Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bring back Arrivabene

Quote Originally Posted by Noquarter View Post
    In recent history, Briatore was the best boss from Italy
    I'd give Flavio a chance. He got Alonso a win in Singapore when Renault had no chance of winning lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    LOL

Michael drove into DC though, maybe you can continue just posting more things that are just not true? It's really funny.
    DC said it was his fault. It wasn't Michael's fault. He drove a classic race for us.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    Schumacher drove into Coulthard in the Mclaren, but as mentioned, he lifted on the racing line when he knew (informed on radio) that Schumacher was approaching to lap him. Who knows what he was thinking. The other drivers were able to move off the racing line in the rain.
    DC should have been banned for 3 races for that.

Arrivabene was there that day. Supporting our great team. He has seen it all with us. That is my point. He is a Ferrari man.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Eyes View Post
    DC should have been banned for 3 races for that.

Arrivabene was there that day. Supporting our great team. He has seen it all with us. That is my point. He is a Ferrari man.
    Was he really? so was Binotto but not just as a supporter he was making our team win titles he has seen it all with us, he is a Ferrari man.
    Forza Ferrari

In the current F1 I would give Flavio a go and let him groom Matia or let him have a role to deal with these corrupt officials. Matia is excellent but is to much of gentleman and you need a rough and tough guy there like Flavio.We are missing the fire if SM . These guys like Toto and the stewards lie as if it is second nature. We need a guy that will take them head on and that they know if we are right they must perform and if we are wrong we will accept our cards gracefully .
    \

Out of all the crooks out there, Binotto is the only saint.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Out of all the crooks out there, Binotto is the only saint.
    yeah, but a crook could help Ferrari win... finally.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    He was certainly different from Binotto
    I'm not a great fan of Flavio but he sure can manage a team. He would have fought his drivers' corner yesterday and probably got his way!
    I know of late his dress sense has been the subject of much amusement among us Tifosi but do we need to like our team manager as long as we admire the work he does and respect him for his achievements!
    I am not criticizing Mattia here. I know he is an excellent engineer and we are lucky to have him but managing a team is a different ball game!
    He needs help as he cannot do it all on his own.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Maybe you have forgotten about 2007 when Kimi won the WDC for us and both drivers brought in the WCC
    Also 2008 when Massa was 1 point away from WDC and he and Kimi brought the WCC home that year as well.
    Meaning what?, I was replying to someone that said Alonso destroyed Schumi legacy which is bollocks . 2007 was a lucky title by the way, if McLaren was properly managing their drivers, the chances of Kimi winning the title would have been zero.
    Last edited by Kingdom Hearts; 2nd July 2019 at 09:29.

So at Silverstone, our drivers can be more aggressive than usual. They can race the bulls and Mercs hard, maybe even bump Lewis off the track, knowing they won't get a penalty, because it will just be seen as hard racing by the stewards

Like Kimi did last year then
    Forza Ferrari

I think Binotto deserves a chance.... the last thing we need right now is yet another change in management. The titles are going to merc this year but if Binotto can get our in-season development right this year that will be a huge step forward.

As for Flavio.... do we really need a team boss who is prepared to make one of his drivers crash so the other can win a race? He should of got a lifetime ban for that imo.

Quote Originally Posted by BRP View Post
    In the current F1 I would give Flavio a go and let him groom Matia or let him have a role to deal with these corrupt officials. Matia is excellent but is to much of gentleman and you need a rough and tough guy there like Flavio.We are missing the fire if SM . These guys like Toto and the stewards lie as if it is second nature. We need a guy that will take them head on and that they know if we are right they must perform and if we are wrong we will accept our cards gracefully .
    \
    Looks like we might need a complete thug in charge of Ferrari to deal with the FIA

But Binotto needs time to develop the Team again after so many changes in leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Ree View Post
    I think Binotto deserves a chance.... the last thing we need right now is yet another change in management. The titles are going to merc this year but if Binotto can get our in-season development right this year that will be a huge step forward.

As for Flavio.... do we really need a team boss who is prepared to make one of his drivers crash so the other can win a race? He should of got a lifetime ban for that imo.
    Agree, we need to give Binotto some time to get the team to how he wants then we can judge. Next year will give us a better idea if he is pushing us in the right direction. People say he is soft but they only see the PR Mario at races they have no idea how he runs the team away from the camera's.
    Forza Ferrari

Like Kimi did last year then
    Well, Kimi did get a penalty ))

Binotto said he was very confident Max would get a penalty. When the stewards decide it's just normal racing, he fully accepts the decision even though he again says the stewards were wrong. To me that does not show leadership. What about the people who work hard at the factory in Italy? I can't imagine they'd be best pleased with this kind of situation either.

Agree, we need to give Binotto some time to get the team to how he wants then we can judge. Next year will give us a better idea if he is pushing us in the right direction. People say he is soft but they only see the PR Mario at races they have no idea how he runs the team away from the camera's.
    Yh, it's far too soon to tell how things are going to go with him. Changing the management now would be far too destabilising.

Binotto said he was very confident Max would get a penalty. When the stewards decide it's just normal racing, he fully accepts the decision even though he again says the stewards were wrong. To me that does not show leadership. What about the people who work hard at the factory in Italy? I can't imagine they'd be best pleased with this kind of situation either.
    What's he supposed to do? Publicly throw his toys out the pram?

