Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Austrian GP Practice and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    fastest car and softs, should be easy, if car is all right

Softs degrades much faster... so by the time he catches front grid. Those will be gone & softs pace will be much better.
    Only SC could save vettel, as every race is 1stop race.

I think ferrari feel they don’t have pace on Hard tyres & getting them upto working range.
    Last race vettel couldn’t catch Max on those tyres. Instead gap was increased.

So it was obvious move.

Sure the tyre degradation is not too high here
    Forza Ferrari

Seb has a really good chance to get P3-P2, first Gasly, Gio and Kimi that should go fast like 2-3 laps, next Ham and Norris same here 2-3 laps, then Bot and Max and all the time in the world, looks good
    I don't see how he could get P2 honestly. If he's damn fast he might finish P4, after Leclerc, Max and Lewis. That's it, if Bottas has a mediocre race day, otherwise P5 for him. I was hopeful of a 1-2 Ferrari just before Q3, now I really wish/dream that somehow Seb manages to finish in front of Lewis and Leclerc keeps his P1 until that flag waives.

If we're extremely lucky(i.e. Lewis has some sort of real car issues) we might finish 1-3 with Max in between, otherwise a somehow predictable outcome, 1st and 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Why P4 now?
    It’s all depends what system they use. The system that’s being in use recently is apply all penalties and then close grid up.

So Mags moves from 5 to 10
    Lewis fits into the now empty spot
    Then they close grid up.

So even when he gets 3 places they work it so its only 2 LOL
    Forza Ferrari

Well it’s still undecided. They don’t fully have to announce until a hour before the race

What an F1... right ?

It’s nothing new. From autosport forum

In 2016 Rosberg on this track had a 5 places grid penalty. Qualified on 2nd, started 6th because Vettel in 5th got a 5 places grid penalty too, which dropped him to P9 because Massa on P10 had to start from the pitlane

[video]https://www.facebook.com/Formula1/videos/austria-2018-vettel-passes-title-rival-hamilton/1080098978813750/[/url]
    Repeat of it tomorrow....

Charles Leclerc #16
    “I am happy with qualifying today. It is satisfying to see that the work we did in preparation, especially in terms of the way we set up the car for Q3, has paid off so quickly. A great result for me, unfortunately not for the whole team with Seb having a problem in Q3.
    Hopefully, we will have a good race tomorrow. I am happy about our tyre choice with the soft compound. It will be the key to have a good start and keep competitors behind, especially at the beginning of the lap. Our race pace was quite strong this weekend so I am confident that we can do a good job.”

Sebastian Vettel #5
    “It’s obviously bitterly disappointing on a day like this, when you have the car to fight for pole and you are not even taking part. There was a problem with the car so we lost a part of Q2 and all of Q3. We fairly quickly made a decision but we had to take the bodywork off and it was not easy to get to the faulty bit. The guys did everything they could but we could not fix it in time.
    I knew that if we’d fixed it, most likely I would have had only one run, so I was trying to focus only on that but it didn’t happen. As much as this is a pain, it’s good to see that Charles came through and got pole. I am happy for the team, obviously nor happy for my side.
    I think our car is quick this weekend, quicker than the people in front of us so I am looking forward to a good day and a good race tomorrow.”

Mattia Binotto Team Principal
    “We are very pleased with Charles’ performance, which continues to get better all the time. All in all, a Ferrari has been on pole twice in the last three races and this is a glass half full scenario which I’m pleased to see. Today’s result is down to the way Charles has evolved and to the work of everyone in the team.
    Of course, we are disappointed for Sebastian who could have had a great qualifying, but because of a trivial mechanical problem he could not leave the garage. Probably, because of riding over a kerb, a mechanical connection came apart resulting in a loss of pneumatic pressure to the engine. The mechanics tried their best to fix the problem but unfortunately, the connector is very inaccessible. However, we have no concerns about this for the race.
    When Seb realised his session was over, he thanked his crew and spoke a few words of encouragement to Charles, who in turn, after taking pole had a few words of consolation for his team-mate. As for the decision to start the race on Soft tyres, we believe it’s the right one. Yesterday, we found they were very consistent and we are convinced that will also be the case tomorrow and could give us a performance advantage.”
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Well that ruins a lot of paranoid people on here lol
    Was that directed at me, because I feel attacked lol

Welcome to the dark side, it gets easier once you come to terms with the Hamilton bias ahahah

All joking aside, stellar lap from Leclerc! Very happy to be on pole, a shame for seb but hopefully he can gain on the pack quickly. Let’s hope we can turn this into a win and start reshaping the season! Forza Ferrari!!
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

I've just read that LH got penalty!?!?! I am shocked!!! Is it for real!?

A 2 place penalty for the chosen one. He will still win tomorrow. His car is a rocketship.

Our boys will race their hearts out. Here is hoping for a double podium and a classic fightback by Seb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Eyes View Post
    A 2 place penalty for the chosen one. He will still win tomorrow. His car is a rocketship.

