Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Austrian GP Practice and Qualifying

GIO has had a miserable season with some rubbish strategies, and despite being overshadowed by Kimi points-wise, he doesn't give up places easily and is a good racer in the bottom half of the grid. The Alfa is not showing the promise given in pre-season testing, a bit like ourselves.

Does anyone have the race pace??
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Does anyone have the race pace??
    Doesn't really matter, till the time Ferrari bring revolutionary updates to fix issues, Mercedes should easily be at least half a second ahead per lap on race pace like they have been in almost all of the races till now.

I think this track will suit us, because it has flowing corners, and no chicanes. They cannot use rear steer in faster corners, so we are good. I hope at least this will open Ferraris eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    I think this track will suit us, because it has flowing corners, and no chicanes. They cannot use rear steer in faster corners, so we are good. I hope at least this will open Ferraris eyes.
    open ferrari's eyes for what?? 4ws??? you guys keep mentioning ths 4WS (or anything that implicates that) that mercedes has; how do you know for sure that's what it is?? please enlighten me....do you know someone within Merc camp that has told you so??? i thinks it's a bunch or .....they jsut have MORE downforce on the car, hence making the tires work better......that is the ONLY thing ferrari is missing, DOWNFORCE.....once htey figure that out they'll be on par with merc or maybe even better......
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

With soft tires Leclerc and Hamilton were equivalent: in a ten-lap long run the Ferrari driver averaged 1'09 "326, against Lewis' 1'09" 361.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    open ferrari's eyes for what?? 4ws??? you guys keep mentioning ths 4WS (or anything that implicates that) that mercedes has; how do you know for sure that's what it is?? please enlighten me....do you know someone within Merc camp that has told you so??? i thinks it's a bunch or .....they jsut have MORE downforce on the car, hence making the tires work better......that is the ONLY thing ferrari is missing, DOWNFORCE.....once htey figure that out they'll be on par with merc or maybe even better......
    was told about a year or so a go. By a well known F1 technical analyst about Merc trying to replicate 4 wheel steer.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

A busy Friday

Spielberg, 28 June 2019 – Plenty of work for Scuderia Ferrari during the three hours of free practice for the Austrian Grand Prix, with the team preparing for qualifying and the race, as well as carrying out a lot of data acquisition work aimed at establishing the direction for ongoing development of the SF90.

First session. In the morning, Charles Leclerc and Sebastian Vettel only used the Medium Pirelli tyres, working on a programme that involved fine tuning the cars for qualifying and the race, as well as evaluating some components aimed at gathering data. Sebastian did 23 laps, the best in 1’04”982, which put him second on the time sheet. Charles did 26 laps on his way to fourth place with a 1’05”141.

Second session. In the second 90 minute session, Leclerc and Vettel started by evaluating the Medium and Hard tyres respectively. The session was red flagged a couple of times because of accidents and so, when it came to simulating qualifying, there was only time for one short run. Sebastian and Charles both fitted the Softs for this, but the German made a mistake at the final corner, locking up and having to abort his run. Charles meanwhile posted a time of 1’05”086, which turned out to be the fastest time overall of the session. Sebastian’s best lap was a 1’05”871, good enough for eighth.

Programme. The final hour of free practice starts at noon, prior to qualifying at 3pm. The Austrian Grand Prix gets underway at 15.10 on Sunday.

Charles Leclerc #16
    “Overall, we had quite a productive day and completed a lot of tests around the set-up. The feeling in the car was good. It was a bit tricky with the wind changing direction, especially in FP2, which made it more challenging to predict what would happen in the corners. Although we have been fast today, we will work hard to take another step forward. On my side, as I did in France, I also have to focus on setting up the car in the best way to follow the track evolution in qualifying. I think we made the best out of it and I look forward to seeing where we stand tomorrow.”

