Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223

Thread: 2019 Austrian GP Race

Quote Originally Posted by Noquarter View Post
    Max has much more experience in F1. It's already its 5th season even though it is not even 22 years old. Ferrari has to do everything to prevent Verstappen from going to Mercedes.
    And yet, Leclerc is doing just fine while racing for Ferrari in his second season. He should have had two wins at this point. The team desperately needs to fix the car.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    I think LEC was pitted too early. He still had pace but ended up with tyres 10 laps older than those on Max's wagon.

He is as good, if not better, than Mad Max and the Ferrari is as good as the RB - if not better..

Another pit wall call that may have cost us a win.
    +1

If Leclerc started on mediums, he would've easily won. I still don't understand Ferrari's decision tbh, they brought 5 sets of medium tyres for Charles and 4 sets for Vettel. I mean why bring these many medium tyres if you don't want to use them anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    And yet, Leclerc is doing just fine while racing for Ferrari in his second season. He should have had two wins at this point. The team desperately needs to fix the car.
    Yes, really happy we have Leclerc in the Team, his driving and defence against Verstappen were exceptional.

I jumped from my chair when Charles recaptured the lead on the next straight. He left the inside open just to carry more speed by going wider I believe and passed Verstappen, who had DRS!

Great move, rock solid, clean.

Then the little Verstappen realised that he cannot pass without pushing Charles out of the corner. He did exactly this next lap.

But what was a bit fishy in my opinion was the absence of the Mercedes cars and their lacklustre performance. It felt really strange, the nose replacement for Hamilton, how Bottas was passed by Verstappen - ridiculous, he came from the moon and passed by like Bottas was lapped. It felt strange, at least for me.

Then it's the performance of Verstappen. It was unreal, he got the FL on older hards compared to the softs on Seb's car. How is that possible?
    Lapped his teammate on a dry race. Did this happen in the past 15 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    I think LEC was pitted too early. He still had pace but ended up with tyres 10 laps older than those on Max's wagon.

He is as good, if not better, than Mad Max and the Ferrari is as good as the RB - if not better..

Another pit wall call that may have cost us a win.
    + 1

Forza Jules

Mediums might have lasted a bit longer but then we might not have had a good start and lost position anyway, too easy to say mediums would mean we win. We did however just react to Mercedes and seemed to think Max was no threat to us after his start, and tbf most of us on here did not think Max was much of a threat until he started gaining.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by arno View Post
    I jumped from my chair when Charles recaptured the lead on the next straight. He left the inside open just to carry more speed by going wider I believe and passed Verstappen, who had DRS!

Great move, rock solid, clean.

Then the little Verstappen realised that he cannot pass without pushing Charles out of the corner. He did exactly this next lap.

But what was a bit fishy in my opinion was the absence of the Mercedes cars and their lacklustre performance. It felt really strange, the nose replacement for Hamilton, how Bottas was passed by Verstappen - ridiculous, he came from the moon and passed by like Bottas was lapped. It felt strange, at least for me.

Then it's the performance of Verstappen. It was unreal, he got the FL on older hards compared to the softs on Seb's car. How is that possible?
    Lapped his teammate on a dry race. Did this happen in the past 15 years?
    Max is rude, arrogant, selfish but he is the fastest driver in F1 at the moment.

Italian press fuming more or less saying Ferrari can not win off the track Canada now Austria and then the tyres. Shot down 3 times in less than 2 weeks conspirancy theory at play against Ferrari.? I would bet if Sergio was alive all would have went Ferraris way we lost a real lion he was the king of the automakers world and the fia feared him.I believe with Sergio passing a lot of influence went with this highly respected person.All we have now is karma and that will now be our rock as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Mediums might have lasted a bit longer but then we might not have had a good start and lost position anyway, too easy to say mediums would mean we win. We did however just react to Mercedes and seemed to think Max was no threat to us after his start, and tbf most of us on here did not think Max was much of a threat until he started gaining.
    Perfectly said. Ferrari tried to cover mercs, they never treated max as a threat

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Yeah well I stated before the race that Max might be a real danger for us and I was so relieved after his poor start. And then bang after his pit stop he carried so much speed and it was incredible that his tires held so good until the end... Also Max is no stranger when it comes to such performances... he almost won the US GP last year starting from 15th(no safety car) and his driving in the wet in Brazil 2016 was quite impressive. If he keeps driving like that and gets similar results like he got in the second part of 2018 he might even have a slight chance at WDC this year.