A good leader keeps a calm head and moves on from things they have no control over. Personally I want him to concentrate on developing the car.... that is the no 1 priority imo.

A good leader keeps a calm head and moves on from things they have no control over. Personally I want him to concentrate on developing the car.... that is the no 1 priority imo.
    He knew there was nothing him or the Team could do about it.

And agreed, better just to focus on the car and get those wins back in the future, and more.

I'm pretty sure a strong leader like Todt, Briatore, etc would have fought harder for the team's interests. Binotto's message to the stewards and FIA is, you can do whatever you want, I'll just quietly accept it.

You have short memories. Arrivabene stood up for us when Alonso rubbished us. He told Alonso he was unpleasant. He stood up to the British press when they tried to tarnish Vettel's reputation. Arrivabene was a true Ferrari man. With him we won and lost as a team. We fought as a team. We lived as a team. We were a team.
    You're completely braindead. The principal was Marco Mattiacci.

Disappointed Since 2010

You have short memories. Arrivabene stood up for us when Alonso rubbished us. He told Alonso he was unpleasant. He stood up to the British press when they tried to tarnish Vettel's reputation. Arrivabene was a true Ferrari man. With him we won and lost as a team. We fought as a team. We lived as a team. We were a team.
    I am not sure what you're talking about. One thing is for sure; Alonso trashed noone. On 2005 we had trash tyres, on 2006 we were beaten, and losing is part of the game.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Actually, the way I see it, Ferrari (ie. Binotto in this case) had two options :
    1. They could once more go on and protest, right after what happened in Canada. This would go either two ways :
    1.1 Ferrari would win, media would present it as if FIA would give this to Ferrari to appease them
    1.2 Ferrari would lose, media would make a field day out of this, Ferrari would just be ridiculed.
    2. They could just accept the decision even if they disagreed. Reason is (1.).

As you see, they did the right thing, as option (1.) is damn if you win, damn if you lose.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Nah. With 2018 tyres it'd been exactly the same in terms of competitiveness versus Mercedes (0.2 seconds off on average). He was also way too kind to Kimi in situations last year where ruthlessness for the championship would've been required (Austria and Germany). It would only make a negative effect in terms of handling the race in having a team boss who resented team orders, period, when going up against Toto. Can't work that way. Arrivabene did his stint and did alright in many ways I guess, but it wasn't enough. We probably should find a political complement to Mattia, but bringing back Arrivabene is a no-go for me.

Given the chassis department of Red Bull, couldn't it be an idea to maybe try and poach Horner with a few select engineers instead? Sometime he'll need a new challenge for sure and given Verstappen is probably the top 2021 target anyway, it would make sense.

I'm pretty sure a strong leader like Todt, Briatore, etc would have fought harder for the team's interests. Binotto's message to the stewards and FIA is, you can do whatever you want, I'll just quietly accept it.
    The stewards and FIA can and do do whatever they want, and will continue to do so. The decision in Canada was unfair.... Ferrari asked for a review and were knocked back. The fans, the teams, the drivers and the pundits were unhappy with the decision. We can't say 'let them race' one week and then make a big song and dance a couple of races later when the stewards do precisely what was asked for. We need to move on and Binotto needs to do his talking by coming up with a car that is good enough to get away from the likes of Red Bull and Mercs.

The stewards and FIA can and do do whatever they want, and will continue to do so. The decision in Canada was unfair.... Ferrari asked for a review and were knocked back. The fans, the teams, the drivers and the pundits were unhappy with the decision. We can't say 'let them race' one week and then make a big song and dance a couple of races later when the stewards do precisely what was asked for. We need to move on and Binotto needs to do his talking by coming up with a car that is good enough to get away from the likes of Red Bull and Mercs.
    If hard racing is allowed from now on that's good news. Our drivers can be more aggressive on track, Binotto should tell them to go for it. No penalty for Max means no penaltys for Vettel or Leclerc, no matter who they're racing.

Arrivabene was removed because of internal politics imo. Nothing to do with performance. Ferrari was on the right path with him imo. We shall see what Binotto can do now. I feel like he needs help though. He cant perform efficiently enough on all those positions by himself I think.

If hard racing is allowed from now on that's good news. Our drivers can be more aggressive on track, Binotto should tell them to go for it. No penalty for Max means no penaltys for Vettel or Leclerc, no matter who they're racing.
    Exactly but if our drivers do get penalties for similar moves then, yh, maybe Binotto will need a firmer stance.

Exactly but if our drivers do get penalties for similar moves then, yh, maybe Binotto will need a firmer stance.
    Yes, a precedent has been set. So drivers know they can now do the same.

Though I'm worried that if a Ferrari driver does the same in the future, the verdict won't be so kind.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    I'd give Flavio a chance. He got Alonso a win in Singapore when Renault had no chance of winning lol.
    That was not what we would want to see him do at ferrari. True we may be desperate but not that desperate. To get another driver to deliberately hit the wall and cause a safety car situation which helped Alonso that day is not cricket. That is where I have my reservations with flavio. He is a good manager but can be reckless........so reservations!!!! But in light of the goings on we need someone who will not put up with the stewards decision too easily. I think the very calm Binotto coupled with Flavour might bee just what we need.

Forza Jules