Sebastian Vettel #5
    “My off-track excursion didn’t have a big effect on our programme, other than that we couldn’t do the long run on the softs. I was able to stop in time and did not damage the car. We are still trying a lot of things and getting closer. Hopefully tomorrow we can do better than today. It was a bit tricky in the afternoon with the windy conditions. We didn’t actually try new updates, we ran the same parts as last weekend to be able to learn more about them and I think it was successful. Now we need time to understand what to address next. Our balance in the corners is not bad, we can still improve the car and we tried a few things in the afternoon. Maybe the track layout helps us a bit, but this remains a tricky track where it is crucial to have a good feeling in the car and that’s what we have to work on now.”

Thank You !! The car looks like a winner !

Quote Originally Posted by Noquarter View Post
    Giovinazzi worst driver on 2019 grid
    That gong would have to go to 'the Claw' Kubica. I think GIO could (I hope) lift his game later this year to match his recently good qualy times.

Quote Originally Posted by Noquarter View Post
    Giovinazzi worst driver on 2019 grid
    That worst driver on the 2019 grid so far belongs to a 4xWDC champion who has zero wins for Ferrari. You are complimenting Gio by comparing him to Seb so far this season. He's a rookie, getting in the top 10 is equal to Seb getting a pole. Comparing Seb to Charles another rookie so far results wise don't look to cool either. There's still time. Oh yeah, and Lewis is the worst yet this year, it's the car !!!

I hope Charles can put it together today.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    That worst driver on the 2019 grid so far belongs to a 4xWDC champion who has zero wins for Ferrari.
    They have a flag up for him in Maranello, which is good enough for me.

Disappointed Since 2010

Winless Mad max .....last year it’s engine... this year it’s engine ...Wts next year .
    Atleast he’s not a rookie anymore. Oh it’s the engine right

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Thank You !! The car looks like a winner !
    Back to reality. It is not a winner, and looks doesn not count! This is not beauty contest!
    Last edited by stefa; 29th June 2019 at 07:03.

Stewards are already busy preparing imaginary penalties just in case a red car is leading the race tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    They have a flag up for him in Maranello, which is good enough for me.
    The flag sounds good,I hope it's not meant to be ' In memory of !" But a win would do him better even in Maranello. Alfa has the best looking car but Rob's pictures look terrific, to bad looks aren't enough to win , Ferrari needs a winning driver. So far not looking to good in the drivers seat. But , "Where there's Charles there's hope !" Max may well be a rookie age wise esp. compared to Seb, but driving wise, he's not a rookie anymore. Oh but he's got a "Rookie engine!" to work with and is still the main threat up front. Good luck to Ferrari next race. Max..imum effort on our drivers part can show maybe a podium!

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Winless Mad max .....last year it’s engine... this year it’s engine ...Wts next year .
    The engine is down on power compared to merc and ferrari. And the merc is dominant. Nothing more he can do
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Back to reality. It is not a winner, and looks doesn not count! This is not beauty contest!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyRizza View Post
    The engine is down on power compared to merc and ferrari. And the merc is dominant. Nothing more he can do
    Then compared to Mercs, ferrari are down in all depts (strategy, tyre window, DF etc). Except Engine.
    Nothing more our drivers can do .... rating our driver as worst a winless in 2019 with this car doesn’t suit well.
    Even if we quali ahead of merc, keeping that mercs car behind is tall ask.

Then compared to Mercs, ferrari are down in all depts (strategy, tyre window, DF etc). Except Engine.
    Nothing more our drivers can do .... rating our driver as worst a winless in 2019 with this car doesn’t suit well.
    Even if we quali ahead of merc, keeping that mercs car behind is tall ask.
    Of course! Because the tool and back up Ferrari drives have is ZERO!!!

https://strims.gg/ Solid stream guys

FP3 2018

Sebastian Vettel Ferrari 1:04.070

Leclerc looking pretty handy around here, right now he's fastest in all three sectors.

Quote Originally Posted by Lec16 View Post
    I hope Charles can put it together today.
    So far so good

Winless Legend Seb..... exact same it's the engine... and he has trouble keeping up with rookie Charles !

As expected, easy pole for Mercedes.

Leclerc flying in sector 2, 28.272.

Vettel 28.445, Bot 28.500, Ham 552