Our boys will race their hearts out. Here is hoping for a double podium and a classic fightback by Seb.
    Give it up....
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Let's hope fuel consumption does not become a factor in the last quarter of the race - so best of luck to Charles and Seb and also to Alfa and Haas!

Let's also hope...dehydration, helmet itch, doesn't become a factor along with the 100 + normally mentioned factors here as to what's not going good for our drivers. Charles on pole!!!!! He; we need the win !! Gio starting 7th!!!
    Last edited by Brembo; 30th June 2019 at 01:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Eyes View Post

yeah, give it up already you fool....go back to bed OR under your rock you came out of.....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Charles Leclerc #16
    “I am happy with qualifying today. It is satisfying to see that the work we did in preparation, especially in terms of the way we set up the car for Q3, has paid off so quickly. A great result for me, unfortunately not for the whole team with Seb having a problem in Q3.
    Hopefully, we will have a good race tomorrow. I am happy about our tyre choice with the soft compound. It will be the key to have a good start and keep competitors behind, especially at the beginning of the lap. Our race pace was quite strong this weekend so I am confident that we can do a good job.”

Sebastian Vettel #5
    “It’s obviously bitterly disappointing on a day like this, when you have the car to fight for pole and you are not even taking part. There was a problem with the car so we lost a part of Q2 and all of Q3. We fairly quickly made a decision but we had to take the bodywork off and it was not easy to get to the faulty bit. The guys did everything they could but we could not fix it in time.
    I knew that if we’d fixed it, most likely I would have had only one run, so I was trying to focus only on that but it didn’t happen. As much as this is a pain, it’s good to see that Charles came through and got pole. I am happy for the team, obviously nor happy for my side.
    I think our car is quick this weekend, quicker than the people in front of us so I am looking forward to a good day and a good race tomorrow.”

Mattia Binotto Team Principal
    “We are very pleased with Charles’ performance, which continues to get better all the time. All in all, a Ferrari has been on pole twice in the last three races and this is a glass half full scenario which I’m pleased to see. Today’s result is down to the way Charles has evolved and to the work of everyone in the team.
    Of course, we are disappointed for Sebastian who could have had a great qualifying, but because of a trivial mechanical problem he could not leave the garage. Probably, because of riding over a kerb, a mechanical connection came apart resulting in a loss of pneumatic pressure to the engine. The mechanics tried their best to fix the problem but unfortunately, the connector is very inaccessible. However, we have no concerns about this for the race.
    When Seb realised his session was over, he thanked his crew and spoke a few words of encouragement to Charles, who in turn, after taking pole had a few words of consolation for his team-mate. As for the decision to start the race on Soft tyres, we believe it’s the right one. Yesterday, we found they were very consistent and we are convinced that will also be the case tomorrow and could give us a performance advantage.
    I pray our decision to start on softs is the right one. For once, we need everything going right today.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Let's also hope...dehydration, helmet itch, doesn't become a factor along with the 100 + normally mentioned factors here as to what's not going good for our drivers. Charles on pole!!!!! He; we need the win !! Gio starting 7th!!!
    Let's hope pitwall gurus act sensibly this race.

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post
    I pray our decision to start on softs is the right one. For once, we need everything going right today.
    Even pitwall decisions!

Vettel: At the end I said let's make sure he (@Charles_Leclerc ) gets the pole and wipes the Mercedes away.

This is vettel.... not like Ham.

. @Charles_Leclerc : Come on baby, YES! Feels good. On the other hand, very sorry for the team and for Seb

This is Charles....!! We have a great team & strong drivers.

Either of them would give WDC to ferrari given a strong consistent car.

Ham starts p4 : AMus

#AMuS GPS data reveals that Lewis lost to Charles 0.3s (Lewis had a tow from Norris) on the straights, Bottas lost 0.6s (no tow) on the straights.
    Mercedes wins against Ferrari in slow corners. In the highspeed corners, Ferrari is on par with Mercedes.

Mario Isola: "Our simulations tell us that Ferrari's (soft-hard) and Mercedes' (medium-hard) strategies are almost equivalent (~1 second). The soft tire could become race tire even if the teams gathered less data in FP2 (for the Red Flags)

Binotto about the failure on Vettel's car: We had a bad connection on the supply line to the pneumatic system of the engine. It's really something weird and stupid.

Is it a new problem?

Binotto: Yeah very first time.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    #AMuS GPS data reveals that Lewis lost to Charles 0.3s (Lewis had a tow from Norris) on the straights, Bottas lost 0.6s (no tow) on the straights.
    Mercedes wins against Ferrari in slow corners. In the highspeed corners, Ferrari is on par with Mercedes.
    If true then it sucks. Another race with slow corners(Hungary, Singapore) and we will get trashed my Mercs like in France.

In MotoGP, they say that here the bikes are on full throttle the most part of the lap. Ducati are always favourites in Austria.

Ferrari is now the Ducati of F1, so I hope Leclerc will take home our second (!) win of the season.
    But of course I'm super anxious about the start, Charles is starting pretty slow usually and he has to have maximum care with the one besides him.

Forza!