Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bring back Arrivabene

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    That was not what we would want to see him do at ferrari. True we may be desperate but not that desperate. To get another driver to deliberately hit the wall and cause a safety car situation which helped Alonso that day is not cricket. That is where I have my reservations with flavio. He is a good manager but can be reckless........so reservations!!!! But in light of the goings on we need someone who will not put up with the stewards decision too easily. I think the very calm Binotto coupled with Flavour might bee just what we need.
    With the way things are going now, Ferrari might need a bit of a tough character to help deal with the F1 owners and FIA.

Though, as others have mentioned, we don't know what Binotto is like behind closed doors when dealing with these people. He's a long-term Ferrari man, not someone brought from another team or business, so I expect him to have the attitude of a die-hard Tifoso.

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    That was not what we would want to see him do at ferrari. True we may be desperate but not that desperate. To get another driver to deliberately hit the wall and cause a safety car situation which helped Alonso that day is not cricket. That is where I have my reservations with flavio. He is a good manager but can be reckless........so reservations!!!! But in light of the goings on we need someone who will not put up with the stewards decision too easily. I think the very calm Binotto coupled with Flavour might bee just what we need.
    Sorry but I couldn't bear to see Briatore at Ferrari.
    Putting one of his drivers at risk by getting him to put his car in the wall is unforgiveable.... plus he wears a thong

A driver pushing another driver into a wall should also be unforgiveable too. Esp. if the win isn't even at stake.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    A driver pushing another driver into a wall should also be unforgiveable too. Esp. if the win isn't even at stake.
    Yeah that was a bit too much. Of course Rubens didn't know he was going to get pushed into a wall.
    In Renault's case, it was a team conspiracy. Flavio is painted as the villain, but the drivers were part of it, as was Pat Symonds as i recall, just sayin'..

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Yeah that was a bit too much. Of course Rubens didn't know he was going to get pushed into a wall.
    In Renault's case, it was a team conspiracy. Flavio is painted as the villain, but the drivers were part of it, as was Pat Symonds as i recall, just sayin'..
    Didn't know means not prepared . He lived through it. No apology either. One tough cookie that Schumy!