World Championship resumes in only a few days with next Sunday’s Austrian GP at the Spielberg circuit.

Charles Leclerc #16
    quote “Overall, this weekend was pretty positive. I’m pleased I was able to fight for second place right at the end, even if I never had a real chance to attack Valtteri. I am satisfied because we managed to maximise the potential of the car.
    It was about time, because after a few so-so weekends, everything went smoothly right from the start of free practice and then in qualifying and the race, where our strategy was perfect both in terms of the timing of the pit stop and our tyre management in the second part of the race.
    I believe hard work always pays off and I feel we proved that this weekend. Now we go straight to Austria where I hope we can maintain this same good form.”

Sebastian Vettel #5
    “I had a pretty lonely race, apart from a bit of confusion at the start, given that the timing of the lights going out caught us a bit by surprise. It was fun fighting with the McLarens, first Norris then Carlos. The first stint went pretty well and that meant I could close the gap to Charles and Max. Then in the second one, I had a few more balance problems and I didn’t feel totally comfortable with the car.
    I think today’s fifth place was the most we could have done, given that Charles, Max and me were all running at pretty much the same pace. At least getting the fastest race lap means I get an extra point.
    We still need to understand why Friday was so complicated with some of the parts we brought here not working as we had hoped. Our car is not yet strong enough and it’s down to us to improve. We still don’t have the pace to beat Mercedes, but I know that everyone at Maranello is working with so much positive pressure – and passion.”

Mattia Binotto Team Principal
    “It was rather a straightforward race, the end result being that Charles maintained his start position all the way to the end. Sebastian managed to shake off the McLarens as we had hoped and then ran a strong race, keeping a consistent pace, on a par with those ahead of him. When Verstappen pitted, we kept Seb out for a few more laps, given that the tyres were difficult to manage and were likely to suffer with significant degradation in the closing stages, as we saw on the Mercedes. Therefore every extra lap we stayed out would mean having fresher tyres towards the end and that could have been important in terms of giving us a chance to beat Max.
    In terms of performance, we are not yet where we want to be. We knew this circuit would be tough for us and to finish with Charles right behind Bottas is encouraging.
    The developments we have introduced since the Spanish GP have allowed us to close the gap and we have shown that we are on the right path. Some of these updates have proved to be very useful, others unfortunately less so, but we know that we have potential to improve significantly. At this point, we are confident, aware that there is still a lot to do, but that we have the ability to develop the car and to be competitive on all tracks.”

Le Castellet, 23 June 2019 – Scuderia Ferrari comes away from the French Grand Prix with a third place courtesy of Charles Leclerc, the Monegasque driver finishing right behind Valtteri Bottas and a fifth place from Sebastian Vettel, who thus finished two places higher than he started, following a difficult qualifying on Saturday. The German also set the fastest race lap, which is a new lap record.

Start. When the five red lights went out, Charles went wheel to wheel with Max Verstappen, getting the better of the Dutchman before closing in on Hamilton and Bottas. Sebastian hung on to seventh place, keeping out of trouble which is often a factor in the middle of the pack.

Overtaking. In the opening laps, Leclerc managed to pull away from Verstappen, while a bit further back, Vettel thrilled the French crowd with a handful of spectacular passing moves. He stuck to the McLaren of Lando Norris, getting by on lap 5. At this point he set his sights on the other orange car, that of Carlos Sainz. The German closed up to him on lap 6 and passed him to go fifth on the following lap.

Pitstop. Both men started on the Medium tyres and Charles was the first to stop on lap 21, taking on the Hard tyres, rejoining fourth behind Vettel. The German came in a few laps later, the aim was for him to have fresher rubber at the end of the race so that he could profit from any drop off in performance from the Dutchman rival. Sebastian rejoined fifth on lap 26, just over six seconds behind Verstappen.

Tyre management. At this point, for both drivers the main task became tyre management, as there was a risk of degradation because of the high track temperature. Charles made a very good job of this so that, towards the end, he was able to close right up on Bottas, sitting on his tail for the final lap and tried to get alongside him a couple of times, although a pass was never really on the cards.

Fastest lap. Sebastian also managed his tyres well, but he couldn’t really close the gap to Verstappen. So on lap 51, the team brought him in for a set of Soft tyres and he went off in pursuit of the race fastest lap. The German took the chequered flag in fifth place having achieved that goal with a time of 1’32”740, which was also a new lap record. This was Charles’ third F1 podium following on from those in Bahrain and Canada. The World Championship resumes in only a few days with next Sunday’s Austrian GP at the Spielberg circuit.

Charles Leclerc #16
    quote “Overall, this weekend was pretty positive. I’m pleased I was able to fight for second place right at the end, even if I never had a real chance to attack Valtteri. I am satisfied because we managed to maximise the potential of the car.
    It was about time, because after a few so-so weekends, everything went smoothly right from the start of free practice and then in qualifying and the race, where our strategy was perfect both in terms of the timing of the pit stop and our tyre management in the second part of the race.
    I believe hard work always pays off and I feel we proved that this weekend. Now we go straight to Austria where I hope we can maintain this same good form.” quote

Sebastian Vettel #5
    quote “I had a pretty lonely race, apart from a bit of confusion at the start, given that the timing of the lights going out caught us a bit by surprise. It was fun fighting with the McLarens, first Norris then Carlos. The first stint went pretty well and that meant I could close the gap to Charles and Max. Then in the second one, I had a few more balance problems and I didn’t feel totally comfortable with the car.
    I think today’s fifth place was the most we could have done, given that Charles, Max and me were all running at pretty much the same pace. At least getting the fastest race lap means I get an extra point.
    We still need to understand why Friday was so complicated with some of the parts we brought here not working as we had hoped. Our car is not yet strong enough and it’s down to us to improve. We still don’t have the pace to beat Mercedes, but I know that everyone at Maranello is working with so much positive pressure – and passion.” quote

Mattia Binotto Team Principal
    quote It was rather a straightforward race, the end result being that Charles maintained his start position all the way to the end. Sebastian managed to shake off the McLarens as we had hoped and then ran a strong race, keeping a consistent pace, on a par with those ahead of him. When Verstappen pitted, we kept Seb out for a few more laps, given that the tyres were difficult to manage and were likely to suffer with significant degradation in the closing stages, as we saw on the Mercedes. Therefore every extra lap we stayed out would mean having fresher tyres towards the end and that could have been important in terms of giving us a chance to beat Max.
    In terms of performance, we are not yet where we want to be. We knew this circuit would be tough for us and to finish with Charles right behind Bottas is encouraging.
    The developments we have introduced since the Spanish GP have allowed us to close the gap and we have shown that we are on the right path. Some of these updates have proved to be very useful, others unfortunately less so, but we know that we have potential to improve significantly. At this point, we are confident, aware that there is still a lot to do, but that we have the ability to develop the car and to be competitive on all tracks.

Ι really really try to find something positive for the future, BUT right now its quite difficult!!!!

�� | Sebastian Vettel Post Race: The bigger objective was to come here and close the gap but we had to learn that our parts weren't working the way we expected them to.

#FrenchGP ���� #Seb5 #F1 https://t.co/lDuXQEsaoC

We look like we cant find the right path to cure our problems,and to this the time window is getting smaller and smaller for next years car also.!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

better than a Bulgarian boss

F1 in General is not in a healthy state it's a non event big time even mercedes are getting frustrated with no one to challenge them .

Bottas constantly challenging Lewis quali. & race is great for fans, Max challenging every other driver in a R Bull is also great to watch. Meanwhile Charles to the podium !!!!!

Read my post again.....
    Forza Ferrari