With hindsight, bringing Leclerc in the lap after Vettel for the softs probably would've been the right call. Verstappen would've stood zero chance holding him off. That being said, reaction and math in terms of average time dropped per lap seems to be really illogical for all the teams, but especially Ferrari's strategy department. Had Leclerc come in right there, he'd have 15 laps fresher softs versus old hards for 20 laps to take 11-12 seconds on Verstappen, doing 1.5 seconds/lap faster times with ease for ten laps. Well, well...

As for what the FIA did after the race though, that was dreadful. Complete and utter anti-Ferrari bias as usual. Does anyone even believe for a millisecond Hamilton wouldn't have been awarded the win had Verstappen pushed him off like that? Like really?

Actually both ferrari could have done longer stint on Soft tyres.
    For Lec, team thought Bottas is a threat. For Vettel they want to leapfrog Ham I think so. On the same line, they haven’t thought of Mad max.

If vettel pit stop could have been quick, then vettel would be ahead of bottas.

Ham front wing change n his pace opened chance for max, else Ham vs max battle would have been on.
    Lucky Ham

It's funny how everyone is calling Max's performance unreal, since Leclerc had NO pace in Hard tyres. Leclerc schooled him aswell with 0.450s gap in Qualifying.

And Hamilton the "perfect driver" who does no mistakes. He destroyed his FW when he was pushing with a imperfect car.
    Last edited by Warp; 3rd July 2019 at 09:26.

Tyres tyres bloody tyres.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    If he keeps driving like that and gets similar results like he got in the second part of 2018 he might even have a slight chance at WDC this year.
    Doubt it, this kind of performances with this Red Bull are just one offs. But yeah Max is a beast no denying that.

Tires, heat, on and, on! From qual. to the checkered flag is a lot of driving. Max won the race , that's it. If he wasn't up into 2nd. place those last 3 laps wouldn't have been so great to watch. If Seb was there behind Charles , Ferrari would have a win !

Fixing indeed...

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    It was just as hot, or hotter at France. Yet Mercedes had no “cooling issues” there.

Somehow Max’s tires never reached the artificial “cliff” and gave lap times well below the delta for the harder compound.

For the Win... at his home race and exactly when needed to quell the rising tide of awareness. ...or at minimum boredom.

I was born in the dark... but I wasn’t born yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Doubt it, this kind of performances with this Red Bull are just one offs. But yeah Max is a beast no denying that.
    One of's wins by Max is far better than none of's wins by Seb. A slight chance is worth watching rather than a no chance.

Where's Max in Canada ???
    Oh Monaco Rbull Honda, Max had the strongest car but why he couldn't pass Ham? oh he's not getting good enough pay at Rbull

Quote Originally Posted by distortion View Post
    It was just as hot, or hotter at France. Yet Mercedes had no “cooling issues” there.

Somehow Max’s tires never reached the artificial “cliff” and gave lap times well below the delta for the harder compound.

For the Win... at his home race and exactly when needed to quell the rising tide of awareness. ...or at minimum boredom.

I was born in the dark... but I wasn’t born yesterday!
    Charles was acting? He deserves Oscar.

No… Charles was doing a great job considering his tires had fallen off a cliff.

Max is a great driver for sure. All I'm saying is... this sport could be controlled to some degree by tires. Along with other contrivances. e.g. Mercedes sudden cooling issues.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Where's Max in Canada ???
    Oh Monaco Rbull Honda, Max had the strongest car but why he couldn't pass Ham? oh he's not getting good enough pay at Rbull
    Your passion for Max , R Bull and Lewis is overwhelming! Try talking about Ferrari for a change, Charles is doing great. Your dying to see Max for Seb will take a while. Calm down , it will happen.

Similar to your passion when throwing the name of Vettel in every of your post.
    One time you say it’s for $, other time you poles are not needed .

Don’t worry max time will come, he will come for those $ only

We need Kubica's experience @ Ferrari.