Page 1 of 13 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Austrian GP Practice and Qualifying

2019 Austrian GP Practice and Qualifying

How do we think we will do this weekend? Hopefully not as dull as the French GP anyway.....which would be nearly impossible. Love this track though as it does tend to have some good action.
    Forza Ferrari

Spielberg – Just four days on from the French Grand Prix, the Scuderia Ferrari drivers are back on track, this time in Spielberg for the ninth round of the season. In the Styrian hills, the weather is incredibly hot, something which Sebastian Vettel and Charles Leclerc will have to contend with on track tomorrow, in the first two free practice sessions. The German and Monegasque drivers tackled the usual Thursday tasks at a Grand Prix, taking in a track walk, the first meetings with the engineers and plenty of media work.

In the press conference. Charles was one of the drivers called to the official FIA conference this afternoon, where he discussed his hopes for the coming weekend and other topics. “I really like short tracks like this and here the lap takes just under a minute. In some ways it reminds of the times I used to enjoy in karting. As everyone knows, I prefer street circuits, but of the permanent ones, this is one of the ones I like the most,” said Charles. He then spoke at length about his approach to improving his qualifying performance. “It’s happened to me on more than one occasion to be perfect in Q1, but less so in Q2 and not really competitive in Q3. Along with the engineers, we have worked on taking into account all the variables which change from one part of the session to another and I think that in France, we managed to get the most out of what we had.”

Rules. All the panel were asked for their views on the rules and how they are currently applied in Formula 1. “I think that us drivers can contribute to this discussion. Through the GPDA we have ideas that we hope to bring forward. I believe that input from the drivers is important, because in the end, we are the ones doing the driving,” said Charles. “As for the stewards, I think it would be a good thing to have continuity, possibly keeping the same people for several races.”

Sebastian. In the afternoon, Vettel also met the press in the team’s media motorhome. The German tackled various topics, including the performance level of the SF90. “I think that, in the team, we have the ability, the talent and the ideas to react to the current situation which means we are chasing the others”, said Sebastian. “Clearly, with every race that passes without us managing to get our wheels ahead of the others is not good for us, but I am sure we can recover. We hope it can happen as soon as possible, for ourselves of course, but also for the good of the show. Every Sunday we are giving it our all, trying to develop our car as quickly as possible and to be able to make the most of all the components we have, including the tyres, which this year have rather different characteristics to those from last season.” Sebastian also gave his views on the sport’s rules. “We drivers are also involved in the discussion and that’s a good thing. I think that, in the end, we are very similar to the fans, because we are only interested in racing and having fun, without politics and without any other interests coming into play. Therefore our opinion can be worthwhile.”
    Forza Ferrari

I think ferrari will & should do well. Not many slow corners .
    Last year Ham was crying. Hope it’s repeat of Last year 1st Non-Mercs team win. Without penalties

Hamilton will be whingeing and moaning to his engineer that the car is undrivable and he needs something better than this piece of ###### **** to win and that those Ferraris are super fast bla bla and then pole and victory again.I pray that Ferrari really turn up the heat on mercedes or red bull this mercedes dominance must be stopped for the sake of f1 .Ferrari should have 2 race wins under there belt but for reasons beyond there control we were the bride's maids again.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    How do we think we will do this weekend? Hopefully not as dull as the French GP anyway.....which would be nearly impossible. Love this track though as it does tend to have some good action.
    Good chance at very positive results, IMO. Power track. Slow section covering 5 & 6 not really slow so I am hopeful any DF disadvantage will be negated. Up to us not to screw the pooch, really.

AMuS

F1 will not return to 2018 tyres. In the vote to return tyres with thicker tread five teams for and five against. For a change at least seven teams would have had to vote for it. So the tyres stay as they are. Nothing changes.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    Good chance at very positive results, IMO. Power track. Slow section covering 5 & 6 not really slow so I am hopeful any DF disadvantage will be negated. Up to us not to screw the pooch, really.

Good start for weekend, Mercs PU issues. And nice weather.

FP1 2018

Hamilton 1:04.839

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    AMuS

F1 will not return to 2018 tyres. In the vote to return tyres with thicker tread five teams for and five against. For a change at least seven teams would have had to vote for it. So the tyres stay as they are. Nothing changes.
    In favor of current tyres - Mercedes, Williams, Racing Point, McLaren, Renault.
    Against current tyres - Ferrari, Haas, Alfa Romeo, Red Bull, Toro Rosso.

Oh well maybe we should just work hard to make the tyres work, sadly that is just 1 of the many problems we seem to have.
    Forza Ferrari

Vettel is so long in pit problems ???

Quote Originally Posted by alfaromeo View Post
    Vettel is so long in pit problems ???
    Changing his floor, comparing parts.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Ok

We look ok.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    In favor of current tyres - Mercedes, Williams, Racing Point, McLaren, Renault.
    Against current tyres - Ferrari, Haas, Alfa Romeo, Red Bull, Toro Rosso.
    Damn this McLaren they never tend to agree with us anytime. They just hate ferrari.
    Even if they feel their team is going down, still will not support ferrari.

Don’t know what happened to Renault?? Earlier they were moaning about tyre tyres etc. now voted against it. Huhhhh

McLaren and Renault fear Haas would overtake them on the thicker tyres, so no surprise with their stance on the matter

Quote Originally Posted by From Treviso View Post
    McLaren and Renault fear Haas would overtake them on the thicker tyres, so no surprise with their stance on the matter
    Oh yeah ...!! I got your point.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Damn this McLaren they never tend to agree with us anytime. They just hate ferrari.

Don’t know what happened to Renault?? Earlier they were moaning about tyre tyres etc. now voted against it. Huhhhh
    Why would they agree to the tyre changes if they are doing okay on the tyres.

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    Why would they agree to the tyre changes if they are doing okay on the tyres.
    Renault were moaning a lot in the earlier races. From McLaren point of view I can understand, they never gonna agree with ferrari

McLaren hate us because they are British. They didn't like the years where Italian engineering and Germany efficiency dominated them.

Renault were moaning a lot in the earlier races. From McLaren point of view I can understand, they never gonna agree with ferrari
    McLaren is going very well with the current setup. They are the best of the rest, so I don't think they have issues with the tires. Why should they want to change?
    I don't think "hate" is a part of the Formula1 decisions. When a team have hundreds of millions of budget the decisions are made based of their own interest.

Maybe Ferrari can copy some of the more successful teams technical issues, as always have been done by other teams.

Our car looks solid, hopefully a good result coming our way :)

I was thinking the same about Renault, they were complaining that tyres were their 'biggest problem'....

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Fortuna View Post
    Our car looks solid, hopefully a good result coming our way :)
    Nope. Merc win 99.99% sure.

FP2 2018

Hamilton 1:04.579

Both Ferrari's were out on softs before the red flag, Vettel was fastest in Sector 1: 16.410

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    FP2 2018

Hamilton 1:04.579
    Vettel was fastest in S1

Almost almost .......

Sector watch (before Vettel's spin)

Sector 1: Leclerc 16.276, Vettel 16.253

Sector 2: Leclerc 28.710, Vettel 28.788